Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 15: June-July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you for the info。thanks to everybody for the photos!

Royal Garden party at Buckingham Palace

getty images

I love the 1st pic above in Hornsen's post. I would have to say that it is one of my favs of the royal couple. They look so innocent and loving even from behind. A united front before they brave the crowd.:)

You´re right, kerry. I felt the same when I watched the pic. It is very touching.

hornsen said:
You´re right, kerry. I felt the same when I watched the pic. It is very touching.

:D When I first saw it, I thought they were holding hands like teenage sweethearts. On closer inspection, she seems to be clutching a purse, but I still think their hands are touching. It's a lovely pic. Real "You and me against the world" stuff. *sniffle*

Roslyn said:
:D When I first saw it, I thought they were holding hands like teenage sweethearts. On closer inspection, she seems to be clutching a purse, but I still think their hands are touching. It's a lovely pic. Real "You and me against the world" stuff. *sniffle*

On second perusal of said photo ..... Camilla is carrying her purse in her left hand! So, unless she has two, my money is on a little discreet hand-holding. (pass the hankies) ;)

MARG said:
On second perusal of said photo ..... Camilla is carrying her purse in her left hand! So, unless she has two, my money is on a little discreet hand-holding. (pass the hankies) ;)

By George! You're right:D I just hunted out some other pics from that occasion, and there's another of them together walking through the crowd and the purse is definitely in her left hand and her right hand and his left are free :p

They were holding hands. How cute.;)

I think it's nice how they usually stick together when doing walkabouts. Charles and Diana would split up so more people could see them, but I think I like this way better.

It is indeed a very touching picture of Charles and Camilla, I love it, when they are holding hands, orjust their looks. It's really great to see how much in love they are.

I think it's nice how they usually stick together when doing walkabouts. Charles and Diana would split up so more people could see them, but I think I like this way better.

Well, that wasn't planned. When Pamela Hicks spoke about Charles and Diana visiting places, she said that Diana would get out of one side and follow the line down and the side left with Charles would groan which would put him in a bad mood for the rest of the visit because he was being ignored. But Camilla is a consort and she knows that her one major role is to support, not shine. Luckily for her, she naturally shines and she doesn't have a problem supporting and so when you see Charles and Camilla together, you actually see a team and that's wonderful.

BeatrixFan said:
Well, that wasn't planned. When Pamela Hicks spoke about Charles and Diana visiting places, she said that Diana would get out of one side and follow the line down and the side left with Charles would groan which would put him in a bad mood for the rest of the visit because he was being ignored. But Camilla is a consort and she knows that her one major role is to support, not shine. Luckily for her, she naturally shines and she doesn't have a problem supporting and so when you see Charles and Camilla together, you actually see a team and that's wonderful.

Second that, Beatrixfun. You are absolutely right. They are a team.

Prince Charles and Camilla Duchess of Cornwall visit to the 148th Great Yorkshire Show in Harrogate England Thursday July 13, 2006.

from abaca

Attachments

• 515688.jpg
    515688.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 211
  • 515685.jpg
    515685.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 176
  • 515686.jpg
    515686.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 215
  • 515687.jpg
    515687.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 192
  • 515689.jpg
    515689.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 173
  • 515690.jpg
    515690.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
More from abaca

Attachments

• 515691.jpg
    515691.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 226
  • 515692.jpg
    515692.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 194
  • 515693.jpg
    515693.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 164
  • 515694.jpg
    515694.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 167
  • 515695.jpg
    515695.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 215
Thanks for posting those lovely pics from the Great Yorkshire Show, Fanletizia. C&C seem very happy and interested in everything.

Avalon said:
The time of our lives

THE Prince of Wales and his wife Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, gave a Sandy couple the thrill of their lives on Tuesday afternoon....

What a very sweet and touching story. Prince Charles and the Duchess are tops in my book!:)

Charles delighted by crook gifts

FIVE years ago William Lambert and his wife, Claire, were in the depths of despair.
Their sheep and dairy cattle at Raygill House Farm, near Hawes in Wensleydale, were the first in Yorkshire to fall victim to foot and mouth disease.

http://www.yorkshiretoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?sectionid=55&articleid=1628362

CAMILLA'S COAT OF ARMLESS..

CAMILLA leaves onlookers stumped as she appears in public apparently without arms.
But things are not as they seem, as the shocking sight is due to the cutaway sleeves on her jacket.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/tm_objectid=17382628&method=full&siteid=94762&headline=camilla-s-coat-of-armless----name_page.html

Skydragon said:
CAMILLA'S COAT OF ARMLESS..

CAMILLA leaves onlookers stumped as she appears in public apparently without arms.
But things are not as they seem, as the shocking sight is due to the cutaway sleeves on her jacket.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/tm_objectid=17382628&method=full&siteid=94762&headline=camilla-s-coat-of-armless----name_page.html
Somehow the article on the net doesn't seem to make sense because it has no picture in it... But when does the Mirror makes sense, anyway?:D
I just saw that the picture has been posted in post 170 - okay, now I understand - creepy, really...

Last edited:
And this is news is it?

Skydragon said:
Charles and Camilla delight show crowds

HARROGATE'S royal visits yesterday proved real crowd pleasers as Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall spent much of the day touring the Great Yorkshire Show, before the Prince went on to see the start of restoration work at the Royal Hall.

http://www.harrogatetoday.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=17&ArticleID=1627928

One really gets the feeling the duchess enjoys these festivals as much as the other people coming there.

Camilla's hat is gorgeous! Thanks everybody for the photos!

Part 12 is now closed.

Charles and Camilla current events part 13 can be found here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom