Prince George of Cambridge, General News 1: December 2014-May 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another twitter post doing the rounds Marty91charmed - the Duke of Cambridge and little Prince George are being reported as being sighted feeding lambs, last weekend, in Norfolk.

How spring is that!

(We're entering autumn down-under of course, but how appropriate to the season.)

Another twitter post doing the rounds Marty91charmed - the Duke of Cambridge and little Prince George are being reported as being sighted feeding lambs, last weekend, in Norfolk.

How spring is that!

(We're entering autumn down-under of course, but how appropriate to the season.)
I saw that. How adorable :D

Camilla Tominey on Prince George in the public eye, lottery winners and bullied teachers | Camilla Tominey | Columnists | Comment | Daily Express

Do you remember the last time Prince George was officially seen in Britain? I say “officially” since outings to private polo matches and quick shopping sprees to Trotters don’t count as proper public appearances (and neither does his tour of New Zealand and Australia because it wasn’t in Blighty).

The answer, it may surprise you to learn, is that the British public last saw George 18 months ago, at his christening in October 2013. I say “British public” but the only people who actually managed to catch a brief glimpse of George in his christening robes were members of Her Majesty’s press.

Only 22 guests attended the “private” ceremony at the Chapel Royal, St James’s Palace, and half of them were royal. So really the only time actual “punters” have seen George in the flesh was outside the Lindo Wing on July 23, 2013, the day after he was born.

Camilla Tominey on Prince George in the public eye, lottery winners and bullied teachers | Camilla Tominey | Columnists | Comment | Daily Express

Do you remember the last time Prince George was officially seen in Britain? I say “officially” since outings to private polo matches and quick shopping sprees to Trotters don’t count as proper public appearances (and neither does his tour of New Zealand and Australia because it wasn’t in Blighty).

The answer, it may surprise you to learn, is that the British public last saw George 18 months ago, at his christening in October 2013. I say “British public” but the only people who actually managed to catch a brief glimpse of George in his christening robes were members of Her Majesty’s press.

Only 22 guests attended the “private” ceremony at the Chapel Royal, St James’s Palace, and half of them were royal. So really the only time actual “punters” have seen George in the flesh was outside the Lindo Wing on July 23, 2013, the day after he was born.

Well, I guess that's just how the cookie crumbles at the moment. Perhaps things will change up a bit once he's two, three and four.

I can't believe she is still harping on the whole seeing George in public thing. I swear that woman would still complain if they put him on display in the London Zoo.

He isn't even 2. He has been spotted out and about in a variety of places from Buckleberry to Norfolk to hanging out with Mum at the London Science Museum. He is a toddler. The options of official roles for a toddler are plenty limited. So if they take him out on the balcony for Trooping and you are a person half way up the Mall does it count as seeing him in person when you probably can't see him at all and would have a better view from your TV.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I think he will make his bebut on the balcony for the trooping this year. He'll be nearly two.

I think he will make his bebut on the balcony for the trooping this year. He'll be nearly two.
It depends I think. He is a kid with no say in the matter and it is his parents job to protect their child. So I'd rather they'd think of him than of the press. Remember, a flyby is no quiet thing. And a 2 year olds tantrum (which is a very possible thing) will be the front page. So I think it is up to the parents to firstly know their child. Like the Wessexes, Louise is with alot but not James. Probably because of their different personalities. They will be ready for different things in different times because they are individuals and a good parent can recognize that. Also, they have to take into consideration Georges feeling on that day. Has he sleeped well? A cold? Is he really restless. All this has an impact on if he will be there or not. So I don't think it's fair to say that he can be trotted around just because he's 2. It must be really gently done.

I can't speak for anyone else but I know, personally, my life will not be complete until I see George at an OFFICIAL event within the territorial boundaries of the UK. Anything else is simply unacceptable.

:rolleyes:

It depends I think. He is a kid with no say in the matter and it is his parents job to protect their child. So I'd rather they'd think of him than of the press. Remember, a flyby is no quiet thing. And a 2 year olds tantrum (which is a very possible thing) will be the front page. So I think it is up to the parents to firstly know their child. Like the Wessexes, Louise is with alot but not James. Probably because of their different personalities. They will be ready for different things in different times because they are individuals and a good parent can recognize that. Also, they have to take into consideration Georges feeling on that day. Has he sleeped well? A cold? Is he really restless. All this has an impact on if he will be there or not. So I don't think it's fair to say that he can be trotted around just because he's 2. It must be really gently done.

Yeah, but I think they'll bring him out for the balcony appearance. His nanny will be there if things don't work out. George will be okay.

Yes, Princess Estelle has been seen with her Mother/parents on several occasions, however MOST of the citations in her comments are really pictures of Estelle in certain situations. Apples and Oranges comparison. She is obviously groping for some to complain about.

While I think that George has to be eased into royal life, when you want to start with it? I think its a better way to have him grow up in a way that public life is there and that it comes natural with him. Public life won't go away, so a balcony appearance at 2 is fine. Do they want it to do with 5 or 6 when such an audience comes with a shock?

I am no fan of parading a toddler around but I can still feel the hostility towards the press that comes from William, there is no harm eg publishing a picture with the family for Easter. George is the future King after all, the public wants to see him grow up and bond with him. They don't want to see, at some point, an 18 year old kid who is a stranger to them. Its part of the parcel, I would say.

While I think that George has to be eased into royal life, when you want to start with it? I think its a better way to have him grow up in a way that public life is there and that it comes natural with him. Public life won't go away, so a balcony appearance at 2 is fine. Do they want it to do with 5 or 6 when such an audience comes with a shock?

I am no fan of parading a toddler around but I can still feel the hostility towards the press that comes from William, there is no harm eg publishing a picture with the family for Easter. George is the future King after all, the public wants to see him grow up and bond with him. They don't want to see, at some point, an 18 year old kid who is a stranger to them. Its part of the parcel, I would say.

Right. The child will be fine being held in the arms of his mother and father on the balcony. George will be fine in a picture of two with the family.

There are 2 balcony appearances with the RF coming out to greet the Queen back to the palace and the flyover one. The first one its minus the Queen and the Royal Colonels so if we see Cheeks, it's probably going to be the second one so that William can hold him and explain what's going on. Kate might not be able to lift him so soon after the baby.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Better to have toddler George have a melt down on the balcony with nanny ready to take him and ease him in from there than preteen George completely unprepared and uncertain and shy and realizing this is his life for the rest of his life and he has no real choice.

To be honest the chances of him having a tantrum would be slim. He will be surrounded by family and there would be so much going on for him to watch and enjoy.

She wrote that piece as if there are no safety or development issues. I for one think that trotting one's baby out in front of crowds to please the masses (read: raise the approval rating for the monarchy) is overreaching and can mess with a small child's world view. He will have challenges enough in his life. Let's give him a few years before he has to figure out why all those strangers are looking at him and yelling his and mommy and daddy's name. JMO.

She wrote that piece as if there are no safety or development issues. I for one think that trotting one's baby out in front of crowds to please the masses (read: raise the approval rating for the monarchy) is overreaching and can mess with a small child's world view. He will have challenges enough in his life. Let's give him a few years before he has to figure out why all those strangers are looking at him and yelling his and mommy and daddy's name. JMO.

I don't think there's any harm in George being brought out on the balcony after the the Trooping. If there's any harm to his world view, then it must have happened to all the other royals too, including The Queen. From what we've been told by William and Catherine, George is very interested in everything is a very happy kid. He'd enjoy being with the family on the balcony. It will be okay.

Kids are tough, adaptable and George by all accounts is a gregarious outgoing assertive toddler. He won't shatter or become traumatized by being on the balcony or having some cameras around for a limited amount of time.

To be honest the chances of him having a tantrum would be slim. He will be surrounded by family and there would be so much going on for him to watch and enjoy.
Chances of having a tantrum at age 2? Hihihih, sorry for the laugh.... :p

As the only purpose of George being out on the balcony would be that he is "seen" publicly and a good photo op and the kid has absolutely no clue what is going on nor the meaning of the traditions of the day and add to that a very loud roar of the flyover, I think it'll be a few more years before we see any of the Cambridge children out on the balcony.

Its been said that up until around the age of five, a child's primary circle is his home and his family. Its usually not until they're of a preschool age that they actually branch out to include others socially.

Childhood is short enough as it is and I hope W&K do their best to just let him and his siblings be a child as long as possible.

As the only purpose of George being out on the balcony would be that he is "seen" publicly and a good photo op and the kid has absolutely no clue what is going on nor the meaning of the traditions of the day and add to that a very loud roar of the flyover, I think it'll be a few more years before we see any of the Cambridge children out on the balcony.

Its been said that up until around the age of five, a child's primary circle is his home and his family. Its usually not until they're of a preschool age that they actually branch out to include others socially.

Childhood is short enough as it is and I hope W&K do their best to just let him and his siblings be a child as long as possible.

George being brought out on the balcony for a family picture after the Trooping, takes nothing away from him being a child. It's pretty much a family tradition to being out on the balcony (kids and all) for a few short family pictures. I think people are overacting to his appearance on the balcony.

Sluethers, can ya'll give us a rundown of what ages the queens children and grandchildren have made a first balcony appearance? That might give us a clue what to expect.

George is not a normal kid, has never been, and his childhood is not normal. Wherever he goes, he has security around him, people try to take a picture or are at least looking at him. That's his normality, even now, and he's growing up with it. I don't see why a balcony outing should harm him or interrupt his not-so-normal childhood.

Sluethers, can ya'll give us a rundown of what ages the queens children and grandchildren have made a first balcony appearance? That might give us a clue what to expect.

From The Queen, to all her children and grandchildren, have made regular appearances on the balcony since they were babies. It's no harm to the kids and they are protected by their parents, high balcony, troops, protection officers, etc.

Maybe a balcony appearance by Prince George would depend on what he is doing prior to coming out on the balcony? If he is screaming the place down and have a tantrum, obviously they wouldn't bring him out. If he is as good as gold and in an angelic mood, then they can risk him appearing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom