Prince Andrew, Duke of York Current Events 2: May 2006-March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me or Prince Andrew's new girlfirend is very alike Sarah?

For those of you with access to CNN International, I saw a promo piece on an interview with Prince Andrew coming up this weekend. The promo showed CNN reporter Richard Quest traveling with the prince. The segment is either called "Global Challenges" or "Business International" that airs this Saturday.

Incas said:
For those of you with access to CNN International, I saw a promo piece on an interview with Prince Andrew coming up this weekend. The promo showed CNN reporter Richard Quest traveling with the prince. The segment is either called "Global Challenges" or "Business International" that airs this Saturday.
Do you know what time it will air in the Netherlands. CNN timing really confuses me

Well, I think Angie is much prettier than Sarah. I don't know anything about Angie, but Sarah didn't/doesn't seem to have much class either. :rolleyes:

Prince Andrew taken by Ace Kindred Cheong

PrinceAndrew034.jpg

Nice pictures, PrincessDianaFan. I think Andrew's looking really good these days.

Prince Andrew in Ukraine
Within the framework of a two-day visit to Ukraine His Royal Highness Prince Andrew, the Duke of York met with acting Prime Minister Yuriy Yekhanurov to discuss bipartite cooperation in the economic sector.
Ukraine, Kyiv

photos by : Volodymyr Repik/Ukrinform

Thanks for the picture, Purple. Very nice. His hair looks lighter and it's thinning out a bit but I still find him a very attractive man.

Prince Andrew, Duke of York, will represent Britian on the fifth anniversary of the September 11 terror attacks, during a solemn ceremony at Ground Zero. He will speak briefly and will meet victims' families who have flown out for the occasion.
A group of 67 British police officers will form a guard of honour on the perimeter of the garden, representing the 67 Britons who were killed in 2001.

http://www.24dash.com/content/news/viewNews.php?navID=7&newsID=9973

Last edited:
Thats nice of him cant wait to hear the speech

Why *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* will she be there? Well probably just to annoy me!

The article says that "The duchess wanted to be there to show her support for the British families attending" and forget to mention that she wouldn't miss such a huge photo opportunity with her royal EX-husband.

GRRRRRRR Grrrrr grrrrrrrrrr

Princess BellyFlop said:
Why *sigh* *sigh* *sigh* will she be there? Well probably just to annoy me!

The article says that "The duchess wanted to be there to show her support for the British families attending" and forget to mention that she wouldn't miss such a huge photo opportunity with her royal EX-husband.

GRRRRRRR Grrrrr grrrrrrrrrr
She's no longer a member of the royal family so why would she be there? And didn't she publicly humiliate the BRF and her husband? He deserves so much better than her. :sad: Sorry Fergie fans.

andrew and sarah in a royal act together?
great news!

corazon said:
great news!

I agree. If she appears at functions with Andrew, it's obvious that he wants her there. It's not as if she is trying to muscle in on a new wife's turf. Let him be happy if he wants her by his side.

Laviollette said:
She's no longer a member of the royal family so why would she be there? And didn't she publicly humiliate the BRF and her husband? He deserves so much better than her. :sad: Sorry Fergie fans.

If they've chosen to be friends following the divorce, maybe not just for the kids but for themselves, who's to say he's wrong in doing that? Too many divorced couples are bitter and hateful towards each other; I think it's rather nice that despite all that has gone down between them, they can still be friends.

I just hope they're not planning on re-marrying. That would be a mistake.

corazon said:
great news!

NO (thank God) they will NOT be in a royal act together.

The article is specific about that and says that she was invited at the British Memorial Garden site because she apparently has a special link with the 9/11 events considering that her charity (Chances for Children) was located in the towers and that one of the red-haided dolls that was sold by this organization was found at the site. Andrew is the ONE attending officially as a royal. And I don't believe that they will act together at the same event but I might just be wishing that.

They seem to have an extremely civil divorce. Regardless of what Sarah has done in the past, that speaks well for her character and her concern for her daughters that she's made an effort to get along with Andrew and be pleasant all of these years. It could so easily have gone another way....

I remember in an interview, Sarah mentioned that she was supposed to be at the WTC that day. Her charity, Children in Crisis, had an office with Canter Fitzgerald. Perhaps on a more personal level, Sarah wanted to participate in the anniversary service. That she is going with Andrew doesn't necessarily have to do with her relationship with her ex-husband.

I think it rather sad, some of the comments made about sarah. She is going to pay her respects to the British that were lost on 9/11, some who were her friends. In fact had she not been late that day it could have been her life that was lost too. Andrew had been on his way to New York that day when his plane was sent back to England. He could have ended up raising those girls on his own.

Andrew and Sarah can't win. If they had a cool post-divorce relationship, they would have seen Sarah labeled "bitter". Having a good post-divorce relationship also brings out all the Sarah haters. She was married to him for several years, she is the mother of his children. They are going to have a relationship in some form for the rest of their lives. He has had plenty of opportunity to re-marry and has not done so. They obviously enjoy each other's company. Let it go already. If Andrew can forgive her, and he was the injured party, who are we to say otherwise?

Well we'll know what happens at the ceremony soon enough.

As for the relationship Andrew and Sarah have, I think it's splendid that they get on so well and that there has been no sniping and bitterness since the divorce. They are behaving like mature adults should, but seldom do.

I think it would be nice if they were secretly back together.

kimebear said:
She was married to him for several years, she is the mother of his children...... He has had plenty of opportunity to re-marry and has not done so.....If Andrew can forgive her, and he was the injured party, who are we to say otherwise?

Yes, she was married to him but for a few years. If Andrew can forgive her, and he was the injured party, who are we to say otherwise? I'm just a concerned fan of Andrew:ermm: . I wonder if, after the infamous incidents and dishonors brought up on him by his ex-wife, he might not have a self-esteem problem and be afraid he's not worth of any true love. After all, Sarah's father said how much she was more in love with being part of the royal family than with Andrew. And her actions proved it.

CATS said:
Andrew had been on his way to New York that day when his plane was sent back to England. He could have ended up raising those girls on his own.

And I have no doubts that he would have done a wonderful job in that situation too.

Princess BellyFlop said:
Yes, she was married to him but for a few years. If Andrew can forgive her, and he was the injured party, who are we to say otherwise? I'm just a concerned fan of Andrew:ermm: . I wonder if, after the infamous incidents and dishonors brought up on him by his ex-wife, he might not have a self-esteem problem and be afraid he's not worth of any true love. After all, Sarah's father said how much she was more in love with being part of the royal family than with Andrew. And her actions proved it.

Randy Andy with a self esteem problem? I don't think so. If he does have one, it pre-dates Sarah as he is living the exact same playboy life now as he was before he got married. I like Andrew. He was a brave soldier. But it does take two to make a marriage work. Sarah should not have had an affair, but he should have fought harder to have her with him during his naval duty when she asked to go. After all if it was okay for the queen (then princess) to go with her husband, a mere duchess should have been allowed the same. I think many women who are only allowed to be with their husbands for 30 days in a year would look for comfort elsewhere. Especially ones under the intense pressures of being in the royal family, disliked by many of the royals and members of the press who berated her constantly and public who couldn't stop comparing Diana to Sarah. I'm not excusing Sarah, because I do not believe in infidelity and she was wrong, but logically I can see how it happened. To keep rehashing the same nonsense over and over again (the affair, the affair, the toes, OH MY!!!!) just gets tiring and has no place in a current news thread. Andrew has his work activities, he dates and he spends time with his ex-wife. It works for him. All the freedom of dating whom he wants, and none of the responsibility of being a married man. When he wants family life, he calls Sarah and the girls and he has it. Maybe, just maybe, they both like it this way. As for what her father said, well, I've never heard this before. In any case, true or not, it was an inconsiderate thing for a father to do to his daughter in public (think Jon Voight with Angelina Jolie), so I do not hold a high opinion of him for doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom