Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles News 2: July-November 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by jun5@Nov 13th, 2003 - 4:23 pm
Happy Birtheday the Prince of Wales :flower:

0000383893-004.jpg
thanks for pictures! of his blowing candles!

please more lots pictures when he was little boys and marriage, William&Harry and polo with his boys!

when i met Prince Charles at Prince's trust one year he very nice man and charming Prince! i shake him!

Sara Boyce

Polfoto 13-11-2003 The Prince of Wales, President of the King's Fund, at St Thomas' Hospital in south London, Thursday November 13, 2003, where he is attending the national roll out of the King's Fund's "Enhancing the Healing Environment" programme.

Attachments

• chuck_1.jpg
    chuck_1.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 186
Polfoto 13-11-2003 The Prince of Wales, President of the King's Fund, at St Thomas' Hospital in south London, Thursday November 13, 2003, where he is attending the national roll out of the King's Fund's "Enhancing the Healing Environment" programme.

Attachments

• chuck_1a.jpg
    chuck_1a.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 169

Attachments

• chuck_1b.jpg
    chuck_1b.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 178

Attachments

• chuck_1c.jpg
    chuck_1c.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 135

Attachments

• chuck_1d.jpg
    chuck_1d.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 191
jun5,

that nice to send that pictures!

you know that Prince Charles's birthday on tomorrow so i did makes new topics from past but you can makes pictures thread from me said remind! HRH Prince Charles's 55th Birthday on friday Nov.14th.

please separation from Prince Charles and Camilla's news and pictures thread i wanted to put Prince Charles's bigger surprise for him! i really wanted it! from past to present!

but i will get another new topics anyway then i send you about it! next time to add that one!

Sara Boyce

please makes pictures of Prince Charles from past to present because he will become 55 year old gives him BIGGER surprise!

Sara Boyce

p.s. makes pictures thread of him!

Polfoto 13-11-2003 Britain's Prince of Wales listens to speeches before launching "Local Sourcing: Opening the Door for Small Business"at the Royal Academy of Arts in London, Thursday November 13, 2003.

Attachments

• charles_2.jpg
    charles_2.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 207
Polfoto 13-11-2003 Britain's Prince of Wales waves to visitors after launching "Local Sourcing: Opening the Door for Small Business" at the Royal Academy of Arts in London, Thursday November 13, 2003.

Attachments

• charles_2b.jpg
    charles_2b.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 182
Polfoto 13-11-2003 Britain's Prince of Wales listens to speeches before launching "Local Sourcing: Opening the Door for Small Business"at the Royal Academy of Arts in London, Thursday November 13, 2003.

Attachments

• charles_2c.jpg
    charles_2c.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 211
This is from The People Newspaper - it may or may not be true, but my guess is that most of it's probably true..

THE CRAZY DEMANDS OF CHARLES

THE silver teaspoon for his morning cuppa must be placed in the saucer at an angle of exactly 5 o'clock.

His fluffy white bath towel should be specially folded so he can wrap and dry himself without exertion.

His socks are turned down so he can slip them on with minimum effort. And at bedtime his teddy bear must be tucked beneath the covers so its paws don't get cold.

They sound like the crazy requests of a spoilt Hollywood superstar - but these are just some of the daily demands of PRINCE CHARLES.

A royal source told The People: "Charles's lifestyle would put Louis XIV to shame and is totally inappropriate in 21st century Britain.

"From the moment he wakes up to the moment he goes to bed, his every whim is catered for."

The Prince may be feeling hard done-by after claims by a former valet sparked a sleazy sex scandal, but nothing will shake Charles out of his pampered routine.

While the Queen is trying to modernise the Monarchy her son is still living a life of outrageous royal excess - with a staggering 85 SERVANTS, plus nine gardeners at his country home, Highgrove.

Former butler Paul Burrell, the Prince's ex-valet Ken Stronach and a string of courtiers have all confirmed Charles's rigid demands.

He is obsessive about his routine and will fly into a rage if anything is changed or out of place.

Our source said: "He is so spoilt he has almost forgotten how to do the most basic of tasks for himself.

"On his tour of the Gulf last week he even called an aide over to take his shoes off for him.

"But this is the man who needs an aide to hold the specimen bottle when he gives a sample of urine."

Insiders say that because Charles doesn't receive money from the Civil List, he believes his pampered life is his business.

But here is the startling truth:

Morning tea

Charles's "wake-up" tray of tea and toast is delivered every morning by a senior valet - and has to be laid out with military precision.

He takes strong Earl Grey tea with a splash of milk. The china cup and saucer must be placed to the right of the tray with a silver tea spoon pointing outwards at an angle of 5 o'clock.

A plate in the centre of the tray must have the Prince of Wales Feathers at 12 o'clock.

The royal toast - made from Duchy of Cornwall wholemeal bread - is lined up in a silver toast rack, never on a plate. Three balls - no more, no less - of chilled, organic butter are placed in a small butter dish. A silver butter knife rests on top of a starched, white linen napkin.

Breakfast

At weekends Charles sometimes wants a light, cooked breakfast. He insists on his own Duchy of Cornwall organic sausages, with grilled mushrooms and tomatoes.

A pot of English mustard has to be placed on the left of the tray with a pot containing freshly ground black pepper directly behind it. A tiny dish of sea salt (flakes, not grains) must be lined up level with the pepper on the opposite side of the tray.

Bathroom

While Charles takes his morning tea his valet pulls back the curtains and picks up Charles's clothes left on the floor from the night before.

The servant then goes into the en-suite bathroom to draw Charles a morning bath.

It has to be deep, warm but not too hot and scented with expensive Floris bath oil. Before stepping into the tub Charles shaves and cleans his teeth. The valet has already squeezed a precise amount of Macleans toothpaste onto the Prince's toothbrush.

Despite his wealth, Charles has a silver gadget engraved with his crest to squeeze the last drop out of the tube.

A chair beside the bath is draped with a warm, fluffy white towel.

It must be placed length-wise, with both ends folded in to the middle so Charles can rise from the bath, sit on the chair, and wrap himself up with ease.

Clothes

As Charles takes his bath a servant lays out his first set of clothes. The Prince often changes outfits five times a day - and insists on matching ties to shirts and socks to silk pocket handkerchiefs.

He has more than 200 ties but chooses one from six picked out by the valet. Charles's £2,000 bespoke suits, made by Saville Row tailors Anderson and Sheppard, are also colour co-ordinated.

Charles's shirts are handmade by exclusive Turnbull and Asser. His valet carefully folds the chosen one on the bed. All the buttons are undone and the cufflinks already in place.

A footman spends at least an hour polishing Charles's shoes, picked from a selection of £1,800 John Lobb leather lace ups.

The shoes must be placed, laces loosened, by a chair in front of a bedside table. And to save Charles even more effort his socks are on the chair seat, folded so he only has to slip his foot inside and pull them up.

Bedtime

If Charles wants to watch TV before going to sleep his valet places The Times TV page - neatly ironed and folded - on a footstool. The remote control is lined up beside it with the television set on standby.

Charles slips into his silk dressing gown, which has his crest on the breast pocket. A tattered teddy bear in a red jumper which Charles has treasured since childhood sits on his bedside table during the day - next to Charles's favourite photo of Camilla in a silver frame.

But at night the valet has to tuck teddy up in bed with its paws under the covers so they don't get cold.

A glass of iced water is on hand. Charles insists on round ice balls rather than cubes, believing they "chink" less noisily in the glass.

FRUSTRATED PRINCE IS A BOY & HEIR
By Susan Quilliam Top Psychologist

CHARLES has two warring sides to his character.

They are the little boy desperate for love, and the frustrated, powerless heir to the Throne.

Firstly, his need to be cosseted stems from his abnormal childhood.

His mother was away on tours, he was raised by nannies and taught that Duty came first.

Then he was packed off to Gordonstoun school. He never had a normal adolescence and his teddy bear shows he still hangs on to his earliest, happiest memories.

It also shows he wants to be protected - which is now Camilla's role.

Yet he's a demanding boss, because he's surrounded by people who never answer back.

He dumps his dirty clothes like a teenager - and throws a strop if he doesn't get his own way.

Because of the Queen's long reign, he feels he has no real power. And he's frustrated he can't do what he wants, like marrying Camilla.

So he tries to prove he IS in charge by being bossy. His obsessive attention to detail also shows his insecurity.

These are quite the list of demands!

"Prince of Wales Feathers at 12 o'clock, tea spoon pointing at an angle of 5 o'clock, socks folded so he only has to slip his foot inside and pull them up ..." :wacko:

Not only does Charles sound spoiled and pampered in this story, he sounds down right lazy!

Interesting story, Binny, thanks for sharing it. ... I don't feel so bad now that my only outrageous demand is for soy milk and raw sugar for my coffee! ;)

:)
Alexandria  Posted: Nov 16th, 2003 - 7:38 pm
"Prince of Wales Feathers at 12 o'clock, tea spoon pointing at an angle of 5 o'clock
I like mine at 4:30 ;)

socks folded so he only has to slip his foot inside and pull them up ..."
such a hassle to do that ... hopefully all socks are freshly washed.

Not only does Charles sound spoiled and pampered in this story, he sounds down right lazy!
Of the 85 staff, only 5 do 'real' work .... and of those, one is busy setting up the socks, and frenching the sheets.

"... I don't feel so bad now that my only outrageous demand is for soy milk :yuk: and raw sugar :shock: for my coffee!

LOL!

It's interesting isn't it?

I remember seeing a video clip of Charles, Harry and William together at polo. The boys were cleaning their boots, and Charles made a comment about the amount of time they were taking.

The boys both looked at each other and William mumbled something like, "Yes, but you have someone do yours for you"!

I got the impression that even the boys thought he was a little spoilt!

:lol:

Charles does comes off as quite pampered and spoiled, doesn't he? I wonder if he was like this as a child? I can't imagine Prince Phillip who has such little tolerance for primping and priming tolerating this kind of behaviour in his eldest son and the future King of Great Britain!

... Wonder what Freud would say of all this!

Photos from the premiere of Master and Commander at Leicester Square on November 17.

_39581181_charles.jpg

_39581219_charles_laugh.jpg

Polfoto 17-11-2003 The Prince of Wales greets wellwishers during a visit to the JW Lees Brewery at Middleton near Manchester. Members of the Lees-Jones family, who still run the brewery, met the Prince at the entrance before taking him on a tour to celebrate its 175th anniversary.

Attachments

• 210.jpg
    210.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 237
Polfoto 17-11-2003 The Prince of Wales greets wellwishers during a visit to the JW Lees Brewery at Middleton near Manchester. Members of the Lees-Jones family, who still run the brewery, met the Prince at the entrance before taking him on a tour to celebrate its 175th anniversary.

Attachments

• 211.jpg
    211.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 206

Attachments

• 212.jpg
    212.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 164

Attachments

• 212a.jpg
    212a.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 171
Polfoto 17-11-2003 - The Prince of Wales makes a speech during his visit to HM Prison Wymott in Lancashire, where he met with inmates involved in a work training scheme.

Attachments

• 213.jpg
    213.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 163
Polfoto 17-11-2003 - The Prince of Wales talks with prison staff, during his visit to HM Prison Wymott in Lancashire.

Attachments

• 214.jpg
    214.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 167
Polfoto 17-11-2003 - The Prince of Wales during his visit to HM Prison Wymott in Lancashire.

Attachments

• 215.jpg
    215.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 158
Polfoto 17-11-2003 - The Prince of Wales sits in a car built in the prison by prisoner Steven Highem (centre right), during his visit to HM Prison Wymott in Lancashire.

Attachments

• 216.jpg
    216.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 154
I know what you mean, Alexandria.

Actually, in a way, that article made me feel sorry for Charles.

Imagine never having anyone around you willing to say "No". Or, "This behaviour isn't acceptable".

www.ibl.se - Prince Charles, Colonel in Chief of the Army Air Corps, visiting the army air corps regiment base, Middle Wallop, Wiltshire, Britain - 13 November 2003.

... Wonder if someone rolled down Charles' socks for this visit?! ;)

Attachments

• 240.jpg
    240.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 118
www.ibl.se - Prince Charles, Colonel in Chief of the Army Air Corps, unveiling a plaque during his visit to the training section, MIDDLE WALLOP, WILTSHIRE, BRITAIN - 13 NOV 2003

Attachments

• 241.jpg
    241.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 113
www.ibl.se - Prince Charles, Colonel in Chief of the Army Air Corps, visiting the army air corps regiment base, Middle Wallop, Wiltshire, Britain - 13 November 2003.

Attachments

• 242.jpg
    242.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 113
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom