Prince Harry Current Events 23: July 2008-May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^thank you.
It was before he started his current training though so it cannot be considered a dent on his helicopter training.

I think it is already accepted that since they are Royals they will be granted special short leaves (a day or more) to perform Royal duties (which is what this trip will be for the most part). These special leaves are only an issue when they allow the princes to go on holidays while the rest of their comrades are working (like William's lastest ski trip).
I can't see the problem then, and I don't think a week away will make any difference in training: he'll just have to stay and train during a week-end or two instead of going home to make up for the lost hours.

:previous:

Perhaps he will stay in at weekends, it wouldn´t hurt him.
If he does have to have special time off for royal duties perhaps he shouldn´t have taken up this course in the first place.

It was before he started his current training though so it cannot be considered a dent on his helicopter training.
That all Army Officers could just take 'special leave', as and when it suited them! :rolleyes:
I think it is already accepted that since they are Royals they will be granted special short leaves (a day or more) to perform Royal duties (which is what this trip will be for the most part).
What happened to the 'normal' bloke?
he'll just have to stay and train during a week-end or two instead of going home to make up for the lost hours.
I wonder how the instructors will feel when they are denied weekend leave to help him catch up!:rolleyes:

That all Army Officers could just take 'special leave', as and when it suited them! :rolleyes:
Uh?
Are all army officers Royals needing to perform official duties?
What is your point?
What happened to the 'normal' bloke?
They are not normal. If you are suggesting I think they should be treated like normal people I don't and I have been very vocal about it.
I wonder how the instructors will feel when they are denied weekend leave to help him catch up!:rolleyes:
The Prince would most definitely not be the only ones needing extra tuition. There is nothing shocking about that, it's routine.
The instructors don't have a choice, that's their job and I would bet they love it.
Anyway, one of the cost of training Royals is you have to be flexible. It was the same when they were in Sandhurst.
If they don't perform any Royal duties they will be called lazy (they already are).

Are all army officers Royals needing to perform official duties?
Do we need Harry to receive special leave to go off to raise money for his failing charity - no. Do we need Harry to take time off from the job he is paid for to do 'royal duties' - no.
What is your point?
Harry wants to be treated as 'one of the boys' apparently, but also wants to be treated as a royal when it suits him. He can go out drinking, attack photographers, fall about drunk, attend raves like any 'normal' young person. When it comes to a normal training routine, forget it.
The Prince would most definitely not be the only ones needing extra tuition. There is nothing shocking about that, it's routine.
The instructors don't have a choice, that's their job and I would bet they love it.
And you know he won't be the only one, how? Or is that just guesswork? No, it would appear the instructors won't get a choice, whether they will 'love' it, is unlikely, most of them have families they would love to have the chance to spend time with, rather than spend their weekends giving extra tuition to someone who appears to be playing at becoming legitimately qualified!:rolleyes:

Do we need Harry to receive special leave to go off to raise money for his failing charity - no.
From one cynic to another: you always manage to outclass me in sheer negativity.
Do we need Harry to take time off from the job he is paid for to do 'royal duties' - no.
Your opinion.
Many people (I would assume the majority of tax payers) would also like to see him do Royal duties, which also happens to be a job he is paid for, if indirectly (as the tax payers pay for both his security and his secretariat).
As long as the Royal duties don't prevent him to complete his training (and I can't see how the trip could), I can't see the problem.
I also fail to see why royal duties was put between inverted comas. Do they only count when the occur in the UK?
Harry wants to be treated as 'one of the boys' apparently, but also wants to be treated as a royal when it suits him. He can go out drinking, attack photographers, fall about drunk, attend raves like any 'normal' young person. When it comes to a normal training routine, forget it.
Whether it suits him or not is beside the point. He is royal and the sooner he ends this 'I want to be normal' charade the better for everyone.
I am always the first the criticize the boys when I feel they are abusing their privileges but I am dumbfounded at having to defend Harry for doing royal duties.
And you know he won't be the only one, how? Or is that just guesswork?
Have you ever followed any kind of pilot training?
I have.
The basic schedule is never totally respected, it's impossible for the simple reason that instructors cannot control the weather, the flu epidemics, the other health troubles, the mechanical failures, the rate of progress of every students, etc.
There is always extra-tuition and re-scheduling.
No guess-work, just experience and logic.

Either way, you are just as bone-headed as I am so I am done with that discussion who is bound to go nowhere as usual.:flowers:

Have you followed any kind of pilot training?
Lets see, does being the former wife of a pilot or the mother of pilots count. How about living on base for a number of years?:rolleyes:
Then you should know how absolutely infuriating it is for the instructors, when one on their trainees is absent and the lesson has to be repeated.
The basic schedule is never totally respected, it's impossible for the simple reason that instructors cannot control the weather, the flu epidemics, the other health troubles, the mechanical failures, the rate of progress of every students, etc.
There is always extra-tuition and re-scheduling.
No guess-work, just experience and logic.
I'm not sure what base you received tuition from, but if the weather precludes flight (and that is so rare, after all what are they going to do if it rains when on duty), there are always other things to learn.

More information of the visit: apparently the Polo match (The Veuve Clicquot Manhattan Polo Classic) will take place on the 30th of may on Governor's Island.

Prince Harry To Make His First Official Visit To The U.S.

Although the full itinerary is yet to be decided, it is thought Harry will visit several charity projects in the area as well as Ground Zero, where he will pay his respects to those who lost their lives in the September 11 terrorist attacks.

Oh Harry haha well least Daniel Craig didn't seem to be offended.

The report that Prince Harry was in the Philippines caused a huge stir over there. The village was deluged with hundreds of the curious wanting to see a glimpse of the royal. It was probably good for the local economy, but it was definitely not Prince Harry. A summary and video of the reports at my blog post:
Rumors of Prince Harry in Cebu cause a stir

Anyhow, where is the real Prince Harry these days? Immersed in training, I guess?

[:previous:

Just as an addition to the above. When Prince Harry was born it was announced that he would be Christened Henry but that Harry was the old pronunciation of this name and so the newspapers have just made it Harry so that people won´t be confused as to how it is supposed to be pronounced.
A bit like the real pronunciation of Ralph if you want it pronounced properly you had better write it phonetically.

Your right he was christened Prince Henry Charles Albert David but is known as Prince Harry.
X

I'll bet his friends all had a good laugh. But if the tabs were to be believed, they are all gullible. More than likely, the tabs thought their readers too stupid to tell the difference.

Perhaps Prince Harry is trying this to see if he can stop becoming bald like his brother.

Baldness seems to be hereditary, so probably not!;)

ah thank you, I didn't see it there oh well guess it won't hurt having it here as well :flowers:

I had debate where to post the link myself. It wasn't news anyway. Daily Mail had mention the living arrangement months ago. Think the Daily Star writing just recycled to fill their pages.

Oh for sure and I remember The Sun talking about their living arrangements when William first started his training, but the part about Kate supposedly moving out is new although I don't believe it somehow, I imagine they have enough space to room all three of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom