Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, General News 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck Meghan could be anywhere...she and Harry have proven very capable of getting around to various places without being noticed.

LaRae

People have now adequately responded to the inaccuracies of the DM article as they do with other inaccurate articles found in other publications - such as gossip magazines. Accordingly, it is now time to move on.

Harry and Meghan go to see Hamilton and Meghan gets her own private secretary.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Ended Valentine's Week With a Date to Hamilton | E! News

Hamilton is amazing. Meghan was lucky enough to see the original cast in NYC. I wonder what Harry thinks about the portrayal of his ancestor.

Meghan also now has her own private secretary, Amy Pickerill. Do they usually hire private secretaries during the engagement?

Meghan also now has her own private secretary, Amy Pickerill. Do they usually hire private secretaries during the engagement?

The article says:

Former Kensington Palace press officer Amy Pickerill is now an assistant private secretary in Prince Harry's office working on Ms Markle's official diary.

It was confirmed that Amy was her assistant private secretary a few weeks ago. I do also think she had her official RPO as well. There was a woman pretty much glued to her and Amy in Scotland.

It was confirmed that Amy was her assistant private secretary a few weeks ago. I do also think she had her official RPO as well. There was a woman pretty much glued to her and Amy in Scotland.

She had RPO before they announced engagement. Camilla Tominey’s piece the day before the engagement was announced was based on that as a sign they are indeed engaged. DM missed out on that story. They actually had photographs from that day she went to the salon, but didn’t catch the RPO.

I thought that was just whoever assigned at the time. She's had different RPOs each time she went out it seemed. I was more saying I think she has an official one now permanently to her. I could be wrong but I will definitely be keeping an eye out to see if this woman turns up again.

I was waiting for this. They’ve visited England, Wales and Scotland, so Northern Ireland was next. These visits are never announced in advance, so we’ll get a nice surprise when they turn up.

I figured they'd be headed there soon...I thought March though.

LaRae

That sound about right. I think March will be a slow month for engagements for Meghan. Likely used to really nail the final details of the wedding. Have the invitations finalized and sent out, the dress likely getting its finishing touches, and such. April will be very busy for the royals between HM's birthday, CHOGM18, Australian games, and the Cambridge baby. By the time all that is over it will be May and wedding time.

Last edited:
Boy these two are busy. Isn't CHOGM the week of April 16 to 21?

She had RPO before they announced engagement. Camilla Tominey’s piece the day before the engagement was announced was based on that as a sign they are indeed engaged. DM missed out on that story. They actually had photographs from that day she went to the salon, but didn’t catch the RPO.
Wow really? I never heard of this event, seems like a major slip for the BRF to not keep under wraps they gave her a protection officer.

Typical for us NI folks having to wait that long, always an afterthought.

:previous: Typical! They had to start somewhere and finish somewhere else so, you can please all of the people some of the people some of the time some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time. :D

Wow really? I never heard of this event, seems like a major slip for the BRF to not keep under wraps they gave her a protection officer.

They didn’t let it slip. She was photographed and they saw the type of vehicle she was transported in. I think Kate was spotted with a RPO before the engagement was announced as well. They will be assigned after engagement, but before it’s announced.

You had me scared. According to the video, the previous lance corporal(?)/retired horse was put to sleep at 30 years old. He was Cruachan III. H&M met his successor Cruachan IV.

You had me scared. According to the video, the previous lance corporal(?)/retired horse was put to sleep at 30 years old. He was Cruachan III. H&M met his successor Cruachan IV.

Oh whew! I mean, still sad for the former horse, but I was a really sad at the thought of the other one dying when we JUST saw him!

Posts about Meghan attending Commonwealth Day, have been moved to the The Queen and Royal Family Commonwealth thread. Posts about William, Kate and Harry’s Foundation have been moved to that thread and posts regarding the wedding have been moved to the wedding thread.

Let’s please stay on topic.

Thirty years old is a good life for a pony or a horse. RIP Cruachan III.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this is the proper thread but Harry and Meghan were polled as the royals the public can most relate to. Here is the poll.

https://www.thecrownchronicles.co.u...e-most-relatable-members-of-the-royal-family/

I can't say I am all that surprised about Harry but I was about Meghan. Nice to know despite the press and such wanting to paint a view of her not being liked due to her background and viewes that it would seem that is not the case. For now anyways.

Those are interesting numbers. I'm sure the press will bury this since it does not fit their Meghan narrative. Not sure about the polling or the source but it seems they do not get their information from the tabloids when it comes to Harry and Meghan.

Not sure if this is the proper thread but Harry and Meghan were polled as the royals the public can most relate to. Here is the poll.

https://www.thecrownchronicles.co.u...e-most-relatable-members-of-the-royal-family/

I can't say I am all that surprised about Harry but I was about Meghan. Nice to know despite the press and such wanting to paint a view of her not being liked due to her background and viewes that it would seem that is not the case. For now anyways.
Is this poll legitimate? Can we really accept the numbers at face value?
I am very skeptical of polls since Donald Trump was elected US president!:D:whistling:

No idea about the poll but I saw it tweeted by some creditable folks who don't seem to be questioning it. Just more surprised by the results. And when asked for more details learned it was conducted very recently.

2311 WHOLE people.. 'online' or 'in person', [out of 60 million, odd] ?

Gratifying tho' those 'results' may be, the lack of detail on how, or on whom this poll was conducted, and the miniscule size of the sample, leaves this 'poll' without credibility i'm afraid !

Last edited:

Yes, it seems to me that in general, most people around the world are realistic about our commonalities as humans. I also feel that most people are either neutral or bear goodwill toward two young people in love. Then there are those who tend toward jealousy and hatefulness, then there are a small smattering of racist thinkers, and then there are those who are very supportive of Harry and Meghan, including fans of Meghan from her Suits days, and then those who love her fashion sense, and those who are overjoyed to see a woman of color entering the monarchy for many different reasons.

There are all variety of opinions. At bottom, once again, Meghan and Harry are just two young people in love who are getting married. But the royal wedding aspects adds the OTT interest, romance, drama and scale of attention.

It makes sense to me that Harry and Meghan are seen as the most 'relatable' members of the royal family currently. That view has resonance. Even Harry said during their engagement interview: "We both know that we make a fantastic pair." I think Harry means that in terms of the way they both genuinely care about helping others in need, and that together through combining their strengths, they can do a great deal of good in the world.

In any case, it's a good thing that Harry & Meghan are seen to be so relatable. And it's interesting too that the public notices that when normal persons inherit the throne, they automatically become less relatable. So it seems that too is what the public love about H&M -- the fact that they can continue being relatable and down-to-earth more-so than William and Catherine can. In many ways, W&C's personalities seem to suit the roles they will inherit, although I also suspect W&C are much more fun, down-to-earth and rambunctious in private than they allow themselves to show in public.

Still, I also get the sense that Harry & Meghan have helped W&C to feel a bit more at ease and relaxed. As well, H&M can serve as foils as well as be very supportive both publicly and privately to W&C.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it fits that Harry and Meghan are relatable, they will have a formal position but not as fixed as William and Kate will have. I don't see any issue with the poll either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom