Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Current Events 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What all this getting out and being active and going about doing is telling me something and that is that Meghan is comfortable with doing what she and Harry are doing so far. If the public engagements had given her any kind of the heebeejeebees, as protective as Harry is of Meghan, they wouldn't be scheduling these events.

I agree that Meghan will be doing her homework and when she arrives in Wales, she'll be quite prepared for it. I also expect to see some very welcoming crowds. :D

I imagine they have folks who prepare briefs on the places they visit. Just enough to be dangerous, so that they can ask intelligent questions.

I also think with them being so active now that by the time she is officially a royal senior they will be a lot more comfortable having her start solo engagements.

:previous: Of course, however, this itinerary is being put together by KP, not BP or even CH. Harry is in control and he and Meghan are doing exactly what they said they would do, namely introducing her to the UK in the months before the wedding. So far it has bee a roaring success but I am sure they, The Firm and the RPO's are aware that this is only January and plenty of time for problems.

I think TPTB will be looking at NBC's part in trying to stir up trouble in what has been a very troubled area, namely Brixton. The people of Brixton, just like every other area of the UK, has its own problems, they didn't need outsiders telling them they should feel insulted because the visit was just a PR stunt. Basically, they didn't allow for the notion of them being proud citizens first and foremost and recognising what was and was not good for them .ithout being told by some plonkers.

It was a public relations success for all involved but especially for Reprezent, they have been all over the news talking about their organization and also giving props to Harry and Meghan for choosing their organization. What seems evident is that it was an authentic moment for everyone involved. I also noticed signs supporting the NHS which I thought was a great and also respectful way to get their message out without disrupting the engagement.

It’s all very exciting. It reminds me of the Cambridge’s tour after their engagement announcement. They are hitting the ground running and that’s great. We all are watching, especially here in America. The American media are following the couple ahead of the wedding.

Wonderful to hear about another engagement so soon. I know they have to ensure that things are going at a pace that Meghan is comfortable with, but after every event thus far, I've immediately wondered when we'll see them next. :lol: Good thing Meghan seems comfortable learning and embracing it all so quickly.

We agree, M.Payton. ;) It was a very honest, open moment, and if something seemed 'odd' I do believe it's a cultural difference.

I very much hope she never compromises her essential American-ness because she's now up at the 'big house'. :cool: I do admit to feeling some push-back when I hear comments like: she will learn, she will adapt to dress or how you do something, like there is a script for what is okay as a royal, suggesting that there is a mold that she must fit come hey-or-high. Saying such things about Catherine who is British might make sense since she shares the class system sensibilities, but it doesn't with someone from another country. JMO. :flowers:

Totally agree. ?

If the previous generation (specifically their parents and the Yorks) could of gotten it right. LaRae

Yes, but also there is far more media savvy in this generation than there ever was in the generation before. :cool: Particularly since (in fairness to Charles and Diana and Andrew and Sarah) they were being blindsided by the 'new ethics' (or non-ethics) of the the Murdoch press, a totally different animal from the respectful press of generations before.

I'm not sure Charles and Andrew (or anyone then) could have gotten it 'right' given the forces that were actively arrayed against them, never mind the personal peccadilloes of the players involved. :sad:

It's going so well this time round precisely because it went so badly once. Expensive (personal cost) learning curve.

Last edited:
New engagement announced for the Couple, by Kensington Palace -

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will visit Cardiff on 18 January "for a day showcasing the rich culture and heritage of Wales, and to learn more about some of the organisations working in communities across the country."

They should make themselves a little more scarce IMO, otherwise we' ll be fed up even before the wedding- except of the next wintercoat- and- hairdesign of Meghan' s of course:whistling:

They should make themselves a little more scarce IMO, otherwise we'll be fed up even before the wedding - except of the next wintercoat - and - hairdesign of Meghan's, of course. :whistling:

What? :huh: Are you making a joke? Fed up? I'm clueless.

They should make themselves a little more scarce IMO, otherwise we' ll be fed up even before the wedding- except of the next wintercoat- and- hairdesign of Meghan' s of course:whistling:

More scarce? They are hardly seen as it is. I am glad they are starting to tour. They should.

I think that you are making the mistake here of turning I into we. You'll be fed up before the wedding when they have been seen "too much", where most of us here can't wait to get to know her better.

How would you suggest they do that? They aren't making any appearances, not even out on dates. The newspapers don't need them to be out and about to write about them. Honestly, is Meghan was not seen until the wedding, there would be articles about failed engagement, she ran away etc (think Charlene in Monaco).

These events are meant to show her to the people. So the people get a chance to know her before the wedding. May want to get used to them, or stop reading articles, as not going to end. Its only the 3rd one.

Well, I’m sure people like you, who dislike Meghan, are going to get fed up.
However, all those people who turned up for their last few engagements seemed anything but fed up.

Looking forward to Harry and Meghan’s visit to Wales tomorrow.

Looking forward to Harry and Meghan’s visit to Wales tomorrow.

Yes. I think BBC said they are supposed to be there 1:30PM (1330) local time. I hope Sky News Live breaks in live again. :lol:

Based on the time frames they said yesterday should kick off in an hour or hour and half.

LaRae

I can't see enough of them !!!!! They are welcome to be seen every day !

I can't see enough of them !!!!! They are welcome to be seen every day !

IKR? My son wants a ride to school in a little while, but I do not want to miss a moment of their visit! I've never had royal fever before, but I really like Meghan and Harry together.

Richard Palmer‏Verified account
@Royalreporter

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are running late on their journey to Cardiff. Their train left on time but has been delayed by half an hour.

So it will be around 2pm local time there. 9 am eastern time US

Oh no! It's 12:15 am here in Australia now, but I'm determined to see them. Are any of the correspondents like Palmer and Rebecca English there, I wonder?

Oh no! It's 12:15 am here in Australia now, but I'm determined to see them. Are any of the correspondents like Palmer and Rebecca English there, I wonder?

They are both there and others. Victoria Murphy and a few regular royal photographers are there too.

Victoria Murphy is saying almost an hour delay

Victoria Murphy‏Verified account
@QueenVicMirror
Follow Follow @QueenVicMirror
More
Poor Harry and Meghan delayed by almost an hour on the train today. My train from London was on time but looks like they were unlucky. An argument in favour of the royal helicopter perhaps?

Last edited by a moderator:
Question: when the royals travel by train, do they get a special car or something? Or do they just sit down next to the hoi poloi?

Richard Palmer‏Verified account
@RoyalReporter

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are running late on their journey to Cardiff. Their train left on time but has been delayed by half an hour.

So it will be around 2pm local time there. 9 am eastern time US
Are there weather issues that are impacting the train today?

Just saw on Twitter, 20 more minutes!

LaRae

They just said it started raining. She getting quite the experience.

Are there weather issues that are impacting the train today?

I think it was just regular train delay. No weather issue.

Sky News reported people started waiting at 6:30 in the morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom