Prince Harry Current Events 25: August 2010-December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking that Harry, as he ages, looks less like a Spencer and more like a Windsor. He does have the Spencer coloring, though.

I think its admireable Prince Harry's (and William's) dedication and respect for the military. It gives them that common, "I'm one of the boys" touch. bravo!

Oh most definitely he is getting better and better as he gets older and not only in looks. What is incredible to me is how sometimes he really looks like a Spencer and then a week later he's a Windsor dead ringer. :D

Reading this latest article really puts it into perspective for me how "on" Harry is about what he does. He instinctively knew that the focus of the awards were on the heroes and honestly admired and appreciated them as one of his "own" rather than from a royal perspective. I really do admire a man that totally can put his ego aside and be a part of something like that night was and so special to so very many very special people.

Well said! I remember really getting to see the 'real' Harry during a program that focused on his trip to Africa for his gap year. He worked with families and children that were living with HIV/AIDS, and took a special interest in a little girl who got infected in a very sick and twisted manner (to put it mildly). He even returned a year later to see how she was doing. I think that's when my respect for him doubled. Gone was the little boy that was walking behind his mother's coffin, and in his place was a young man with so much potential to do good. He wants to be seen for who he is as a person, and not what he is as a royal. He has accomplished that well, and just like his brother, is continuing to do his nation and family very, very proud.

Prince Harry leaving the Arts Club in Mayfair by the back door, London, December 22:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Same old, Same old indeed he's doing whatever almost every man his age does at the christmas period, party with their friends. Nothing wrong with it.

Not what I meant!

Same old, Same old indeed he's doing whatever almost every man his age does at the christmas period, party with their friends. Nothing wrong with it.

I meant that the DM couldn't resist adding a little Chelsy to their story. It juices up the story, and no one will waste his/her breath denying it. Win/win for the DM, whether there is truth in it or not!

;)My son is out partying with his friends pretty much nightly during this season.

I've seen several articles about Prince Harry leaving Chelsy's apartment at night. Apparently he's wearing the necklace, which was a gift by Chelsy, again as well. ;) There are also rumors that both will meet at Christmas. Not sure, but you never know with these two...

I had to laugh, when I read that Kate gave Harry a Grow-your-own-girlfriend kit for Christmas!

I didn't know things like that existed.

That's a really funny gag gift from Kate to Harry!

I had to laugh, when I read that Kate gave Harry a Grow-your-own-girlfriend kit for Christmas!

I didn't know things like that existed.

They exist, everything from grow your own best friend, to grow your own gay. It's funny if you have the right sense of humour :) Amazon sell them for around £4.

:previous: Oh...Harry...:sad: Before anyone accuses me of being a kill-joy, a snowball thrown from a height by a muscular young man can really sting on impact. Unless there were friends of his who were engaged in a snowball fight with Prince Harry, this is bad form. Prince Harry isn't 12 years old any more.

:previous: Oh...Harry...:sad: Before anyone accuses me of being a kill-joy, a snowball thrown from a height by a muscular young man can really sting on impact. Unless there were friends of his who were engaged in a snowball fight with Prince Harry, this is bad form. Prince Harry isn't 12 years old any more.

I have to agree. This was not a good decision on Harry's part. The impact of the snowball could have caused serious injury. There are other ways to have fun while throwing snow (preferably on the ground and at people who have consented to engage in the activity).

:previous: I'm (almost) speechless! Here they call it Nanny State but this is just plain miserable, mean spirited put downs. Believe me, had anyone been injured, or indeed had their dignity dented, I am sure complaints would have been made. Since there are no "Prince Harry Incites Riot on the Slopes of Klosters" headlines in the tabloids, I can only assume a few people got sploshed as they alway have and will continue to be so, in such places.

:previous: I hope that by "miserable, mean-spirited put-downs", you're referring to those who made the comments under the DM article. :whistling: I've been hit by unexpected snowballs, and it isn't at all pleasant. Trust me, I'm from The Great White North.;) From what I read, Harry wasn't throwing them to other young men from a snow-fort out in a winter field. He was throwing them at unsuspecting pedestrians passing under his balcony. What if he had accidentally hit an elderly person or someone with osteoporosis? Harry's a soldier and a prince.

The English have a bad reputation when abroad due to drunken behaviour etc and the dreadful way their football hooligans behave. Harry would make a good poster boy for that group of English people as he is a total yob.

Sorry for all the Harry lovers out there but he has never shown much common sense or intelligence. He simply hasn't grown up and obviously has never had anyone take him aside and tell him how to behave and then expect him to do so and hold him to those standards.

If someone had been injured would it have been just good fun then? What if it had been you? I know if it had been me there would have been a complaint lodged and I would have expected police action - it is simply assault - no other word for it.

:previous: I spent my childhood in Russia, and have experienced some pretty harsh winters, with lots of snow and opportunities to have snowball fights. I've been hit with snowballs, and yes, it's unpleasant, and even more so when you're not expecting it (I was running through the school yard and got hit by an snowball thrown by an older child, which ended up hitting me in the face). Also, as someone with a visual impairment, I can tell you that getting hit, pushed, shoved, whatever have you makes you just a bit disoriented. When you're hit with an object that you cannot see coming at you, it creates all sorts of issues. I'm sorry for coming off as harsh or mean-spirited, but I feel that a 27-year-old should know better.

I am dumb-founded. At his age? How low-brow. There is nothing funny about lobbing snowballs at that distance - especially if he 'packed' them to sustain the distance which would mean they were hard if not actual ice-balls. This is juvenile - and suddenly I am reminded of Fergie and Diana cutting up during a photo-op on the slopes of Klosters so may years ago. That was a moment all those years ago when 'watching' the BRF started becoming an embarrassment IMO.

We've had maturity in the BRF for the last 10 years or so - how tragic if this is a portent of the future with Harry. I'm not a Harry watcher - maybe this is a norm for him? If so, what a jerk he is - and at his age. This is a revelation to me - like it was watching Fergie and Diana. Might explain Chelsy bugging out on anything serious with him. He isn't ready - if he ever will be. Unbelievable.

Unfortunately, this kind of behavior makes 'good' tabloid fodder. I really, really hope 'we' (the public) don't have a re-play of Fergie's and Diana's antics of decades ago. Ridiculous and shaming behavior then - and is now. This is one 'tradition' from decades ago I hope I am not obliged to witness again.

Last edited:
Tyger said:
I am dumb-founded. At his age? How low-brow. There is nothing funny about lobbing snowballs at that distance - especially if he 'packed' them to sustain the distance which would mean they were hard if not actual ice-balls. This is juvenile - and suddenly I am reminded of Fergie and Diana cutting up during a photo-op on the slopes of Klosters so may years ago. That was a moment all those years ago when 'watching' the BRF started becoming an embarrassment IMO.

We've had maturity in the BRF for the last 10 years or so - how tragic if this is a portent of the future with Harry. I'm not a Harry watcher - maybe this is a norm for him. If so, what a jerk he is - and at his age. Might explain Chelsy bugging out on anything serious with him. He isn't ready - if he ever will be. Unbelievable.

Unfortunately, this kind of behavior makes 'good' tabloid fodder. I really, really hope 'we' (the public) don't have a re-play of Fergie's and Diana's antics of decades ago. Ridiculous and shaming behavior then - and is now. This is one 'tradition' from decades ago I hope I am not obliged to witness again.

How low-brow to bring Diana into it !!!

From what I read, Harry wasn't throwing them to other young men from a snow-fort out in a winter field. He was throwing them at unsuspecting pedestrians passing under his balcony. What if he had accidentally hit an elderly person or someone with osteoporosis? Harry's a soldier and a prince.
What if????? Come on, regardless of what we might think could, perhaps, maybe, if he was aiming at the old, the infirm, the housewife with kids, the small children, the passing Vicar taking food to the needy, any one of which could be knocked out for the count . . . .

The bottom line is, we don't know who he was aiming at and no "victims" have come forward and yet here we go again off on a tear about Harry not being 12 anymore, behaving in a dangerous manner likely to hurt innocent people, when in point of fact, we don't actually know anything but what was printed in a tabloid, namely that Harry was throwing snowballs.

Honestly! It's the negative, Evil Harry story that has "snowballed"!

Last edited:
How low-brow to bring Diana into it !!!

Not at all - it was at that moment - when I saw Fergie and Diana - in their late 20's no less - behaving badly, that I began to reconsider what I was really enamored with in that long ago time. The BRF has a history of having some bad apples who demean their family by their behaviors. It appears that we will have that to look forward to in this generation of British Royals - too sad. Up to this moment I had not been aware that Harry was a 'problem' - now I know. Charles and William have a lot on their shoulders as a result.

Not at all - it was at that moment - when I saw Fergie and Diana - in their late 20's no less - behaving badly, that I began to reconsider what I was really enamored with in that long ago time. The BRF has a history of having some bad apples who demean their family by their behaviors. It appears that we will have that to look forward to in this generation of British Royals - too sad. Up to this moment I had not been aware that Harry was a 'problem' - now I know. Charles and William have a lot on their shoulders as a result.
Oh good grief! Harry throws snowballs and now he is a"bad apple" who "demeans" his family and is now, by your reckoning, "a problem" to weigh on Prince Charles and Saint William? :lol:

Hey people, I know it's New Years Eve, but did you really all have to start "celebrating" quite this early? :ROFLMAO:

Tyger said:

It was a snowball !! You must have a perfect life and never put a foot wrong. Thank god for Harry I say.

Oh good grief! Harry throws snowballs and now he is a"bad apple" who "demeans" his family and is now, by your reckoning, "a problem" to weigh on Prince Charles and Saint William? :lol:

Hey people, I know it's New Years Eve, but did you really all have to start "celebrating" quite this early? :ROFLMAO:

Its not New Year's Eve where I am - not for another 24 hours, anyway. :cool:

BTW I hardly think of William as 'Saint'. He is a curious young man who has made some 'interesting' choices - it remains to be seen who exactly he is as a man.

The BRF has been an object of embarrassment in the world because of the conduct of some of their members over the years - that was my point. Another poster is quite right that it is a tabloid story and perhaps needs to be taken with a grain of salt - but the overt reality remains, that the behavior is juvenile - and the BRF has a problem with that kind of thing - historically.

Its the kind of thing that as an outsider observing it makes one wonder how long the monarchy will survive. This isn't about personal business - this is about conduct that crosses a line - and that you don't see it - well, you don't see it.

Happy New Year!

Last edited:
This is supposed to be a 27 year old person not a child. By the time I was 7 I knew not to throw a snowball at a person who wasn't playing with me and knew it was coming - for the simple reason that being hit by a snowball when not expecting it can hurt and even be dangerous. I know he doesn't have much of a brain but this is something he should have been taught before he started school not in his mid-20s but before he turned 10.

Anyone who hasn't learnt when it is appropriate to throw snow balls - and throwing them from a height isn't never appropriate simply shows lack of brains and common sense.

The man is a disgrace - always has been, always will be.

No doubt he will be trotted out to do some 'good' deed to offset this action but the number of these sorts of activities continues to mount up - Nazi costume, racist comments, drug taking. Every time he does something like this the RF cover up and have him trotted out to do some 'good' deed to get some good press.

No - he is simply a rich English yob - he is a good example of why English males are loathed in tourist areas of Europe - because they don't think anyone else has any rights except them.

It was a snowball !! You must have a perfect life and never put a foot wrong. Thank god for Harry I say.

Have you ever been hit with a snowball when not suspecting it by a fit young man from a height?

I would say not.

It could do a lot of damage - just imagine someone looked up as it was thrown - and is now minus their sight. Would it be just a harmless prank then?

Well if a royal can't even throw a snowball maybe it's time to get rid of the them and bring in a kind of robot that is perfect in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom