Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 4: September 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That she receives from the state. :flowers:
What goes around comes around! The state is getting a great service at a very cut rate.
Excerpt from
The Duke of York and UKTI > The Duke's role
"Working with Government, and in particular UK Trade and Investment (UKTI), The Duke's job involves promoting the UK as an attractive inward investment destination for foreign investors; creating more positive business conditions for British businesses investing overseas; and helping UK companies export their products to emerging and established markets."
Call it snobbery, but there are doors that will open for a Royal Prince that would remain resolutely closed for any other "Representative" employed in such a role. And, they would have to pay that person an exhorbitant salary to enable him to maintain the lifestyle that would enable him to move in the circles that Prince Andrew does.

However, that would not guarantee him an entree into those circles just as being "Royal" wouldn't compensate for an inferior intellect so;
Conclusion: Money well spent, and cheap at twice the price. :whistling:

Perfectly - and realistically - put.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is golf included in those traveling expenses?? :whistling:

Can't agree with that at all MARG. He is seen as a pompous overpaid lounger, who uses the state to have super holidays that even include his daughter. In most big companies, the decisions are made by the CEO's who knowing money is involved and they are quite happy to see the head of a trade mission, whether it is a prince or not. It is money that talks!

Pics 15.10.2008

The Duke of York with Michael Ryan Vice President and General
Manager of Bombardier Aerospace in the fuselage of a Global
Express jet at Bombardier Aerospace in Belfast, October 15, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Love the specs, Andy! :D

Prince Andrew makes a quick trip to Canada

New building at Lakefield College School brings Duke of York back for ribbon-cutting ceremony.

Date: 2008-10-18
By Jessica Lovell

"It's an enormous pleasure to be in Canada, also what I would describe as at home, here," said the prince as he stepped up to the podium.
Prince Andrew, he Duke of York, spent only a short time at Lakefield College School, when he attended as an exchange student in 1977. He maintains his relationship with the school as a trustee of the school and of the Lakefield College School Foundation.

His experience at Lakefield left an impression on him, and it is not unusual for him to return from time to time for special events in the area.

more... Prince Andrew returns "home" to the Grove - myKawartha

At the risk of not having the specifics to hand: If the Queen's civil list payments broadly just about cover the costs of the monarchy, suggesting that because the Queen receives funding from the state (to cover expenses she incurs is her role as head of state!), the state is subsisiding the existence of her children is a bit disingenous, and IMO, quite misleading.

It's good of Prince Andrew attend. Did he have any other engagements in Canada? He clocks up a lot of air miles.

Great pics, Ice! I like the one where he's laughing. Cute! Tho they're all cute, actually.

Discussion of the Civil List and reimbursements to the Government can be continued in the Royal Finances thread.

Pic 28.10.2008

First pic from today:

Britain's Prince Andrew, Duke of York and his daughter Princess Eugenie
meet with Kyrgyz Deputy Prime Minister Elmira Ibraimova in Bishkek on
October 28, 2008. Andrew is on a working visit in his capacity as the
United Kingdom's Special Representative for International Trade and
Investment.
-----> Pic

Last edited:
Can't help wondering why Eugenie is biting her bottom lip. Very handsome aide-de-camp on this tour.

Thanks evnovoros and Ice for the links. I'm sure this trip will be quite an experience for Pss E. P Andrew always looks so at ease in situations.

I agree on both points. I've noticed that Pss. Eugenie doesn't always look very comfortable in public. She's looking at Andrew as if to say, "What do I do now, Dad?":)

Can't help wondering why Eugenie is biting her bottom lip. Very handsome aide-de-camp on this tour.

Prince Andrew and Princess Eugenie Visits Earthquake Hit Area Of China, 04 Nov 2008

Britain's Prince Andrew, Duke of York (R) and his daughter Princess Eugenie (C) visit the debris to dedicate flowers to the deceased of the 'Sichuan's May 12 earthquake' on November 4, 2008 in Dujiangyan, one of the worst earthquake-hit area of Sichuan Province, China.

Getty Images - Prince Andrew Visits Earthquake Hit Area Of China

Thanks for the links, Ice and giov! I think P Andrew looks great (no more jowly pics, luckily). Love it when he wears a dark suit. Brings out his eyes!

Thanks for the link, Candle. How sad. The area still looks ravished. P Andrew always seems to be very interested in his hosts' issues and situations.

Ice, Giov, and Bella, do any of you know the significance of the red "poppies" he and Eugenie are wearing? I have seen them on the Duchess as well and around.

Pics 3.11.2008

Here are some pics from yesterday:

HRH The Duke of York KG and HRH Princess Eugenie meet with Sichuan
provincial governor Zhang Zuoha in Chengdu of southwest China's
Sichuan province Monday, Nov. 3, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Pics 4.11.2008

The Duke of York Prince Andrew visits the Bookworm bookstore for a
get-together of British people in Chengdu of southwest China's Sichuan
province. Chengdu, CHINA - 04/11/2008

---> Pic

The Duke of York and Princess Eugenie attend a banquet to celebrate