Prince Harry Current Events 22: November 2007-July 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I 'I was just so excited to see him... I want to see the Queen and Simon Cowell next,' she sobbed" - Oh dear, that says it all.

Come on, that was a twelve year old - not even a teenager yet...

Come on, that was a twelve year old - not even a teenager yet...
You know me Jo, lack of age does not excuse silly behaviour! :D I never understood my friends screaming and drowning out groups they had paid to see and hear! :D

I think it's appropriate for Harry to go on a taxpayer-funded visit to whatever country needs help. The U.S. military is always going places to help people and distribute aid. It provides training for the soldiers (many of whom are expected to build bridges, roads, etc. during war-time) and is an opportunity for a country to forge a positive relationship with another nation. That it matches Harry's interests is great, it keeps him from ditching the job and sitting around the London nightclubs.

You know me Jo, lack of age does not excuse silly behaviour! :D I never understood my friends screaming and drowning out groups they had paid to see and hear! :D

But at least the young girl obviously knows that there is a queen around somewhere...

I think it's appropriate for Harry to go on a taxpayer-funded visit to whatever country needs help. The U.S. military is always going places to help people and distribute aid. It provides training for the soldiers (many of whom are expected to build bridges, roads, etc. during war-time) and is an opportunity for a country to forge a positive relationship with another nation. That it matches Harry's interests is great, it keeps him from ditching the job and sitting around the London nightclubs.
I find it no more acceptable just because the US troops do it.

British troops do go to areas to help out/retrain people but this one, once again is not normal procedure and it seems jobs/adventures are being invented specifically for Harry, (as they were for Andrew). I wonder if he would be sent to Iraq where British and US troops are helping to rebuild and train!

It sounds as though he'd be quite happy to be sent to Iraq. Several royals have had problems in the past with not being allowed to go to hotspots even if they wanted to. I think it even happened with Prince Michael, and it isn't as though he was ever as high in the line of succession as Harry.

It sounds as though he'd be quite happy to be sent to Iraq. Several royals have had problems in the past with not being allowed to go to hotspots even if they wanted to. I think it even happened with Prince Michael, and it isn't as though he was ever as high in the line of succession as Harry.
He probably would want to go, it is just aggravating when the MOD tries to pass it off as adventure training all troops/officers do. If they were not going to let him be a normal soldier, they shouldn't have allowed him to join up. Now that he has managed a short deployment, perhaps a desk job would have been more appropriate, even training in another field to keep him busy. You can't help but feel sorry for the boy. :flowers:

I enjoyed that article. He sounds like he's "the people's Prince"...very personable with everyone; more so than William. I really hope he does more and more of these visits. It seems like he has just as much fun as the people there to see him.

It was a reception fit for a pop idol - and Prince Harry did his best to provide entertainment for the crowds

Weeping fans and cheering crowds: People's Prince Harry treated like a star on a trip to Wales | Mail Online

:rolleyes::rolleyes:
You've got to hand it to Harry though, if anyone had been stupid enough to plonk a baby in the arms of my brother or nephews at that age they would probably have dropped it, whilst Harry carried it off with panache (no pun intended). The average "Rock Star" would probably have run away screaming! :hiding:

Being the news junkie that I am I laughed when watching it on BBC International, CNN and Sky UK. Harry just seems to groove to whatever is happening and hams it up quite shamelessly. He indulged the teenie boppers, not to mention the mother and grandmother of the baby, woith grace, wit and humour+.:photo:

The guy is a natural asset to the BRF. He seems to be pro-active when faced with the dreaded "walkabout", and handles everything shoved at him with humour, and let's face it, his smile can bridge any language barrier. :winkiss:

You've got to hand it to Harry though, if anyone had been stupid enough to plonk a baby in the arms of my brother or nephews at that age they would probably have dropped it, whilst Harry carried it off with panache (no pun intended). The average "Rock Star" would probably have run away screaming! :hiding:
You would get the same reaction from me!:ROFLMAO:
Being the news junkie that I am I laughed when watching it on BBC International, CNN and Sky UK. Harry just seems to groove to whatever is happening and hams it up quite shamelessly. He indulged the teenie boppers, not to mention the mother and grandmother of the baby, with grace, wit and humour+.:photo:
I have thought of the ideal job for him whereby he could remain in the army. A transfer to Ceremonial duties! :D

. . . . . I have thought of the ideal job for him whereby he could remain in the army. A transfer to Ceremonial duties! :D
You hush your mouth or some pen-pushing dweeb will hear you and claim the idea for himself. Next Harry will have "sword-elbow" caused by all those "Present Arms", thus rendering him unable to continue to flex his pecs and dazzle us all on the Polo field! :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:

You hush your mouth or some pen-pushing dweeb will hear you and claim the idea for himself. Next Harry will have "sword-elbow" caused by all those "Present Arms", thus rendering him unable to continue to flex his pecs and dazzle us all on the Polo field! :ohmy: :ROFLMAO:
-/-/-/-/-/-/ Zipped! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Perhaps William and Harry could move into a complimentary role for the monarchy. William, I would think, needs to be somewhat more reserved and austere since he is going to be King. Harry, can be the human face of the monarchy. Does this make sense?

June 2008
Harry playing in a charity polo match at Cirencester Polo Club.

Last edited:
Where did they dig up that photo? Can't tell if it was Harry or more likely, lifted from some Hollywood movie stills. Not to put down the dangers of wars, if this is real, wouldn't the MOD have trumped up the "danger" back in February when Harry was first discovered to have been in Afghanistan?

June 2008
Harry playing in a charity polo match at Cirencester Polo Club.

Harry is such a delight. Would love to see his pecs & abs, if a picture exists somewhere. In several pictures I've seen of our Harry, he appears to be a little heavier than William (such as the pics from his latest royal duty) and looking bulkier and less skinny than William. Gorgeous in my eyes.;)

Harry is such a delight. Would love to see his pecs & abs, if a picture exists somewhere.

There were some photo's of him shirtless in Afghanistan playing rugby, and he had quite the six-pack! I'm sure all that training for the Army made his physique better b/c he was just a skinny thing before.

Who would of thought that Prince Harry would be the one to give the BRF such good press. I gotta say, to me, he is the best they have for the younger generation. He has such a great personality and just seems to go with the flow. I also think he is the best looking of the two brothers

The headline of this article really makes me mad. Harry participated in a Parade and Memorial Service. He did not lead it and, for the paper to say that he did, diminishes the purpose. :bang:

Harry must have been spitting mad, as really that is all the media have left him, the ability to pay tribute to the fallen. :flowers:

I thought him and "his men" were supposed to do charity work for Sentabale in Lesotho? Or is this a complete other trip?

I thought him and "his men" were supposed to do charity work for Sentabale in Lesotho? Or is this a complete other trip?

The survival adventure trip to Namibia is a 6-day event according to the above article.

Next month Harry will take the group to Lesotho in southern Africa to boost his Aids charity. (Quote of the same article).

PRINCE Harry will lead his men back into the desert later this month — on a HOLIDAY.

PRINCE Harry will lead his men back into the desert later this month — on a HOLIDAY | The Sun |HomePage|News|Royals

I wonder what the men fighting in Iraq or Afghanistan feel about that!:whistling:

Its not going to be a holiday! The Sun is just trying to make it seem that way. Its a charity mission and from what I've heard its not uncommon for the army to do these things so I'm sure the men in Iraq and Afghanistan won't think two seconds about it.

Its not going to be a holiday! The Sun is just trying to make it seem that way. Its a charity mission and from what I've heard its not uncommon for the army to do these things so I'm sure the men in Iraq and Afghanistan won't think two seconds about it.
That is the following trip, the one being reported on is a holiday.
From the article -
A source said last night: “He has been excited by the trip for weeks. He sees it as a way of thanking his men and treating them to an experience they will never forget.”
Next month Harry will take the group to Lesotho in southern Africa to boost his Aids charity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom