Prince Harry Current Events 8: September-November 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you are very smart to be able to do that. many just see prince harry on a bike but not you. thanks! when any official pictures are released, please post what you think about them. it would be helpful for me!

I agree with Warren.

The last surprise photograph (Harry on the bike) was intended to make him look like a regular guy, like the young man next door who loves to race around on his bike. And you like that guy. It's part of the modernizing of the monarchy for the next generation. (Bet you don't see Charles buzzing around on his motorbike any time soon!)

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
But does everyone own a motorbike? They get kind of pricey.
Those who are interested in bikes but don't have one may aspire to own one. And as we know, "aspiration" is the basis of most modern marketing. If one is not a bike person, then we have Harry looking upright and smart in his uniform which is much more reassuring. Women will probably relate to the Wills and Harry pic in arty black and white. The latter pic is also resonant of those old pics of Diana and the children, also in black and white. Co-incidence?

Harry

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY kpusa1981

What do you all think about if Prince Harry had enlisted in the British Army once he had enough GCSEs marks and done his A-Levels and the CCF at Eton?
Then he could still have done his Officer Training at RMA Sandhurst when he did.

Does Harry even ride a bike? I'm all for marketing to the masses but its nice if there's a little truth to it.

ysbel said:
Does Harry even ride a bike? I'm all for marketing to the masses but its nice if there's a little truth to it.

I did some reading on this. Harry and William both have motorbikes. Harry posed on William's bike (don't know why). William's bike can go up to 165 mph (let's hope William doesn't go 165 mph!).

iowabelle said:
I did some reading on this. Harry and William both have motorbikes. Harry posed on William's bike (don't know why). William's bike can go up to 165 mph (let's hope William doesn't go 165 mph!).

Good to hear iowabelle. I hope they wear helmets.

in the interview thing from somewhere, harry stated that he couldn't ride around in the field because he couldn't wear a helmet for the picture. i don't know why he didn't pose on his own bike.

Both boys do seem to use the same photographer as Diana. Can't remember his name though.

The picture of Will and Harry reminds me of one of them with Diana, I am looking for it but I can't seem to find it. The one with them behind the wall and harry is sitting on it.

Prince Harry gives interviews on his 21st birthday..Newscom

birthday.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y192/Daydreamer_1/birthday.jpg

Harry's polo shirt said:
Both boys do seem to use the same photographer as Diana. Can't remember his name though.

The picture of Will and Harry reminds me of one of them with Diana, I am looking for it but I can't seem to find it. The one with them behind the wall and harry is sitting on it.

Mario Testino.

Yes thats it. I think they use him because it makes them feel closer to their mother.

Harry's polo shirt said:
Yes thats it. I think they use him because it makes them feel closer to their mother.

I think they know he can deliver a reliable product. His Diana pictures were so beautiful. They probably have some comfort in working with him too, since they've known him so long.

iowabelle said:
I think they know he can deliver a reliable product. His Diana pictures were so beautiful. They probably have some comfort in working with him too, since they've known him so long.
IMO, his pictures of William and Harry are not as successful. Rather plain and cliché (especially the two pictures of Harry which were first released and the pics for William's 18 birthday).
But I love the one were they are the three Wales in a tree (I think it was a new year card). Was it from Testino (it looks like him)?

Back to harry: there a article in the BRF news tread about a life portrait of the Royals (Will and harry included). The artist says about Harry:

'For Harry sitting for the portrait meant an hour off Latin classes so he was delighted.'

Last edited:
Idriel said:
IMO, his pictures of William and Harry are not as successful. Rather plain and cliché (especially the two pictures of Harry which were first released and the pics for William's 18 birthday).
But I love the one were they are the three Wales in a tree (I think it was a new year card). Was it from Testino (it looks like him)?

Back to harry: there a article in the BRF news tread about a life portrait of the Royals (Will and harry included). The artist says about Harry:

I agree about the portrait of Harry in uniform, but it's kind of a de rigueur portrait.

Harry delighted at missing Latin. Inconceivable. :)

Personally, I'm impressed he took Latin! Didn't know that.

Last edited:
I think Will is fluent in latin..isn't he? or is it french..I just confussed myself! With latin he could know all of the scientific names of animals and things! Charles would love that, he seems like the type of person who loves knowledge.

I don't really like the picture with Harry in his uniform. It seems very boring and amature like. It doesn't look professional to me. I could have taken a better photo of him in his uniform (not to sound dirty!)

iowabelle said:
Harry delighted at missing Latin. Inconceivable. :)

Personally, I'm impressed he took Latin! Didn't know that.

Both Princes took Latin and I believe that they both got Latin awards at GCSEs.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
I think Wills knows Spanish.

I don't think he knows it fluently ..I think he only knows the basics he learned in his studies in Etons...

Well, he did go to Chile and I heard him (on TV, I wasn't there!) speaking Spanish to the children. He also made a lame attempt to explain that his name was Guillermo or William and that he was a wombat (do the Spanish even have a word for wombat??).

The wombat thing, I think he was telling the kids to think of what animal they would be, and he told them he was a wombat. Everyone thought it was cute that he brought up the wombat thing from his childhood. Remember they called him Wombat.

Prince Harry plans to be frontline soldier

Britain's Prince Harry is planning to be a frontline soldier in the notoriously tough Welsh Guards....The prince will formally make a decision in January next year. Military seniors will then interview him before making a decision. However, Ministry of Defence chiefs will reportedly discuss whether it is sensible to have the prince in such a high risk position.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/entertainment/96792004.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom