Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 3: March 2007-September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrew, like Charles, has definitely improved with age.

I enjoyed the photos and the video. It's good to see the family together;Sarah and Andrew are making sure that their girls know that both parents are available to them by being on good terms with each other. Everyone looks well;but I agree with some of the posters that the stockings are a bit off( they were not flattering to her legs ,making them look chunky).Her skirt needed to be longer,to the knee,as well,to elongate her figure. I'm 48 years old,like Sarah,and know how hard it is to stay current with fashion,but the best bet is to be classic and not trendy,stylish and not "fashionable" because "fashionable" doesn't always equal "well dressed."Andrew has it easier;he puts on a well-tailored suit and he's fine!;)

It's interesting to see how they have changed, the dashing young Prince in the Falklands to the mature, refined man he has become. HM's address was in that as well. HM in 1957 looking, and almost behaving, rather girlish, to this Matriarch, solid, steady, comforting.
Great STUFF! :flowers:

Provision for title

I was wondering if there was any provision made for the possibility of Prince Andrew not having a son to carry on the "Duke of York" title when he was created the "Duke of York"? Does anyone know?

I was wondering if there was any provision made for the possibility of Prince Andrew not having a son to carry on the "Duke of York" title when he was created the "Duke of York"? Does anyone know?
I don't know if the Duke of York title works like that. I think it is like the second son of the monarch gets the title, so maybe Prince Harry will get the title after Charles is king.

It is a grace and favor title bestowed by HM from what I understand. Warren or branch would be better able to explain it.
Gentlemen?

Pic 11.1.2008

Prince Andrew, Duke of York, listens to a guide during his visit to the
Karnak Temple in Luxor, Egypt, 11 January 2008. Prince Andrew is on
a private visit to Egypt.

----> Pic

Ahhh . . . the casual look. Very nice, Ice!! Love those shades, too.

I hear Princess Beatrice is with him on this trip, hopefully we'll see some new pictures.

I hear Princess Beatrice is with him on this trip, hopefully we'll see some new pictures.
Excellent! I'm sure Iceflower will track down any pics available. Can't wait.

Thanks for the link, evnovoros! Sounds like alot of fun!

Pics 16.1.2008

Excellent! I'm sure Iceflower will track down any pics available. Can't wait.
I'll try my best :) So far I only found new pics of Andrew:

Paul Casey of England with His Royal Highness Prince Andrew at the par
5, 10th hole during the pro-am in the Abu Dhabi Golf Championship held
at the Abu Dhabi Golf Club on January 16, 2007 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates

That look on the last one is too funny ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Thats what I like to see. Andy working hard, putting Britain first. This really irritates me. He complains that he isn't taken seriously and then lives up to his stereotype unashamedly. The man's mad.

iceflower,
Thanks a lot for photos!:flowers::flowers:
I can't help noting that Prince Andrew looks great. It's ages since I have seen his photos.

I must be the only one who doesn't think it's so bad that Andrew likes to golf. Everyone has some hobby and golf seems like one of the healthier hobbies one could find.

Okay, he seems a little obsessed with golf. And it's not necessary for him to play golf wherever he goes.

But we've also been informed that Andrew has been working on this trip--meeting various officials, etc--doing what he's supposed to do. So he wants to take a little break to play golf? I don't think it's so bad.

I must be the only one who doesn't think it's so bad that Andrew likes to golf. Everyone has some hobby and golf seems like one of the healthier hobbies one could find.

Okay, he seems a little obsessed with golf. And it's not necessary for him to play golf wherever he goes.

But we've also been informed that Andrew has been working on this trip--meeting various officials, etc--doing what he's supposed to do. So he wants to take a little break to play golf? I don't think it's so bad.
I have no problem at all with him playing golf but did he agree to this trip, only because their was a golf tournament, which seems to have been the case in the past. It is a fortuitous coincidence that there just happened to be a tournanent and he happened to have his clubs with him, again! :rolleyes:

My parents went on many business trips and took their golf clubs with them on numerous occasions. You can't expect the man to hang out in his hotel when business is complete for the day. I have also when I was younger gone on some of those trips with my parents and learned about the area with them when they were not working.

My parents went on many business trips and took their golf clubs with them on numerous occasions. You can't expect the man to hang out in his hotel when business is complete for the day. I have also when I was younger gone on some of those trips with my parents and learned about the area with them when they were not working.
:flowers: This isn't a quick game in the evenings, this is a full day on the course, at taxpayers expense! The difference being that I presume your parents are not kept by UK taxpayers and you are not answerable to the people of this country for your behaviour. If your mother and father were both working, who looked after you while they were out?:ermm: If an employee of mine was out playing golf or showing his daughter the sights on my time, I'm afraid that it would be instant dismissal! :eek: :flowers:

:flowers: This isn't a quick game in the evenings, this is a full day on the course, at taxpayers expense! The difference being that I presume your parents are not kept by UK taxpayers and you are not answerable to the people of this country for your behaviour. If your mother and father were both working, who looked after you while they were out?:ermm: If an employee of mine was out playing golf or showing his daughter the sights on my time, I'm afraid that it would be instant dismissal! :eek: :flowers:

I was only a few years younger then Princess Beatrice is now so there was no need for someone to look after me. While I admit to not being Royal and accountable to the British taxpayer I have read in many posts how people think that Beatrice isnt living up to her duties. They are making an attempt..albeit a small one...to introduce her to more formal duties than fashion shows and parties and still they are critisized for it. You never know out of this 2 hour time frame she may come away with a new understanding of how business works and change her current path.

Ice, Great photos! Andrew is as cute as ever!!!

And yes, even businessmen traveling take time to play golf. It's very common. Who's to say the British taxpayer is paying for golf? Most of the time royals get "freebies" when it comes to clubs and restaurants, etc. So probably no one is paying for him to play golf. Also, he's a guest of another country and often the hosts pick up the tab. I've seen pics of nearly every US president I can remember playing golf w foreign dignitaries. And guess who's paying for that? Me! But that's part of the whole thing, not just in Britain w royals but in all countries with visiting guests.

OMG does he look like Charles in Pic 2 or what?????

And yes, even businessmen traveling take time to play golf. It's very common. Who's to say the British taxpayer is paying for golf?
As I keep saying, nobody is bothered if he plays golf or not, but it seems very 'strange' that the places he chooses to go, have a golf tournament arranged. :rolleyes:(Tournament not a round). I wonder if he would have gone, if there had been no tournament. Had he played at the weekend, again that isn't a problem, but it was a working day, why wasn't he out doing what he is paid for? :ermm: I would also point out, again, that he is not just a businessman drumming up trade for his company, he is a member of the royal family supposedly earning his keep.

Last edited:
Bella,
You are absolutely right by stating that Prince Andrew is much more attractive than Prince Charles.:):flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom