Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 10: December 2005-January 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Mary I said:
And in the UK only a Princess of the blood can have the title before their name btw.

Yes as everyone in the UK knows. I should have just put Prince Charles and his wonderful wife Camilla, Princess of Wales!
A match made in heaven! :)

Skydragon said:
Yes as everyone in the UK knows. I should have just put Prince Charles and his wonderful wife Camilla, Princess of Wales!
A match made in heaven! :)

We will have to agree to disagree on that count.

Princejonnhy25 said:
Happy New Year Everyone. 2005 was such a difficult year especially for me. Im hoping for a wonderfull 2006 and and wonderful year for Charles and Camilla. I cant wait to see them on more foreign visits. I would love to see them go to denmark. That would be intresting.

I hope you have a brilliant 2006 and onwards Princejohney25.
I can hardly wait for their next trip - lots of lovely photo's!:D

Queen Mary I said:
We will have to agree to disagree on that count.

The majority of people in the UK know that only a Princess of the blood is supposed to put the title before her name!:)

Skydragon said:
The majority of people in the UK know that only a Princess of the blood is supposed to put the title before her name!:)

I'm not sure about that. No one in my immediate circle knew while I was growing up. This is just something I discovered along the way because of my interest in the RF. And you certainly could not tell by the 'Princess Diana' or 'Princess Di' signs held up by people at events in past years. But perhaps you are right.

Queen Mary I said:
I'm not sure about that. No one in my immediate circle knew while I was growing up. This is just something I discovered along the way because of my interest in the RF. And you certainly could not tell by the 'Princess Diana' or 'Princess Di' signs held up by people at events in past years. But perhaps you are right.

Most people remember it because of all the press, when Charles divorced and again after the accident.

Please get back on topic.

Thanks

Elspeth

British Royals moderator

BeatrixFan said:
I think Germany might feature on the visit list considering Britain's relationship with Germany at the moment. Denmark might also feature.

How about Spain or Italy? Poor Camilla, she does hate flying!:)

Well, let's see where they've been and where the Queen's been. She did Italy last year I think so we could cancel that. Spain's an interesting one - but at the moment we're on good terms with Spain. I said Germany because of the EU budget row - but the Queen went to Germany last year. Denmark hasn't had a visit for a long time, nor has the Netherlands. France is out because the Queen did that last year along with Russia, Norway and Poland as well as China.

So, I'd put my money on Sweden, Denmark, The Netherlands, Spain - somewhere like that. If it's a country with a Monarchy it'd be fab and it means we could be getting some foreign royalty here after Charles and Camilla have been. It's all very exciting.

Skydragon said:
How about Spain or Italy? Poor Camilla, she does hate flying!:)

Do they fly separately or is that just the heirs? My best friend is so terrified of flying she and her groom took a sleeper train from point A to B for their honeymoon. I do feel for Camilla if she is afraid to fly.

No, they fly together. The Queen can't fly in the same plane as Charles and he can't fly in the same plane as William.

I would like them to go to denmark. I can see Queen Margareth and Camilla having a smoke while painting or have a chat. They might go to China. Charles hurt his relations with China in 05 and Britian wasnt on the best terms with China last year. The president might have invited them to come to China when he visited Britian. Do you think they might go to India? That would be something.

That's what was said in Hello and on the AP. She particularly hates long trips. In this case, Camilla and Charles flew together. I think William though cannot fly with his father. Don't know about Harry.

I did the sleeper train thing too on my honeymoon.....bunkbeds; how romantic!;)

Queen Mary I said:
Do they fly separately or is that just the heirs? My best friend is so terrified of flying she and her groom took a sleeper train from point A to B for their honeymoon. I do feel for Camilla if she is afraid to fly.

Didn't see BeatrixFan had explained this. Well, it makes sense.

maryshawn said:
That's what was said in Hello and on the AP. She particularly hates long trips. In this case, Camilla and Charles flew together. I think William though cannot fly with his father. Don't know about Harry.

I did the sleeper train thing too on my honeymoon.....bunkbeds; how romantic!;)

Sorry I didn't mean to go off topic! But my pal did tell me to do the train thing too on my honeymoon;)if I marry that is!

I guess Harry wouldn't be allowed to fly with his dad either. That must be tough.

Princejonnhy25 said:
I would like them to go to denmark. I can see Queen Margareth and Camilla having a smoke while painting or have a chat. .

Camilla gave up smoking I believe. Thats how much she loves Charles!

I think Harry can fly with Charles - he's the spare and not the heir.

Princejonnhy25 said:
I would like them to go to denmark. I can see Queen Margareth and Camilla having a smoke while painting or have a chat. They might go to China. Charles hurt his relations with China in 05 and Britian wasnt on the best terms with China last year. The president might have invited them to come to China when he visited Britian. Do you think they might go to India? That would be something.

I thought Charles had asked Camilla to quit smoking? That is one thing Charles and I have in common-we don't smoke.

India is so close to the war. :( I would hope C & C stay far away from there at least until things stabilize-if ever they will.

The China thing was embarassing. I don't know if they would invite him now but perhaps China feels it's in it's best interests to stay on good terms with the Royals or Britain in general? I just don't know.

But I'm assuming he cannot fly with William. Is that accurate? If so, poor Wills is the one whose flying around sans family members as, I'm assuming, he can't fly with the Queen either.

BeatrixFan said:
I think Harry can fly with Charles - he's the spare and not the heir.

That's right. William's on his own.

I thought Camilla quit too but Im still not sure completely. I hope she did though. India isnt that close to the war really. India might very well become a super power in the future. It would be smart to go there. So much attention is put on Chinas future they forget about India. I would love them to go to India. They love the country and culture a lot I hear.

Princejonnhy25 said:
I thought Camilla quit too but Im still not sure completely. I hope she did though. India isnt that close to the war really. India might very well become a super power in the future. It would be smart to go there. So much attention is put on Chinas future they forget about India. I would love them to go to India. They love the country and culture a lot I hear.

I am 99.9% sure she quit!:)

I'd love to know how she did it! (my sister's been a chainsmoker for years and has tried patches, hypnotherapy,.....). Has she ever said what she did or did she just go cold turkey?

Skydragon said:
I am 99.9% sure she quit!:)

maryshawn said:
I'd love to know how she did it! (my sister's been a chainsmoker for years and has tried patches, hypnotherapy,.....). Has she ever said what she did or did she just go cold turkey?

I am fortunate that no one in my immediate family smokes-they did when I was little I do remember that. I have a friend who used a patch for a while but he said it made him sick. I am passionately anti-smoking having seen what it's ravaging effects could be in cancer patients at Veteran's Hospitals.

BeatrixFan said:
That's right. William's on his own.

The Queen can't fly with Charles and William.

Charles can't fly with Wiliam.

But everyone else can fly with everyone else.

The reason is in case there is an accident the country doesn't lose both the monarch and heir and heir's heir at the same time.

The origin of this is the accident to Prince Philip's sister in 1937 when his sister, her husband and two of their children died in a plance crash. The British government then declared that the monarch couldn't fly with the heir, once the heir is over 12.

When the Queen came to Australia in 1970 she flew up to the city near my home town but Charles couldn't come because it was only a short visit (about 4 hours) so we only had the Queen, Philip and Anne - it was a great day even if we didn't get the POW.

When Charles and Diana came here in 1983 with William he did fly on the same plane but he was under 12 at the time.

They did make an exception when the Queen Mother died and allowed William to fly back to Britain with both his father and brother. Normally William flies on his own and Harry with Charles but William and Harry could fly together and have Charles go on his own.

As the men are now older the chances of the three of them even wanting to fly to the same place is getting remoter.

I wonder how Camilla coped on the journey to America, what with her extreme fear of flying? I read somewhere that Charles gets quite exasperated with her fear of flying and can't understand it but this is probably because he's so used to it. Plus I think this is totally untrue because from the footage I have seen he seems to always try to put Camilla at ease and I'm sure that on a plane he'd try to keep her calm, don't you think?

I hope so. Camilla is a strong women who doesnt usually need men to make her feel better. But this is one of her weakness and I hope Charles was their for her like she is their for him.

Will's princess said:
I wonder how Camilla coped on the journey to America, what with her extreme fear of flying? I read somewhere that Charles gets quite exasperated with her fear of flying and can't understand it but this is probably because he's so used to it. Plus I think this is totally untrue because from the footage I have seen he seems to always try to put Camilla at ease and I'm sure that on a plane he'd try to keep her calm, don't you think?

I would think so. And Charles is (or was?) a pilot so no fear of flying there for sure.

Gosh I honestly never knew he was a pilot. At least I can tell my mum I really was learning something on the net lol!

Will's princess said:
Gosh I honestly never knew he was a pilot. At least I can tell my mum I really was learning something on the net lol!

He learned to fly jets no less and according to the RF website he earned his RAF wings in 1971:
http://www.royal.gov.uk/output/Page460.asp

I haven't been able to locate photographs of Charles the pilot in the cockpit. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom