Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis, General News 4: Apr 2018-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Domhnall seems to have captured the attention of Charlotte in that picture. I get a feeling that she's going to be very much an animal person like many others in the family.

One report I've read on George's birthday said his birthday wish list only contained two items. One is binoculars for bird watching and that other is an electric kid's car. Wonder if he got them?

Cute little boy, and the bit of ginger in his hair. No problem with male pattern baldness with him!

There are pictures of many of the young Windsor boys with heads full of hair.....But he doesn't have to think about it just yet. ?

The new pictures for George's birthday are absolutely adorable. Clearly his mother has a talent for photography but having an adorable subject doesn't hurt, either.

I also thought it was quite nice that the Duke of York wished George a happy birthday on Twitter. It doesn't seem that we often see the Cambridges interacting with the Duke and I thought it was a nice touch that he'd marked his great-nephew's birthday when no one would have thought it odd if he didn't. Then again, the Duke does seem to be very good about birthday shout outs for the family. But I digress. A sweet gesture on a very cute little prince's birthday!

Oh, these are such precious photos. Catherine has a knack for photographing at the right moment - and love the photo the army posted too. Cute to see Domhnall got a mention!

Happy 6th Birthday to Prince George!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EAB5ERdXkAA7cQX.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EAB5ERaXYAEY7Cq.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EAB5ak0XUAIVzRC.jpg

First two pics were taken in the gardens of KP and the other on holiday. All photos taken by the Duchess of Cambridge

I am positively surprised that George was wearing an England football jersey and not some of those stiff, old-fashioned clothes that British royal boys wear. Good for him !

On the other hand, his future Scottish subjects may be not so happy about it !

Now *that* is going to be a humdinger of a good party. Although George is third in line to the throne, this party is tailor made for young children and their friends to just amaze them with magic and tickle their imagination and good exercise in a bouncy castle and have lots and lots of cake and ice cream and frankly leave their parents exhausted when its all over with. :D

Magic shows have always been the in-thing for 5/6 year-old's parties here in the UK - I remember for my fifth birthday I had a magician and his dog perform tricks at my party, and since he was the local magician I went to the same display for several classmate's parties that same year. It's no surprise that George had the same if true. Magic shows are great fun when you're a child!

Sweet photos of Prince George for his birthday.

I hope George's entire class is invited to the party, not just a few.
No way of knowing, since the article only mentions Maud Windsor and Mia Tindall.

But probably the Phillips girls will be there.

I hope George's entire class is invited to the party, not just a few.
No way of knowing, since the article only mentions Maud Windsor and Mia Tindall.

But probably the Phillips girls will be there.
In most London independent schools there is an unwritten rule that at that stage, you invite the whole class for birthday parties, rather than just a few kids.

Really?
What nonsense!
Why invite children your child does not play with or might not even like.
Aside from the fact that most homes and parents will not have room for 20+ children in their houses.
In most London independent schools there is an unwritten rule that at that stage, you invite the whole class for birthday parties, rather than just a few kids.

At the school my children attended, you just couldn’t give invitations out at school. If you sent mailed invitations (or e vited), individual children out of a class could be invited to a party.

Really?
What nonsense!
Why invite children your child does not play with or might not even like.
Aside from the fact that most homes and parents will not have room for 20+ children in their houses.

Nonsense or not, that is the way things tend to work here. This "unwritten rule" is really only till the children are about 8 (Year 3), when kids start to choose who they want at their parties.

Most parties are not held at home, but at soft play centres, local leisure centres or other venues hired for the event.

Nonsense or not, that is the way things tend to work here. This "unwritten rule" is really only till the children are about 8 (Year 3), when kids start to choose who they want at their parties.

Most parties are not held at home, but at soft play centres, local leisure centres or other venues hired for the event.

Yeah I'd agree with that, it was that way when I was young as well. It's so some kids don't feel left out if someone his handing out an invitation to everyone BUT them. But it only lasts when you're in infants really. And most of the schools won't have big classes.

Yeah I'd agree with that, it was that way when I was young as well. It's so some kids don't feel left out if someone his handing out an invitation to everyone BUT them. But it only lasts when you're in infants really. And most of the schools won't have big classes.

That's exactly it - a fellow Londoner, and I had whole class parties for most of my primary school years too. Secondary school is obviously a bit more relaxed and especially in the older years, students tend to just invite their close friends and their "plus ones". It's very rare that you'll get the whole class invited to an older secondary school student's party, or at least where I'm from. As a child I shared a birthday with a classmate whom I didn't particularly get on with, but even that was overlooked when it came to British party etiquette and we still had a joint party anyway (but I eventually pulled through and asked for no more parties with them, since their family took over and didn't consider what I wanted and treated it more like it was just their child's birthday). I think it's a nice idea especially since a lot of parties are held in public halls or places such as swimming pools as well as the home, which makes for a wider range of guests. However, I think it's probably only going to be successful during the infant school years when kids seem to all get along with each other, as once children find their own friends and people who they like/dislike in the class, it can get a little trickier.

And would you have a birthday party each year? Otherwise it could be rather expensive for parents to invite 20+ (or what would be a normal class size?) children to an event that they have to rent a venue or pay a recreation center for each year.

In addition, how many parties a year would you normally have? Going by a class size of 24, that would be 2 birthday parties a month (plus probably some siblings and other close family members' parties); or would they combine lots of parties (as in Hereditary Princess' example)?

How does Party Pieces play in to all of this? Is that for those renting a venue without any specific activity included?

Last edited:
And would you have a birthday party each year? Otherwise it could be rather expensive for parents to invite 20+ (or what would be a normal class size?) children to an event that they have to rent a venue or pay a recreation center for each year.

In addition, how many parties a year would you normally have? Going by a class size of 24, that would be 2 birthday parties a month (plus probably some siblings and other close family members' parties); or would they combine lots of parties (as in Hereditary Princess' example)?

How does Party Pieces play in to all of this? Is that for those renting a venue without any specific activity included?

What does Party Pieces have to do with miscellaneous children's birthday parties? George's birthday theme, probably, since his grandparents own the company.

And there is an awful lot of belief in a Daily Mail (via the Sun) article. I am taking it with a few grains of salt.

Last edited:
What does Party Pieces have to do with miscellaneous children's birthday parties? George's birthday theme, probably, since his grandparents own the company.

I was just curious what role Party Pieces play in the British birthday party industry (and given the close connection it would be logical if the Cambridge's birthday parties make use of their products).

I was just curious what role Party Pieces play in the British birthday party industry (and given the close connection it would be logical if the Cambridge's birthday parties make use of their products).

Party Pieces sells supplies for parties-decorations, plates, napkins, etc. They don't rent venues. Their website is fun to browse, lots of themes.

And I would think people would need more supplies for a party at home or in a park than they would for a party in a bowling alley, trampoline park, McDonalds, a pizza parlor or hotel pool, so I imagine for Party Pieces' bottom line a home party would be their preference.;)

Last edited:
Party Pieces sells supplies for parties-decorations, plates, napkins, etc. They don't rent venues. Their website is fun to browse, lots of themes.

And I would think people would need more supplies for a party at home or in a park than they would for a party in a bowling alley, trampoline park, McDonalds, a pizza parlor or hotel pool, so I imagine for Party Pieces' bottom line a home party would be their preference.;)

Ok, looks like you misunderstood (or I explained badly). I am aware that they srll party pieces and don't offer venues for rent, I wondered whether their target group is parents renting venues with no activities included. The impression was given that no home parties were given in Britain, so I wondered who their many customers would be if everyone went to an outside venue as in most cases I would think that those venues would take care of decoration and activities.

So, looks like the impression that home parties are no longer customary, was incorrect, which brings back the question how people host a full class of children ;)

I personally had a big class party every other year and had smaller celebrations with just my family when I didn't, but I went to a prep school where classes were smaller (there were 21 including me in my primary school class, whereas in an average state/public school class there is 30 children). I think it also depends on the parent's personal preferences - some like hosting at home whereas others like hosting in venues e.g. my house was too small to host the whole class, so I often had a venue hired for my parties. Though I remember a friend of mine would have themed parties at home (she had a large garden, so had the space to hold a class of young children).

According to the DM, the entire class was invited.

He may only be in his third year of school, but Prince George is already proving a popular pupil among his peers.

The third in line to the throne, six, is attending £18,000-a-year school St Thomas's Battersea, and returned to school after the summer holidays this month.

And according to insiders the young royal has already invited 'a few' of his classmates back to Kensington Palace, with his parents Prince William, 37, and Kate Middleton, 37, said to be 'delighted' at how well he is settling in.

However the 'wonderful' play dates at the palace are reportedly more complicated than the average, as every visitor has to be security vetted.
Read more: Popular Prince George has 'invited a few of his classmates for playdates at Kensington Palace' - but they all have to be security vetted, royal source claims

Popular Prince George has 'invited a few of his classmates for playdates at Kensington Palace' - but they all have to be security vetted, royal source claims

Well "vetting" is pretty normal given who Prince George is. The same thing is always done in the U.S. for the President's family. You can't just have any old body show up for a birthday party at the White House any more than you can at Kensington Palace. It's normal and practical, not news at all.

"Vetted"? Does this mean, nobody was vetted before? I thought, little Prince George meets the kids and their parents the whole week at his pre-school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom