Prince Harry Current Events 6: May-August 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think of Harry's past and present girlfriends?

I like Chelsy. She's OK to me (apart for her clothes, she may cover up a bit:eek: ). Harry's obviously happy with her, she seems nice, genuine, she's gorgerous and does something with her life (she's a student while she could easily spend her days in shops spending daddy's money). Well, hope she comes to the U.K., with the sub-zero temperatures over there she'll HAVE to cover up:D . And that will be just fine.

I've never heard about any other gf.

Attachments

• chelsy_davy.jpg
    chelsy_davy.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 406
  • phpfuDrH3.jpg
    phpfuDrH3.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 506
Idriel said:
I like Chelsy. She's OK to me (apart for her clothes, she may cover up a bit:eek: ). Harry's obviously happy with her, she seems nice, genuine, she's gorgerous and does something with her life (she's a student while she could easily spend her days in shops spending daddy's money). Well, hope she comes to the U.K., with the sub-zero temperatures over there she'll HAVE to cover up:D . And that will be just fine.

I agree, Chelsey seems okay. I guess we don't know much about her at the moment though.

I've never heard of any other girlfriend either, at least not one who has been confirmed. I remember William commenting recently that Harry was in love, so this relationship is the only one that has been confirmed.

from hellomagazine.com

A Sandhurst Scolding for Prince Harry

Prince Harry has been given a right royal tongue-lashing, his first since starting training at Sandhurst military academy.

The young Prince was on the receiving end of a loud reprimand after he made the mistake of leaning against a wall while waiting for a haircut, reports The Sun.

According to the newspaper, the soldier ordered Prince Charles' younger son to remove his hands from his pockets, barking: "You're in the Army now. The Queen does not pay your wage for you to hang around on street corners with your hands in your pockets."

While the dressing-down may have differed from the royal treatment to which Prince Harry has been accustomed, an Army source explained it's all part of being a Sandhurst recruit.

"Sandhurst is about breaking you down, then building you up again to the highest standards," said the insider. "Harry will have to get used to being shouted at."

I wonder who's leaking stories to the Sun from Sandhurst.

Elspeth said:
I wonder who's leaking stories to the Sun from Sandhurst.
It coulde be anybody but my guess would be a fellow trainee of Harry's.

Idriel said:

Given the connections her father keeps (Mogabi etc) Chelsy is not likely to be welcomed as a long term part of Harry's life. No PM would advise the Queen to approve a marriage between Harry & Chelsey. If he really feels she is "The One" then he may have to give up a lot more than he bargains for!

Well, I'm not so sure. Look at the Netherlands. Maxima's dad was a minister for a dictator who was as bad if not worse than Mugabe, and the Hayes host the European court of Justice. You would assume that a wedding between Max and Will might have been impossible...The case was even more complicated than Chelsy's case because Davy's connection to Mugabe is not formally proved (even through it is very likely)
And for Chelsy (just as Max), she's clean.

well, i don't want to be judgemental, but Chelsa does not look like 19 to me. if Harry likes her, so be it....

florawindsor said:
well, i don't want to be judgemental, but Chelsa does not look like 19 to me. if Harry likes her, so be it....

Chelsa, Chelsey, Kelsey... I read every version of this poor girl's name!:D :D
Is that soo difficult to write Chelsy?:D

Anyway, what do you mean Flora?

She's far from pretty. She has a nose like a pig's snout.

james said:
She's far from pretty. She has a nose like a pig's snout.

:D I'm a member of another forum centred on British royalty and there has been a long debate about Chelsy's look. James you're certainly not the only one to think she looks like a pig, I can tell.
For me, she's beautiful. But as they say: "beauty is in the eye of the beer holder"...

hi, Idriel
sorry about the wrong spelling. my english is bad
i mean that Chelsy looks older than her actual age. but if Harry likes her, it does not matter what we people think about her looks.

i got news from Mirror articles check it out!

1 June 2005
ROYAL PHEWSILIER
Cadet Harry's 10-mile march in sun leaves him gasping
By Nathan Yates
Pictures: HARRY PAGEPRINCE Harry feels the heat in full combat kit on his first field exercise as a Sandhurst officer cadet.

The 20-year-old royal, carrying an SA80 assault rifle and 25 kilo pack, joined fellow recruits for an eight-hour yomp across heathland yesterday.

Its fierce pace on a warm day left him open-mouthed, red-faced and sweating. Gasping for breath, he told the Daily Mirror: "This is no joke"

The four-day expedition, which began on Monday, was Harry's introduction to soldiering outside the military academy classroom.

It began at 5am - after a night in a a tent - and covered 10 miles, with only two stops, across Ashdown Forest, East Sussex.

Harry, with a Bergen rucksack, webbing belt and helmet bearing the name Wales, used one rest for a 10-minute slump against a tree.

His rifle carried a yellow marking to indicate it only fired blanks. And his trigger finger was wrapped in plaster after sessions on the practice range last week.

Harry's platoon was among 250 cadets on the 1,000 acres of MoD exercise territory A Sandhurst source said: "This is a crucial part of training. The bad news is that it only gets tougher."

For the prince, who was sunning himself in Botswana last month with 19-year-old girlfriend Chelsy Davy, it will be a long, hot summer.

New pics of Harry from the Sun:
0,,2005250378,00.jpg
0,,2005250379,00.jpg

PUFFED-OUT Prince Harry pants his way round his first gruelling Army exercise yesterday — and admits: “This is no joke.”

Harry, 20, dripped with sweat as he joined fellow officer cadets on the ten-mile trek — carrying a 25kg backpack and SA80 assault rifle.

check it out on mirror articles!

1 June 2005
ROYAL PHEWSILIER
Cadet Harry's 10-mile march in sun leaves him gasping
By Nathan Yates
PRINCE Harry feels the heat in full combat kit on his first field exercise as a Sandhurst officer cadet.

000001E4-69DB-129D-93AF80C328EC0000.jpg

The 20-year-old royal, carrying an SA80 assault rifle and 25 kilo pack, joined fellow recruits for an eight-hour yomp across heathland yesterday.

Its fierce pace on a warm day left him open-mouthed, red-faced and sweating. Gasping for breath, he told the Daily Mirror: "This is no joke"

The four-day expedition, which began on Monday, was Harry's introduction to soldiering outside the military academy classroom.

It began at 5am - after a night in a a tent - and covered 10 miles, with only two stops, across Ashdown Forest, East Sussex.

Harry, with a Bergen rucksack, webbing belt and helmet bearing the name Wales, used one rest for a 10-minute slump against a tree.

His rifle carried a yellow marking to indicate it only fired blanks. And his trigger finger was wrapped in plaster after sessions on the practice range last week.

000C5289-6A19-129D-93AF80C328EC0000.jpg

Harry's platoon was among 250 cadets on the 1,000 acres of MoD exercise territory A Sandhurst source said: "This is a crucial part of training. The bad news is that it only gets tougher."

For the prince, who was sunning himself in Botswana last month with 19-year-old girlfriend Chelsy Davy, it will be a long, hot summer.

Who would have guesses that something like that would leave a smoker gasping for breath? They should really make him quit the habit.

i got news from telegraph check it out!

Fears for Harry as MoD refuses security update
By Sean Rayment, Defence Correspondent
(Filed: 05/06/2005)

Moves by senior officers to improve security at the Sandhurst Royal Military Academy, where Prince Harry is an officer cadet, have been rejected by the Ministry of Defence.

Officers at the academy made a request this year to the Army Training and Recruiting Agency - the organisation responsible for Army training - for a £1.5 million budget increase to improve security for "VIP cadets".

nharry05.jpg
Prince Harry was brought to Sandhurst by his father in May
The Sunday Telegraph has learnt, however, that the request was refused after civil servants at the MoD ruled that the Army's £600 million training budget was exhausted.

The ruling has astonished officers because of the heightened security threat against military and official government buildings from al-Qaeda-linked organisations, which has been in place for more than a year.

It is understood that senior officers wanted to improve fencing in parts of the academy and to replace many of the older closed-circuit television cameras with more effective devices that can operate 24-hours a day in all-weather conditions.

There were also plans to put cameras on masts which could cover areas of the academy's perimeter that might potentially be breached from outside.

It is understood that the security review took place earlier this year when Prince Harry's impending arrival at the academy helped "to focus the minds" of those officers responsible for security of "VIP cadets", usually from foreign royal families.

This newspaper has learnt that the academy is regarded as "a nightmare to secure" because it is home to hundreds of servicemen and women and their families and borders a military training area covering several hundred acres of wood and scrubland.

Although the academy is surrounded by razor wire-topped fencing, hundreds of civilians enter its grounds each week on guided tours, to visit the museum or attend private functions in the chapel.

Details of the ruling come in the same week that Prince Harry, 20, was photographed taking part in exercise Self Reliance, one of the first exercises that cadets undertake. The pictures, which were taken secretly, have infuriated defence chiefs, who have issued a plea to newspaper editors to desist from taking photographs of the Prince training at Sandhurst.

Patrick Mercer, the Conservative spokesman for homeland security, said: "The decision not to improve security does not make sense. This is another example of how the Government has allowed the Army budget to be cut and cut. What seems like an enormous sum would actually be small beer compared to the repercussions if anything happened to the royal prince on MoD property. The Government has got to face up to its responsibilities."

A senior Army officer, said: "Sandhurst is more of a terrorist target now than it was prior to the Prince's arrival. It will also be a target for unscrupulous photographers hoping to make a fortune selling pictures of Prince Harry to the tabloids. The aim of improving security was to protect the VIPs from all threats."

A spokesman for the MoD said: "There was a review of security. No request to enhance security has been rejected for budgetary reasons. A proposal to increase the military provost guard service was turned down. For operational reasons we are not prepared to go into the extent of the security review at Sandhurst."

Publishers wishing to reproduce photographs on this page should phone 44 (0) 207 538 7505 or e-mail syndication@telegraph.co.uk

That is really dumb of them. When royals go places, security is usually tightened alot so that nothing bad will happen. And nothing bad ever does happen.

check it out on Sky news

1242846.jpg
x.gif
x.gif
Harry: Army exercises
x.gif
x.gif

<A class=LargeBody>HARRY EXCUSED BOOTS
x.gif
Prince Harry has been allowed to wear trainers instead of army boots at Sandhurst, after he developed painful blisters on his feet.

The 20-year-old Prince, who is undergoing basic training at the Royal Military Academy in Surrey, developed weals on his feet after a tough five-day excursion last week.

As part of the exercise, known as Operation Self-Reliance, Harry reportedly endured 10-mile yomps through Ashdown Forest in East Sussex carrying a heavy back pack and rifle.

Normally, new cadets are barred from wearing any footwear except for the heavy black lace-up boots, which are provided several months in advance so they can break them in.

However, the Prince was apparently granted special dispensation to wear trainers after he asked medical staff to dress his wounds and they saw how bad the blisters were.

A royal source confirmed that the Prince had visited the infirmary after developing blisters, but said it had been a "minor thing".

"He's not the only one," the source added.

check it out on BBC News

Harry excused boots for blisters

_41120819_harry_armypa203.jpg
Royal sources say Harry is not the only cadet to have had treatment

Prince Harry has been excused from wearing his heavy boots at Sandhurst after suffering agonising blisters.

The 20-year-old, undergoing basic training at the Surrey Royal Military Academy, developed weals on his feet during a gruelling five-day exercise.

Operation Self-Reliance reportedly required him to endure 10-mile yomps through Ashdown Forest in East Sussex carrying a heavy back pack and rifle.

Royal sources say Harry is not the only cadet to have visited the infirmary.

He was apparently granted special dispensation to wear trainers after he asked medical staff to dress his wounds and they saw how bad the blisters were.

Cadets are normally barred from wearing any footwear except for their boots, which are provided several months in advance so they can break them in.

Knee injury

The prince's entry into Sandhurst was delayed from earlier in the year to allow a knee injury to recover.

He had been due to enrol at the college in January but injured his knee while training with the Army ahead of his test during the summer. He aggravated the injury in October while coaching children for the Rugby Football Union. Other famous figures who attended Sandhurst include the Sultan of Brunei, Prince Michael of Kent and Sir Winston Churchill.

I don't know what a weal is but a blister is a little lump of water you have under your skin after walking all day long in stilettos for example. Hope that's help.

Blisters are little pools of fluid under the top layers of the skin, usually caused by friction. Weals are raised marks on the skin which are usually red and inflamed; they're caused by injury or allergy. They aren't quite the same thing as blisters.

YAHOO NEWS

Father of Prince Harry's girlfriend defends Zimbabwe regime links

Fri Jun 10, 8:43 PM ET

LONDON (AFP) - The father of Chelsy Davy, the girlfriend of Britain's Prince Harry, rejected allegations he is helping to sustain President Robert Mugabe's government in Zimbabwe.

[size=-2]ADVERTISEMENT[/size]
if (window.yzq_a == null) document.write("");if (window.yzq_a){yzq_a('p', 'P=FF76rM6.I3oQBM8QQqpT7BOrRDMSqUKqbjgACoE0&T=15s3rha35%2fX%3d1118465592%2fE%3d95959779%2fR%3dnews%2fK%3d5%2fV%3d1.1%2fW%3d8%2fY%3dYAHOO%2fF%3d3304968604%2fH%3dY2FjaGVoaW50PSJuZXdzIiBjb250ZW50PSJidXNpbmVzcztEZW1vY3JhdGljIg--%2fS%3d1%2fJ%3d5023BECE');yzq_a('a', '&U=139odthub%2fN%3d42F3KM6.Ir0-%2fC%3d351857.6606438.7587585.1442997%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d2787354');}
b

Charles Davy, a safari operator in Zimbabwe, gave a rare interview to The Daily Telegraph to defend his business ties with Webster Shamu, a lawmaker from Mugabe's ruling ZANU-PF party.

Davy's blonde 19-year-old daughter Chelsy, a university student in South Africa, is going out with Harry, 20, third in line to the British throne, who is currently undergoing British army officer training.

Shamu, a minister in Mugabe's office charged with policy implementation, is on a list of 95 Zimbabweans barred from entering the European Union. He also runs Famba Safari Company, in which Davy, along with another partner, holds a 50 percent stake.

"I am in business with Mr Shamu and have been for five years," said Davy, whose safari ranch in Zimbabwe covers 3,367 square kilometres (1,300 square miles).

"We have an excellent and honest business partnership. Why should this change? I am in business, not politics."

"I am in partnership with a person who I personally like and get along with," Davy added.

"I am not involved in politics in any way, but I reserve my right of association, as any person should, and I really do not see that the leaders of any political party have the right to choose my friends or business associates."

The main opposition Movement for Democratic Change (MDC) told the Daily Telegraph that Davy's links with Shamu meant he was sustaining Mugabe's government and that he should therefore be added to the EU's blacklist.

"If people like Charles Davy are indirectly involved in businesses with the regime, they... should be included on the list," MDC secretary general Welshman Ncube said.

TELEGRAPH NEWS

t.gif
Chelsy's dad speaks out
By David Blair, Africa Correspondent
(Filed: 11/06/2005)

Charles Davy, the father of Prince Harry's girlfriend, Chelsy, defended himself in public for the first time yesterday against allegations that his business partnership with one of President Robert Mugabe's ministers helps sustain the Zimbabwean regime.

Mr Davy, a wealthy safari operator in Zimbabwe, owns a stake in one of Africa's largest private game reserves.

wdad11.jpg
Harry's relationship has led to 'press rubbish'His business links with a minister have aroused suspicion in Zimbabwe, where all but a handful of white landowners have been dispossessed, and prompted calls for him to be punished with sanctions.

Mr Davy, 53, broke his silence to respond to questions from The Daily Telegraph about his business relationship with Webster Shamu, the minister in the president's office responsible for policy implementation.

Mr Shamu, an MP from the ruling Zanu-PF party, features on a list of 95 prominent Zimbabweans banned from entering the European Union.

"I am in business with Mr Shamu and have been for five years," said Mr Davy. "We have an excellent and honest business partnership. Why should this change? I am in business not politics."

He claimed that he was not spared the Mugabe campaign of dispossessing white farmers, saying that he gave up 140,000 acres to the government.

Following Mr Mugabe's campaign of bulldozing townships across the country, which has left 200,000 people homeless and caused at least two deaths, the opposition Movement for Democratic Change said yesterday that Mr Davy's links with the Zanu-PF politician meant he was "sustaining" the regime and would justify his inclusion on the EU's list.

"The MDC has called for all people directly or indirectly involved in repression to be placed on the targeted sanctions list," said Welshman Ncube, the MDC's secretary-general.

"People who sustain the regime directly or indirectly through their businesses should also be included.

"If people like Charles Davy are indirectly involved in businesses with the regime they fall under the second category and should be included on the list."

The EU's list is reviewed every 12 months and comes up for debate next February.

Mr Mugabe's bulldozers will help ensure the renewal of the EU's "targeted sanctions" for another year.

The measures include a freeze on any assets that listed individuals hold in European banks. Mr Davy rejected the MDC's criticism, saying: "I am in partnership with a person who I personally like and get along with.

"I am not involved in politics in any way but I reserve my right of association, as any person should, and I really do not see that the leaders of any political party have the right to choose my friends or my business associates."

Mr Shamu, a former editor of The People's Voice, Zanu-PF's propaganda newsletter, combines his government post with running Famba Safari Company.

Together with another partner, Mr Davy said that he owned 50 per cent of Famba. His own company provides marketing services for Famba and his brother, Vincent, works with Mr Shamu as a director of Famba.

Mr Davy's relationship with a Zimbabwean minister has aroused suspicions that it is only because of links to Mr Shamu that he has managed to stay in business while white commercial farmers have been dispossessed.

But he said: "I have never received and do not receive any benefits outside my business relationship with Mr Shamu."

Mr Davy's children, Sean, 21, and Chelsy, 19, are students at Cape Town University.

His daughter's relationship with Prince Harry had caused a "spate of rubbish" to appear about him in the press, he said.

"I have decided to put the facts on the table in the hope that you will either leave me alone or at least write the truth and limit the adverse impact of all these untruths on my children."

Mr Davy owns a five per cent stake in Lemco Safari Area, a private game reserve covering 1,300 square miles in southern Zimbabwe.

He runs hunting safaris for clients who typically pay £660 a day to shoot big game, including lion, elephant, leopard and buffalo.

He divides his time between homes in the Burnside suburb of Bulawayo, the Chisipite area of Harare and a spacious homestead in the rugged bush of Lemco Safari Area.

When Mr Mugabe began seizing white-owned land five years ago, Mr Davy made a "strategic decision" to sacrifice four other farms, covering 140,000 acres, to the government for resettlement.

"I have given up a rather large part of my life to end up with the bit I have left," he said. "A lot of farmers in Zimbabwe have lost their farms and I am no different."

Mr Davy's hunting business provides homes and livelihoods for 600 black families.

He called on the MDC to "concentrate on repairing the situation here in Zimbabwe rather than trying to disrupt" his work.

Publishers wishing to reproduce photographs on this page should phone 44 (0) 207 538 7505 or e-mail syndication@telegraph.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom