Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 22: November 2007-March 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Chávez declared: "I like the prince. Now he has Camilla, his new girl. She's not as attractive, is she?"

Dear Mr Chavez: "por qué no te callas" :ROFLMAO:

The list of gifts says that the Duchess received some jewelry. Have we seen any of them out and about yet?

The list of gifts says that the Duchess received some jewelry. Have we seen any of them out and about yet?

Haven't seen any recent photos of her!:ermm:
She seems to favour her pearl necklaces during the daytime, but I guess she will actually wear her gifts.

I guess Her Majesty figures, hey, if it ain't broke, why fix it? :D If anyone wants to see her official gifts, they can audit the Royal Collection, whose system is so accountable and flawless, they could produce a list with punching a few buttons on a computer and printing it up for anyone to see.

Yes, I agree about the efficiency of the Royal Collection, but Prince Charles's official artistic gifts also are included in the Royal Collection - he does after all chair every meeting of the Royal Collection trustees & visits many of their exhibitions, so why are his gifts listed separately as well & not the Queen's?

Although speechless, I am not totally surprised. I assume that the loyal employees of the Clarence House created yet another awkward situation.:rolleyes:

Yes, precisely. The accusation was made by the longstanding & loyal former employee of the Queen, Sir Michael Peat, in order to provide ammunition with which to remove many of the Prince's loyal & longstanding employees. Which he did succesfully within a year of writing the 2003 report. Unfortunately Prince Charles is stuck with Peat as his Private Secretary until his contract comes up for renewal, reportedly in August 2009.

I am not a fan of Sir Michael Peat but in fairness he is very good with the POW's money. Hs income has risen noticeably under Peat.

Prince Charles, Camilla to visit TT ?
January 19

THIS COUNTRY may very well be graced yet again with a visit from the heir to the British Throne, His Royal Highness Prince Charles, before year’s end. Newsday has learnt that the Prince of Wales along with his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall Camilla Parker-Bowles may visit this country this year.
Trinidad and Tobago's Newsday : newsday.co.tt :

I am not a fan of Sir Michael Peat but in fairness he is very good with the POW's money. Hs income has risen noticeably under Peat.

I think income generation is the job of the Duchy of Cornwall staff, who are not controlled by Peat. His job is to oversee expenditure.

Pics 28.1.2008

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall arrive
at the Unicorn Theatre to attend a theatrical performance by children
for the finale of TheatreQuest 2007, a project by The Prince's Foundation
for Children and the Arts, on January 28, 2008 in London, England.
Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

OOOh I'm loving Camilla's coat. Truly gorgeous colour and the collar is just the sort of thing I like. The brooch looks like a mystery one.

Thank you for the pics and the article:flowers:, it´s very nice to see the Royal Couple after the break at engagemets together again!

Fotobanka isifa image service

Last edited:
Thank you for the pics and the article:flowers:, it´s very nice to see the Royal Couple after the break at engagemets together again!

Hello milla Ca, I can´t open the pics for a larger version. Is there a trick?

From some time on, I cannot enlarge the isifa pictures, too!:ermm:
It's a pity, because they had very good pictures!

Hello milla Ca, I can´t open the pics for a larger version. Is there a trick?

I´m sorry, but i have the same problem!
For some weeks now it´s not possible to see the larger version of pics at isifa. I think you have to registrate there to get the permission to see the pics. It´s the same with polfoto, there you can´t see any pics now without ´sign in´.
Not easy for royal watchers...:eek:...maybe someone can help?:flowers:

Prince Charles presents medals to Mercian Regiment on their return from Afghanistan
Clarence House, February 6

(Camilla watched the ceremony from the Balcony)

6th February 2008

The Prince of Wales today presented soldiers from the Mercian regiment with their Afghan campaign medals after inviting them to Clarence House for a reception.
(...)
As The Prince moved among immaculately turned out servicemen dressed in their khaki uniforms, he was watched from a balcony by The Duchess of Cornwall.

The Prince of Wales - HRH presents Operation Herrick medals to soldiers at Clarence House upon their return from Afghanistan

HRH presents Operation Herrick medals to soldiers at Clarence House upon theit return from Afghanistan
The Prince of Wales - HRH presents Operation Herrick medals to soldiers at Clarence House upon their return from Afghanistan
From the article "He added: "Before the men came here they were hugely excited, they were very proud to be getting their medals from The Prince". It really is a moral boost when they get their medals presented by their Royal Colonel, as opposed to the station commander or Officer in Charge.

From the article "He added: "Before the men came here they were hugely excited, they were very proud to be getting their medals from The Prince". It really is a moral boost when they get their medals presented by their Royal Colonel, as opposed to the station commander or Officer in Charge.

That's what makes me so sorry or, well, angry when I read the of way the media reacts to something like that: Charles Windsor is not just a person, he is a symbol. A symbol for the belief of a whole nation that if one person is good, then all others can follow suit. The public destruction of this person, albeit uncalled for, destroys such an amount of hope, of help, of feeling of unity, so many positive things - that is what I blame the media for.

Okay, HRH may not be the most moralistic (please, notice the "may") person in the world but that is not what it's all about. But he is trying to offer the best that is possible in his personal situation and, while that makes him not above reproach, makes him a paragon of a Prince of Wales/Heir to the throne. IMHO, of course.

Prince Charles, eco heir plane
February 7

PRINCE Charles will join British Airways passengers on a regular flight to the Caribbean next month – to slash costs and make royal tours more eco friendly.
Charles, blasted for his huge travel bills in recent years, will sit with wife Camilla in business class.

Prince Charles flies BA to save planet | Eco heir plane | The Sun |HomePage|News|Royals
Good for them, but we all know that certain papers will find something negative to say, unless......:pigsfly:

Prince Charles, eco heir plane
February 7

PRINCE Charles will join British Airways passengers on a regular flight to the Caribbean next month – to slash costs and make royal tours more eco friendly.
Charles, blasted for his huge travel bills in recent years, will sit with wife Camilla in business class.

Prince Charles flies BA to save planet | Eco heir plane | The Sun |HomePage|News|Royals

Sometimes I'm afraid my English is not good. From the website of The Sun via this link:

It's a BLT for HRH Charles

PRINCE Charles is expanding his posh
nosh empire - selling upmarket sarnies

I must confess I have no idea what this is talking about? BLT? posh nosh empire? Sarnies?

Prince Charles hires a lavish yacht to cut costs
February 8

The Prince of Wales has hired one of the world's most expensive private yachts to sail round the Caribbean - as a cost-cutting measure.
The 2,000-ton Leander, decorated in the style of a faded English country home, has been leased to the Prince and the Duchess of Cornwall for the 10-day trip next month. Clarence House has negotiated a reduced rate on the usual £40,000-a-day fee.

Prince Charles hires a lavish yacht to cut costs - Telegraph

PM invites Prince Charles & Camilla to Trinidad & Tobago
February 7

They will arrive late on March 3rd, visit Trinidad on 4th and 5th March and Tobago on March 6, before departing the country on March 6th.

Breaking News - PM Invites Prince Charles & Camilla to Trinidad & Tobago

Where can I get a ticket for that flight?:D:D

I think it would be much more nice to book a cabin on the yacht and join the couple on their tour to the Caribbean!:D:D

Prince Charles and Camilla laughed with the youngsters as they played traditional childhood games and learnt about life during the war.

The Press Association: Royal couple visit revamped museum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom