Prince Harry Current Events 16: January-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry is a free spirit lad and full of mischief. Let him enjoy life. He is not much different than most off a young man at his age.

All I can say is: I hope he doesn't have a drinking problem.

Upon closer inspection it seems the Spike Wells on the South Africa network is listed as female. But it does seem quite legit that it is Chelsy and I also saw Beatrice York and Eugene York as well as Amedeo de Beligue. I think that because facebook is relatively safe they are able to have profiles.

shez125 said:
Upon closer inspection it seems the Spike Wells on the South Africa network is listed as female. But it does seem quite legit that it is Chelsy and I also saw Beatrice York and Eugene York as well as Amedeo de Beligue. I think that because facebook is relatively safe they are able to have profiles.

I don't think so. Definately not. Why should they use their real names when it is about communicating with friends? Why endanger that secret sphere via a webplatform which gives other members the chance to search for these "real names"? They are not in the phone book either, are they?

I could imagine that there is a network, be it on facebook or on another page where people calling themselves "Lucy Miller" and "Pete Smith" and "Meredith Bakns" communicate with each other - with Pete Smith declaring his love for Lucy while noone else is interested. How should they if they are not in the know that Lucy is eg Chelsy and Pete Harry?

For me networks like these are the ideal platforms for imposters and wannabes while the real prominent people won't use their real names there. And it's an old trick when you want to get new members or publicity.

I once bought a Sting-CD online and got with it an invitation to try "sting.com". They told me that Sting would read these forums.... Of course that was the first thing I asked the other posters and of course he has never shown up there, not even a person one could imagine it could have been him. Then I got a mail from them where they told me that Sting would perform "Songs from the labyrinth" in a small venue with "members only "access and only on four places in the world. They invited me to take part in an non-profit contest to win a free ticket for the Berlin venue. I did because I'm claustrophobic in big masses, so never thought I could see Sting live) and won one ticket, went to Berlin (paying airfare and hotel) but ended up in such a dirty, ugly and smelly atmosphere in this notorious "underground"-club that I was so glad to be home finally.

Only to find out only a short time later (but not from sting.com) that Sting is now doing a whole tour of the concert halls of the world including my favorite one in Munich with it's sophisticated atmosphere and wonderful accustic! Now talk about make-believe!

I bet it's the same with this webpage - generating publicity with nothing behind it.

The danger with these sites is that you have to be a very trusting person. MySpace, Facebook, Bebo, Faceparty and Gaydar all ask you to be honest but how many people actually would be? You can put any picture, any name and any profile information on there hence why on MySpace, several Royals, politicians, celebs and other public figures have pages. They haven't been written or created by the people they are supposed to be read and used by - they're written by people who have no lives. I doubt that Harry, Bea, Eugenie or Amadeo would put a profile on any of those sites. It's just too risky. A few years ago, a politicians son put a profile on Gaydar with his real name and piccie and he was outed in the press. So the press are aware of these sites and any site where messages are public would attract media attention. Harry may have made mistakes in the past but he isn't a dunce. I just dont believe it is Harry or Chelsy posting on these.

babyd0ll said:
The reason that I think Chelsy's facebook is probably legit is because a) she has a personal, candid picture of herself, not one that has been spread across the internet, and b)Shaun Davy's facebook.
1. Why would she chance putting anything on this site.
2. There are very many pictures that are available in magazines etc.
3. They would not post pictures of themselves for just anyone to see.
4. They really are not that stupid.
Many people go on sites like this, very few tell the truth, IMO. If Harry and Chelsy wanted to communicate with their 'friends', I would think they would use a secure telephone line, mobile or server. :ermm:

partly due to the fact that it IS quite secure
It's not at all secure if you can access Chelsy's 'space'

Its difficult to explain facebook. It is a social network site but more professional then most. For example, in the U.S. some employers treat it as an extension of a job application, when you hand in an application employers have been known to then look that person up on facebook, 'friend' that person and see how they spend their time outside of the work environment. At least that is what I have been told by professors who try to make sure you don't post pictures of yourself at keggers as possible employers may see them. Unlike myspace, or bebo you cannot see anyones profile until you have confirmed them as a friend and they likewise cannot view your profile. When you search for a name you get matches which display only the name, network, small profile pic and the options to add them as a friend, send a message or view that persons friends (with the same display).
I agree that there is a chance that they are fake profiles but the problem with this is that someone would have to make the profile and the profiles of all 213 friends (in Chelsy D's case). Reasonable with a site like myspace but hardly worth the effort with the restrictions of facebook.
More information is available about facebook with the link:
Facebook - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just my opinion of course. :)

We're getting well off the topic of Harry's current events. The moderators are discussing how much of this Facebook conversation to leave and how much to delete; in the meantime, perhaps we can get back on topic. Thank you.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator

Re Harry running up a huge bar tab at the weekend. There was an article in London Lite ( a free commuter paper from the same people as The Evening Standard) last night that said it totalled £11,500! I mean I'm all for having a good time but this just seems unbelievable.
Of course we can't be sure if this is 100% correct or who actually paid for it etc, but if even only a part of it is true, then I have to say I'm quite shocked.
The royal family is supported in part by my, and every other UK taxpayer's taxes and to see this monumental waste of money is maddening. Sure, Harry has a job but on a salary of around £20k pa I can't see any other young officers blowing half their annual salary on one night out.
Anyway, that's just my view and I'm glad to have got it of my chest! :flowers:

I don't believe he spent eleven grand on booze. Even Oliver Reed didn't drink that much in one night. I think we have to bear in mind that it's a slow news week and Harry bashing sells papers.

As I said, I'm not sure it's true but the paper did list some of the drinks supposedly bought and they included bottles of champagne at £200 a go and cocktails (to share, I presume) that cost £100 each. Including some food aand as it was alledgedly a largish group, it would not take long to rack up.
Anyway, Beatrix Fan, you are correct, Harry bashing is always a good seller!

Lizy said:
The royal family is supported in part by my, and every other UK taxpayer's taxes and to see this monumental waste of money is maddening. :flowers:

You can take comfort in the fact that Harry not only earns his own money, but has various trust funds, an allowance and a daddy who doesn't take his money from taxpayers, just from his Duchy income. :lol:
Champagne at £200 per bottle, what were they thinking, they could at least have splashed out on a decent one! :ROFLMAO:

Hairy night at Harry's hot bar

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
Champagne at £200 per bottle, what were they thinking, they could at least have splashed out on a decent one! :ROFLMAO:

Ha ha, you're right Skydragon. So what this article has now proven is that instead of being flash with the cash Harry is in fact a bit of a cheapskate!! :lol: I'll sleep easier tonight knowing my tax pennies are not being squandered.

Lizy said:
Ha ha, you're right Skydragon. So what this article has now proven is that instead of being flash with the cash Harry is in fact a bit of a cheapskate!! :lol: I'll sleep easier tonight knowing my tax pennies are not being squandered.

But as Harry doesn't receive anything from the taxpayers you never needed to worry anyway.

Harry's income comes from his own pay as an army officer, his allowance from his father, which comes from the Duchy of Cornwall estate and not the taxpayers - the same as Earl Spencer receives his income from the Althorp estate and the Duke of Devonshire from his estates etc. In addition Harry has access to some of his inheritance from the Queen Mum and at 25 from his mother's estate.

No British taxpayer funds are being spent by Harry on his nights out - only money he has earned or been given by his father as an allowance.

That's not going to stop people [not people here] from complaining and saying he's wasting their tax dollars on going out and getting hammered. You hear that in the States a lot too....people complaining about what their tax dollars are supposedly being spent on. A good deal of the time, the money being spent on all these frivolous things isn't tax money at all.

Last edited:
Avalon said:
Prince Harry, along with Prince William and Kate Middleton, watched the England against Italy Six Nations rugby match at Twickenham stadium in London, Saturday, February 10, 2007.
Harry doesn't look too exited or happy. :ermm:

I know! Maybe it was just a moment though, its hard to tell with pictures. Or maybe he was hung-over :lol:

Sister Morphine said:
That's not going to stop people [not people here] from complaining and saying he's wasting their tax dollars on going out and getting hammered. You hear that in the States a lot too....people complaining about what their tax dollars are supposedly being spent on. A good deal of the time, the money being spent on all these frivolous things isn't tax money at all.

Others will also say that the taxpayers money is being wasted because the taxpayers do pay the salaries of his minders. At least I think they do.:)

HRH Kimetha said:
Others will also say that the taxpayers money is being wasted because the taxpayers do pay the salaries of his minders. At least I think they do.:)

To be fair, whether Harry is out boozing it up or reading in a library, he will have minders following him around.

HRH Kimetha said:
They do pay the salaries of the royal protection unit, but as Sister Morphine says, he would have the RPU there whether he was partying or not. He is a young man with a lot of responsibilty to come, as long as he is not breaking the law, he should be allowed to do some of the things others his age do.

Perhaps the British public should consider the possibility of Harry being abducted... or getting in a bad accident. Paying for a few minders might be a far less costly alternative to things that could happen to an heir to the throne. (People can be so cheap!)

HRH Kimetha said:

But as these people are actually police officers posted to a particular job for a period of time the taxpayers would be paying for them anyway - either to protect the RF or an elected Head of State - they still need protection and that has to be paid for by the taxpayers of the respective countries.

EXCLUSIVE: HARRY TO FIGHT IN IRAQ

PRINCE Harry will be serving on the front line in Iraq by the end of the month

Royals Deny Prince Harry Iraq Story

Clarence House has denied reports that Prince Harry could be sent to Iraq within a matter of weeks. According to the Daily Mirror, the Prince's regiment, the Blues and Royals, will go to Basra at the end of the month.

:mad: Doesn't the press value life yet? If Prince Harry is going to the front I wish he could go without reporting to the terrorist. I worry about his life and his fellow soldiers' lives. I hate the press.:mad:

chrissy57 said:
But as these people are actually police officers posted to a particular job for a period of time the taxpayers would be paying for them anyway - either to protect the RF or an elected Head of State - they still need protection and that has to be paid for by the taxpayers of the respective countries.

Quite true for your response and for Skydragons. I was only merely pointing out there are those who would be sitting around breakfast the next morning spitting out comments such as, "someone was murdered down the street and that if it wasn't for that drunken pompous bloke needing to have minded and helped outside into a waiting car, they may have been saved...." or something like that. I've heard it so many times the complaint of having to pay for the royals protection. So there are those who will complain whether they any ounce of right on their side anyway. It's just they are just that way.:)

Last edited:
georgiea said:
:mad: Doesn't the press value life yet? If Prince Harry is going to the front I wish he could go without reporting to the terrorist. I worry about his life and his fellow soldiers' lives. I hate the press.:mad:

I don't hate press but i agree with your other points unfortunately if he goes it will be such a big deal that i think Harry, Clarence House and the government will have a hard time keeping his location quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom