Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, General News 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if Meghan has been able to do that, (and it's true) it's a huge accomplishment. :lol:

As far as rules go, considering that for the past 65 years, there's only been one monarch and matriarch of the family that would do something a certain way, its quite easy to start believing that the way the Queen does things are BRF "rules". Its not like these events have been set in stone since the days of William the Conqueror. Its just the way things have been up until now in the Queen's reign and if we look, she's even changed things up from time to time.

Outdoor BBQs at Balmoral have become a staple because that is something that Philip enjoys doing. Its not something that Charles is going to feel that he needs to continue once his reign starts. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Clickable

Another one of those so called 'friends' sources. Any real friend of the couple, in the know about such things, wouldn't be talking.:ermm:

Amazing how so many "friends" appear so quickly after these announcements.:whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing how so many "friends" appear so quickly after these announcements.:whistling:

The best are the ones like 'the girl who knew her for a week in summer camp 30 years ago' or the man who was an extra on set for an episode, who come out of the woodwork with insight on the couple.:ermm:

The best are the ones like 'the girl who knew her for a week in summer camp 30 years ago' or the man who was an extra on set for an episode, who come out of the woodwork with insight on the couple.:ermm:
And we can't forget: "Her locker was next to mine in 10th grade," "We had Psych 101 at Northwestern with 400 other people," and "I delivered an extra large pepperoni pizza to her home last spring.?."

I'm watching the news about the California wildfires and I'm surprised the RPOs let Meghan go. If she is visiting family I hope they are in another location.

I'm watching the news about the California wildfires and I'm surprised the RPOs let Meghan go. If she is visiting family I hope they are in another location.
California, even Southern California and LA County, is huge. While the Santa Ana winds are no joke and can cause fire embers to move quickly over miles of terrain, there probably isn't much cause to worry over Meghan's safety. The worst she is likely to be dealing with at the moment are smoky, hazy skies and concern for friends and family who live nearer to the fires.

California, even Southern California and LA County, is huge. While the Santa Ana winds are no joke and can cause fire embers to move quickly over miles of terrain, there probably isn't much cause to worry over Meghan's safety. The worst she is likely to be dealing with at the moment are smoky, hazy skies and concern for friends and family who live nearer to the fires.

Yes this is a huge, sprawling area and while the fires in Los Angles, Ventura and San Diego counties are still an issue, it is very likely she's not near them at all. Her mother's home is not in the fire zone and is away from the foothills, mountains and canyons where most fires begin. Temperatures are higher than normal, so I hope she brought her summer clothing.

I found it interesting that Meghan pronounced 'aunts' (as in Harry's aunts) in the English way, rather that the American pronunciation 'ants'.

Regarding Bogart, I'm sure Meghan made the best possible decision; she seems a very loving and kind person. FUrbabies are always difficult; i myself have had to take my feline friend many times to the vet in the last couple of months, and he HATES to go; he howls and cries and is enormously distressed, but it's the best thing for him, and because of his 'mean mummy' he is now still alive (and happy) to tell the tale.

The "awnt" pronunciation is typical for African-Americans. I can't think of a single black person who pronounces "aunt" as "ant."

I saw that and just rolled my eyes. Meghan is well aware Harry hunts. She eats meat. She also said, in the past, she eats vegan during the week due to being on a TV show that requires a certain look (aka weight).

Will be interesting to see if she (if we will even know) continues that or not.

LaRae

Yes and Rebecca English is trying to cause a stir on twitter

Not sure how saying she tries to eat vegan during the work week, is spouting the virtues of veganism. She has never claimed to be vegan or vegetarian. And its not like it was any secret that Harry hunts.

Rebecca must’ve missed the Engagement Interview. She must not read her own paper either. I do not read the Mail, however I’m assuming the Mail covered the Engagement interview where Harry & Meghan said they were roasting a chicken when he proposed.

I get the impression Meghan embraces whatever is trendy, fashionable and ‘right on’.

Now that’s she’ll be living in Britain it’ll be interesting to see what she sticks with and what falls by the wayside.

Even if something she wears is trendy it usually seems to have a classic twist to it...or sometimes that California casual creeps in too.

But I can't wait to see what she does this next year, if she is going to keep a modern twist or what she does.

LaRae

The "awnt" pronunciation is typical for African-Americans. I can't think of a single black person who pronounces "aunt" as "ant."

Well, I hope that Meghan maintains her American English as much as possible. I did notice during the interview she said, "mom" instead of "mum". That made me happy.

I've wondering what she actually calls her mom, mother, mom, mommy, or mama?

I get the impression Meghan embraces whatever is trendy, fashionable and ‘right on’.

Now that’s she’ll be living in Britain it’ll be interesting to see what she sticks with and what falls by the wayside.

Actually, that’s not true. She’s talked openly about not following every trend because not every trend is right for you. She’s talked about having to find what suits each person individually. In fact, a lot of pieces she has a pretty classic pieces. Then she’ll add something modern to it and make it her own look.

And you get that impression from what :ermm:

A lot of people cut out glutten, meat and such when they are trying to stay in shape. Considering her job required her to keep a good body, being on a diet was likely part and partial for the job. She may very well drop the vegan on weekdays thing as she will no longer have the same demand as the job did. But then again she will want to look her best for engagements.

Not sure how saying she tries to eat vegan during the work week, is spouting the virtues of veganism. She has never claimed to be vegan or vegetarian. And its not like it was any secret that Harry hunts.

Sounds like she is trying to stir up trouble. I have never heard that Meghan is vegetarian. Prince Harry proposed over roast chicken, not something a vegetarian eats.

Just reporters being their usual selves. It’s like they’re trying to look stupid. They made a whole fuss when William and Kate requested a vegetarian meal in India:ermm:.

She’s throwing a tantrum because she doesn’t like it. Instead of saying that, she’s projecting onto Meghan. This isn’t the first time Harry has gone hunting, I’m sure she’s aware he hunts. And Meghan has never praised the virtue of veganism. She simply eats a vegan diet during the week to keep in shape.

Sounds like she is trying to stir up trouble. I have never heard that Meghan is vegetarian. Prince Harry proposed over roast chicken, not something a vegetarian eats.

Because she isn't. She never has said she was. Even before the roasted chicken proposal :D

French fries – I could eat French fries all day. And I love pasta. I love carbs – who doesn’t love a carbohydrate? But of course, when I’m filming, I’m conscious of what I eat. I try to eat vegan during the week and then have a little bit more flexibility with what I dig into on the weekends. But at the same time, it’s all about balance. Because I work out the way I do, I don’t ever want to feel deprived. I feel that the second you do that is when you start to binge on things. It’s not a diet; it’s lifestyle eating.
Meghan Markle: The Beauty of Balance For A Future Princess

This is what keeps getting misinterpreted (I suspect intentionally by media muckus stirrers) into her being vegan.

Well, I hope that Meghan maintains her American English as much as possible. I did notice during the interview she said, "mom" instead of "mum". That made me happy.

I've wondering what she actually calls her mom, mother, mom, mommy, or mama?

"Mom," probably.

I doubt Meghan will adopt a British accent.

Remember when Madonna married Guy Ritchie, she almost immediately adopted a faux British accent that sounded ridiculous.

The accent might creep in there in the years to come. She will be our American princess no matter what though.

She may not. Some people live in a new country for decades and never lose their accent. My nana certainly never did. I have a friend who is in his 30's who left the UK at 4, and still has a bit of the accent.

Even if not the accent, she will likely pick up phrases here and there as she goes. I lived in the UK for 2 years, never came close to an accent but I still use some british slang from time to time years later.

I've been in Texas (from Chicago) for sixteen years, and never lost my accent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom