Prince Harry Current Events 24: May 2009-August 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a story in The Telegraph that CH have denied that Harry was paying for the drinks that night at Boujis

I'm serious. Yes, he can socialize, but no, he shouldn't be like 'most people at his age' and it's not fine at all if he gets drunk 'on occasion' only... He's the 3rd in the line of succession to the British throne and he should act in an impeccable way; since his actions prove otherwise, we have every right to dislike and/or criticize that. What on earth makes you think that everyone is willing to praise such 'deeds'?! :confused:

As to the article being a joke or not, I don't have special powers and wrote my comment before I was told that CH denied everything.

He's the 3rd in the line of succession to the British throne and he should act in an impeccable way; since his actions prove otherwise, we have every right to dislike and/or criticize that. What on earth makes you think that everyone is willing to praise such 'deeds'?! :confused:

As to the article being a joke or not, I don't have special powers and wrote my comment before I was told that CH denied everything.
There are no "actions" to prove anything. The story has been denied and the Sun has apparently removed it as the link doesn't work, so it was obviously a made-up story.

There are no "actions" to prove anything. The story has been denied and the Sun has apparently removed it as the link doesn't work, so it was obviously a made-up story.
Yes, I just tried it so it looks like a retraction.

I'm glad they apologized. The tabloids have been using the same "drinking" story a few times now. It's about time they called out on it!

Wondering what made me believe it... :whistling:

Sure, they should have apologized earlier or better, shouldn't have made up that story in the first place.

WEll you know those slow news days. They have to do SOMETHING to jazz it up. I'm surprised they haven't broken the story about Harry being the son of Hitler via DNA and frozen embryos. . . .:whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wondering what made me believe it... :whistling:
I wonder to.
That Harry used to be a wild child getting in all sorts of druken troubles is well documented.
But considered is has been well behaved and scandal-free for well over a year now I would think he might catch a break at last.

I truly hope so Idriel. :flowers: It's just that... oh well, you know what they say about ol' quirks. ;):D

I very tiny blurb and another 'old' photo. Who knows if it's true or not. :confused:

(Looks like the press is ticked that they had to retract that false story)

^I think it's true. This was already reported last week that two week-ends ago Harry attended a friend's wedding then went to that nightclub.
I'm sure we'll soon get reports of him treating fellow clubbers to £1,000,000 worth of Smirnoff Ice.:whistling:
I truly hope so Idriel. :flowers: It's just that... oh well, you know what they say about ol' quirks. ;):D
No, no, I understand where you come from.
Respect is earned, I get it.
I guess I'm overprotective because he's my favorite royal, that's all.:flowers:

:previous: What friend's wedding did Harry go to? I don't recall hearing anthing about it.

Acording to Katie Nicholls:

Even Prince Harry was inconvenienced by the volcanic ash cloud.
The Prince, who is training with the Army Air Corps, had been due to complete a flying handling test last week where his future training was to be decided. But the assessment was cancelled.
‘Harry’s course was grounded because of the no-fly restriction over the UK and he will now take his test this week,’ said a source. ‘He has yet to be told whether he will fly the Apache or the Lynx and that will only be decided after this flight.’

Another royal grounded because of the ash, I hope it didn't add to his nerves, because of wait.

Thx Opal. I'm confused tho. The date of March 31 seems about right, but the other article stated Harry was in Suffolk and this wedding took place in Wales. So perhaps he really didn't visit that nightclub in Suffolk.

I was suprised he didn't go to Emilia D'erlangers wedding with Will and Kate, I thought he was better friends with her back in the day.

I was suprised he didn't go to Emilia D'erlangers wedding with Will and Kate, I thought he was better friends with her back in the day.
Perhaps he wasn't available to attend.

The 14 posts about rap music and 'who is Beyonce?' have been removed.

Army chiefs urge Prince Harry to become elite Apache helicopter pilot

Prince Harry has been given the option of flying either Apache or Lynx helicopters after doing better than expected in his training with the Army Air Corps.

At his final interview last night, the Prince told his commanders he wanted to fly the Lynx 9A but was urged to reconsider after his instructors said he has passed the tests to fly either machine and was good enough to become a top Apache pilot.

I wonder whether he'd be able to fly Apache helicopters if they're used in direct combat against the Taliban?

BBC News - Prince Harry passes Army pilots' course

Prince Harry passes Army pilots' course

The results may boost the Prince's chances of returning to Afghanistan

Prince Harry has passed the Army pilots' course, St James's Palace confirmed on Friday. The pass mark completes his training and he is now qualified to fly Lynx and Apache helicopters.
It is not known how much the result could affect the chances the Prince will return to serve in Afghanistan.
He can express a preference about which aircraft he would prefer to fly before his graduation ceremony, set to take place next Friday.
"Prince Harry is very pleased," said a St James's Palace spokesman.
"He will give the matter serious consideration over the next few days before inputting his preference."
The prince has made no secret of his wish to return to Afghanistan after spending 10 weeks in Helmand province in 2007-8 as a forward air controller directing air strikes.
The officer with the Household Cavalry Regiment decided to become a pilot to increase his changes of being re-deployed.
Harry, who began his flying training with the Army Air Corps last January, said in June: "I'm really enjoying it and, as everyone knows, it's my easiest way of getting back to the front line.
"Maybe safer, maybe not, I don't know. To get out to Afghanistan again would be fantastic and my best chance is to do it from a helicopter."

It sounds like Harry can decide what he wants to do now. Can't wait to see what direction he takes.

isnt there a royal calender of the British royal family which will state whether or not they attend? or the Swedish royal family which will state the names of the guests that will be attending (and not just those who have received invites?)

There is a BRF calendar but it isn't made public until much closer to the relevant date for things such as weddings etc. We will probably not find out the full list of royals or others attending until the day of the wedding or maybe the day before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom