Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, General News 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Harry say he was doing the "Royal Requirements" of Meghan's position? As to her religious training, when I was Confirmed, three months of weekly classes and "daily homework" took care of things which at that time included not only memorising the Creeds but also the entire 39 Articles in the back of the 1662 Prayerbook and knowing what they meant.

I have to admit I was amused at Meghan's "dreadfully, awful bad manners" about not walking behind Harry. I should imagine a walkabout is exempt and the walk to and from church was not a royal engagement.

Hey what's this about Meghan not walking behind Harry? Sorry guys I don't follow the gossip news on the BRF.

Hey what's this about Meghan not walking behind Harry? Sorry guys I don't follow the gossip news on the BRF.

Meghan walked in front of Harry at their engagement in Nottingham, so the DM wrote an article about how Meghan needs to learn her royal protocols.

I guess they missed when Harry literally motioned her to walk in first. He did it more than once. He doesn't seem to mind so why should I?

Meghan walked in front of Harry at their engagement in Nottingham, so the DM wrote an article about how Meghan needs to learn her royal protocols.
Thanx! I just went into the curtseying thread and saw this mentioned; then someone posted vids of QM walking in front of George VI... and I found that funny.

Outside of where the order of precedence is to be followed (such as royal weddings and the State Opening of Parliament and appearing on the balcony for Trooping the Color), its not something adhered to very much. Most definitely the walk to church on Christmas day by the BRF was not one that followed precedence.

The walk to church is not an event at all. Its a private family event, we happen to get to see. There is no formal protocol followed, other then for the queen. We see them all mingling in different groups along the way. Probably the least formal part of Christmas at Sandringham.

Hmm, she was fabulous on the walkabout following all Harry's leads. What more can you ask for?

As to hosiery? With longer dresses she may just opt for lace topped stay-up sheers or other more romantic underpinnings.?

Hmm, she was fabulous on the walkabout following all Harry's leads. What more can you ask for?

As to hosiery? With longer dresses she may just opt for lace topped stay-up sheers or other more romantic underpinnings.?

Some people will never be happy. :lol:

And hosiery isn't really a requirement of any sort. It's just something they just do.

Not wearing hosiery is very American. Once Meghan spends a few years in the U.K., she might start wearing them.

I guess they missed when Harry literally motioned her to walk in first. He did it more than once. He doesn't seem to mind so why should I?

Thank you, I noticed that right off. He motioned her to go ahead of him. Not once but twice. It is a wonder that the haters failed to pick that up.

Pres. Obama did the same thing when they 1st met the queen. Pres. made Michelle walk ahead of him when entering the room. But then again they are American's & Doesn't go having to walk behind your husband.

I just can't believe how awful of her to have he nerve to walk either beside him or ahead of him, call the Banners:p;)

Reactions: ACO
What an absolute crock! I've been Googling my little heart out trying to find this "story" and guess what? I found an NBC article by Sephora Smith trying to whip up a "racial" story and a snide piece from blogger Noisey. But, where is the Daily Fail et al? Surely this is their territory.

It seems Sephora is "making her mark" trying to dredge up racism in the UK. She doesn't seem to be doing anything positive about it, merely supporting her point of view. Her article of 2 Dec 2017
Sephora Smith said:
"Meghan Markle engagement to Prince Harry exposes ‘quiet’ racism"

Disparaging reactions to Prince Harry's relationship with actress Meghan Markle have highlighted the racism and class snobbery that persist in British society.

The American will become the first person who identifies as biracial to join the upper echelons of the U.K.'s royal family when she marries Harry in May.
Well, of course, she isn't the first at all, I think Gary Lewis holds that somewhat dubious honour.

If there is one thing I cannot stand it is muckraking and NBC and this author don't sound like they're going anywhere soon.

They just deleted Meghan's twitter and Instagram accounts.

This is surprising. I just checked something on her IG a few days ago. Wonder why now all of sudden?

What, just now? And who are 'they', KP?

I would assume KP. Who else? And yes today. I was just on her IG earlier and it was up. I went to look for something to reference a minute ago and it was *POOF* gone.

Then I checked twitter and that is also gone. I figured they would be deleted by the wedding. I am actually surprised they weren't as soon as the announcement happened.

I am surprised it wasn't shut down sooner; after the announcement of their engagement, I mean.

The Tig instagram is also gone, though the website is still up with the farewell message.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Tig instagram is also gone, though the website is still up with the farewell message.

I'm wondering if they chose today because it's the opposite of a slow royal news week; right smack in the middle of yesterday's Charlotte pics, today's Brixton event and tomorrow's Cambridge events means that it'll be a footnote to existing stories, rather than a headline piece.

It must be symbolic for her, the end of her old life and the start of something new. I imagine KP would of liked her to delete it sooner but it is a letting go process. Judging from her reaction to the crowds showing so much love she is positive about her new life.

It must be symbolic for her, the end of her old life and the start of something new. I imagine KP would of liked her to delete it sooner but it is a letting go process. Judging from her reaction to the crowds showing so much love she is positive about her new life.

I don't think KP would be too pushy on that. She hasn't used it in a long time, and any old photos and tweets that can be dug up for stories have pretty much been dug up. There hasn't been anything recently from that like there used to be before she shut down The Tig.

I think she was aware, that shed have to close them down, but did it on her own time. All of this is a process, and closing her social media accounts may seem trivial, but when stacked among all the things she has had to 'quit', letting her do it on her own time was the right thing to do.

Sad to see her social media accounts gone - but understand it was necessary. She's moving into her new life!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question, Curryong mentioned in the Meghan fashion thread how today all the ladies at the Hollywood event wore black and that Meghan today under her coat wore all black so would this be a coincidence or not? And another question came to mind, today's event was related to the entertainment industry and didn't Harry couple of weeks ago do a spot on TV by doing interviews with various people even his dad, Prince Charles? Both these events are in the same field, entertainment and since Meghan is a former actress now, won't this be something that she could take on as one of her future patronages as she would have an understanding of that. In watching the videos today, she looked like she knew the instruments/technical things that the people there were using in their daily job. In other words she knew what she was talking about to them so I am thinking this was planned maybe as I really don't know for sure but all this happened today when all the ladies of wore black to this event in Hollywood. Radio stations are a large part of the entertainment industry as are the news/media stations as we all know........as I am half awake I hope this is understandable.....:whistling:

Tbh, I think Meghan wearing black was in no way connected to the Golden Globes movement. Pure coincidence.

I have bern thinking, that Meghan would be very eager to get involved in programs and organisations that tie to her previous jobs. A youth theatre, something with ties to entertainment, and I think Harry's interest in radio work is tied to that too.

:previous: That's reasonable and understandable, isn't it? If I am a newcomer of the royal duties I would pick the work that related to my previous job or the field I specialize in too, as least I won't feel lost or boring.

Is there possibility that she may re-open her SNS account after marriage? (having an individual account or joint account with Harry rather than represented by KP) (not sure is that possible in BRF:unsure:)

There are so many different areas that Meghan's previous experience in the entertainment field is going to come in handy for her. As Shakespeare has said "all the world is a stage" and when you think of the role of a senior royal working for the "Firm", it is a large stage. From being eloquent and being able to project one's voice when making a speech to being able to handle the press and the crowds and the ability to focus directly on the matter at hand (such as learning about the places she's going to), the ability to read and memorize lines come in handy in remembering the details of what she needs to know.

There are a lot of different organizations where she could put her talents to work for her and I would imagine that her soon to be father-in-law will gladly point her in the direction of some organizations. He's patron or president of over 20 different causes in the arts himself.

Meghan is coming into the BRF well prepared for her role, I believe. On top of that, she'll make an excellent team with the man she loves. She'll fit right into the "cast of characters" of the BRF as she did with the cast of "Suits" and be able to work with them as a team. The Queen's corgis were right in knowing right off the bat that this is a person they could love. :D

Sad to see her social media accounts gone - but understand it was necessary. She's moving into her new life!

I think also talking about the use of different social media platforms with the radio DJs also made her decide to take down hers. The timing kinds alludes to that. It has to be reminded to her listening to them going on about it.

I also doubt Meghan wearing all black had anything to do with the #MeToo & #TimesUp campaigns though I am sure she supports them 100%. I think she was just trying to be understated because the focus should be on the program and no her outfit.

Watching Meghan with the youth at the station seemed to give her a little jolt. She is always engaged but i think seeing people so passionate in that field was interesting to watch. Maybe because it is entertainment and she knows the struggles of that life. I do wonder if she would have projects in the future dedicated to helping train like this program did. You could see she was very keen in learning their process.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom