Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, General News 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Guy is going to have a role in the royal wedding after all. That or he's come to get familiar with his dorgi in-law pooches. :D

But seriously, my instincts tell me that with the hustle and bustle of everything wedding going on in the next few days, Guy may be checking in to stay and be entrusted to HM's personal dog trainer at Windsor.

Last edited:
If it is Guy, it's good to see him in evident good health. I remember that he broke his legs shortly after Meghan brought him to the UK.

If it is Guy, it's good to see him in evident good health. I remember that he broke his legs shortly after Meghan brought him to the UK.

Isn't it very complicated to bring dogs into the UK because of quarantine laws ?

Isn't it very complicated to bring dogs into the UK because of quarantine laws ?

Not at all. It was discussed back at the time she was making the move. Dogs coming into the UK from certain countries don't require quarantine.

You can enter or return to the UK with your pet cat, dog or ferret if it:
has been microchipped
has a pet passport or third-country official veterinary certificate
has been vaccinated against rabies - it will also need a blood test if you’re travelling from an ‘unlisted country’
Dogs must also usually have a tapeworm treatment.
Your pet may be put into quarantine for up to 4 months if you don’t follow these rules - or refused entry if you travelled by sea. You’re responsible for any fees or charges.

Considering at least one of her dogs had crossed the border from the US into Canada, they had already had the required chips and such. The same requirements are needed to bring an animal into Canada.

OMG is Guy going to be in the ceremony?

The clip was from the DM article Sun Lion posted, it was titled 'The Queen is seen driving to Windsor ahead of the royal wedding'.

I don't think it looks very much like Guy, does HM own beagles?

I believe Guy will herd the little bridesmaids and page boys down the aisle and make sure they behave. ?

That was the Queen's car, so I do not think it was Guy...

The Queen dog sitting...LOL how cute if its Guy.

She only has Corgis and also dorgis.

It certainly does look like Guy. How cute. He must have mended and he's going to meet the Queen .

Where is a photo of Guy? I've been thinking and wondering about him for ages!

It says 'file not found' when I tried the video, but thanks anyway!

Could HM be dog sitting......:lol::lol: that is so precious and think I will send her my baby also to watch....??. I know that dogs can not be part of the ceremony yet how wonderful if they could be. Anyhow he looks alert and ready for whatever goes on tomorrow.....glad to see a picture of him and knowing all is well with him after he broke both legs....am a huge doggie lover here, big time, just ask my Payton, he is sooooo spoiled and cherished.

OMG, from a kill shelter to riding in a car with the Queen.

Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "it's a dog's life."

?

Boy isn't that right...always said if I ever come back, I want to be one of my dogs for they had it made. So very delighted to see him riding with the queen......that is so darn precious......:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Guy Markle, King of the Beagles

LOL, I just couldn't help it, if the mods feel this thread is silly or inappropriate please delete.

I am so happy to see Guy again. I was mommy to two rescue beagles and they are the sweetest, gentlest dogs I've ever cared for. Plus they have a ton of personality! Meghan shows extremely good taste in choosing such a wonderful companion imo :)

I wonder if Guy is just staying at Windsor for the ceremony or if they will include him in the festivities somehow. Will be interested to see!

Last edited:
He's super cute! Years ago, my husband had a beagle called Bagel. He said they are good dogs, sweet and good natured.

Ahhh... Seeing Guy, all I could think of was "Snoopy, eat your heart out!" :lol:

Guy, I believe is a very big part of Harry and Meghan's life and with all the different events going on with this wedding, perhaps HM invited Guy to come stay at Windsor until the festivities are all over and the couple return to Nott Cott.

Looking at Guy in the Range Rover with the Queen, the scenario that went through my mind is the Queen talking to Guy during the ride stating "Now, I'm taking you to visit for a while with my good friend who helps me look after my own dorgis. You be nice to him and behave yourself." (gives Guy a treat).

Not only is Meghan thoroughly embraced and welcomed into the family but after the Queen saw how her furbabies took to Meghan right away, she had no qualms about inviting Guy for a stay.

Ahhh... Seeing Guy, all I could think of was "Snoopy, eat your heart out!" :lol:

Guy, I believe is a very big part of Harry and Meghan's life and with all the different events going on with this wedding, perhaps HM invited Guy to come stay at Windsor until the festivities are all over and the couple return to Nott Cott.

Looking at Guy in the Range Rover with the Queen, the scenario that went through my mind is the Queen talking to Guy during the ride stating "Now, I'm taking you to visit for a while with my good friend who helps me look after my own dorgis. You be nice to him and behave yourself." (gives Guy a treat).

Not only is Meghan thoroughly embraced and welcomed into the family but after the Queen saw how her furbabies took to Meghan right away, she had no qualms about inviting Guy for a stay.

The Queen's last corgi past away, so I bet having Guy around is nice for her.
Save

I understand that the Queen actually has one remaining corgi, Whisper, whom she adopted when its owner died. When Willow died, she was the last corgi that HM had bred from the line of Susan, her original corgi. She also has the two dorgis.

I hope Guy has a fantastic day hanging out with Whisper, Vulcan and Candy.

I think Guy will do just fine among the royal doggies. Beagles are really known to be quite personable and easily adapt to other dogs.

I had two dogs at one time with one being a beagle named Hobo and Remo who was a mix between a cocker spaniel and a dachshund (I"m not going to state in an open forum what my name was for that certain breed and get kicked off here before the wedding) and they got along fine. Guy lived with Bogart in Toronto and probably does miss his buddy and will enjoy being with the Queen's dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom