Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles News 5: November 2004-February 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you talking about...no the book had nothing to do with my theory. Is was simply a baby name book. I was looking at it and came across Camilla's name. Chill...
Anyway I just pput the meaning of Diana's name in there just in case someone wondered. But the Greek name for the goddess of the hunt is Artemis, the Roman name is Diana.
ok...does that clear it up?

Reina said:
I am looking at a baby names book (not that I am having a baby, but I am at work-a library-and have nothing else to do). well anyway camilla is described as a young attendant..adn for an example it cites Camilla Parker Bowles as Prince Charles's lady friend...who indirectly caused Diana's (meaning: Roman goddess of the hunt's) death:p

What baby book is that? Because if it is real, it could be considered libel.

Reina said:
What are you talking about...no the book had nothing to do with my theory. Is was simply a baby name book. I was looking at it and came across Camilla's name. Chill...
This is what you said in your post: "well anyway camilla is described as a young attendant..adn for an example it cites Camilla Parker Bowles as Prince Charles's lady friend...who indirectly caused Diana's (meaning: Roman goddess of the hunt's) death:p" If the book didn't cite Camilla as Prince Charles's lady friend who indirectly caused Diana's death, it wasn't clear from that post. Thank you for confirming that the book didn't in fact say that.

There are not many in Charles & Camilla's circle (or the rest of the world) who would do this. Visiting a hospice or childrens ward at a hospital only takes a little of your time & not much effort. Having a group of children into your home and entertaining them like this takes a lot.
We should all learn a lesson from Camilla & Charles this Christmas and really make an effort.

Charles and Camilla Hold Tea Party for Cancer Kids

By Laura Elston, PA Deputy Court Correspondent

The Prince of Wales and Camilla Parker Bowles joined a Christmas tea party at Clarence House today for youngsters battling with cancer.

Eight children, who are being treated at Llandough Hospital in Cardiff, south Wales, helped decorate a 7ft Norway spruce tree inside the royal home.

Three-year-old Ben Gaylard, from Newport, managed to place some of the red and gold baubles on the higher branches after being lifted up by a Welsh Guardsman in bearskin and red tunic who attended the festive celebrations.

Ben, who has a rare form of leukaemia, was decked out in a shirt and tie for the special day.

His dad Paul said of Camilla: “She said he looked very smart and wanted to know who picked the tie.”

The Prince helped some of the children prepare the tree by hooking decorations on a silver sword belonging to a soldier from the Queen’s Dragoon Guards and reaching high into the branches.

A spread of Smarties, gingerbread men, Jelly Tots and sandwiches with the crusts cut off was prepared for the special guests.

The Prince also handed out Duchy Originals goodie bags containing his own Christmas pudding and fudge.

Jacob Mills, eight, told Charles while tucking into Jelly Tots that he always saved the blackcurrant ones until last, showing him those he had carefully put aside.

Camilla, in a green velvet coat-dress, joked: “I’m already stealing Smarties” as she collected a tube to pass to one of the children.

Callum Dibben, six, from Tonypandy, who is in remission after suffering a brain tumour, continued to munch on his ham sandwich and gingerbread man while the Prince crouched down to talk to him.

“He’s been really looking forward to this. He told the Prince that gingerbread men were his favourite,” his mother Julie said. “He’s pretty hungry.”

Mrs Dibben, who today celebrated her 25th wedding anniversary, added: “It means a lot to the children to come here today.”

Polfoto 09-12-2004 Britain's Prince Charles, left, shakes hands with the Crown Prince of Bahrain Shaikh Salman bin Hamad in St.James Palace, London, Thursday Dec.9, 2004. The two Princes met for a brief round of talks.(

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 223
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 173
Elspeth said:
This is what you said in your post: "well anyway camilla is described as a young attendant..adn for an example it cites Camilla Parker Bowles as Prince Charles's lady friend...who indirectly caused Diana's (meaning: Roman goddess of the hunt's) death:p" If the book didn't cite Camilla as Prince Charles's lady friend who indirectly caused Diana's death, it wasn't clear from that post. Thank you for confirming that the book didn't in fact say that.
ok here is what the book said (paraphrase): Camilla Parker Bowles is Prince Charles's lady friend. That is what it said, I added the other thing. NOW I KNOW HOW THINGS SAID CAN BE MISINTERPRETED BY THE PRESS!!!. I am not saying you did cuz it was a clear misunderstanding-my bad for not being clear. But doesn't this make you think of how the press can easily turn things said around if one is not clear in what she says!!! These is definitely a lesson learned on my part.

No problem, Reina. These misunderstandings do happen - particularly since TRF has a lot of members whose first language isn't English.

A spread of Smarties, gingerbread men, Jelly Tots and sandwiches with the crusts cut off was prepared for the special guests.
And here's me thinking that Prince Charles was into health food! Oh well...

BTW, for the Americans and other non-Brits here, Smarties are sort of like M&Ms.

We all know what Smarties are ;D Or at least the song, "when you eat your Smarties, do you eat the red ones last?"

Elspeth said:

BTW, for the Americans and other non-Brits here, Smarties are sort of like M&Ms.

Elspeth said:

Oh, for heavens sake! The poor man can't do anything right in the eyes of the public. I'm sure the gingerbread was all natural and the sandwiches on brown bread!

m&ms taste better than smarties although smarties dont make you feel so sick

Charles joined by saucy Santa-ess at pensioners' party
HelloMagazine.com

10 DECEMBER 2004
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2004/12/10/charlessanta/#enviarThe Prince of Wales received a helping hand from a charming, rather short-skirted Santa-ess when he dropped by to offer a little Christmas cheer to Chelsea pensioners this week.

Twenty-year-old Summer Strallen helped Charles enliven the Not Forgotten Association's Christmas party in St James's Palace. The association helps disabled and wounded service and ex-service personnel.

And one of the guests, 79-year-old Tony Jaques, received a little special attention when Summer cuddled up on his lap for the cameras.

1. Twenty-year-old Santa Summer gives one of the party guests a little special attention before all the pensioners were joined by the Prince of Wales
2. Charles shares a joke with 108-year-old World War I veteran Henry Allingham at the Not Forgotten Association's Christmas party
3. The Prince helped bring a little extra Christmas cheer to the St James's Palace event

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 222
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 255
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 254
Polfoto 10-12-2004 Britain's Prince Charles plays dominoes with a group of local farmers in the Farmers Arms Pub in Muker, England, Friday Dec.10 2004, during his visit to the village. The Prince was visiting the picturesque Swaledale rafgion of North Yorkshire.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 266
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 267
I think that it sounds rather silly to say that if The Queen had objected to the Charles Camilla relationship that it wouldn't have continued. Charles is a 56 year old man and it'sbeyond his parents approval of his girlfriend. If he really cared about what his parents thought he would have given Camilla up long ago but he clearly dosn't so the relationship continues.

If The Queen approve William to become King,so what the title will Princess Charles receive?The King Father?

this is about the garden in highgrove from the tatler of january 2005
"at highgrove, where the bannermans are the only gardeners by royal appointment, the prince of wales presented the pair with some carved stone fragments salvaged from tewkesbury abbey and four ancient giant clam shells as the basis for a central fountain in a pond. by adding some honeycomb stones of their own they had, within a day, assembled an earth-filled tower, complete with running water and, planted at its summit, a plumage of umbrella-leaved gunneras.
there is an emotional and spiritual quality to their work at highgrove. the prince of wales adores the stumpery, an acre of woodland where some 200 sweet chestnut stumps are employed as anchorage for shade-loving ferns and hostas planted beside its wiggly paths. so effecting is the stumpery that some people have been known to weep just standing in its midst. and we have all seen the prince on tv, blissfully tending this beloved spot.

(was temped to put this under clarence house because it has nothing to do with camilla but than elspeth would have moved it and etc)

Well, if anybody wants to start a thread on the Highgrove gardens, feel free. Especially if there are pictures.

Prince of Wales's personal Christmas card, for the second year running. The photograph taken by Mario Testino on the grounds of Highgrove House and features the Prince of Wales, Prince William and Prince Harry. Clarence House states that is a private photograph, and as in previous years, newspapers may wish to make a voluntary donation to The Prince of Wales Charitable Foundation, which willl go towards providing water for a school in Rajasthan, India.

Attachments

• 2137436.jpg
    2137436.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 321
Elspeth said:
Well, if anybody wants to start a thread on the Highgrove gardens, feel free. Especially if there are pictures.
I do not think there are any pictures, or hardly any. I base this on the fact that a garden architect said on the bbc that he would love to see highgrove because he had "heard" that it was beautiful. perhaps charles wants to keep it for his family and friends.

That's a really nice photo of them and a great cause!

pdas1201 said:
Prince of Wales's personal Christmas card, for the second year running. The photograph taken by Mario Testino on the grounds of Highgrove House and features the Prince of Wales, Prince William and Prince Harry. Clarence House states that is a private photograph, and as in previous years, newspapers may wish to make a voluntary donation to The Prince of Wales Charitable Foundation, which willl go towards providing water for a school in Rajasthan, India.

pdas1201 said:
i understand for Prince of Wales's charity foundation what needs! and privates pictures and also personal i like to collection christmas pictures of father and son christmas pictures since Diana's death.

Sara Boyce

susanstotz said:
I do not think there are any pictures, or hardly any. I base this on the fact that a garden architect said on the bbc that he would love to see highgrove because he had "heard" that it was beautiful. perhaps charles wants to keep it for his family and friends.
Well, I know there was a book about the Highgrove gardens several years ago; I don't know if there's been an updated one. It's called "Highgrove: Portrait of an Estate" and was published in 1993. Lots of good pictures.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
If The Queen approve William to become King,so what the title will Princess Charles receive?The King Father?
The Queen doesn't have the power to change the succession, as the law now stands.

Pictures from Getty

HRH Prince of Wales arrives at the "Royal Variety Performance" at the Coliseum on December 14, 2004 in London. The BBC One annual fundraising performance raises funds for the Entertainment Artistes' Benevolent Fund:

Attachments

• 51859221.jpg
    51859221.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 247
  • 51859222.jpg
    51859222.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 207
  • 51859220.jpg
    51859220.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 187
  • 51859217.jpg
    51859217.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 234
  • 51859216.jpg
    51859216.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 244
  • 51859214.jpg
    51859214.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 233
Polfoto 15-12-2004 Britain's Prince Charles meets with Elton John, right, backstage during filming of the Royal Variety Performance at the London Coliseum, in central London, Tuesday Dec. 14, 2004. At center is Liza Minnelli. (AP Photo/Chris Young/Pool)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 255
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 203
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 220
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 185
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 188
pdas1201 said:
WONDERFUL PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)
They always have very beutiful and happy fotos..thanks!

BROCKWEIR, UNITED KINGDOM: Charles, Prince of Wales, smells before tasting some Brooke's Dairy Ice Cream during his visit to the Brockweir and Hewelsfield Village Shop, Gloucestershire, 20 December 2004. The shop was set up by residents of Brockweir and Hewelsfield as an outlet for local food producers and a focal point for the community.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 231
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 249
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 228
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 233
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 242
wymanda said:
There are not many in Charles & Camilla's circle (or the rest of the world) who would do this. Visiting a hospice or childrens ward at a hospital only takes a little of your time & not much effort. Having a group of children into your home and entertaining them like this takes a lot.
We should all learn a lesson from Camilla & Charles this Christmas and really make an effort.

Charles and Camilla Hold Tea Party for Cancer Kids

By Laura Elston, PA Deputy Court Correspondent

The Prince of Wales and Camilla Parker Bowles joined a Christmas tea party at Clarence House today for youngsters battling with cancer.

Eight children, who are being treated at Llandough Hospital in Cardiff, south Wales, helped decorate a 7ft Norway spruce tree inside the royal home.

Three-year-old Ben Gaylard, from Newport, managed to place some of the red and gold baubles on the higher branches after being lifted up by a Welsh Guardsman in bearskin and red tunic who attended the festive celebrations.

Ben, who has a rare form of leukaemia, was decked out in a shirt and tie for the special day.

His dad Paul said of Camilla: “She said he looked very smart and wanted to know who picked the tie.”

The Prince helped some of the children prepare the tree by hooking decorations on a silver sword belonging to a soldier from the Queen’s Dragoon Guards and reaching high into the branches.

The Prince also handed out Duchy Originals goodie bags containing his own Christmas pudding and fudge.

Jacob Mills, eight, told Charles while tucking into Jelly Tots that he always saved the blackcurrant ones until last, showing him those he had carefully put aside.

Camilla, in a green velvet coat-dress, joked: “I’m already stealing Smarties” as she collected a tube to pass to one of the children.

Callum Dibben, six, from Tonypandy, who is in remission after suffering a brain tumour, continued to munch on his ham sandwich and gingerbread man while the Prince crouched down to talk to him.

“He’s been really looking forward to this. He told the Prince that gingerbread men were his favourite,” his mother Julie said. “He’s pretty hungry.”

Mrs Dibben, who today celebrated her 25th wedding anniversary, added: “It means a lot to the children to come here today.”
it is so easy to do something like this, it makes you happy and

everybody who helps others, especcially children, is doing it first and foremost because it is so much fun and makes you feel good, about yourself,
If you think you are doing it for the benefit of others in particular you are deluding yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom