Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 5: September 2009-July 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:Hey D, don't take this the wrong way, given the history of the Kents finances, can they afford this goodwill gesture?

:previous:Hey D, don't take this the wrong way, given the history of the Kents finances, can they afford this goodwill gesture?

To quote from the article "I along with other donors from London pledge donation of USD 1,00,000....." - The article does not clarify how much of the $100,000 comes from the Kents themselves.

How many $000,000 exactly, its a bit confusing. And my first thought was - how are they going to pay for that!

$100,000 or one hundred thousand. The Kent's contribution to the 100,000 has not been announced.

It is nice to see that Prince Michael participates in fundraising for the people affected by the Mumbai terror attack.

To quote from the article "I along with other donors from London pledge donation of USD 1,00,000....." - The article does not clarify how much of the $100,000 comes from the Kents themselves.

Yes and I doubt it's much what comes from the Kents themselves...

Prince Michael of Kent has found himself at the centre of a row over the Mumbai terror attacks.
The Queen's cousin is the patron of a charity set up after the atrocity. But he was forced to defend his position after claims surfaced that the London businessman who set up the foundation is not the hero he had claimed to be.

Read more: Prince Michael caught up in row over 'bogus hero' of Mumbai terror attacks | Mail Online

It is a sad development. I hope that Prince Michael and the charity he helped to set up are not used by dishonest people attempting to capitilise on tragic events.

:previous:
Two beautiful videos, but what an awful story about the mubai attacks., :ermm:

ROYAL BLOG: PRINCE MICHAEL BIDS TO CLEAR GEORGE V'S NAME OVER TSAR'S DEATH

He does a fair amount of business in Russia and trades on the family connection, even though it has always been a matter of regret inside the British Royal Family that the Queen - and Prince Michael's - grandfather George V failed to help rescue Nicholas and his family when they were toppled by the Russian revolution.

But now the Queen's cousin, who was named after Grand Duke Michael Alexandrovich, the last Tsar's younger brother, has gone public on what he says were plans drawn up by the then King to rescue his Russian cousin and other members of the family.

http://www.express.co.uk/blogs/post...ds-to-clear-George-V-s-name-over-Tsar-s-death

Pics 6.2.2010

Prince Michael of Kent (Regimental Colonel of the Honourable Artillery
Company) leads the parade as 14th Regiment Royal Artillery fire a 62-
Gun Salute at the Gun Wharf of the Tower of London on February 6,
2010 in London, England. The 62-Gun salute was to mark the 58th
anniversary of HM Queen Elizabeth II's accession to the throne.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery **

Thank you very much for the pictures, Iceflower. :flowers: I can't deny that in these pictures Prince Michael really does look like an aged Tsar to me...

I can't deny that in these pictures Prince Michael really does look like an aged Tsar to me...

Oh Dear! The mind can play tricks when it is not fully awake. I read that as "Princess Michael", and wondered what horror of a photograph could have prompted such a remark. :lol:

Now that I have seen the photo of Prince Michael, I totally agree with you.

Thank you very much for the pictures, Iceflower. :flowers: I can't deny that in these pictures Prince Michael really does look like an aged Tsar to me...
You're right, there is a strong resemblance.

Thanks a lot for the photos!
It is always a pleasure to see Prince Michael participating in official engagements.

Mystery of Prince Michael's £800,000 cash injection - Telegraph

When Prince Michael of Kent and his two siblings raised £2.1 million at Christie's in November from the sale of more than 300 heirlooms from their late parents' estate, it was widely assumed that the 67-year-old cousin of the Queen was in need of the windfall. Now, however, Mandrake can disclose how precarious Prince and Princess Michael's finances really are.

:previous:
I think that Prince and Princess Michael's financial situation should concern a close circle of people. As far as I know they do not receive any taxpayer funds and are going to pay a commercial rent for their apartment. They have a full right not to reveal any information about £800,000 unless they are required to do so in accordance with the law.

I agree with you, Al_Bina. I don't get it why their finances are always such a topic, as far as they don't live at the expense of taxpayers. :confused:

Yes but it certainly didn't help matter for Lord Freddie to go blabbing about how much his father makes in Russia. . . :bang:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but it certainly didn't help matter for Lord Freddie to go blabbing about how much his father makes in Russia. . . :bang:

A friend of the couple, whose son, Lord Frederick Windsor, married the actress Sophie Winkleman in September, insists, however: "Don't you worry about their being hard up. Michael makes an awful lot of money in Russia."

It was a so called "friend" who went blabbing but not Lord Freddie. :)

It was a so called "friend" who went blabbing but not Lord Freddie. :)
Thank you Westminster! :flowers: Russo has to remember to lay off the Evelyn Woods speed reading courses. They can muck things up a bit. :D

Last edited:
Mystery of Prince Michael's £800,000 cash injection - Telegraph

When Prince Michael of Kent and his two siblings raised £2.1 million at Christie's in November from the sale of more than 300 heirlooms from their late parents' estate, it was widely assumed that the 67-year-old cousin of the Queen was in need of the windfall. Now, however, Mandrake can disclose how precarious Prince and Princess Michael's finances really are.
More power to them if Prince Michael makes money in Russia or any other way. They need to make money some how since they don't receive a stipend.

They always have the option of moving from KP. Whilst £120,000 pa rent they pay (£2,300 per week) might seem like a lot to some, it is really not very much for the neighbourhood, and for an address like that.

Another quote from the article putting to rest, once again, the "too grand for us" tag:

The princess, now known by her husband’s name, was born Baroness Marie Christine Agnes Hedwig Ida von Reibnitz on January 15, 1945, to a central European aristocratic family in Bohemia, the only daughter of Baron Gunther Hubertus von Reibnitz and Countess Maria Anna Szapary von Muraszombath. The Queen of England famously called her “too grand” for the British royal family. “This is one of those quotes like ‘Let them eat cake’ that has been taken out of context. Basically, Lord Mountbatten [uncle of the Queen’s husband, the Duke of Edinburgh] was trying to sell me to the Queen as a potential wife to Prince Michael. I am Catholic and foreign so it was not an easy sell. He laid it on a bit thick and she came out with the line ‘she sounds a bit too grand for us’. He thought it was terribly funny.”

On the press:

“What happens when you marry into the royal family is your privacy is suddenly gone and you don’t value your privacy until it is no longer there,” she says. “We’re not so interesting now we’re older but I had to send my daughter to America to study so she could be in peace. She is very beautiful and the papers followed her everywhere.”

Like several members of the British royal family, the princess has a tricky relationship with the press, which has dubbed her “Princess Pushy”. The nickname apparently came from Princess Anne, but has been adopted by the British media and public because Princess Michael has a reputation for being rather attention-grabbing. For example, at her son’s wedding, when she wore an extremely low-cut dress, the press accused her of trying to steal the limelight from his bride. Does she think the label is fair? “Life was never meant to be fair,” she says. “You have to deal with the cards you have as best you can. And I am very fortunate to have a wonderful husband who loves me, my children and my health.”

One more sentence to add:

"They will always have to have a bad girl in the family..but I'm not going to have sleepless nights worrying about what the good citizens of Newcastle are thinking about me."

In one of my books (wrote by prof Preozarbinski) I have read that Queen called H.R.H. Princess Michaels of Kent "the most royal of princesses", does anyone know is it true, when and in what situation it was?

It might have to do with the bio. out on Marie Christine where she traced her blood line to include several ruling houses.

Maybe it was ironic due to the fact that she stated that she is the most blue-blooded person to marry into the royal family since Prince Philipp...

So,here is an example how one fact can be "twisted" in eyes of others...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom