Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 22: November 2007-March 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A little find; Camilla has the Saskatchewan Centennial Medal. I didn't know that until today.

It was just an observation enhanced by some explanations. Duchess of Cornwall does have "a simple red and woven bracelet on the wrist", which is very similar to Madonna's. It does not necessarily mean that she is going to follow the Kaballah. :)
The Duchess of Cornwall,please.:)

Royal tape case and a new turn | the Daily Mail (see the second story down for Philip Treacy's OBE at Clarence House)

Hopefully this link will work better...
Interesting... the article without any acid comments in regard to Philip Treacy and his star client Duchess of Cornwall has been written by Richard Kay.
Yes she is, but some cultures do not count the partner as important enough to mention. I don't know if this is the case here but even Phillip barely gets a mention on some trips. :flowers:
You are so right ...:flowers:
It was just an observation enhanced by some explanations. Duchess of Cornwall does have "a simple red and woven bracelet on the wrist", which is very similar to Madonna's. :)

The red bracelet was a gift from the Hindu temple they visited and Camilla's decided to keep it on. I think thats quite sweet.

Thanks for resolving "a simple red and woven bracelet" controversy.:flowers::flowers::flowers:

Another lovely card from Charles and Camilla. :wub:

I don't think anyone at the Dirty Mail needs to worry about receiving one. :D

Well, with all do respect, I like The Prince and The Duchess very much, but the Christmas card is a disappointment compared to other years. In the past, their cards really strike me in an emotional way, but this one is just like any other picture. No amount of sycophancy can make me say the card is "great as the others".

It´s not my wish to convince you CasiraghiTrio, and all the more not in a sycophantically way...:flowers:
....but maybe they don´t want a pic from a big event and they chose a pic that shows their daily happiness together, maybe more special than every posed photo could be.(Only my opinion.:))

Last edited:
Well, with all do respect, I like The Prince and The Duchess very much, but the Christmas card is a disappointment compared to other years. In the past, their cards really strike me in an emotional way, but this one is just like any other picture. No amount of sycophancy can make me say the card is "great as the others".
None of the cards they send are 'christmasy', thank goodness. None of the cards could be called 'emotional', apart from their wedding.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we have to bear in mind the fact that a large proportion of anyone's list contains those of a secular or athiest persuasion, not to mention the need for 'Happy Holidays'. The card is safe and can be used for all recipients of whatever faith, just to wish a happy new year or the added Crimbo greeting. It seems a sensible choice though I'm not a fan of the photograph and would have much preferred a posed portrait.

Do they know it´s Christmas? Charles and Camilla send their greetings with a distinctly unseasonal photo

Some people are reduce to critisize even the Christmas card! I can't believe how ridiculous they are...What to expect from a ROYAL greeting card? Charles dressed in Santa Claus?
Anyway they look lovely together, obviously very in love and that's enough for me.

And speaking of the Christmas Card, accodring to this article, the picture was taking in June, during the visit to a community centre in Ystradgynlais, near Swansea, Wales. The couple are listening to a Welsh male voice choire.
The visit was made to the village to see the work of Communities First projects in the area.
The initiative is the Welsh Assembly’s flagship programme to tackle deprivation. It provides people with opportunities to play a role in shaping the future of their local area.

I was wondering whether there were other reasons, apart from their clear relaxed and happy looks, for choosing this picture.
It is so much Welsh-connected, that maybe they wanted to emphasize their position as Prince and Princess of Wales.
And the picture is from an event, that Prince Charles is very involved with.

All in all, it was a great picture, although I do think they could have found something even more wonderful, and not necessarily poised.

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall look at ease with the Jewish community of London. I wonder why there was that email mishap just a week or so ago. If your employer is tolerant of different faiths why would you go against his wishes? Does anybody know what happen to the employee?:flowers:

Thank you so much for posting the pictures! :flowers: This is my favourite, just look at the concentration on their faces! :wub:

Caption: "Now remember not too much glue, easy, easy." or "I gotta get this just perfect, especially with all these children watching me!" :D

I really like to see them together doing their events. Great pictures. The one with the cap with the POW feathers is great. I guess they did not want him to forget who he is (haha).

Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall look at ease with the Jewish community of London. I wonder why there was that email mishap just a week or so ago. If your employer is tolerant of different faiths why would you go against his wishes? Does anybody know what happen to the employee?:flowers:

I would bet they are looking at the Daily Mail under Jobs. I am sure the POW was furious as he has every right to be.

I think it's a great difference to be tolerant or friendly with the Jewish community or with people of Jewish faith and to deal with Israel in a political way. Even many Israelis and Jews around the world feel that they should not support Israel because of political intolerance. So I wouldn't wonder if the PoW feels that way as well.

Beckett receives royal call

Ralph Beckett is to train the first racehorse owned jointly by Prince Charles and his wife, Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall.

Beckett receives royal call | the Daily Mail

The place where the horse will be trained is just an hour's drive from camilla's private home, so I guess it will be her who looks occasionally after the horse.

The place where the horse will be trained is just an hour's drive from Camilla's private home, so I guess it will be her who looks occasionally after the horse.
I doubt Camilla will be allowed to be 'hands on'. The Trainer and the grooms appointed to RS wouldn't like that at all, although I expect she will be a frequent visitor to watch RS on the gallops and to talk to her. :flowers:

I think it's a great difference to be tolerant or friendly with the Jewish community or with people of Jewish faith and to deal with Israel in a political way. Even many Israelis and Jews around the world feel that they should not support Israel because of political intolerance. So I wouldn't wonder if the PoW feels that way as well.

The pictures of Prince Charles and the Duchess to me did not look like he just toleranted the British Jewish community. It look like they were really enjoying themselves. But, Prince Charles did say once he would go to Israel only when the time was right. So, Jo of Palatine you might be right about him just being tolerant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt Camilla will be allowed to be 'hands on'. The Trainer and the grooms appointed to RS wouldn't like that at all, although I expect she will be a frequent visitor to watch RS on the gallops and to talk to her. :flowers:

Sorry, I'm not a "horsey" woman, of course I didn't want to imply she would muck out the stables or groom the horse herself, even if it sounded that way. :ROFLMAO: No, I meant that it must have been very touching for Camilla to receive Supereve as a wedding gift from the queen and to have been able to decide together with her husband on how breed a filly from her - so I believe she wants to have a regular look at "their baby" and support the professional trainer and his grooms on visting while in doing so forming a relationship with her race horse beauty. The duchess appears to be a person who not only "owns" animals but really cares about them and I believe she feels the same way about a race horse even though through its "profession" it is not so close to her than her other horses are.

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall celebrate Chanukah
Hendon, London, December 12

Milla Ca/Gisela sweetly posted the Polfoto images. Here is the ABACA Press gallery.

http://www.abacausa.com/ximagi/search.php?u=&assignment_id=40809

It is awesome how The Prince wore a yamuka specially made for him, with the Prince of Wales Feathers! He can keep it forever and maybe pass it on to the next Prince of Wales, as it could well come in handy for such future occasions! ;)

Sorry, I'm not a "horsey" woman, of course I didn't want to imply she would muck out the stables or groom the horse herself, even if it sounded that way. :ROFLMAO:
She would probably love to muck her out and groom her. The trouble the trainer will have, is stopping her from wanting a ride! :D :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom