Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 2: May-June 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder if g-o-c-p means those rumours that they had a daughter...
it's from the American magazine, national inquirer(??). i heard that that's a trash magazine. but many newspapers (in my country) have published that story. so many ppl believed that now. it's very irresponsible for those newspapers to do so, imo

What are we talking about?

florawindsor said:
i wonder if g-o-c-p means those rumours that they had a daughter...it's from the American magazine, national inquirer(??). i heard that that's a trash magazine. but many newspapers (in my country) have published that story. so many ppl believed that now. it's very irresponsible for those newspapers to do so, imo

What is this about? What rumours? That Charles and Camilla had/have a daughter? The source of this rumour being the National Enquirer? Then it must be true! :D

florawindsor said:
i wonder if g-o-c-p means those rumours that they had a daughter...
it's from the American magazine, national inquirer(??). i heard that that's a trash magazine. but many newspapers (in my country) have published that story. so many ppl believed that now. it's very irresponsible for those newspapers to do so, imo

The National Inquirer is not a trustworthy source at all. It is notorious for its tabloid reporting and extreme exaggerations of the truth. (I never buy the "where there's smoke there's fire" theory either when it's in connection to this publication.)

In regards to such a story being published in other sources, I think it's a very terrible habit and frankly laziness on the part of these other sources. Instead of actually putting some time into looking into the story to see if it's true or not, other publications are more and more often just re-running stories verbatem or with a few alterations here and there without any consideration for accountability or how their propagation of such a story might affect others, or that there are people gullible enough to believe such stories and pass them on as facts.

yes, my dear friends, i know that NI is not trustworthy, but ...i really dont know what to say, many ppl do believe in such rabbish

it's a bit sad :( i tried to explained to other ppl that those reports are false, but few ppl believe me

Unfortunately, more and more papers are subscribing to the view that selling more copies is more important than careful checking of their facts and sources.

Four-Legged Glory for Charles and Camilla

Prince Charles was right on target when he saddled up for a game of polo at the weekend. The heir to the throne proved that, despite his 56 years, he is still a force to be reckoned with when it comes to competitive sport.

With a little help from his favourite mount, Charles scored four goals and led his side to a comfortable victory over the British Airways team at Hurtwood Park. And he wasn't the only one enjoying a little animal magic - his wife Camilla likewise had reason to be proud of one of her four-legged friends.

Since tying the knot with her long-time beau the Duchess of Cornwall has no doubt received many requests to become a patron of different charities. But she may have been surprised to find out that Macmillan Cancer Relief has named Tosca, her eight-year-old Jack Russell, as president of the committee for its annual dog show.

Insiders say the appointment was a light-hearted attempt to bring Camilla herself on board as a patron. How she will respond to the gesture remains to be seen, but it might be best to avoid giving Tosca, who's known to be a little short-tempered at times, too much responsibility. She was originally presented to Charles as a gift, but he had to find her a new home after she got into a fight with another of his canine companions.

Attachments

• charles-camilla-dop1a.jpg
    charles-camilla-dop1a.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 134
  • charles-camilla-dop2a.jpg
    charles-camilla-dop2a.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 220
i have to tried post articles and pictures about Prince Charles at polo check it out!

The Sun

Sara Boyce

Even if Camilla and Charles would have a daughter together, they would've brought her out by now. I don't trust the Inquirer for my stories but I have a couple of friends who work for trustworthy papers and they sometimes give me scoops. Sometimes these papers get their stories from reliable sources but often but the story with a few fibs in it as well.

RoseMary said:
Even if Camilla and Charles would have a daughter together, they would've brought her out by now. I don't trust the Inquirer for my stories but I have a couple of friends who work for trustworthy papers and they sometimes give me scoops. Sometimes these papers get their stories from reliable sources but often but the story with a few fibs in it as well.

i agree it!

if both wanted more children in 50's that fine! Prince Charles had 2 sons from Princess Diana and Camilla had 2 children from her ex-husband

Sara Boyce

check it out on Mirror articles!

ROYAL RAT TRAP WISH
PRINCE Charles and Camilla are the couple people would most like to see locked in a box full of rats for charity.

A poll found 21 per cent of people wanted the royal pair to perform the I'm A Celebrity... task more than any other celebrities.

Thirty per cent of the 1,500 asked wanted to see Posh and Becks in a Big Brother-style house just to see them row.

And 24 per cent said they would like to see the Beckhams eat insects.

Advertisement

Les Sudron of charity Leonard Cheshire said the poll was to get people interested in fundraising: "It doesn't matter what you do if it raises money."

1102912.gif
x.gif
1301798.jpg
x.gif
x.gif
Christine Clancy shares a joke with Prince Charles
x.gif
x.gif
<A class=LargeBody>W.I. LADIES MEET PRINCE
x.gif
The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall have met the real-life Calendar Girls to congratulate them for raising £1million towards leukaemia research.

Charles and Camilla invited six of the original gang, who posed without clothes for an alternative Women's Institute calendar, to Clarence House for a lavish reception.

The calendar, in which the women's modesty was protected by cakes, flowers and household utensils, was highly successful and inspired the hit Calendar Girls movie in 2003 starring Dame Helen Mirren and Julie Walters.

Launched in 1999, more than 88,000 copies of the calendar were sold in the UK and a further 240,000 in the US.

It raised over £1million for the Leukaemia Research Fund.

Angela Baker, whose character was played by Julie Walters, told reporters at Clarence House: "It's absolutely wonderful. Who would not want to meet the Prince and the Duchess?

"The Prince has been with us all along the way, we've met him a few times before. He said it was an incredible achievement to raise £1 million for the charity."

The ladies of the North Yorkshire's Rylstone and District Women's Institute had the novel fundraising idea following the death of Mrs Baker's husband from non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.

Other members who attended today's reception were Lynda Logan - reportedly the Prince's favourite Calendar Girl - Trisha Stewart, who was played by Mirren, Ros Fawcett, Christine Clancy and Beryl Bamforth.

The friends posed for a second calendar in 2004 and roped in six actresses from the film including Mirren and Walters to model alongside them.

sara1981 said:
check it out on Mirror articles!

Les Sudron of charity Leonard Cheshire said the poll was to get people interested in fundraising: "It doesn't matter what you do if it raises money."

what's the point of charity, if you are putting other ppl in misery?:confused:

Yes, It's An Irani Doctor Who Has His Offices In Madrid, PARIS And London.

Last edited:
Reception at Clarence House yesterday. From Newscom and AAP Image, colourful Duchess, And Prince Charles with ladies:

Attachments

• rtrlive897071.jpg
    rtrlive897071.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 188
  • a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 178
  • afplive777986.jpg
    afplive777986.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 165
  • afplive777985.jpg
    afplive777985.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 189
  • BRITAIN_LON103.jpg
    BRITAIN_LON103.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 329
Last edited by a moderator:
PRINCE Charles has put forward his latest plans to develop a 900-acre Herefordshire estate.

The Prince of Wales, through the Duchy of Cornwall, is planning to transform the Harewood Park Estate and has already received planning permission to build a multi-million pound manor house on the rural site half-way between Hereford and Ross-on-Wye.

This week, the prince submitted designs to restore an historic chapel on the Harewood End grounds to its former beauty.

The chapel, which was rebuilt in 1864 and is classified as a listed building, will be repaired with original materials and features if the application is successful.

Architect Craig Hamilton, who is the agent working on behalf of Prince Charles, claims the works are necessary to restore the architectural and historic value of the chapel.

In the application to Herefordshire Council, he outlines repairs to stonework, guttering, damaged roofs and broken windows.

Work has already started on other parts of the estate with a number of dilapidated farmhouses, cottages and barns currently being renovated.

Once these jobs are finished, builders will demolish a 1960s bungalow and replace it with the centrepiece of the refurbished estate - the six-bedroomed manor house.

from hellomagazine.com ...

Charles and Camilla meet the Calander Girls

Prince Charles and his wife the Duchess of Cornwall hosted Britain's unlikely pin-ups at Clarence House on Wednesday to celebrate the success of the famed Calendar Girls.

Five years ago, the Calendar Girls, a group of middle-aged members of North Yorkshire's Rylstone and District Women's Institute, posed naked for a calendar to raise cash for the Leukaemia Research Fund. After selling more than 320,000 copies – and sparking the 2003 hit film starring Dame Helen Mirren and Julie Walters – the ladies have raised more than £1 million for the cause.

Six of the original models – Beryl Bamforth, Angela Baker, Lynda Logan, Tricia Stewart, Ros Fawcett and Christine Clancy – attended the royal reception to recognise their achievement.

"It's absolutely wonderful today," said Angela Baker, whose late husband's death from Hodgkin's lymphoma inspired the calendar. "Who would not want to meet the Prince and the Duchess?"

Attachments

• camillacharles-dop1a.jpg
    camillacharles-dop1a.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 152
  • camillacharles-dop2a.jpg
    camillacharles-dop2a.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 156
Has Duchess Camilla been seen wearing any royal tiara since her wedding? I havent, i would like to see a pic of it.

No not yet,Australian.Maybe in October as the Official visit of King Harald and Queen Sonja to England.

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall atttend a reception for the Calender Girls on June 1, 2005 in London, England. The Calender Girls are a group of Yorkshire women who posed nude or semi nude for a calender to raise funds for Leukamemia Research and who later had a film made about them.

Attachments

• 53009695.jpg
    53009695.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 190
  • 53009705.jpg
    53009705.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 153
Royal weddings

Lifetime Television tonight at 11pm EST is:

"I Do Diaries: Royal Weddings"

The very brief description on the network's website says the show includes both of Charles' weddings.

www.lifetimetv.com

Lady Jean said:
Lifetime Television tonight at 11pm EST is:

"I Do Diaries: Royal Weddings"

The very brief description on the network's website says the show includes both of Charles' weddings.

www.lifetimetv.com

thanks for info i will watch it

Sara Boyce

It doesn't make sense to me either that it is premiered so late, but it is a great show! It has good coverage of Mette Marit, Maxima and even Mabel. In America I have seen almost no film clips of their weddings.

I watch that films all over Royals include M-M,Maxima,Letizia,Mabel,etc.

I like Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer's wedding in 1981 more best than Prince Charles and Camilla's because many people like Diana very much! if many people like Camilla i dont care about Camilla NOPE!

Sara Boyce

Prince of Wales hopes Morocco-GB friendship will persevere

The Prince of Wales said he shares with King Mohammed VI of Morocco the hope that religious and cultural institutions would preserve the spirit of friendship that marks relations between Morocco and Great Britain.
In a video message sent to the World Sacred Music Festival, held in Fez, he recalled that he was invited nine years ago to join the honour committee of the Festival and that he accepted the invitation of King Mohammed VI, then Crown prince, "not only because of his deep respect to and great friendship with the King but also because of his great admiration for the Moroccan people".

The British Prince added that music "is a universal language which speaks to all nations and all people without distinction of colour or belief."

The Prince of Wales said the way the festival rapidly developed to embody hope and harmony in North Africa and the Middle East "is a tribute to the wisdom of HM the King, for he encouraged the idea of the festival at the outset".

He said he had deeply sensed a long time ago that Islam and the Western World belong to a mutual culture based on the faith of Ibrahim and that in spite of "the current tensions, the basic aspects of our cultures bring us closer more than they separate us.”"

Last edited:
June 7, 2005: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall at the world charity premiere of 'Mystic India.' (An Excellent film, by the way)

I have to say the Duchess looks beautiful. I was trying to make out if she was wearing a 'ghagra-choli' (traditional Indian dress), but she is not, just wearing a long evening dress that looks like that.

Attachments

• 00671968.jpg
    00671968.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 00671969.jpg
    00671969.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 153
  • 00671970.jpg
    00671970.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 00671971.jpg
    00671971.jpg