Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, General News 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you believe no animal should ever be killed for any reason not just food it’s really strict. That’s why being a vegan Is really hard no way could I ever do it
But it’s nothing like eating Greek food etc

It’s a complete way of life not a type of food

Like many words, it has more than one meaning. One is a way of life, yes, but the other totally valid definition is the food eaten by people who live that way of life.

Ms Markle's diet [or anybody's but my own] is of NO interest to me or any business of mine..

Last edited:
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, General News Part 1: November 2017 -

As I have said before I have a family member who has a vegan cafe and lives a vegan life it’s very trendy to say oh I’m vegan another thing to live it no part or by product of any animal to be used by people.vegan is different to vegetarian

The thing is that there are a lot of restaurants that have vegan items on the menu. I can walk in and have a burger and fries or I could opt out for a vegan meal if I choose to. This is what I believe Meghan was referring to. She eats food prepared in the vegan way sometimes. :D

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, General News Part 1: November 2017 -

Doesn’t work that way you might have vegetarian food but you can’t prepare vegan in the same way. No way could you have vegan food in a kitchen were there was a hamburger being cooked As I have said it’s a whole life style but very trendy to say your vegan.

Last edited:
Doesn’t work that way you might have vegetarian food but you can’t prepare vegan in the same way. No way could you have vegan food in a kitchen were there was a hamburger being cooked As I have said it’s a whole life style but very trendy to say your vegan.

Maybe its different in Australia. Here in the US, Burger King fries are vegan and many restaurants offer vegan items.

For example:

20 Meatless and All-Vegan Options You Can Find at Popular Fast Food Chains - One Green PlanetOne Green Planet

Come to think of it, if you were to go to your family member that is vegan's home for dinner, you would eat vegan food. Then perhaps the next night out with a friend, you'd have a burger. You'd be able to say you ate vegan one night that week. This is all that Meghan was stating. Nothing more, nothing less.

Anyways.. we're getting sidetracked here... back to Harry and Meghan. :D

Last edited:
If you believe no animal should ever be killed for any reason not just food it’s really strict. That’s why being a vegan Is really hard no way could I ever do it
But it’s nothing like eating Greek food etc

The people I know who are vegan, it’s all about health reasons, has nothing to do with animal rights issues. But for some people- I know that is the reason behind it.

But- it is definitely a lifestyle choice. I couldn’t do it. Nor do I see a need to.

How in the world is this vegan thing being debated again? I think we've gone through that several times already. :bang:

I will sometimes say that I eat a mostly vegan diet. I heard many people say that. It just means that I try to eat a mostly plant based diet. That is ALL Meghan is saying.

As someone else said, vegan is also a word the describes certain food, not just a word for a lifestyle.

Last edited:
Meghan also made People Magazine's Most Beautiful List

Oh for the love of Pete, what has she influenced? Handbag and fan magazine sales? :lol:

It is no surprise she (and Harry) made it. In 2011, William and Kate (as a couple) were included on the list as well. I do like they were picked individually and whether one agrees or not, they are pretty influential. I don't care for everyone on the list (Trump, for example) but I can't deny their influence and reach. Good or bad.

Oh for the love of Pete, what has she influenced? Handbag and fan magazine sales? :lol:

Actually, Meghan has always discussed how important the issues to choose to advocate for is to her personally. And encouraged her fans to find their passion and do whatever we can to make this world a slightly better place. They’ve met a lot of youth leaders that have influenced their own community since their engagement, but quite frankly, Meghan has done the same as they have before in her own way however much she can. From when she was a child by writing to change a sexist commercial and volunteering in soup kitchens, to when she was actress by speaking up to encourage female leaders and highlighting issues that deter women advancement whether it be availability of drinking water or menstration pads. None of which she was obligated to do or will be criticized for not doing. Now she has a much bigger platform to speak up for the issues she wants to highlight.

:previous: Meghan in one impressive woman. :flowers: Amazing really. Unique. Worthy of being noted individually.

Busy news day on the royal front.

Prince Harry's private secretary, Edward Lane Fox, will be leaving his post in the summer after five years. Samantha Cohen, HMQ's assistant private secretary, will serve as interim private secretary.

For some reason, I thought Samantha Cohen's name was familiar. Wasn't she involved in some of the drama that went on behind the scenes or something?

It was expected that ELF was leaving. Nice surprise that Samantha is taking over for now. And yes she resigned last year after Sir Christopher Geidt did. Glad to see her back in the fold.

It was expected that ELF was leaving. Nice surprise that Samantha is taking over for now. And yes she resigned last year after Sir Christopher Geidt did. Glad to see her back in the fold.

I always get the giggles when they use ELF. But there goes the palace intrigue stories the media tried to spin. I'm glad that someone with this much experience at HMQ's office is joining Harry's private office, albeit temporarily. I'm sure after a number of years, they'd like to branch out. My understanding is that serving in the royal household is more of a honor as it doesn't seem to pay very well.

I wonder if this is what Omid and Emily was speaking about when they said they can't talk about something that they had a briefing about at BP?

Last edited:
I always get the giggles when they use ELF. But there goes the palace intrigue stories the media tried to spin. I'm glad that someone with this much experience at HMQ's office is joining Harry's private office, albeit temporarily. I'm sure after a number of years, they'd like to branch out. My understanding is that serving in the royal household is more of a honor as it doesn't seem to pay very well.

I wonder if this is what Omid and Emily was speaking about when they said they can't talk about something that they had a briefing about at BP?

No, they addressed what it was on a subsequent podcast. The briefing was about the Queen's television special with Sir Attenborough.

Oh good lord. The DM and their agenda couldn't be more obvious. The "Meghan is a controlling shrew" and Harry the dolt narrative is all about casting this relationship in a bad light. The tone in the article is dripping with derision.

1) The DM ran an article about three years ago about how Harry was getting healthier and going to the gym more and gave up "chicken nuggets" so this this predates Meghan.

2) Harry is at the age that folks begin to make lifestyle changes as their body changes and such. Harry has been steadily losing weight for a while now. I would hope he isn't doing the same unhealthy things he did in his 20s now. He also has back issues, which yoga is good for (if he is doing that).

3)IMO, Harry looks healthier now than he has in a long time. Happiness is catching like that!

If Harry is following a new diet, maybe he is doing it on his own because he wants to or for health reasons? Not everything has to be about controlling and evil Meghan, DM.

And plenty of folks quit a bad habit like smoking for their spouse. Michelle Obama made POTUS Obama quit after he got in the WH.

The DM is pushing a common narrative with confident and strong women and their partners where they try to make the men look wimpy or whatever or that a man having the audacity to change his life for his partner is bad. Misogynistic trash all of it.

Harry looks great, happy and ready to get married. Also he has always belonged to the same gym pre-Meghan.

Meghan does not just eat kale and quinoa but also meat. She is not a vegan. Her IG account featured lots of food. She has stated she believes in a balanced diet.

Daily Fail FAILS AGAIN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom