Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Current Events 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the links etc..a great visit today to Brixton IMO.

I think we're going to be seeing a lot of acceptance of Meghan as she accompanies Harry out and about from now until May. From what we've seen so far, it does seem like people are really turning out to see Meghan and that has to have Harry grinning like a the Cheshire Cat as he proudly shows off his fiancee to the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great couple Meghan and Harry are. Meghan is a natural.

As for the engagement today, Meghan and Harry are a great team, they work well together. It seemed like an all around great visit with lots of love spread to Meghan and Harry.

I'm wondering if they chose today because it's the opposite of a slow royal news week; right smack in the middle of yesterday's Charlotte pics, today's Brixton event and tomorrow's Cambridge events means that it'll be a footnote to existing stories, rather than a headline piece.

I'm wondering if they chose today because it's the opposite of a slow royal news week; right smack in the middle of yesterday's Charlotte pics, today's Brixton event and tomorrow's Cambridge events means that it'll be a footnote to existing stories, rather than a headline piece.

I think they do want it buried instead dragging on as headlines.

She seems more relaxed here than she was at the Church walk, she came across as nervous at times. Today it's back to her usual self.

LaRae

^^^

Cute moment with a little girl who made them a painting. They really do light up around children.

Posts about Prince Harry's clothes have been moved to the Royal men's fashion thread, the discussion about Meghan's hair has been moved to her fashion thread and the discussion about Meghan's social media accounts has been moved to the General news thread.

I've deleted the comparisons between Kate and Meghan and the discussion about how much media attention each couple has gotten.

Last edited:
She looked a bit uncomfortable about what to do with her hands today. Just bring a bag next time, Meghan. :lol:
That was mostly because of the walk about. A clutch would get in the way even more. She'd have to grab onto the whole thing rather than just the handles.
I would safely bet that she was told to go with a clutch for "something to do with her hands". But Meghan doesn't look like a " daytime clutch" kind of girl unless it's Ascot. I think she had the right idea with her handbag. If HM can swing one for fifty odd years, I see no reason why it's more difficult for Meghan.

I have a feeling she's going to be a very popular royal no matter where she goes.

LaRae

Meghan takes the lead in a conversation with a member of staff inside the station. Rebecca English says 'she's a natural'.

The program director spoke about how impressed she was by how much Meghan knew about the program process. She clearly did her homework. So it's no wonder she took the lead. She was well prepared.

Harry is going to step back and take the position of squiring her around...he's proud enough to pop buttons and so very obviously happy. They'll have enough solo/separate engagements in the future it's nice he lets her take the lead but it there to guide her if needed.

Plus who doesn't love seeing how caring and protective he is of her and how tactile they are?

LaRae

Loved all the stories and tidbits that came out of today's engagement. The little girl who brought the painting is adorable. So glad she got the chance to give it to Harry and Meghan.

Great to see Meghan taking the lead. She is a woman who's used to expressing herself, so it's a natural role for her and it shows. Harry knows this and probably suggested/encouraged her to just be herself.

I would safely bet that she was told to go with a clutch for "something to do with her hands". But Meghan doesn't look like a " daytime clutch" kind of girl unless it's Ascot. I think she had the right idea with her handbag. If HM can swing one for fifty odd years, I see no reason why it's more difficult for Meghan.

The Queen has been 'swinging one for fifty odd years' because it is a security blanket for her, as she has openly admitted. Why should Meghan then 'swing one'? :ermm: It's so antique a habit. Even a clutch, except for evening wear (imo). The issue regarding what she is doing with her hands escapes me.

I can't recall, but does Sophie Wessex carry around a handbag? Or even Camilla? Or even Anne? For that matter, who of any other royal house carries around a handbag? :ermm:

I have a feeling she's going to be a very popular royal no matter where she goes. LaRae

Absolutely. :flowers: There is a reason she has been a success as an actress. She is appealing to look at and exudes charisma. That is not going to change.

Last edited:
I'm super happy today after seeing the video of Harry and Meghan getting such a warm reception in Brixton today... that really warmed my heart.

It was smoking hot...that reception.

LaRae

She is a match for Harry in the charisma department!

LaRae

I loved her reaction. Nottingham was a surprise to her but today she seemed just in awe of the crowd's response, like she couldn't believe this was her life now. The screams for her. It had to be surreal. It was endearing.

Here is a great video of the day. Shows some of the group chats with the teens.

I love their entire vibe.

:previous: Funny! ;) Sometimes, I guess so, depends on the day and the gig, but I would say not 'always'. That would be hard to prove, of course, but it is my impression. Just saw pictures of Mette Marit and there was no bag. Often don't see Victoria, or Mary, with a bag. Has to be a function of the gig, or how far afield they are going on their walkabout.

I am a private person and when I leave the house I really do need my purse/handbag as it's filled with life necessities. A royal on walk-about does not really need to carry such. My point stands with the Queen. Why the other women (sometimes) carry bags I do not know, only that the Queen says she does so as a security blanket, and that being so, I stand by my point that that should not then mean Meghan adopts such a habit. :rolleyes:

Still, this is such a minuscule point. That you spend the time to 'prove' a point (in your view) that is false is impressive but irrelevant to what I was saying.

I can't recall, but does Sophie Wessex carry around a handbag? Or even Camilla? Or even Anne? For that matter, who of any other royal house carries around a handbag? :ermm:

Yes, it seems like all of them are.

Still, this is such a minuscule point. That you spend the time to 'prove' a point (in your view) that is false is impressive but irrelevant to what I was saying.

Like, girl, just admit you were wrong. It's not that hard! :lol: And also there's no need to be unpleasant. We've all been wrong sometimes ?

On the more positive note, oh my lord, the pictures and videos from the engagement are great! So many happy, smiling people that were clearly smitten with Meghan and Harry.

I have to admit, while I had my doubts, Meghan seems really, really good at the 'job part'. She seems to be listening to people she's talking with and also looking good while doing it. It certainly doesn't look like she's doing it for the second time, so good for her.

Also, Harry has other clothes than the blue suits :eek:

Even though I am a bag person and also "always-need-something-to-do-with-my-hands" person, IMO clutch is quite inconvenient. I mean, you have to hold it in your hand, you cannot carry it on your arm or shoulder in order to free your both hands to do other things. I think in such casual/entertaining engagement she needs her both hands (e.g. wearing the headphone, I just tried it and I can't wear it with one hand, am I the only one :ninja:).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom