Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 14: April 2006-June 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warren

Administrator in Memoriam
City
Sydney
Country
Australia
Welcome to Charles & Camilla current events Part 11 (eleven).

Part 10 can be found here.

Last edited:
I know I'm a little late but I do like the new Vogue piccies. I think that Her Royal Highness looks stunning and yes it's a shame that she's been photo shopped but who hasn't been?

Just so long as she gave informed consent...:D

I love to see this photos, too. But I wished for more pics of them together...

Even Queen Mary was photoshopped. Back in the days before Photo Shop of course. And what about Elizabeth I? Her portraits were always flattering.

And don't forget the Queen Mother in Cecil Beaton's photos of the 30s. The Queen Mum later joked about it.

The vogue pictures were absolutely beautiful, whether they were photoshopped or not. ;)

Lovely photos in Vogue! :D

I like the photo of the Duchess on the garden bench the best. She looked relaxed and it seems to be the least amount of touchups on that shot.

My guess is they were touched up. But most photos in any magazine are, especially fashion magazine.

IMO she looks great either way.

BeatrixFan said:
Even Queen Mary was photoshopped. Back in the days before Photo Shop of course. And what about Elizabeth I? Her portraits were always flattering.
Take a look at just about any close-up photograph of Queen Alexandra; it's quite rare to find one that hasn't been airbrushed.

To airbrush a photo is quite different from taking 30 lbs of someone.

Taking 30 lbs off someone is exactly what Cecil Beaton did to the Queen Mother's portraits in the 30s.

Queen Alexandra was quite thin up until her final days so she didn't need the pounds taken off. She was very self-conscious of her looks so once she reached a certain age, her complexion was 'smoothed' in the photographers lab.

The royals were more remote back then so the photographers had greater license to 'fix' things but the present Testino pics don't look that far off from the way Camilla looks in candid shots during her events.

grevinnan said:
To airbrush a photo is quite different from taking 30 lbs of someone.

Did I miss an announcement that says they airbrushed 30 lbs (over 2st of weight) off of these pictures? :confused:

Compare the very slim Camilla in the photos with the ones from India very recently. I find it very sad that for a couple that promotes holistic and organic living find it necessary to slim down the Duchess for the photos. In other words - she is not ok the way she looks. I doubt Camilla has been as slim as she is depicted in the photos since her 30ish.

April 20, 2006-The Prince and the Duchess visited the Muir of Dinnet National Nature Reserve
Source: Getty Images

Attachments

• 57372662.jpg
    57372662.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 253
  • 57372850.jpg
    57372850.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 228
  • 57372853.jpg
    57372853.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 264
Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall visit Muir of Dinnet National Nature Reserve on Royal Deeside during their private stay at nearby Birkhall on the Balmoral Estate on April 20, 2006 in Balmoral, Scotland.
Tim Graham/Getty Images

Attachments

• 57372853.jpg
    57372853.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 251
  • 57372854.jpg
    57372854.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 202
  • 57372877.jpg
    57372877.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 284
  • 57380554.jpg
    57380554.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 227
grevinnan said:
Compare the very slim Camilla in the photos with the ones from India very recently. I find it very sad that for a couple that promotes holistic and organic living find it necessary to slim down the Duchess for the photos. In other words - she is not ok the way she looks. I doubt Camilla has been as slim as she is depicted in the photos since her 30ish.

Although I find the photo of HRH the Duchess of Cornwall on the garden bench very flattering, I am inclined to agree with you grevinnan :)

The pictures of the Duchess (sitting down) seem's to portray her as a slimmer build than in the photo's taken on the Eastern tour.

There's no doubt in my mind that a certain amount of touching up has been executed on these photographs, and given the world wide circulation of the material I guess thats to be a common but somewhat unfortunate procedure...

"MII"

Last edited:
grevinnan said:

Do you have any idea what an extra 2 Stone looks like?

That is like saying she was a US size 10 and is now a US size 18. (UK sizes 12 to a 20).

There is no way that Camilla is now a size 20! :)

Please elaborate on what "2 Stone" have to do with my post?

I just realized that you must have replied to an earlier post and not the one you copied.

I am approximately of the same age as Camilla and after putting on 30 lbs in the last 10 years I have gone from US size 8 to a 12. Looking at the pictures the photoshopping slimmed her down with aroung 30 lbs - only 13 - 14 kilograms by the way.

grevinnan said:
I just realized that you must have replied to an earlier post and not the one you copied.

I am approximately of the same age as Camilla and after putting on 30 lbs in the last 10 years I have gone from US size 8 to a 12. Looking at the pictures the photoshopping slimmed her down with aroung 30 lbs - only 13 - 14 kilograms by the way.
Yes I was replying to an earlier post however, I couldn't see what promoting holistic and organic living had to do with a magazine choosing to airbrush 1 or 2 pounds off of someone.

In the UK, a lot of us seem to work with Stones, pounds and ounces! :) I wouldn't know what a kilogram looked like if it jumped up and bit me :D but, I do have some idea what a gain of 30lbs looks like.

A close friend gained 30lbs (2st) and went from a UK size 14 to a size 18/20.

I'm sorry I didnt see a date on the article. Is the wedding tomorrow or next weekend?

The date's at the bottom of the article in a tasteful pale orange that you really have to be looking for in order to see. It's today's date (28 April).

The article says "next Saturday," which in British parlance would be Saturday next week. Most of the references to the wedding I've seen say "in May," which would be consistent with the end of next week.

Oh ok thanks! Cant wait for more family photos!

Sorry, I should have made the date clear - the wedding is the 6th May 2006.

Skydragon said:
Yes I was replying to an earlier post however, I couldn't see what promoting holistic and organic living had to do with a magazine choosing to airbrush 1 or 2 pounds off of someone.

In the UK, a lot of us seem to work with Stones, pounds and ounces! :) I wouldn't know what a kilogram looked like if it jumped up and bit me :D but, I do have some idea what a gain of 30lbs looks like.

A close friend gained 30lbs (2st) and went from a UK size 14 to a size 18/20.

Are we talking about a magazine taking pounds OFF? :confused: I thought their bread and butter was more in the nature of ADDING for effect? We are talking about the 'Press' aren't we? :rolleyes:

MARG said:
Are we talking about a magazine taking pounds OFF? :confused: I thought their bread and butter was more in the nature of ADDING for effect? We are talking about the 'Press' aren't we? :rolleyes:

grevinnan thought that the magazine had airbrushed 30 lbs (2 stone) off. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom