The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 12:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

I assume no one is surprised right? Non-news.

LaRae

Old 02-24-2017, 06:44 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

As George is almost starting school, a number of posts have been moved to an older thread from 2013 - http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...rge-35822.html.

Please continue the education discussion there.

Old 02-26-2017, 05:59 AM
Courtier

From the family day party outing during their last Royal Tour, I would say Charlotte is much more of a go getter than George. She lunges forward while he (and as we have seen so far) tends to hold back.

Do we have mini me Kate and Wills?!

They will be an interesting duo to watch growing up.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
The royal mom of two was on hand to officially open the “home away from home” for families whose kids are being treated at nearby Evelina Hospital.

While inside, 4-year-old James Wheeler asked her, “Where’s George today?” To which Kate replied: “George? I should have brought him. “He’s at his Montessori nursery today making pancakes.”

The young boy then excitedly told Kate, “There’s a thunderstorm coming!”

Kate replied: “Yes, I know all about those. George likes storms, too!”
Read more: Prince George Is 'Making Pancakes' at School, Says Mom Kate
Old 03-09-2017, 09:27 AM
Majesty

Sounds like Charlotte is giving George all he can handle

Emily Nash‏ @emynash
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were talking to veterans + families after the service of dedication for the new Iraq Afghanistan memorial

Emily Nash‏ @emynash
Kate said today that Princess Charlotte is "the one in charge", but that she and Prince George are "becoming really good friends"
Old 03-11-2017, 11:13 AM
Majesty

People Magazine

Princess Charlotte will be two years old on May 2 — but she’s got a personality way bigger than her little size would have you believe. Here is everything we know about the feisty, fun-loving little princess:

Everything We Know About Princess Charlotte's Personality
Old 03-11-2017, 11:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sounds like she's a real corker!

LaRae
Old 03-11-2017, 12:03 PM
Courtier

I always get the feeling that george and charlotte are the reincarnation of charles and anne when they were little , george is a little shy but charlotte is feisty and a little wild .
Old 03-11-2017, 12:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Another useless article which reveals nothing new. Just trying to get readers. I used to love People.

Should have waited until her second birthday to reveal such ground breaking news as she likes to eat candy canes at Christmas, and she is cute. At least then there would likely be new photos of her to include.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:40 AM
Imperial Majesty

Sorry but it looks cheap. Buy better quality from the Disney store. And seems to have as much to do with Charlotte as Disney items would.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:26 AM
Majesty

'Kensington Palace' refers to Historic Royal Palaces, the charity who are responsible for Kensington Palace.

It has nothing to do with the Cambridges. Just thought I'd clarify because when people see KP a lot of times they think it means William and Catherine.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:42 AM
Heir Apparent

This should be moved to the KP residence thread since it doesn't have anything to do with the real Charlotte.

The gift shops at KP and the Tower of London have a wide variety of stuff in the them some very high end and others not so high end. This is some low end stuff for little kids.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:22 AM
Imperial Majesty

Families scramble to buy £4m homes near Prince George's new school: new report reveals a 60 per cent leap in enquiries for homes near Thomas's Battersea | Homes and Property

"Huge leap in enquiries from parents seeking £4 million-plus homes near £6,000-a-term Thomas’s Battersea day school."

What a sweet little girl!! Happy Birthday for tomorrow!!
Old 04-14-2017, 10:34 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Families scramble to buy £4m homes near Prince George's new school: new report reveals a 60 per cent leap in enquiries for homes near Thomas's Battersea | Homes and Property

"Huge leap in enquiries from parents seeking £4 million-plus homes near £6,000-a-term Thomas’s Battersea day school."
This type of reaction in "social climbing" always amazes me. Just don't get it. Almost comical.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:55 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Sorry but it looks cheap. Buy better quality from the Disney store. And seems to have as much to do with Charlotte as Disney items would.
These lower priced items for children have always been around in the "official" stores for years to compensate the young ones while parents purchase higher quality items. I remember very well receiving a "Princess Anne "purse from an aunt when she visited KP decades ago.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

What George will wear on his first day at school* | Daily Mail Online

Nice uniforms. One thing I believe in, school uniforms. I just hope after the first day, he'll be left alone.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-14-2017, 05:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

I am sorry the photos are creepy. They should have just had the child model. Just looks bizarre.

I never got the whole uniform thing. But I guess because it's not very common here. Went to catholic school and we didn't even have the stereotypical uniform. The military academy here in town is the only one I can think of. And now that it's merged with the dance school and sports, it's basically at shirt.

Hopefully the couple release a private photo like they did when he started preschool. Then we can see him, but he doesn't get interrupted by press. Honestly since Kate is a photographer, they could deal with the demand for photos by simply releasing private photos once in a while. The kids would not know the difference, oh mommy is just taking another photo.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:59 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I attended Catholic schools in the 50s-60s (graduated in 70) and uniforms were a requirement. I think the implication of everyone in the same clothes stresses that everyone in the school were all one and the same. Skirts had to be at least a certain length and boy's hair had to be above their collars. Although it was widely proclaimed that patent leather shoes were a no-no because they reflect up, I never ran into that situation myself. Uniforms also detract from the ever prevalent "fashion trends" that crop up in schools. Catholic schools, as I see them now, have mostly done away with the uniform thing.

Perhaps uniforms also are conductive to a pride in school spirit? Wherever a child is seen in that uniform, it reflects the school itself.

Just some musings on my part here.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post

Was George's attendance at Thomas's announced before or after all the other offers were confirmed? Because if I were a parent who'd chosen this school for my child and then found out the news I'd have concerns. Not because of the prince himself, who seems like a sweet little boy, but because of the chaos even a few social climbing parents could cause. Hopefully the school's admissions staff are good at sniffing out crazy.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
Was George's attendance at Thomas's announced before or after all the other offers were confirmed? Because if I were a parent who'd chosen this school for my child and then found out the news I'd have concerns. Not because of the prince himself, who seems like a sweet little boy, but because of the chaos even a few social climbing parents could cause. Hopefully the school's admissions staff are good at sniffing out crazy.
I'm pretty sure it was announced after everyone was accepted in already.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince george of cambridge, princess charlotte of cambridge