Prince Harry Current Events 8: September-November 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
runaway princess said:
I don't think he knows it fluently ..I think he only knows the basics he learned in his studies in Etons...

Does Harry speak any languages?:rolleyes:

Are you sure it was English he spoke? I heard so many complaints about his accent that I'm not sure...

I think it was Swaheli (spelling ??)

Harry's Sandhurst nickname (?)

iowabelle said:
Are you sure it was English he spoke? I heard so many complaints about his accent that I'm not sure...
:D :D Well I am a French living in Manchester, so I think I'm pretty used to awful accents (even by English standards). And I would certainly qualify Harry's as difficult. Clear as pure water to my ears...:D

From the Sunday Mirror

HARRY IS THE 'RED BARON'

PRINCE Harry has been dubbed the "Red Baron" by cadets at Sandhurst in a dig at his German roots, ginger hair - and Nazi fancy dress oufit.​

And the prince's pals at the world-famous military academy have circulated on email a computer-generated image of Harry as the wartime dogfighter.​

The picture shows the prince appearing to fly Baron Manfred von Richthofen's famous World War One triplane - covered with swastikas (though the Nazi symbol wasn't in use in the 1914-18 conflict). A Sandhurst source said: "Everyone's having a good laugh at him.​

"A lot of people call him the German - people's heritage is important at a place like this - and the Red Baron tag has stuck because it suits him.​

"Harry is a good lad and takes it in his stride when people wind him up."​

Harry, who sparked outrage in January by wearing a Nazi uniform with a swastika armband to a fancy dress party.​

Last edited:
Harry's polo shirt said:
The wombat thing, I think he was telling the kids to think of what animal they would be, and he told them he was a wombat. Everyone thought it was cute that he brought up the wombat thing from his childhood. Remember they called him Wombat.

He was trying to get them to find an animal whose name began with the same letter as their own name. W for William and wombat (his childhood nickname).

Idriel said:
HARRY IS THE 'RED BARON'

"A lot of people call him the German - people's heritage is important at a place like this - and the Red Baron tag has stuck because it suits him.​

"Harry is a good lad and takes it in his stride when people wind him up."​

Harry, who sparked outrage in January by wearing a Nazi uniform with a swastika armband to a fancy dress party.​
That is very a mean thing to do.:(

There will be a documentry about Prince Harry tommorow in Canada called "Harry: Mysterious Prince"...I'm just wondering if it's any good?..and if I should bother watching it?...:eek:

runaway princess said:
There will be a documentry about Prince Harry tommorow in Canada called "Harry: Mysterious Prince"...I'm just wondering if it's any good?..and if I should bother watching it?...:eek:

Do you know what network(A&E, CBC?) or what time?

Samm said:
Do you know what network(A&E, CBC?) or what time?

It's on CBC on 8 o'clock...and then next Tuesday Will's documentary will appear...

I was looking through an old Good Housekeeping magazine (1988) and Harry was described as the placid son. That doesn't fit in with his image as the Action Prince or the Red Baron.

in relation to Harry's nickname as the "Red Baron" being mean I 99% certain that it wasn't meant to be taken as a mean or degrading remark simply a term of endearment, we should all be happy for Harry it sounds like he has been accepted by his peers. Although there is that other 1%, it all depends on the context in which is was and used but I’m sure it wasn’t meant to be mean. When I read it I though it was extremely amusing, I think it’s just that Americans (Harry’s Polo shirt, your location says United States) have a very different sense of humor to a lot of other countries, England included.

Placid son? Maybe that is the type of person he is around his family. Or maybe that’s how he was in 1988. (or was that a typo?)

Perhaps they just meant that he was the happy-go-lucky one while William was more sensitive.

justi said:
Placid son? Maybe that is the type of person he is around his family. Or maybe that’s how he was in 1988. (or was that a typo?)

Yes, 1988. Like I said, my magazine pile is aged!

iowabelle said:
Yes, 1988. Like I said, my magazine pile is aged!
Does your home double as a doctor's waiting room?

Warren, when the archaeologists find my midden, they will find some real treasures!

I think that military colleges pride themselves on ritual abuse of the recruits. My cousin went to the Citadel in the U.S. and some of the stories he told I found horrible but he laughed them off. He said you weren't really considered one of the boys unless you could take it. I still think its horrible but I'd say Harry must be fitting in quite well.

I think Harry has a resilient personality and he can roll with the punches. It's one of the reasons I like him.

Re:

Pardon? What's that from...?

I shudder to think.

Billy the Basher was a childhood nickname, back when he was a wild little boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom