Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles News 6: February-April 9, 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More from March 10th. Gettyimages and Polfoto

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 203
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 203
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 203
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 205
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 260
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 201
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 274
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 280
After NZ, Prince Charles will have a short visit to Fiji before coming back to England.

CHARLES MAY FIND ENGAGEMENT A BIT TAXING!

10 MARCH 2005

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/03/10/charlesring/#enviarPrince Charles may have a price to pay for getting engaged to his longtime companion Camilla Parker Bowles – a whopping £20,000 tax bill.

When he popped the question, the heir to the throne gave his fiancée a £500,000 platinum and diamond ring which once belonged to the Queen Mother. And now it seems he faces paying a Capital Gains Tax on the sparkler, reports the Daily Express, thanks to Inland Revenue rules governing the transfer of family heirlooms.

The ring, given to the Queen Mother by King George VI in the 1920s, has increased in value since the royal matriarch's death in 2002. Thus Prince Charles, the bauble's new owner, apparently became liable to pay the tax upon giving it to his future wife.

A delighted Charles and Camilla make their first appearance after the engagement news broke
Photo: © Alphapress.com

The £500,000 heirloom ring features a square-cut diamond with three diamond baguettes on either side

Attachments

• charlescamilla-dop1a.jpg
    charlescamilla-dop1a.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 158
  • charlescamilla-dop2b.jpg
    charlescamilla-dop2b.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 280
Last edited by a moderator:
CAMILLA WENT SOLO FOR "BOBBY VAN" VISIT:

9 MARCH 2005

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/03/09/camillavan/#enviarPrince Charles' future wife, Camilla Parker Bowles, has left royal watchers in little doubt that she always stays on the right side of the law. Just hours after Registrar General Len Cook overruled objections to her forthcoming wedding, the future Duchess of Cornwall was pictured having a laugh with bobbies in the Wiltshire town of Chippenham.

The 57-year-old, who was proudly sporting her engagement ring, stopped by her local police station to show her support for its charitable work. Camilla is the main patron and fundraiser for the "Bobby Van Trust", which was set up by officers to help vulnerable members of the community.

The organisation's three Transit vans are used to visit people who have fallen victim to crime or fire, fitting their homes with safety devices like locks and smoke detectors. Since it was set up in 1998 the scheme has helped over 5,000 people to sleep a little easier at night.

Camilla's day out marks her first public appearance since her wedding plans were announced last month. St James's Palace has stressed that it shouldn't be considered an official royal engagement, but it is sure to be taken as evidence of her growing importance nonetheless.

Officers and volunteers who received her in Chippenham didn't seem to concerned about the status of the visit, though. "Mrs Parker Bowles is genuinely interested in what we do," said project coordinator Ruth Entwistle. "I am very happy she is getting married too."

Attachments

• camilla-dop1b.jpg
    camilla-dop1b.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 260
  • camilla-dop2b.jpg
    camilla-dop2b.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 296
Last edited by a moderator:
Anna_R said:
Prince Charles at a sheep farm

From Colourpress

attachment.php

I just love this shot!

The man can't seem to win. If I were him, I would've waited to get her a sparkler until the wedding. In the US there is an engagement and a seperate wedding ring.

Does anyone know if they have a prenup? If I were him I would, no matter who I was marrying.

Fiji Times

Soldier meets prince
(Friday, March 11, 2005)

A soldier will never forget the once-in-a-life time opportunity experienced yesterday when the Prince of Wales, Prince Charles spend a minute or two to chat with him.

Bright smiles painted Private Josua Racele's face when Prince Charles asked him a few questions during the Guard of Honour.

Private Racele could not stop smiling but only nodded his head in response.

"I still can't believe he spoke to me," said Private Racele.

Private Racele, a member of the Military Guard of Honour, which assembled before Prince Charles, was the first soldier who spoke to the Prince.

"I thought he was talking to my neighbour but he was looking at me and I was nervous, frightened but happy to be given the opportunity to talk to Prince Charles," said the Nailaga villager of Ba.

Private Racele tried to avoid the media by hiding in the bus after the Guard of Honour but was pushed by friends.

"It was an honour to speak to Prince Charles and I am so happy."

Private Racele, who is based at Lautoka 's Duke of Edinburgh military barracks, said Prince Charles asked him a few questions.

"He asked me where my last place of duty was and he also thanked me for being in the military," Private Racele said.

"I told him that I last went to East Timor and that was when he thanked me for being a soldier."

Private Racele believes the conversation with Prince Charles was a blessing.

"Nobody talks to them anyhow but he did talk to me and I am so lucky."

Fiji Times

Close to the heart
(Friday, March 11, 2005)

QUEEN Elizabeth holds the people of this nation close to her heart, said son Prince Charles.

Addressing chiefs, government officials and hundreds of villagers gathered at Viseisei in Vuda yesterday, the heir to the throne said he, too, had special memories of the country during his previous visits.

"She holds all the people in Fiji in a very special place in her heart and wanted me to send you her particular good wishes on this occasion,'' he said after a traditional welcome ceremony at the chiefly village.

"I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the wonderful ceremony.

"It is a real joy to come back to Fiji after 30 years and I am deeply touched and grateful for the wonderful welcome on this occasion.

"As you can imagine I have had the happiest and most special memories from my previous visits here and I look back with immense affection to those days in 1970 when I was able to represent her majesty the Queen at your Independence celebrations.

"I can assure you that I along with other members of my family have nothing but the most special affection for this remarkable country and indeed all its special people."

Prince Charles is on a tour of Australia, New Zealand and Fiji.

He last visited the country in 1985 when he passed through Nadi with the late Princess of Wales, Princess Diana.

He came here in 1970 to present the instruments of independence to Prime Minister Ratu Sir Kamisese Mara in front of thousands of people at Albert Park.

He returned in 1974 for the 100th anniversary of Fiji's cession to Great Britain.

He said it was sad that on this occasion he was only visiting for a short time.

But he looked forward to seeing some of the examples of what was done here and the changes that had taken place in the past 30 years.

He said he looked forward to meeting as many people as possible.

It took a couple of seconds to gulp down the yaqona presented to him by Ratu Josaia Tavaiqia the son of the former Tui Vuda Ratu Jeremaia Tavaiqia.

Meanwhile, women of Vuda presented the vakamamaca (fine mats) for Prince Charles while the Great Council of Chiefs presented him with pigs and dalo fit which took about 16 men to lift.

While the traditional welcoming ceremony was conducted the Tui Vuda and President Ratu Josefa Iloilo continued to share light moments with the prince in a special bure in the village green.

The road down to the village was lined with school children in uniforms and ladies in matching blouses and skirts as the motorcade made its way down to the village.

On the way to Viseisei, people lined the highway to catch a glimpse of the prince.

Bau chief Ratu Tua'akitau Cokanauto, who presented the qaloqalovi, said it was a great honour to be chosen by the Great Council of Chiefs for the task.

"I also presented the qaloqalovi when the Queen came in 1977 and for other royal visits following that,'' he said.

"And it is indeed a great honor to perform this presentation on behalf of the chiefs in Fiji to the heir to the throne of England and maybe his next visit he will come as king."

Ratu Tuki said there was special bondage between Fiji and the royal

household and when one performs in an occasion like this you feel very proud indeed, he said.

He said the relationship between Fiji and England was a special one that goes a long way back to 1874 when the chiefs and Ratu Cakobau first asked for a commitment from Queen Victoria whether she could rule the country with affection.

"She agreed to rule with affection in order that unity and prosperity would be regarded and with that commitment the chiefs gave Fiji in cession — which is why the relationship remains very special." The prince was also presented with a club dance performed by more than 40 men from Vuda and even took time off to share some words with the men.

Women and children finally found an opportunity to greet him as he left the village green when protocol was slightly relaxed and they waved shouting: "Bula Prince Charles".

The prince later had a special session with the Prime Minister Laisenia Qarase before he attended a special dinner hosted by the British High Commission at the Sheraton.

AP

Prince Charles cool in Fiji's heat
March 11, 2005

Britain's Prince Charles looked relaxed but slightly overheated as he greeted dozens of royal fans at a marina on the west coast of Fiji's main island.

Looking casual in a tan linen jacket and a broad brimmed hat, Charles chatted and shook hands with some of the dozens of well-wishers who waited for more than half an hour in Fiji's blazing sun to greet him.

Charles then boarded an open-roofed motor boat to take a three-hour tour of a coral reef conservation project at Castaway Island, near the western city of Nadi.

Before boarding the boat, the heir to Britain's throne complimented 35-year-old tourism worker Maria Penjueli on the yellow and white frangipani flower in her hair, and said he was enjoying his trip to Fiji.

"It's lovely, but I'm trying to get used to the temperature," he said of Nadi's 32 degree highs and stifling humidity.

Later, Penjueli said she felt honoured to meet the prince.

"We know that he's someone great," she said.

"He's like one of our great chiefs."

Fiji gained independence in 1970 after nearly a century as part of the British Empire. The Pacific Island nation is still a member of the Commonwealth.

After his arrival on Thursday, Charles sampled kava, Fiji's mildly narcotic drink, and was presented with a roasted pig and a whale tooth - a Fijian symbol of wealth - in an elaborate welcoming ceremony in which villagers dressed in grass skirts and floral sashes danced and chanted.

The prince was welcomed by Fijian President Ratu Josefa Iloilo and later had a private meeting with Prime Minister Laisenia Qarase.

Charles is making his first official visit to Fiji since 1974, but is spending less than 30 hours there before flying back to Britain late on Friday.

Prince Charles in Fiji- March 10th (from Polfoto)

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 232
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 217
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 196
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 174
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 225
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 225
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 165
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 174
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 174
  • 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 181
Fiji March 10th-11th (polfoto)

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 163
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 190
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 238
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 169
  • 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 35.jpg
    35.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 189
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 185
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 201
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 176
Fiji- March 11th (polfoto)

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 161
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 211
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 194
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 172
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 200
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 204
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 211
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 183
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 201
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 228
last set from Fiji March 11th (polfoto)

Attachments

• 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 215
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 209
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 188
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 191
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 191
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 177
clear.gif
Caption:
GLOUCESTERSHIRE, ENGLAND - MARCH 13: HRH Prince Charles (L) and fiancee Camilla Parker Bowles (C) leave church accompanied by the Rev. Christopher Mulholland, following the Sunday service at St Lawrence Church on March 13, 2005 in Gloucestershire, England. (Photo by Getty Images)

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 299
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 331
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 208
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 208
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 238
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 233
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 177
Will Prince Charle go holiday with his sons this year?And how about Mrs Camilla?Will she go?

They often go at the end of March,so maybe they have to come back before 8th of April.

Caption:
EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND - MARCH 18: The Prince of Wales gives a speech at the newly refurbished Temperate Palm House, the tallest building of its kind in the UK, which he opened as patron of the Royal Botanic Garden, March 18, 2005 in Edinburgh, Scotland. (Photo by Rota/Anwar Hussein Collection/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 167
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 175
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 202
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 194
Polfoto 17-03-2005 Britain's Prince Charles and his partner Camilla Parker-Bowles arrive to visit The Art Workers Guild in London, Thursday March 17, 2005. The couple are scheduled to marry on April 8 2005.(AP Photo/Michael Stephens-pa)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 210
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 217
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 202
Mrs Camilla Parker will accompany by Prince Charles on the Official Visit to the United States in October this year.They will meet President Bush and his wife Laura.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom