Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News 2: May 2015 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also assume the Express is cancelling their own Twitter account and using some form of smoke signal. Can't be caught using 'U.S. based social media'

I always thought it was the Native Americans of yore that employed the use of smoke signals primarily. At least that's where I heard of it the most. Wouldn't that be another form of "US based social media"? :ROFLMAO:

But seriously, the pictures were set up to be released by all the media at the same precise time and Twitter only got 1 of them first.

Someone should hand Richard some cheese to go with his whine.

Richard Palmer always takes a swipe at certain royals. He has admitted in the past that the only two royals he likes are Camilla and Harry to a lesser extent . He tends to favorite a lot of mean-spirited tweets too. Most royal reporters are heavily biased. That's why I like that the royals are starting to use social media more frequently, they can bypass the media spin and 'color commentary'. I hope all official photos of George and Charlotte are released this way.

Richard Palmer always takes a swipe at certain royals. He has admitted in the past that the only two royals he likes are Camilla and Harry to a lesser extent . He tends to favorite a lot of mean-spirited tweets too. Most royal reporters are heavily biased. That's why I like that the royals are starting to use social media more frequently, they can bypass the media spin and 'color commentary'. I hope all official photos of George and Charlotte are released this way.

Good heavens ... interesting choices!

Lovely photos. George and Charlotte are just beautiful babies. It was great that they decided to release some photos before the christening. Now, July 5 won't seem so far away.

Princess Charlotte and Prince George Portraits: All Photos : People.com

The order of the photos look like they were taken from the bottom to the top.

With Charlotte, looking at her mother, questioning the wisdom of the set up.

The second from the top, George looks exactly like William.

Clearly an 'official' staged photograph session as the kids are dressed up,
I was hoping for candid pictures of natural interaction between the children.

The photographs themselves are nice and Catherine did a great job.

Last edited:
George is the most beautiful little boy imaginable, his resemblance to William as a toddler is striking.

The photos are simply perfect, I love them all!:)

I for one love the outfits on the children. I know many in other articles think they are too old fashioned. I think really nice and much better than having them dressed in items with sport or Disney characters all over them. This was quasi formal. Fun and playtime will be when more casual clothes will be seen. Plus, I am sure that both parents approve of the outfits and that is why they are worn. They are beautiful children and hopefully will have an enjoyable life with loving parents.

I like Richard Palmer. I just think the British royal correspondents are very picky when it comes to the royals and their press office.

I think both children are lovely. George resembles a brown-eyed William at the same age, but also Mike Middleton somehow, (shape of the face, perhaps?) Charlotte's eye colour may stay blue, who knows. At two weeks or so it's hard to tell which parent she resembles. Her little white jumper is gorgeous.
The photo of George kissing his baby sister is especially cute. With under two years between them they will be close, I'm sure.

Both children are lovely, and the picture with George kissing his sister is particularly charming. Catherine is a good photographer.

I find it interesting that they didn't release any photos of the whole family. I'm not complaining, but I think it confirms my impression that William and Catherine do not want to be in the spotlight.

Prince George and Princess Charlotte, General News: May 2015

Now those were worth the wait. :) :)

I love that one where George is all so serious and seems to be looking off camera at Daddy perhaps? It screams to me "Am I holding her right?" :). Where he's smiling, all I can see is William, however the other one I can see some of Kate there for the first time. Regarding his hair colour...those Spencer genes are showing themselves I think. It would be lovely if it stayed Strawberry Blond, but that's just my personal preference as I do love that hair colour.

Charlotte is beyond adorable!! Such a little Sweetheart & I'm betting she's got them all wrapped around her little finger already. Pardon me for a moment here...

Wook at that wee wittle button nose and those chubby wittle cheeks!! Such a wittle wove bug!!

Now that I've got that out of my system... :D

They really are lovely pictures and Well Done Your Royal Highness!! Kate did indeed do a great job w/these.

As someone else said, this makes July 5th feel not as far away as it was earlier today. Can't wait to see her in all her Christening Finery and how much Charlotte's changed and grown. :)

Edited to add ~ Forgot about this...I wonder if someone over at Ravelry has come up w/and also posted a pattern for Charlotte's Sweater yet? Will have to go check... :D

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited:
I for one love the outfits on the children. I know many in other articles think they are too old fashioned. I think really nice and much better than having them dressed in items with sport or Disney characters all over them. This was quasi formal. Fun and playtime will be when more casual clothes will be seen. Plus, I am sure that both parents approve of the outfits and that is why they are worn. They are beautiful children and hopefully will have an enjoyable life with loving parents.

I love the outfits too; I love seeing children in classic clothes. For being the first official brother and sister pictures, I think they're just right: the kids are obviously cleaned up and dressed up, but one still gets a sense of personality from them.

Both children are lovely, and the picture with George kissing his sister is particularly charming. Catherine is a good photographer.

I find it interesting that they didn't release any photos of the whole family. I'm not complaining, but I think it confirms my impression that William and Catherine do not want to be in the spotlight.

Or they are just pragmatists. They know that the real interest is now in the children. :flowers:

I don't know why people are complaining about them being staged.

What did people expect- Charlotte just in a nappy and temper tantrum George ? She is a small baby. There is only so many possible poses for her. Basically it is prop against a pillow and hope she doesn't cry her head off.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I love the outfits too; I love seeing children in classic clothes. For being the first official brother and sister pictures, I think they're just right: the kids are obviously cleaned up and dressed up, but one still gets a sense of personality from them.

Count me in. I love seeing classic, slightly old fashioned clothes on children. I hate "trendy" things on little ones and more than anything I dislike seeing kids dressed as vampy little adults.

For those into astrology and numerology, here is a nifty, comprehensive (in brief) summation of Princess Charlotte's auspices, both personally and within her family. I think both siblings will be firecrackers as they grow up, as well as when they reach adulthood. (I think of Princess Anne as an example). Hope you like. :flowers:

Interesting comment about William: Charlotte is "likely to be a Daddy’s Girl through and through. With Uranus on his I/C, William is also experiencing huge changes at the core of his being. It’s a new life for all of them."

LINK: THE CHARTS OF PRINCESS CHARLOTTE - thenuminous.net

And then there's Jonathan Cainer, of course.

LINK: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...rean-princess-end-battling-Prince-George.html

Last edited:
Thanks for posting these, Lady Nimue. I have a life-long interest in astrology and draw charts up myself, as I did for Charlotte after she was born. Though I agree with much of what Jonathon Cainer has to say astologically speaking, I think he's projecting much too much of his own feelings about the royals into his predictions!

I changed my avatar for the first time in 7 years to fit the occasion. I love this sweet royal duo!

The lighting in the pictures was really exquisite. Maybe a sunroom?

Thanks for posting these, Lady Nimue. I have a life-long interest in astrology and draw charts up myself, as I did for Charlotte after she was born. Though I agree with much of what Jonathon Cainer has to say astologically speaking, I think he's projecting much too much of his own feelings about the royals into his predictions!

You mean suggesting that Princess Charlotte will work to bring down the monarchy based on her sibling rivalry with George? :cool: It's quite a drama being suggested, I'll grant you that. One astrologer references her as becoming monarch, though that one feels like a typo. What is clear is she is going to be something of a firecracker. (I think of Princess Anne, as I said, though Charlotte may be a bit more 'showy').

After reading the charts, I've started to think William and Kate will stop at two children. :D The two they have will be handful enough. :p Wish there was an astrology section to discuss this, though I am a dilettante on the topic.

I like the pictures where George is smiling and kissing his sister. The kids are very cute. The photos are ok but nothing to get excited about in terms of Kate's ability as a photographer, I think anyone can take such pictures.

They are adorable pictures. I believe Katherine did a lovely job of it.

Finally some adorable and beautiful pics. Simply gorgeous kids... George looks sooo sweet... and Charlotte has already gotten quite big! :wub:

This picture of Prince George lovingly cradling his two-week-old little sister Princess Charlotte has taken the internet by storm.

The pictures were greeted with cries of approval on Twitter when they were released by Kensington Palace last night.

The pictures, released on Twitter between 9pm and 10pm, were retweeted 80,000 times around the world on the palace’s official Twitter account and received 100,000 “favourites” under the hashtag #WelcomeToTheFamily.

Sally R tweeted “Cuteness overload!!!!” And Helen Rumney said: “So absolutely adorable.”
More: Princess Charlotte: Whole world coos over George and his baby sister as Kensington Palace tweet goes viral - Mirror Online

The official pictures are beyond adorable.

I love the pictures, and the fact that they were taken by Catherine. She did a lovely job. Also, it's easier in the children when they're young, because there may be some discomfort due to a new person in the room. The pictures look natural, even in their stage-ness. The children are adorable, and I love how sweet George is with his baby sister. I can't choose a favorite shot. It's just too hard :D. Like many others, I love seeing children in classic attire. It looks so much better than the trendy stuff sold in most clothing stores. Keep the Disney characters off the clothing. It looks too tacky, but that's just my opinion. So happy to see these beautiful shots. The Cambridges are very, very lucky.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

After having a better look at the photos, I've changed my mind slightly on who Charlotte resembles. Her eyes seem quite similar to George's to me, so I think she could end up looking more like the Middletons (as I think George looks like Catherine). But there are still some Windsor features in her in the photos, IMO.

I noticed that my post responding to a reply to my original post has been deleted (as has the post I was responding to). Why is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom