Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 3: May 2016-April 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he plays tennis, he is more well rounded then other royal kids :lol:

I didn't say hidden, like locked away in prison. I was referring to events. I was responding to a comment they should take him to the air event. I was simply stating that the couple don't seem to think that appropriate or needed right. Not sure why I am getting stoned, I know the rock piles form in rapid succession when anyone says anything remotely critical about these 2, but I said nothing critical. Simply stating a point, that we wont see him at the air show, as other than trooping, they don't see him ready for attending events. :bang:

It is fair to compare Estelle and George, they are only a year apart and Estelle started more than a year ago. Again nothing critical, nor did at any point did I say the Cambridges had to do the same. Simply that it would be nice to see. There is certainly a range of well adjusted royal children, who 'play tennis and go to museums' all across Europe. And they all had differing levels of exposure from a young age.

Certainly the one criticizing others would be saying George is 'more well rounded' then other royal children. Certainly seems a stab at other parents.

How would we know if he is well adjusted ? I suppose everyone understands we are talking about a 3 year old so playing tennis means waving a little racquet around and sometimes it hits a ball.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

My goodness, if I spent all my time commenting on royals I didn't like, there wouldn't be any time left in the day. I just let it go.

To each their own.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the age the Cambridge children are at, the most important thing is that they are able to be children. Adjusting to royal roles and getting used to facing the public and any of the other stuff really isn't a top priority right now. Both George and Charlotte's worlds are pretty much centered around themselves with the ones that they are the closest to always available. Its time to explore their world with wonder without any undue worries or stress.

I agree Osipi. IMHO a gradual introduction to their future roles is fine. The majority of the royal households have not expected very young children to be participating in events like the Swedish court. Estelle's involvement is an exception and not the rule. It appears to be working for them, but as far as I can tell most royal houses are not going to follow suit.

The current group of European young heirs to the throne: Amaila, Elisabeth, and Leonor were rarely seen at royal events when they were George and Charlotte's ages. Their parents opted to limit their exposure and these three young ladies appear to be very well-adjusted and comfortable with their new roles as their nations' heirs to the throne. I believe that the Cambridges will follow the example set by the other royal courts and William's parents.

Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 2: May 2016

I didn't say hidden, like locked away in prison. I was referring to events. I was responding to a comment they should take him to the air event. I was simply stating that the couple don't seem to think that appropriate or needed right. Not sure why I am getting stoned, I know the rock piles form in rapid succession when anyone says anything remotely critical about these 2, but I said nothing critical. Simply stating a point, that we wont see him at the air show, as other than trooping, they don't see him ready for attending events. :bang:

It is fair to compare Estelle and George, they are only a year apart and Estelle started more than a year ago. Again nothing critical, nor did at any point did I say the Cambridges had to do the same. Simply that it would be nice to see. There is certainly a range of well adjusted royal children, who 'play tennis and go to museums' all across Europe. And they all had differing levels of exposure from a young age.

Certainly the one criticizing others would be saying George is 'more well rounded' then other royal children. Certainly seems a stab at other parents.

I'm definitely not trying to stone you, because I see where you're coming from and I completely agree that there's absolutely no reason to believe George is somehow more well rounded than other royal children in Europe.

I do disagree with the idea that we can compare him to Estelle - not because they're not close in age, or because Estelle is the exception to the rule (although, she is an exception; not many royal children in this age have the exposure she has), but because age aside they're not entirely in comparable situations. Estelle is the daughter of the heir apparent. She is second in line to the throne, and her parents are both full time, working royals. George is not. He's third in line, and his parents are not full time, working royals. What's more, is the type of royal stuff that his parents do tend not to be all that young child friendly, asides from Trooping.

That said, I do think the Cambridges should get a bit more credit in this regards than they're being given. I'm not going to get into the debate as to whether or not William and Kate should be doing more engagements (that has been hashed out very thoroughly in far better places than this thread to have it), but they have taken George to more than just the trooping. They've taken him to a handful of horse-related events where he's been able to play on the sidelines while his father's played polo. I think they're likely to do more of that in the future, with the scope expanding as Will and Kate take on more duties.

Long story short: I don't think George is being hidden so much as his parents aren't full time royals, so his exposure is still limited. That'll change as his parents take on more, but taking on more is going to be a gradual change (at least until William is the heir apparent himself).

Last edited:
Prince George is attending the air tattoo today with his parents.

Replying to your comment and supplying evidence to the contrary is hardly "stoning". Its a discussion board. People discuss things including other's opinions.

Britain is not Sweden, one the Swedish press is respectable and two Sweden don't have the eye of the world on it.

Britain is not Sweden, one the Swedish press is respectable and two Sweden don't have the eye of the world on it.

I don't think Princess Madeleine will agree with this statement having her young children photographed at close range in a restaurant.

Prince George just had his first official event with his parents, a step in the right direction.

I don't think Princess Madeleine will agree with this statement having her young children photographed at close range in a restaurant.

Prince George just had his first official event with his parents, a step in the right direction.
That was in london. It's mostly the public who takes a snap here and there and sell to magazines or post online. There is simply not the same market for pictures of the SRF as for the BRF. Two different beasts.

Technically, none of George outings have been official engagements because they weren't in the court circular. However, he has been visible.

I love the first picture of George with his thumps up! Soo cute. He looks more and more like William imo.

As someone who participated in the discussion, I apologise. I was unaware of the effect this would have on you, I just found the discussion interesting. If I had known that you were frustrated by this discussion I wouldn't have participated. I didn't contribute massively and I often agree with your posts.

You don't need to apologize at all, as my message wasn't even directed at you. Really:flowers:. It was only a general comment, as everytime a camera candid of George or Charlotte is posted, the discussion about paparazzi etc is brought up. And the whole thread runs in ciricles. But that's only my view, and I wasn't even mildy frustrated with the matter.:flowers::flowers::flowers:

As some of the other posters here have said, members must stop comparing George to Estelle and other royal children.

George is a member of a royal family of a major country (actually 3 major countries) and 13 smaller countries, and which is also the most famous family in the world with a monarch who is the head of the Commonwealth with a membership of 2 billion people.

The Dutch, Belgian, Swedish Danish and Norwegian royal children come from small countries, and no one outside their own countries (except Germany and perhaps Australia when it comes to the Danish children) know who they are.

And as they said on Swedish television when George was born in 2013, he's going to get a much tougher and demanding life than Estelle and therefore also a more private childhood, because of the huge media interest.

Last edited:
You don't need to apologize at all, as my message wasn't even directed at you. Really:flowers:. It was only a general comment, as everytime a camera candid of George or Charlotte is posted, the discussion about paparazzi etc is brought up. And the whole thread runs in ciricles. But that's only my view, and I wasn't even mildy frustrated with the matter.:flowers::flowers::flowers:

I had gathered that your message was a general comment, though I did think that you were referring to the discussion which is why I wanted to confirm to you, but thank you for clearing things up. :flowers:

There it is! There's my first chuckle of the day. They're all important y'know. I love reading articles such as this one. :D

Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 2: May 2016

Probably the only true thing about that article is that George is having a birthday. The Cambridges don't seem like designer dog people. Kate's family has cocker spaniels and a golden retriever. William had a Labrador. Kate's horse allergy is unconfirmed. If she had a severe allergy- I don't think Lupo and Marvin would be around. Plus the Cambridges have been pretty low key about their pets - Lupo came from James and Marvin was a casual conversation drop in from Kate.

Where was the scoop reporting about Charlotte's first or George's party last year? It's easy to think they are going out and buying expensive things. But it is probably not true.

Last edited:
so cute that george is getting a Bolonka Zwetnas dog! i can't wait to see him / her sometime. adorable! the family grows: george, charlotte, lupo, marvin the hamster and the Bolonka Zwetnas... :)

:previous: I wouldn't count on it until we see a picture. This article stems from the 'they are looking at dogs' months ago.

This so called article is a joke. It reads more as an advertisement for party pieces. The theme may be one of 8 listed at PP. The guest list are random friends. Pippa is sure to buy a 'classic outfit;. Charles is 'known to give toy cars'. The train may have been leaked. :whistling:

The dog though is a joke, well their reasoning. Even if Kate's horse allergy was confirmed, which its not, doesn't mean she is allergic to all animals.

-good dog because has hair: Um, so do horses. Horses don't have fur. So if her allergy is to fur a horse wouldn't bother her

-They have Lupo, and cocker spaniels are notorious for shedding. If she needed a hypo allergenic dog, Lupo would be a bad choice.

She grew up with cocker spaniels, he with labs, corgis and hunting dogs. Nothing about them screams expensive lap dog. And that isn't the kind of dog you buy for an energetic toddler.

I've never known a healthy dog that only needed one small walk a day....:ohmy:

Picture:
Nice pic of George giving his royal wave-
Niall James Horan

This kid makes me laugh, but it seems like he know how important he is.

Especially the Danish kids are a great example, I've lost count how many photos I've seen taking the twins to school by bike, Mary or Fred wearing ordinary clothes, nothing staged about that. Yet there is no uproar on this forum when these pictures are posted here.

Well, obviously an exception to the rule.
Besides, even though following everything royal with great interest and enthusiasm I don´t recall having seen this scene so often you claim! Yes, I remember that twice or 3 times, too. But not as if taking shots of the kids every week or so.
Another example was seeing the danish royal kids as birthday guests of Nikolai and Felix arriving for their party. But in other lands royal kids being photographed outside official events is a very, very rare thing!

The difference of perception seems to be if parents are around or not. When George is photographed with his mother in Kensington Gardens or near a Polofield where William plays, nobody complained.
Here the children were out "alone" with the nanny and many people suddenly felt uncomfortable...

From the Battle of the Somme to England’s historic football world cup win, this new video series looks back at some of the major events of the past century and how they were covered by the Telegraph.

In this episode we take a look at Prince George’s story so far, taking in some of his cutest moments and biggest milestones in celebration of his third birthday on July 22.
Video: Prince George: the story so far

Skip it. It are just slides with some captions. Not that great.

Pictures of Prince George will be released tomorrow to mark his third birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom