Prince Harry Current Events 11: March-April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HRH Kimetha said:
She sure would be. I read somewhere (by Andrew Morton?) that Harry would be the best catch between the too brothers because of his fun loving ways compared with the seriousness of William.

I read that also,, & couldn't agree more. I can understand why william can be closed off. He & harry both had front row seats to what the media can do. & in his mothers case is still doing. the Woman has been dead for almost 10 years & it hastn't stopped.

I just think that Harry is blessed with Diana's gift for laughing & feel good nature.

Harry is Harry, pure and simple and it is very sad that anyone would choose to compare them. Most parents love all their children equally, if they don't they are not nice people or good parents.

All children are different, all children bring something different to everyones lives. To suggest that Harry was abandoned is just silly, he was loved and raised by Charles, Camilla and all his family over the last very important 9 years.

If I can speak for some on this board. I don't think anyone is suggesting that Harry has been abandoned and not loved by both of his parents. Rather because of his Williams position (heir to the heir)n, he has been the source of a lot more attention than Harry. Which I believe to be a legitimate concern. Time has shown that both Diana and Tiggy because of his age and position..have spent a little more time with him. Not saying that they didn't love William the same but there you have it. It has also been suggested that the Queen Mother, for example favored William (or least tried to spend more time with him because of his position). Again, this is not to say that she didn't love Harry as well.

I am not even going to discuss the last 9 years of his life versus the first 12. The fact is that he has been blessed to have a number of people who have loved him.

I think people are confusing attention with love. As heir to the throne, Charles got a lot more attention than Andrew; yet Andrew is widely considered the Queen's favorite child. Its possible that the Queen could more easily have a normal mother-son relationship with Andrew because he was not the heir.

It looks like Harry and William are both loved by their families but its a bit far-fetched to say that because William got all the attention as heir that he is the favorite child of anybody.

Skydragon said:
It was to commemorate 50 years of the Queens reign and was given to all current servicemen and women, who had at the time of the jubilee completed 5 years of service, I think the police and other emergency crews also got it if they were in on 6th Feb 2002 and had also completed 5 years.
William and Harry wern't in the army then, so they had to be specials.

It was also given to members of the Royal Family and members of the choir who sang in the service on the day of the celebrations - I was at a service at the Queen's Chapel at St James' Palace last year and most of the choir were wearing that medal and some of them were still in their teens and one or two wouldn't have reached that age yet. I asked about the medal they were wearing and that is what I was told.

If you look carefully at the royal men (Philip's gets lost with his medals for service during WWII) they have them from the coronation - Philip and Charles, Silver Jubilee - Philip, Charles, Andrew and Edward, and Golden Jubilee - Philip, Charles, Andrew, Edward, William and Harry. Having never seem Peter Philips in uniform I don't know if also got one but I would be surprised if he didn't - he is the Queen's eldest grandson after all.

Skydragon said:
It was to commemorate 50 years of the Queens reign and was given to all current servicemen and women, who had at the time of the jubilee completed 5 years of service, I think the police and other emergency crews also got it if they were in on 6th Feb 2002 and had also completed 5 years.
William and Harry wern't in the army then, so they had to be specials.

Thanks for sharing this information with me.

Zonk1189 said:
Again, this is not to say that she didn't love Harry as well.

I am not even going to discuss the last 9 years of his life versus the first 12. The fact is that he has been blessed to have a number of people who have loved him.

What some people seem to want to ignore, is that both boys have 2 biological parents, who had a hand in their upbringing. It is no secret that I am not a fan of the late Diana but, to suggest that she loved or gave more attention to one child over another, is a terrible thing to say about any parent. As a parent, you may not like the actions of one of your children at some time but, the love should always be equal and unconditional.

What should be remembered is the times they were at school, the nannies, the carers, friends and relatives on both sides, that helped from the moment of their birth, to raise these young men. It is all these experiences that have made them who they are.

I happen to think Harry and William are wonderful young men, each bringing different things to the monarchy but, please, it was Harrys' day, can't we all allow him that.

Skydragon...I totally agree with you in both counts: both have/had great parents, as well as good influences in their lives who helped shape them and it is Harry's day. So let's not compare him to William.

On another note...I would LOVE to see pics of the ball (with Kate and Chelsy in attendance) I guess that's not going to happen :(

Will if somebody took pics at the ball then it seems like we're not going to see them.

i dont think kate was there...only Chelsy

cd_1 said:
i dont think kate was there...only Chelsy

Cadets normally invite family and their partners. IMO Harry would have invited his brothers girlfriend, not just William.:)

Since it hasn't been confirmed if Kate attended the ball, there's not much point in "I think she was", "I think she wasn't" posts. :)

thanks,
Warren
British Forums moderator

Since we haven't seen any pics of the ball and Kate's attendance has not been confirmed, discussing any further is only speculation.

If anyone finds a pic or a confirmation that Kate was at the ball, by all means post it but otherwise, as Warren said, let's drop it.

ysbel
British forums moderator

Thank you regardez. I wasn't aware there were pics of the ball but there still doesn't seem to be confirmation that Kate was at the ball so any speculation whether Kate was or wasn't is pretty futile.

I'm so happy because of Harry's happiness
He looks very good and Chelsy too both cute and Happy hahaha
William in the last pic is good too ;)

I'm so happy to see pictures of them together at the ball! I like the press to give them privacy, but at the same time I love to see pictures!
I have a feeling someone there might have taken those pictures then sold them. The press wouldn't have got in would they?

PRINCE HARRY'S A GINGER BINGER

Second Lieut Windsor joins the Booze and Royals

PRINCE Harry celebrated passing out as an army officer - by knocking back enough booze to pass out again...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=16949499%26method=full%26siteid=94762%26headline=prince%2dharry%2ds%2da%2dginger%2dbinger-name_page.html

Harry set for royal Scottish visit

PRINCE Harry is to visit Scotland on the Queen's 80th birthday for his first official engagement north of the Border.

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland.cfm?id=573492006

The bad and the good.​

Wow! Harry's first official engagement in Scotland, he really is growing up. This will be fun to watch, especially with the children. I'm glad he's showing interest in his royal duties. Its not easy to juggle that with military commitments. Good for him.

As for the mirror article. Yes he's maturing on some levels but remember, He's still a 21 year old celebrating a big event with his friends. A little too much maybe.

You know it amazes me that someone actually sat there and counted and recorded each and every drink he had. Some people need to get a life.

WindsorIII said:
You know it amazes me that someone actually sat there and counted and recorded each and every drink he had. Some people need to get a life.

We only have the word of the Mirror that is what Harry drank and if they were relying on the barmans story of what he ordered, half those drinks could have been for fellow revellers.

chrissy57 said:
It was also given to members of the Royal Family and members of the choir who sang in the service on the day of the celebrations - I was at a service at the Queen's Chapel at St James' Palace last year and most of the choir were wearing that medal and some of them were still in their teens and one or two wouldn't have reached that age yet. I asked about the medal they were wearing and that is what I was told.

Ummm, don't know what the choristers were wearing.....

http://www.ossw.wales.gov.uk/2001/pn_20011204.html

http://icberkshire.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0200berkshireheadlines/page.cfm?objectid=11914280&method=full&siteid=50102

Perhaps other commemorative medals were struck.:confused:

Harry looks so happy at the ball with Chelsy. There's an article saying that harry could only invite 2 people and that was William and Chelsy.

yay, I am so glad we got to see some pictures from the ball. Harry looks very handsome!! Looks like it was a fun time.

Skydragon said:
PRINCE HARRY'S A GINGER BINGER
Second Lieut Windsor joins the Booze and Royals
Why do they even bother with this stuff anymore? I think anyone who cares knows that Harry drinks.

Last edited by a moderator:
tiny winy images of Harry & Chelsy at the Sandhurst Ball

(from sipa press via newscom)

It appears as though Young Harry and William were too much stress on their Army leader. :eek:

According to the mirror, he is calling it quits. Actually this is pretty funny to me.

17 April 2006
EXCLUSIVE: HARRY'S ARMY CHIEF QUITS OVER STRESS
By Adrian Shaw
THE Army boss in charge of Sandhurst is quitting over the stress of training Prince Harry and his brother William.​

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=16955517%26method=full%26siteid=94762%26headline=harry%2ds%2darmy%2dchief%2dquits%2dover%2dstress%2d-name_page.html

WindsorIII said:
It appears as though Young Harry and William were too much stress on their Army leader. :eek:

According to the mirror, he is calling it quits. Actually this is pretty funny to me.

17 April 2006
EXCLUSIVE: HARRY'S ARMY CHIEF QUITS OVER STRESS
By Adrian Shaw
THE Army boss in charge of Sandhurst is quitting over the stress of training Prince Harry and his brother William.​

What they seem to have forgotten to mention is that, as a senior officer he had to give 12 months notice, which was before Harry or William arrived. :D

Skydragon said:
What they seem to have forgotten to mention is that, as a senior officer he had to give 12 months notice, which was before Harry or William arrived. :D

Yeah, they are like very forgetful about the stuff that won't fit in their stories, aren't they?
And thanks, I must admit I didn't know that he had to inform of his resignation 12 moths before resigning:eek:. Seems like it's clearing Harry and William, isn't it? :rolleyes: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom