Prince Harry Current Events 24: May 2009-August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how William and Harry could go to this wedding. It's too close to the world cup they're planning on attending. The flight from South Africa to Sweden would be looong. It would be too much to try to do.

Honestly, I'm sure they could do it if they wanted too. But I doubt 2 guys who love sports are gonna miss this big event:cool:.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the 18th June England v Cape Town kick off is at 20:30pm SA time. Which means the match should finish at 10, but extra time maybe allowed. If England win, the boys will want to celebrate. The flight time to Stockholm is 13 hours, plus time difference not entirely sure what it is. I doubt they will go. :)

Thirteen hours!! :eek: That's a long flight - talk about jetlag.
I would love it if they could go to the wedding, but I can certainly understand if they don't. :ermm:

Looking logistically at this the game ends at 10.00 or maybe 10.30 allowing for extra time. A helicopter is on stand-by to get them to the nearest international airport where a private plane is waiting to fly them to Stockholm. They wouldn't leave SA until at least 11.30p.m. meaning 13 hours later is 12.30 p.m. on the 19th in both Stockholm and SA (Johannesburg anyway - I just checked and they are on the same time at the moment. If Sweden has still to move to summer time then those times will be out by an hour). What time is the wedding?

If it is say a 2.00p.m. wedding or later they could theoretically make it with private planes etc but using commercial scheduled flights would be near impossible I think from checking flights but I may have missed an airline or a time.

Considering their father's attitude to climate change I really don't see his sons making this trip for a wedding.

So using my timeline they could get there with about an hour or so to spare - hardly time to relax and be comfortable but they could make it using a helicopter and a plane leaving immediately after the game.

Prince Harry to fly Apache attack helicopters - Telegraph

Prince Harry has chosen to fly Apache attack helicopters - a decision that will almost certainly pave the way for a rapid return to Afghanistan.

The prince had originally opted to fly Lynx helicopters, used for surveillance and passenger transport, but Royal sources have said he had a “last minute change of mind” and will fly Apache helicopters instead.

Prince Harry receives his wings from his father, Prince Charles, at the
Army Aviation Centre at Middle Wallop, southern England May 7, 2010.
The British Army confirmed on Friday that Harry is to train as an Apache
attack helicopter pilot. Chelsy Davy was present as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** gettyimages gallery **

He looks very proud! Anyone can explain what the hats mean?

According to the Telegraph Harry swapped the hats to "signify his
move from the Household Cavalry Regiment to the AAC", so I guess
the blue one is the hat of the Army Air Corps.

The gallery was updated in the meantime, so now you can see that
Camilla attended as well, and so did Harry's aunts Sarah and Jane.

Two nice anecdotes from the article:

Before the presentation the soldiers were inspected by the Prince of Wales and as he reached his son, Harry held out his hand for a handshake - breaking military protocol.

The Prince of Wales did not take his hand and slightly shook his head at his son to tell him he had made an error.

"You are looking very smart if I may say so," Prince Harry's father told him.

Telegraph article:

** Prince Harry awarded provisional wings by Prince of Wales **

** Zimbio gallery: Prince Harry - Army Pilot's Course Graduation **

Very nice, congrats to Harry! He was beaming with pride.

Simply Stunning? I wouldn't go that far. To me Chelsy resembles Miss Piggy. She looked nice would be the correct thing to say.

Now Harry was simply stunning:cool:. He was truly, genuinely happy! He doesn't take this for granted. I loved seeing Charles congratulating him. Perfect phto-op:).

Simply Stunning? I wouldn't go that far. To me Chelsy resembles Miss Piggy. She looked nice would be the correct thing to say.

Sigh.... if Chelsy resembles Miss Piggy then I'm a dead ringer for Jabba the Hut :ROFLMAO: I love the style of the dress she was wearing but I would have left the coat home.

Thanks iceflower for the links. I like the symbolism of the hat swapping.
Harry looks so happy. He must be so relieved to have made it this far. What a wonderful accomplishment for him!

I think that a jacket of some kind is expected at an occasion like this.:flowers:

Sigh.... if Chelsy resembles Miss Piggy then I'm a dead ringer for Jabba the Hut :ROFLMAO: I love the style of the dress she was wearing but I would have left the coat home.

Haha:lol:. Thanks for pics:ROFLMAO:. Shave off Miss Piggy's nose a bit. Then you may see it.

I think the dress wouldn't look right without the jacket. It helps make it look more formal.

I just like how happy Harry and Chelsy look together. And to get a trophy for best tactical ability, Harry must be doing something right! It seems like he enjoys his military training and wants to make a real career out of it. Good for him.

Thanks for posting the pics, Warren. I knew Tiggy was present, but I hadn't seen any pictures of her.

After a person loses a parent, every other death is so much harder. I feel for Harry.:sad:

Prince Harry had a weekend of good and bad things happening to him. Hope he bounces back fast with the death of his horse, Drizzle. It seems that all the Wales will be sad for a while. Hope they give Drizzle a funeral. That will help them cope will lose of a dear pet.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom