Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Current Events 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

soapstar

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
Hermosa Beach
Country
United States
35n8x1w.png

Arms of HRH Prince Harry of Wales

Welcome to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's
Current Events, Part One

Commencing November 27, 2017

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meghan and Harry will make their first joint official engagement this Friday on a day out to Nottingham, visiting the National justice museum followed by a walkabout, joining celebrations for world AIDS day then visiting Nottingham academy to see the Full Effect programme.

That’s great-they’re off and running!

Really looking forward to tomorrow’s set of official engagements from Harry and Meghan. Excited! :flowers:

Me too Dman. It will be good to see Meghan with Harry on these engagements after he's spent years doing things on his own.

The couple living in Nottingham Cottage is visiting Nottingham.

Sorry, that makes me giggle, so I just had to comment on it.

Looks like a busy day tomorrow!

LaRae

It is a very packed agenda. Slightly surprised that she is 'hitting the ground running' but I'm sure she will be fine given her experience of being in the public eye. However, I don't think there's anything quite like a Royal walkabout.

Meghan and Harry will make their first joint official engagement this Friday on a day out to Nottingham, visiting the National justice museum followed by a walkabout, joining celebrations for world AIDS day then visiting Nottingham academy to see the Full Effect programme.
I can't wait to see them. I bet there will be a lot of people to see them !?

It is a very packed agenda. Slightly surprised that she is 'hitting the ground running' but I'm sure she will be fine given her experience of being in the public eye. However, I don't think there's anything quite like a Royal walkabout.

Is this a lot? I know Kate started going to engagements before the wedding too, but I didn’t know how long after the engagement announcement. I thought it might have been pretty standard. The royal correspondence did tweet that Jason Knauf said she’s looking forward to going around the country and meeting its people in the coming months.

Is this a lot? I know Kate started going to engagements before the wedding too, but I didn’t know how long after the engagement announcement. I thought it might have been pretty standard. The royal correspondence did tweet that Jason Knauf said she’s looking forward to going around the country and meeting its people in the coming months.
I want to say it was a good 2-3 months after their engagement that Kate made any appearances with William - mid-February in Wales when she wore the brown feather fascinator and tweed suit. So, Meghan going out within a week of the engagement announcement is far sooner than I expected based on the Kate's roll out.

I want to say it was a good 2-3 months after their engagement that Kate made any appearances with William - mid-February in Wales when she wore the brown feather fascinator and tweed suit. So, Meghan going out within a week of the engagement announcement is far sooner than I expected based on the Kate's roll out.

HMm, I guess it also depends on what events that is already on Harry’s calendar. Also, she will be doing some travel in the coming months to see family and friends as well, so maybe we’ll see more sporadic engagements from her.

I hope she has figured from those before her, or has had a quiet word from some helpful ladies, about wrap skirts and tulip skirts and short skirts and skirts with high-cut vents or slits and every other kind of dicey skirt you can think of and what happens when exiting a car.

Diana learned this so early.

Meghan has been in the public eye, so exiting a car in a modest yet graceful fashion might already be in her skill set.

It was 18 December 2010 at Thursford
Ha! My memory has faded terribly in the last 7 years! Still 4 days vs. 32 days is pretty remarkable. But, as others have pointed out, Meghan is far more familiar and experienced with charity work and patronages than Kate was when she and William got engaged.

Meghan has experience being in the public eye. I think some of the BP staff realized that they had a 36 year old experienced actress joining the fold and are taking advantage of her confidence and ease with such a showcase.

Ha! My memory has faded terribly in the last 7 years! Still 4 days vs. 32 days is pretty remarkable. But, as others have pointed out, Meghan is far more familiar and experienced with charity work and patronages than Kate was when she and William got engaged.
And at the time Prince William was only part time so didn't really have many engagements

BTW, Rebecca English tweeted that Meghan will be traveling around UK in the next few months and getting to know its people. So I would expect engagements in both Britain and Scotland. I don't if Northern Ireland would make the list as Harry only had his first engagement there this year.

BTW, Rebecca English tweeted that Meghan will be traveling around UK in the next few months and getting to know its people. So I would expect engagements in both Britain and Scotland. I don't if Northern Ireland would make the list as Harry only had his first engagement there this year.

I think they could be making their way to NI in the new year. The travels is done to introduce the new senior royal to be to the people.

I’m just as excited as I was when William and Catherine embarked on regional tour after their engagement announcement.

I think they could be making their way to NI in the new year. The travels is done to introduce the new senior royal to be to the people.

I’m just as excited as I was when William and Catherine embarked on regional tour after their engagement announcement.

They really should no go NI, Irish Americans would not like this at all

They really should no go NI, Irish Americans would not like this at all

Zaika, Norther Ireland is part of the United Kingdom and what Irish Americans think will not play into it whatsoever. I'm Irish American and I'm thrilled to the bits that Harry and Meghan may go there. :D

I can’t wait to see the pictures tomorrow. All the happy faces in the crowd, the excitement of a walkabout. The magic and joy of it all!

I'm glad that Meghan is hitting the ground running with royal engagements. We always had to wait so long for news and sighting of the couple. We are gonna feel so spoiled. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Our perseverance is paying off. I'm also thinking there'll be quite a big crowd coming out to meet Meghan. Meghan will enjoy every minute of it and I just know we're going to see Harry grinning like the Cheshire Cat and beaming with pride every step of the way.

Yes, those long long months when there was nothing to report and we were reduced to discussing speculative (and sometimes quite nasty) articles from the British tabloids and fluffy mags. And now we will be seeing them together and interacting with crowds and each other. Can't wait!

6 hour time difference here (currently 4am in London)...not sure when their first engagement is tomorrow but I can't wait to see it after I'm up!

LaRae

6 hour time difference here (currently 4am in London)...not sure when their first engagement is tomorrow but I can't wait to see it after I'm up!

LaRae

It starts mid morning and will last for several hours. If anyone finds a live stream online, let me know. :lol That's how excited I am about this at this point. :lol:

Our perseverance is paying off. I'm also thinking there'll be quite a big crowd coming out to meet Meghan. Meghan will enjoy every minute of it and I just know we're going to see Harry grinning like the Cheshire Cat and beaming with pride every step of the way.
Yes!!! I remember those days. All we ever wanted finally came true!!☺

I am counting my blessings that I'm retired and can sleep whenever I feel like it and eat dinner at 5am in the morning if its called for and have absolutely no kind of a schedule to keep. Most likely I'm going to hold off sleeping until after the Nottingham visit and like Jacqui, would also love a live feed.

These months leading up to the wedding are going to pass all too quickly methinks. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom