Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News Part 3: May 2016-April 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am almost at a loss for words. Notice I said *almost*. This is a prime example of why more and more people are turning away from organized religions and their spiritual leaders. Perhaps this reverend believes he is on the right track but I think he took a wrong turn somewhere at Albuquerque.

I seriously believe that each and every one of us is an expression of our Creator individualized. This is what is meant by "Love one another as I have loved you". There is no because in that sentence. We all express ourselves in ways that are unique to us. We are all different. We are all on our own personal journey on this Earth and working towards going Home. This reverend misses that mark completely by even suggesting how an individual soul should be or live his life.

Perhaps he needs an extensive refresher course in his beliefs or some serious soul searching? I don't know. It does take all kinds to make this world go around though.

Sad thing is he probably thinks this will boost people coming to church. One of the reasons many people have turned back on church is the close minded attitude towards gay people. He is probably trying to show the door is open to them by doing this.

The catholic church gets a lot of hate for their stance on traditional things, but I find they are or are becoming far more open minded then some. Even the Pope has shown acceptance. I find more hatred towards gays from evangelical family members then catholics.

The more these religions scream bigotry at people, and try to force their beliefs into laws, the more they drive people away. Sad. Jesus ate with pagans, tax collectors, prostitutes and more. Yes his so called followers think they are above that.

Just pathetic he drags a small child into his campaign for more attendees. Ridiculous.

The doe, episcopal churches in our area are quite full, vibrant, and growing. I can attribute this to the energetic clergy and desire of community by the parishioners, just my assessment. This is not my church but different friends, and it depends on the church and the minister. The very robust one I am thinking of down the street has a very outgoing, kind and gay minister.

Btw a terrific publicity grab and very inappropriate to use a child for,this

Last edited by a moderator:
Has he been dismissed ? Haven’t read the article but surely he’s in trouble for this. It is shocking

To be honest, this reverend's way of thinking ranks right up there with the recent article in the British Nobility thread where the Earl of Balfour suggests that his daughter can have a sex change operation to inherit his title. :eek:

Unbelievable!! As has been said, this is why attendance is down across the board in the respective Christian organizations. They're so desperate, they've lost the plot & I would NOT have wanted to be around William, Kate, The Queen, Phillip &/or Charles when they learned about this. Me thinks steam coming out of ears would only have been the start of their reaction.

Sad, sick, disgusting & he should at least lose his Parish. As for after...The Shetland Islands are part of Scotland IIRC. Those people must be need of Spiritual Guidance, aren't they?

Just a thought....

I'm not sure how much news this really is. Churches have always had oddballs and attention-seekers like this.

Last edited:
Princess Charlotte has been described as a 'natural tennis player' after starting lessons at London's exclusive Hurlingham Club, at the age of two.

Princess Charlotte 'is a natural tennis player' | Daily Mail Online

"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very pleased to share two photographs of Princess Charlotte at Kensington Palace this morning.
The images were taken by The Duchess shortly before Princess Charlotte left for her first day of nursery at the Willcocks Nursery School."

Adore!!!!! Lovely , lovely in the red!!!!!!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTB89ToXUAA-OQ8.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DTB89TpWsAA-xob.jpg

According to Wililam she's crazy about horses too...I'm hoping she goes the way of Louise and/or Zara.

LaRae

Has he been dismissed ? Haven’t read the article but surely he’s in trouble for this. It is shocking

Today’s papers say that there will be no formal action taken against the idiot who made these sick comments. Unfortunately the Church of England now sees itself as a political organisation and behaves as such - with very little accountability. At the very least a formal (though private) apology should have been sent to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

According to Wililam she's crazy about horses too...I'm hoping she goes the way of Louise and/or Zara.

LaRae

I agree would love to see her as the next generation horsewoman. Granny is getting too old to be out riding with her like Louise, but maybe a few visits to Great Aunt Anne and cousin Zara at Gatcombe are in order. She could be out riding with Mia and Peter's girls who are all said to be taking to riding.

Cute image in my head of a two year old with a tennis raquet though.?

The Queen was photographed out riding a couple weeks ago, so I wouldn’t say she’s too old to ride with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren yet.

The Queen was photographed out riding a couple weeks ago, so I wouldn’t say she’s too old to ride with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren yet.

I meant by the time Charlotte is old enough to be out on her own pony accompanying the queen like Louise and James do. It likely will be another two years or more. And while the queen is riding now, the way she is slowing down, the chances she will be up for riding with Charlotte in a few years is minimal sadly.

I agree would love to see her as the next generation horsewoman. Granny is getting too old to be out riding with her like Louise, but maybe a few visits to Great Aunt Anne and cousin Zara at Gatcombe are in order. She could be out riding with Mia and Peter's girls who are all said to be taking to riding.

Cute image in my head of a two year old with a tennis raquet though.?

She may have already been riding with Mia...the parents all appear to be close, hope to see a pic of that sometime!

LaRae

Seems like I remember reading they both (George and Charlotte) had ponies.

LaRae

Yeah I don't remember...just thought I saw it said somewhere. Could of just been bad phrasing in the article too. Both of them are learning to ride.

LaRae

Cute to hear that Charlotte is learning tennis and I like how the Cambridges share these little anecdotes with us on royal visits.

This is the cutest thing: Prince George's Christmas list delivered to Santa by his father in Finland! A police car...

https://www.itv.com/news/2017-11-30...n-letter-hand-delivered-by-duke-of-cambridge/

Oh, that's super cute! George has quite good writing for a four-year-old, I have to say. I love how he was given multiple options but "a police car" was the only thing he wrote down. Hope a police car arrives under the Christmas tree at Sandringham on Christmas Day - preferably a toy one, not a real life one :D

:previous: As William said himself, since George only asked for one thing, he didn't think it was too much of a request ;) Most kids I know seem to have a list a mile long.

I remember having to rescue my Uncle. His little girl asked for only one thing for Christmas from santa, a Pegasus. Her mom (my Uncle's second wife is Vietnamese) didn't understand the whole Santa thing and she just bought her daughter clothes. Jennifer was so upset that Santa had forgot her Pegasus. I was going for dinner on Boxing day and hit a store open that day and found her one. Hid it out near where they leave hay for the reindeer (actually for the deer in their yard but kids think reindeer) and took her out. To this day she thinks the reindeer played a silly game on her and hid her gift.

I am sure George will have a great little police car under the tree.:cool:

Princess Charlotte has been described as a 'natural tennis player' after starting lessons at London's exclusive Hurlingham Club, at the age of two.

Princess Charlotte 'is a natural tennis player' | Daily Mail Online

How could they know she was not "invited by a member" to take lessons? And am I the only one to think this is highly unlikely at her age? The stuff they print and re-report in print journalism seems :whistling:

I can understand that children love to whack things from an early age. And I can imagine children whacking tennis balls when their parents take a water break. I also imagine them whacking tennis rackets, the net, etc when their parents take a water break.

But lessons seems a bridge too far. But then maybe she is a prodigy. Wimbledon 2035? ;)

I imagine tennis lessons geared for 2 1/2 year olds are just basic skills and not very involved.

Cute to hear that Charlotte is learning tennis and I like how the Cambridges share these little anecdotes with us on royal visits.

Oh, that's super cute! George has quite good writing for a four-year-old, I have to say. I love how he was given multiple options but "a police car" was the only thing he wrote down. Hope a police car arrives under the Christmas tree at Sandringham on Christmas Day - preferably a toy one, not a real life one :D

He also circled "I have been naughty/nice" this year! I bet he will find a police car under the tree...:xmastree:

I wonder if the story on Princess Charlotte taking tennis lessons is true. It seems unlikely: she's way too young to take forma lessons! Maybe someone saw her hitting a few balls at that club and got carried away with the story... I am sure she will play well and also ride horses.

Prince William went to George’s school’s nativity play today. He said it was funny. George played a sheep. Even being the future king doesn’t get you the leading role :D

Last edited:
How could they know she was not "invited by a member" to take lessons? And am I the only one to think this is highly unlikely at her age? The stuff they print and re-report in print journalism seems :whistling:

I can understand that children love to whack things from an early age. And I can imagine children whacking tennis balls when their parents take a water break. I also imagine them whacking tennis rackets, the net, etc when their parents take a water break.

But lessons seems a bridge too far. But then maybe she is a prodigy. Wimbledon 2035? ;)

Actually, at least in the U.S., there are lessons for very young children. The racket is scaled down and the court is also scaled down. The children are fed the balls and they stand in a circle (with a cartoon character painted on the ground) and hit as many as they can. The balls are colorful and the racket is colorful and the kids have loads of fun. It's usually a group though. I've never seen a private lesson. Seems to me a group lesson would be more fun for an almost three year old. Private lessons shouldn't start before five, I think.

Anyway, if Charlotte takes to tennis she has her Aunt Pippa, along with her mother, to encourage her. Tennis is a lot of fun, even if you have no idea of being a pro. I loved playing when I was younger.

If you go through the biographies of a lot of the top-ranked tennis players, a significant percentage of them started before the age of 5. Andy Murray and Steffi Graff both started at 3, for example.

Since the Cambridge's have a court at Anmer, Charlotte's probably watched her mother play a fair bit and probably started the "whacking balls" bit as soon as they'd let her onto the court.

Yes that is true that many started at an early age. Former US Open Champion Tracy Austin is a local resident and her mother Jean had her start lessons early. I've read before that apparently Tracy was knocking over their table lamps and other household items because she wouldn't let go of her scaled down racquet. She just loved the game from an early age.

http://blogs.dailybreeze.com/histor...south-bay-tennis-courts-to-no-1-in-the-world/

Last edited:
Yes that is true that many started at an early age. Former US Open Champion Tracy Austin is a local resident and her mother Jean had her start lessons early. I've read before that apparently Tracy was knocking over their table lamps and other household items because she wouldn't let go of her scaled down racquet. She just loved the game from an early age.

Tracy Austin’s rise from South Bay tennis courts to No. 1 in the world | South Bay History

And Tracey was a true prodigy. She won the U.S. Open when she was, I think, 15. I remember her in pigtails and cute dresses that her mother made for her. Too bad her career was over by her early 20s because of injuries. She's a really good commentator though.

P.S.: One of her sons is a very good college player and will probably turn pro pretty soon. Oh my! The years . . . they fly.:ohmy:

And Tracey was a true prodigy. She won the U.S. Open when she was, I think, 15. I remember her in pigtails and cute dresses that her mother made for her. Too bad her career was over by her early 20s because of injuries. She's a really good commentator though.

P.S.: One of her sons is a very good college player and will probably turn pro pretty soon. Oh my! The years . . . they fly.:ohmy:

Wow time has flown when you realize that one of her sons is now in college. It is a shame that injuries from tennis and her car accident in the 1990's ended her career. I agree that her commentating role suits her.
I saw her at the beach a couple of years ago participating in a charity event which happened to have her sister-in-law Denise Austin as one of the hosts.?

I agree..beyond cute and I LOVE the outfit!

She's still reminding me of the Queen.

LaRae

Two lovely photos of Charlotte setting off for her big first day. Just gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom