Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 05:29 PM
Majesty

FINLAND PRESENTS HRH THE DUKE OF CAMBRIDGE WITH TWO HOBBYHORSES FOR HIS KIDS

http://https://finland.fi/life-socie...source=twitter

Old 12-02-2017, 04:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Christians should pray for Prince George to be gay, says senior Scottish reverend | The Independent

'Projecting' ANY Sexuality on a CHILD ill behoves an organisation that has spent 2000 years suppressing such impulses...
Speculating over the sexuality of a 4-year-old boy is demented, but utterly characteristic of the PC MANIA that has taken over the Anglican Communion in its ever more contorted attempts to stave off extinction in the Country of its creation..

Old 12-02-2017, 05:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Seriously I am a massive LGBT supporter, and I for one and am happy the church is stepping up in support. But this????? For anyone, especially a priest, to suggest people should pray a child is gay If George or any other royal is gay hopefully we have moved on as a society enough to fully accept that. But George is a child not a political pawn.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:02 PM
Courtier

This is the cutest thing: Prince George's Christmas list delivered to Santa by his father in Finland! A police car...

https://www.itv.com/news/2017-11-30/...-of-cambridge/
Old 12-02-2017, 05:02 PM
Imperial Majesty

Said clergyman would probably be livid if someone publically stated we should pray for George to be straight.

Beyond the pale. His bishop should reprimand him.

LaRae
Old 12-02-2017, 05:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Seriously I am a massive LGBT supporter, and I for one and am happy the church is stepping up in support. But this????? For anyone, especially a priest, to suggest people should pray a child is gay If George or any other royal is gay hopefully we have moved on as a society enough to fully accept that. But George is a child not a political pawn.
I agree completely - a child's sexuality - straight or gay - should not be used as a prop. Let a child have some privacy.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:18 PM
Heir Apparent

The reality is the CoE IS on the verge of extinction in Britain.. as a result its clergy [who have been 'lefty' for at least two/three generations] are DESPERATE to attract new 'blood' in their congregations. They imagine this type of pronouncement will do it !
They are WRONG.
Most 'natives' are now secularist/agnostic/humanist or merely uninterested. Ethnic minorities are [largely] Muslim/Catholic or Hindu, and the Christians amongst them are 'Evangelical' [Having NO time for LGBTQ rights WHATSOEVER].

We ARE a 'post Christian' Nation now, and given this sort of tripe, I'm glad of it..
I say this as a Gay Man myself, and one who was bought up, [very happily] in a CoE observant Family..
Old 12-02-2017, 05:34 PM
Courtier

I wouldn't even comment on this. It will just give more publicity to despicable, inappropriate remarks.

The Christian Churches do not need external aggression to destroy themselves: they are doing a good job on their own. How sad.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
The reality is the CoE IS on the verge of extinction in Britain.. as a result its clergy [who have been 'lefty' for at least two/three generations] are DESPERATE to attract new 'blood' in their congregations. They imagine this type of pronouncement will do it !
They are WRONG.
Most 'natives' are now secularist/agnostic/humanist or merely uninterested. Ethnic minorities are [largely] Muslim/Catholic or Hindu, and the Christians amongst them are 'Evangelical' [Having NO time for LGBTQ rights WHATSOEVER].

We ARE a 'post Christian' Nation now, and given this sort of tripe, I'm glad of it..
I say this as a Gay Man myself, and one who was bought up, [very happily] in a CoE observant Family..
The same in Australia. It shows the desperation the clergy are showing when they use a 4 year old child to make a point. This is why people are turned off by religions.

I hope the all the Cambridge children turn out to be happy, healthy and productive members of society. I hope their decision they make about their sexuality is met with full acceptance and no prejudice. I hope they find the same love their parents did, whether they are gay or straight.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I am almost at a loss for words. Notice I said *almost*. This is a prime example of why more and more people are turning away from organized religions and their spiritual leaders. Perhaps this reverend believes he is on the right track but I think he took a wrong turn somewhere at Albuquerque.

I seriously believe that each and every one of us is an expression of our Creator individualized. This is what is meant by "Love one another as I have loved you". There is no because in that sentence. We all express ourselves in ways that are unique to us. We are all different. We are all on our own personal journey on this Earth and working towards going Home. This reverend misses that mark completely by even suggesting how an individual soul should be or live his life.

Perhaps he needs an extensive refresher course in his beliefs or some serious soul searching? I don't know. It does take all kinds to make this world go around though.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I am almost at a loss for words. Notice I said *almost*. This is a prime example of why more and more people are turning away from organized religions and their spiritual leaders. Perhaps this reverend believes he is on the right track but I think he took a wrong turn somewhere at Albuquerque.

I seriously believe that each and every one of us is an expression of our Creator individualized. This is what is meant by "Love one another as I have loved you". There is no because in that sentence. We all express ourselves in ways that are unique to us. We are all different. We are all on our own personal journey on this Earth and working towards going Home. This reverend misses that mark completely by even suggesting how an individual soul should be or live his life.

Perhaps he needs an extensive refresher course in his beliefs or some serious soul searching? I don't know. It does take all kinds to make this world go around though.
Sad thing is he probably thinks this will boost people coming to church. One of the reasons many people have turned back on church is the close minded attitude towards gay people. He is probably trying to show the door is open to them by doing this.

The catholic church gets a lot of hate for their stance on traditional things, but I find they are or are becoming far more open minded then some. Even the Pope has shown acceptance. I find more hatred towards gays from evangelical family members then catholics.

The more these religions scream bigotry at people, and try to force their beliefs into laws, the more they drive people away. Sad. Jesus ate with pagans, tax collectors, prostitutes and more. Yes his so called followers think they are above that.

Just pathetic he drags a small child into his campaign for more attendees. Ridiculous.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:24 PM
Heir Apparent

The doe, episcopal churches in our area are quite full, vibrant, and growing. I can attribute this to the energetic clergy and desire of community by the parishioners, just my assessment. This is not my church but different friends, and it depends on the church and the minister. The very robust one I am thinking of down the street has a very outgoing, kind and gay minister.

Btw a terrific publicity grab and very inappropriate to use a child for,this
Old 12-02-2017, 11:31 PM
Serene Highness

Totally appalling
Old 12-03-2017, 12:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Has he been dismissed ? Haven’t read the article but surely he’s in trouble for this. It is shocking
Old 12-03-2017, 12:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
To be honest, this reverend's way of thinking ranks right up there with the recent article in the British Nobility thread where the Earl of Balfour suggests that his daughter can have a sex change operation to inherit his title.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Unbelievable!! As has been said, this is why attendance is down across the board in the respective Christian organizations. They're so desperate, they've lost the plot & I would NOT have wanted to be around William, Kate, The Queen, Phillip &/or Charles when they learned about this. Me thinks steam coming out of ears would only have been the start of their reaction.

Sad, sick, disgusting & he should at least lose his Parish. As for after...The Shetland Islands are part of Scotland IIRC. Those people must be need of Spiritual Guidance, aren't they?

Just a thought....
Old 12-03-2017, 01:18 AM
Moderator Emeritus

I'm not sure how much news this really is. Churches have always had oddballs and attention-seekers like this.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:52 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Charlotte has been described as a 'natural tennis player' after starting lessons at London's exclusive Hurlingham Club, at the age of two.

Princess Charlotte 'is a natural tennis player' | Daily Mail Online

"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to share two photographs of Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace this morning.
The images were taken by The Duchess shortly before Princess Charlotte left for her first day of nursery at the Willcocks Nursery School."

Adore!!!!! Lovely , lovely in the red!!!!!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTB89ToXUAA-OQ8.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTB89TpWsAA-xob.jpg
Old 12-03-2017, 08:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

According to Wililam she's crazy about horses too...I'm hoping she goes the way of Louise and/or Zara.

LaRae
Old 12-03-2017, 12:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Has he been dismissed ? Haven’t read the article but surely he’s in trouble for this. It is shocking

Today’s papers say that there will be no formal action taken against the idiot who made these sick comments. Unfortunately the Church of England now sees itself as a political organisation and behaves as such - with very little accountability. At the very least a formal (though private) apology should have been sent to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince george of cambridge, princess charlotte of cambridge