Prince Harry Current Events 4: October 2004-January 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Polfoto 12-11-2004 Britain's Prince Harry practices polo at A farm in Lobos, same 150 kilometers (90 miles) southwest of Buenos Aires, Friday, Nov. 12, 2004. Prince Harry arrived in Argentina for a stay of several weeks to work on a polo horse farm before he is scheduled to join the British army next year. The visit by Harry, son of Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana, comes less than a month after he scuffled with a photographer outside a London nightclub.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 279
November 12, 2004: Britain's Prince Harry arrived in Buenos Aires for some rest and relaxation. Harry, 20, the younger son of Prince Charles, is here on a private visit and will work on a polo pony farm in the Argentine countryside, though he is under doctor's orders not to ride as a result of a knee injury. Photos by Piko-Press/ABACA.

Attachments

• 283377.jpeg
    283377.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 394
  • 283379.jpeg
    283379.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 284
  • 283382.jpeg
    283382.jpeg
    199.9 KB · Views: 324
  • 283383.jpeg
    283383.jpeg
    174.9 KB · Views: 330
  • 283385.jpeg
    283385.jpeg
    198.7 KB · Views: 311
  • 283387.jpeg
    283387.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 388
Heads Up!

Hey guys, for all of those with access to the program, Prince Harry is going to be giving an interview on ABC's PrimeTime Live. The interview will air on Thursday night, at 10pm EST.

Gabriella said:
Hey guys, for all of those with access to the program, Prince Harry is going to be giving an interview on ABC's PrimeTime Live. The interview will air on Thursday night, at 10pm EST.
Thanks for the heads up Gabriella! You know where I'll be at 10 p.m. Thursday night!

Here is the link for PrimeTime Live: http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/. So far nothing on the interview with Harry, but I'm sure by Wednesday there should be some information.

I wonder if it was originally from an interview in Britain that PrimeTime has now bought the rights for and is carrying now? And I wonder if it is a current enough interview that Harry might address his recent run in with the press?

I don't know too much about the interview. I saw a commercial for Primetime this afternoon while I was watching tv. I looked on the website and didn't see anything either.

Update on the interview!

This morning while getting dressed, I was watching Good Morning America. It showed a part of the clip on Harry. It is about his trip in Africa, but someone (don't know who) did interview him. He answered questions about his mother, brother, the royal family, etc. From the small part that was showed this morning, he really comes across as a sweet, loving guy. There was a a little boy that follows him around everywhere! He had a little shadow. It's adorable!

ABC's Primetime Live finally has a link up regarding the program if anyone wants to take a look. http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=260578
Don't forget about our chat tomorrow night! It'll be great way to discuss the program and for those who don't have access to get all of the great details! :D

did anybody get to watch the primetime live special? it was so good!! it's a really great thing what harry's trying to do.

Yes, I also watched it. I thought it had some very powerful and moving moments. He has moved out of Clarence House and also chose to go back to Lesotho for a second visit. He is making his own way in spite of the obstacles he knows his mother faced and which he may face as well. The good work goes on.

I watched it, and thanks to it I now love Harry ten times more than I did before.
I hear Harry isn't happy in Argentina cause he can't ride and wants to go home.

Thank goodness he's motivated and strong enough to go on. If you look at other royals, it's like they don't even care to use their status to help others. Gaggle, are you serious that Harry dislikes Argentina?? How did you hear of this? I wonder why he isn't allowed to ride! Argentina is a beautiful country, though, he should go sight seeing, etc.

He had a knee injury a few years ago. He re-injured it running up a flight of stairs. Due to the fact that if he rides it might get worse, he has decided not to ride. Harry loves to play polo, and if he was able to play, he would be happy. It isn't that he doesn't like Argentina, its just that he is bored.

From The Times:

November 26, 2004

Harry ends his Argentine polo holiday after fear of kidnap plot
By Andrew Pierce

trans.gif
PRINCE HARRY was flying back to Britain from Argentina last night after he was at the centre of a kidnap scare in which gun shots were fired.

Security had been increased at the polo ranch in Lobos, 60 miles from Buenos Aires, where he was staying as part of his gap year after local police were alerted to kidnap threats from the local underworld.

NI_MPU('middle');Prince Harry, 20, was moved to the British Embassy in Buenos Aires on Wednesday night for his safekeeping before flying back to Britain yesterday.

The Prince of Wales is demanding a full report from the embassy in Argentina and from Harry’s squad of royal protection officers. He was kept informed by telephone throughout.

The Argentine Government was alerted of the kidnap threat by a murder suspect in the local underworld. The Security Ministry responded by sending a squad of 15 armed police officers to patrol the perimeter of the El Remanso ranch, which is set in 17 hectares of land, in addition to the royal protection officers who flew out with the Prince.

Three nights ago Argentine police fired shots into the air after two shots were heard being fired in the area. It is thought that Prince Harry was at the ranch at the time.

The Argentine newspaper Pàgina 12 reported yesterday that the local judiciary was told that a plot had been hatched against the Prince, a well-known figure in the area since his arrival two weeks ago.

The newspaper wrote: “(They) said that underworld figures were planning a kidnap or armed attack against Harry, with the aim of sparking an enormous national and international drama and provoking the resignation of the Minister of Security for Buenos Aires, León Arslanián.”

The man who raised the alarm said that Prince Harry regularly gave his British royal protection officers the slip and went to a bar in Salvador Mariá, a village three kilometres from the ranch.

The newspaper added: “That is where they were going to kidnap him. In any case, the report in itself sparked worry, security around the Prince was reinforced and the Argentine Government was informed. For the Argentine police, Harry became a real headache.”

The newspaper alleged that Buenos Aires civil servants telephoned the British Embassy on Tuesday to ask diplomats to try to “contain” and “control” Harry after several alleged drunken escapades during his stay.

The embassy last night denied that they had received complaints about the conduct of the third in line to the Throne. A spokesman said: “This embassy has received no communication from the Argentine Government. We are not aware of any problems that Prince Harry has caused.”

Last night Clarence House also denied that Harry had been living it up in bars. “That is absolutely not true. Nor was Harry out of control of his protection officers. We emphatically deny that,” a spokesman said.

“Harry was not living it up. He went to a local bar a few times. He was never out of the control of his protection officers. He did not give them the slip. There are some lurid allegations flying around here which should be treated with the utmost caution.”

Clarence House did not deny that the local police had taken seriously the kidnap threat and the prospect of an armed attack. “There was a threat to Harry. The local police chief went on the television to say that the shots were fired into the air, as a routine precaution. The men on the perimeter, who triggered the alarm, were illegal hunters.”

Clarence House also denied that Prince Harry’s trip had been cut short because of security. “Initially Harry was due to stay until close to Christmas but we announced before he left for Argentina that the trip had been cut short because he had injured his knee and would not be able to ride.” The security drama and the heavily denied allegations of wild nights are the latest in a series of colourful incidents that have dogged the younger son of the Prince of Wales. Harry was taken to a rehabilitation clinic by his father after admitting that he had smoked cannabis and been involved in under-age drinking. He has regularly been photographed in nightclubs with Page 3 Girls and models. Last month he was involved in an altercation with photographers as he was leaving a nightclub at 3am.

Harry back in UK amid security risk rumours
Hellomagazine.com

26 NOVEMBER 2004

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2004/11/26/princeharry/#enviarThe third in line to the throne is back in the headlines, returning to the UK amid rumours that he was brought home early from a trip to Argentina because of a kidnap scare.

Reports in the Buenos Aires daily press suggest that Prince Harry had become a security risk to local police authorities because of his habit of slipping his leash in order to enjoy evenings out on his own, and had therefore been flown home early.

There was also talk of a kidnap plot, though this has been largely discredited as a story invented by a prisoner hoping to negotiate improved conditions for himself. Shots heard at the polo ranch where Harry was staying have been attributed to local hunters.

As 20-year-old Harry arrived back at Heathrow, Buckingham Palace said a knee injury had prevented him from playing polo, while Prince Charles' household, Clarence House, merely said that there had been no change in the young prince's travel plans.

Polo-mad Prince Harry, due to start his military training at Sandhurst in January, had flown over to stay with friends at a ranch near Buenos Aires earlier this month in order to learn more about the breeding of polo ponies. He had been in the news just prior to the trip because of a scuffle with a photographer in London.

1. Prince Harry arriving back at Heathrow. Clarence House said there had been no change in his plans to return from his Argentinian trip around this time

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 201
Prince Harry at Heathrow airport in London.

Nov. 26th, 2004
ABACA Press

Attachments

• 0001.jpg
    0001.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 437
  • 0002.jpg
    0002.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 305
  • 0003.jpg
    0003.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 403
  • 0004.jpg
    0004.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 337
  • 0005.jpg
    0005.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 330
I saw the last 15 mins. of the special. He was so cute with the little girl and I hope he keeps his promise to her and stay part of her life. Also, I've just discovered how cute ow Harry's nose is.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/World/Harrys-first-love/2004/11/28/1101577339145.html#

Harry's first love

November 28, 2004 - 1:31PM

Prince Harry is besotted with a blonde 19-year-old student in South Africa whose father runs a Zimbabwe game farm, it was reported today.

Chelsy Davy accompanied Harry, 20, the younger son of Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana, during his two-week trip to a polo ranch in Argentina, even staying in the same guest house, the Mail on Sunday newspaper said.

The prince, who starts army officer training at Sandhurst military college in the new year, returned to Britain on Friday as officials poured cold water on reports that he had been the target of an attempted kidnapping.

"Harry spent almost the entire trip at the side of South African student Chelsy, regarded by insiders as his 'first true love'," the Mail on Sunday said.

Confronted by the paper's reporter in Cape Town, Davy - a former pupil at an elite girls' school not far from Charles's country estate Highgrove in the west of England - said: "I have known Harry since I was at school."

When asked about a romance, she replied: "I have heard people linking us together."

Then she ran back into her house when shown a snapshot of her getting off a plane during an outing with the prince to shoot pigeons.

The Mail on Sunday said the pair have been an item for eight months, with Harry making discreet weekend visits to South Africa to see her when he was in Lesotho earlier this year to work with AIDS sufferers.

It said Davy's father runs a game farm in Zimbabwe.

With his older brother Prince William still in university, media attention has been focused on Harry, who is third in line to succeed Queen Elizabeth II after his father and brother.

Last month Harry made headlines when he scuffled with a photographer outside an exclusive London nightclub.

- AFP

I hope that Sandhurst will straighten him out and keep him out of the press. It's scary that he will one day lead soldiers and yet he behaves so irresponsibly. If he mucks up his tenure at Sandhurst, he might as well devote the rest of his life to partying, clubbing, lazing around, girl-chasing and getting drunk. His life may be a short one of he doesn't change his ways - there's only so much alcohol one's liver can take.

Why couldn't Clarence House arranged to keep Harry busier so that he would not have the time to disgrace himself? Couldn't they have arranged for him to do more; or intern at a reputable firm instead of doing just manual labor? After a world-class education at Eton, is shearing sheep, playing rugby and riding polo ponies all this boy is good for? Sandhurst is no cake-walk; he will have significant academic hurdles there as well.

I wonder if he ever considers that his binge drinking could result in someone else being hurt or killed. Of course, if that were to ever happen, Clarence House would find some way to make sure he would never face the consequences of such action. They treat him as if they are in denial of his problem; and blame the media instead. Harry is a drunkard; it's time to enroll in some form of alcohol addiction therapy and stop denying he has a problem.

Last edited:
bluetortuga said:
I hope that Sandhurst will straighten him out and keep him out of the press. It's scary that he will one day lead soldiers and yet he behaves so irresponsibly. If he mucks up his tenure at Sandhurst, he might as well devote the rest of his life to partying, clubbing, lazing around, girl-chasing and getting drunk. His life may be a short one of he doesn't change his ways - there's only so much alcohol one's liver can take.

Why couldn't Clarence House arranged to keep Harry busier so that he would not have the time to disgrace himself? Couldn't they have arranged for him to do more; or intern at a reputable firm instead of doing just manual labor? After a world-class education at Eton, is shearing sheep, playing rugby and riding polo ponies all this boy is good for? Sandhurst is no cake-walk; he will have significant academic hurdles there as well.

I wonder if he ever considers that his binge drinking could result in someone else being hurt or killed. Of course, if that were to ever happen, Clarence House would find some way to make sure he would never face the consequences of such action. They treat him as if they are in denial of his problem; and blame the media instead. Harry is a drunkard; it's time to enroll in some form of alcohol addiction therapy and stop denying he has a problem.
You took the words out of my mouth bluetortuga.

PRINCE Harry has neither "disgraced" himself nor by any accounts been "binge-drinking". The exaggeration that his liver's suddenly in danger at 20 years old is really so laughable. How he spends his summer holidays is purely his affair since he's not in the position to underake public life yet. At least, his father won't allow him and his father is Clarence House, so if there's blame to be allotted over this tempest in a teapot then that's where it begins and ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom