Prince Harry Current Events 25: August 2010-December 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not New Year's Eve where I am - not for another 24 hours, anyway. :cool:
OK, really, really early!! :D

The BRF has been an object of embarrassment in the world because of the conduct of some of their members over the years - that was my point. Another poster is quite right that it is a tabloid story and perhaps needs to be taken with a grain of salt - but the overt reality remains, that the behavior is juvenile - and the BRF has a problem with that kind of thing - historically.
If throwing snowballs is as "juvenile" as it gets, then pile up the ammunition, because everyone needs a little harmless fun in their life and if this is seen as a heinous crime then guess who has the problem? I'll give you a tiny hint . . . . it's not Harry! :D

Its the kind of thing that as an outsider observing it makes one wonder how long the monarchy will survive. This isn't about personal business - this is about conduct that crosses a line - and that you don't see it - well, you don't see it.
Throwing snowballs is sooooo bad that it endangers the monarchy and is conduct that crosses the line? Wow, I obviously have a snowball's show in hell of surviving in the places you guys live. No fun! Even worse, no joy! :sad:

Happy New Year!
Right back at you! :)

Iluvbertie said:
This is supposed to be a 27 year old person not a child. By the time I was 7 I knew not to throw a snowball at a person who wasn't playing with me and knew it was coming - for the simple reason that being hit by a snowball when not expecting it can hurt and even be dangerous. I know he doesn't have much of a brain but this is something he should have been taught before he started school not in his mid-20s but before he turned 10.

Anyone who hasn't learnt when it is appropriate to throw snow balls - and throwing them from a height isn't never appropriate simply shows lack of brains and common sense.

The man is a disgrace - always has been, always will be.

No doubt he will be trotted out to do some 'good' deed to offset this action but the number of these sorts of activities continues to mount up - Nazi costume, racist comments, drug taking. Every time he does something like this the RF cover up and have him trotted out to do some 'good' deed to get some good press.

No - he is simply a rich English yob - he is a good example of why English males are loathed in tourist areas of Europe - because they don't think anyone else has any rights except them.

I can't believe you are calling him a disgrace. Yet you approve of all that Charles has done. I won't go on and be off topic. But he's a great young man that is in the army and doing a great job.

Well if a royal can't even throw a snowball maybe it's time to get rid of the them and bring in a kind of robot that is perfect in every way.

I don't think anyone is asking for Harry or any other member of the BRF to be perfect. We all know that they're only human and will make mistakes. What people are asking for is a little bit of thought before an action (and not just from Harry, but in general). Harry simply didn't think for whatever reason, and I think that's what is making people upset. He could have caused physical harm to another human being and to the image of his family. It never reflects well on parents/grandparents when the adult that they have raised acts in a reckless and thoughtless fashion. If he wants to have a good time, which is fine by me, he needs to take into account the needs of those around him. Snowball fights can be a lot of fun when done in a safe manner, with those who have agreed to participate.

Well if a royal can't even throw a snowball maybe it's time to get rid of the them and bring in a kind of robot that is perfect in every way.

I don't think you understand the nature of snow - and the engineering of snowballs - not to get too technical. :D Snowballs are rarely fluffy little wads of cotton. A snowball sounds harmless - but it isn't. Teachers are endlessly having to deal with snowballs in school yards - for a reason.

Oh well - anyway, Mr Harry - in his late 20's - cognizant of who he is and who he is always 'representing' - when he shows himself publicly - should know better than to engage strangers in horseplay without their consent - if that's what happened. That's my point of view - you have yours. Lets agree to diasgree.

Oh well - anyway, Mr Harry - in his late 20's - cognizant of who he is and who he is always 'representing' - when he shows himself publicly - should know better than to engage strangers in horseplay without their consent - if that's what happened. . . . ..

OK. I just don't get what you are all so self-righteously het up about.
  • There is no crime!
  • There is no victim!
Nevertheless, you have tried and convicted him, of criminal negligence.
  • In absentia!
  • With no evidence whatsoever!
  • And no right of defence!
Are we in la la land or what?

Last edited:
If throwing snowballs is as "juvenile" as it gets, then pile up the ammunition, because everyone needs a little harmless fun in their life and if this is seen as a heinous crime then guess who has the problem? I'll give you a tiny hint . . . . it's not Harry! :D

You are taking things to a place of ridicule. What's that about? Snowball fights are fun between those who agree to the horseplay - of course - and I have been in lots of snowball fights. Harmless fun, yes. Its not harmless when one crosses the line - throwing at people who are not aware.

Throwing snowballs is sooooo bad that it endangers the monarchy and is conduct that crosses the line? Wow, I obviously have a snowball's show in hell of surviving in the places you guys live. No fun! Even worse, no joy! :sad:

Again, extreme to the point of ridicule. Throwing snowballs at people who are unaware is not about joy - or fun. Sorry to disagree. Something else is operating there. Entitlement, maybe, like another poster is suggesting, and a lack of awareness of the consequences of his actions - perhaps.

My global comment about the monarchy has to do with a history of childish behavior by members of the BRF. Throwing snowballs at people who are unaware is the crossing of a line. Its quite one thing to have freedom with what one does in one's personal life, which he has every right to - its quite another to have one's 'fun' at the expense of unsuspecting strangers. Something about that I find immature - if its true.

Last edited:
OK. I just don't get what you are all so self-righteously het up about.
  • There is no crime!
  • There is no victim!
Nevertheless, you have tried and convicted him, of criminal negligence.
  • In absentia!
  • With no evidence whatsoever!
  • And no right of defence!
Are we in la la land or what?

Relax - its a discussion board. Its just points of view. I realize that the pov's are not flattering to Harry - but that's the impression his behavior creates. He creates the impression of immaturity - for some. There it is.

Story says that Harry ducked to try and evade detection - and yet, there are excellent photos of him taken from a nearby balcony (hard to say how near, but Harry certainly knows about telephoto lenses). To me, while the snow ball pranking thing is inexcusable (not criminal - this time) and I would be shocked if my own children had engaged in non-consensual snowball throwing past the age of 5 or 6, I am also surprised that Harry is insouciant enough to get photo'ed doing it.

Perhaps it is the magnum of vodka and the magnum of champagne at work.

He does get to have fun - but sometimes, if he's photo'ed just right, some other people's fun is going to be slinging things back at him (obviously).

He's been hanging out with guys a lot - and that creates this kind of vibe (very common here in the U.S., not just among the rich, btw - and not just guys, either). Not all that unusual to see twenty-somethings still engaged in this kind of thing (and sometimes paying a price for it, as well). Looks like the fun was in actually hitting someone and that his snowball was designed for good ballistic purposes...

Oh good grief! Harry throws snowballs and now he is a"bad apple" who "demeans" his family and is now, by your reckoning, "a problem" to weigh on Prince Charles and Saint William? :lol:

Hey people, I know it's New Years Eve, but did you really all have to start "celebrating" quite this early? :ROFLMAO:

Totally agree. It's a snowball fight, not like they're playing with live ammunition. Harry has a very serious job at home, let him have some fun on his holiday. I'm envious of Harry who gets to play in the snow at Christmas, all we've had is rain. :sad:

I can't believe that people are saying 'it was just a snowball fight'.

It wasn't.

In a snowball fight there are two people who are throwing snowballs at each other (or two teams) and thus people know they are going to get hit and can take protective measures.

Harry was throwing a missile at unsuspecting people. Had he hit one of them there could have been serious consequences. He was throwing a lump of ice - that is what a snowball becomes - a lump of ice - nice soft fluffy snow is packed together to make a snowball.

Now if you are going about your business and get hit on the head with a lump of ice it can do serious damage.

This just shows how thoughless and clueless Harry is - he didn't think of the consequences of his actions but was simply lucky no one was hurt as he was throwing these missiles as 'unsuspecting passers-by' who looked up to see what was happening but he ducked out of the way - he knew he was doing wrong in that action but continued anyway.

Fun for him but not for the people who didn't know they were targets for this lout.

Of course he can have fun but not if he is risking hurting others, which he was doing.

It was a foolish, thoughtless thing to do, especially at his age.
AND he'll pay for it, when the rest of the family sees those photos! (Not to mention he was caught holding a cigarette; isn't that a big no-no for the RF?)

But Harry is rather thoughtless and impulsive, imo.
The criticism on this board is mild compared to the criticism in the newspaper commentary.

I agree that it isn't funny to throw snowballs from afar - they can be icy/hard and can hurt others a lot (especially when it comes to being hit in the face, the eyes etc.). But all I see in the pictures is Harry throwing snowballs and the DM is famous for making up stories. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and agree with a comment from the DM's site:

Is it just me or can I see no passers-by? Mountains and molehills...

Last edited:
Harry is mischievous, always has been and probably always will be. I personally hope he never grows out of that sense of fun. I think it'll make him a really wonderful father some day, as well as a much loved uncle.

I'm the same age as Harry, and in my experience of men our age, get them all in one place, on holiday with a liberal amount of alcohol (and in this case nothing else to do as the slopes were closed) and you get silly pranks like this. Silly, but probably harmless.

Totally agree. It's a snowball fight, not like they're playing with live ammunition. Harry has a very serious job at home, let him have some fun on his holiday. I'm envious of Harry who gets to play in the snow at Christmas, all we've had is rain. :sad:

Hard-packed snowballs are 'ammunition'. Until you've been the recipient of an ice-ball that's hurtled through the air, you may not have enough experience to judge. If this is true, he's a jerk.

So if Harry is on holiday he is given a pass on boorish behavior?

I wondered when Harry's 'serious job' would be brought into it - as though that is a mitigating factor that should exonerate boorish behavior.

No one is saying snowball fights are not fun. The problem here is that Harry was throwing snowballs - which were probably packed tight and were thus hard (as many are trying to explain but doesn't seem to be sinking in) - at unsuspecting people. Those are the two essential points - 1) hard balls thrown at 2) unsuspecting people.

If Harry were shown having a snowball fight among his mates there would be no conversation - just 'awww, how cute' - and I'd smile, too. If its true, its the snow balls (that are likely hard - since he was shaping them with his bare hands - snow melts with bare hands - hence, hard balls result) thrown at unsuspecting people that are the issue and are reflecting negatively on Harry.

Harry is mischievous, always has been and probably always will be. I personally hope he never grows out of that sense of fun. I think it'll make him a really wonderful father some day, as well as a much loved uncle.

I'm the same age as Harry, and in my experience of men our age, get them all in one place, on holiday with a liberal amount of alcohol (and in this case nothing else to do as the slopes were closed) and you get silly pranks like this. Silly, but probably harmless.

Its a very endearing picture you paint - and I would agree - except for the two facts I've stated above: potentially hard balls thrown at unsuspecting people. Nothing endearing about this lack of care with others - and nothing I'd want an uncle teaching my children. The truth is, Harry will just have to become a father for him to start showing some sense about these things - or one would hope. Fun is one thing - fun at others' expense is quite another.

Last edited:
Oh come now with royal duties and military duties the prince just wants to have some fun but did he have to throw the snowball so hard, who knows maybe prince Harry could have skills to playing baseball;)

I agree, he really needs to grow up and a find a useful hobby to keep him occupied when he isn't working.

Well he didn't hurt anyone !!' and we only have the DM word that he was throwing them at anyone!!!' the photos look photoshopped as a number of people have pointed out.

How do we know there weren't some friends down below, or people at all? The magic eye of TRF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom