Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 3: March-September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the relationships between the Prince and Princess of Kent and the Duke and Duchess of Kent?

princesteve said:
What are the relationships between the Prince and Princess of Kent and the Duke and Duchess of Kent?

Prince Micheal is the younger brother of the Duke of Kent. HRH Princess Alexandra, The Hon. Lady Ogilvy is their sisiter, and they are a cousin of Her Majesty The Queen (Their Father, The Duke of Kent, was a Brother of His Late Majesty King George VI).

I never realised that Princess Michael's first husband was the heir to a Baronet and has now inherited the title. If they were still married she would now be Lady Troubridge. The details are below.

Sir Thomas Troubridge, Bt.1 (M)
b. 26 December 1939, #101447
Last Edited=9 Mar 2003

Sir Thomas Troubridge, Bt. was born on 26 December 1939 in London, England.1 He married Marie-Christine Agnes Hedwig Ida Baronin von Reibnitz, daughter of Günther Hubertus Baron von Reibnitz and Maria Anna Carolina Franziska Walpurga Bernadette Szapáry von Muraszombath, Széchysziget und Szapár, Countess Szapár, on 15 September 1971 in London.1
Sir Thomas Troubridge, Bt. gained the title of Baronet Troubridge.2 His marriage to Marie-Christine Agnes Hedwig Ida Baronin von Reibnitz was annulled in May 1978 by the Roman Catholic Church on disclosed grounds.

It was a Lady Troubridge in the 1920s who published that impressive tome, "The Book of Etiquette".

I believe they are the main story in Majesty Magazine for this month as well.

Lady Marmalade said:
I believe they are the main story in Majesty Magazine for this month as well.
Discussed further in Part 2.

There is a transcript of the Interview at The Royalist

Particularly love this:

[FONT=trebuchet,trebuchet ms][/FONT]
[FONT=trebuchet,trebuchet ms]TERRY WOGAN:[/FONT][FONT=trebuchet,trebuchet ms]"Why do I feel that you've got your tongue in your cheek when you say that?"[/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet,trebuchet ms]PRINCESS MICHAEL:[/FONT][FONT=trebuchet,trebuchet ms](laughing)[/FONT][FONT=trebuchet,trebuchet ms] "You're nowhere near my cheek, you have no idea where my tongue is."[/FONT]
[FONT=trebuchet,trebuchet ms][/FONT]

Last edited:
She has such a sharp and acerbic wit. It is needed in her case, as the press can be vicious towards her.

The fact that people can, despite what is written about her, express affection for Princess Michael is a testament to how good she is at expressing herself when she's interviewed one to one. She always comes across as bubbly and fun and seems genuinely hurt about the press coverage of her. The British press really are very one dimensional in their reporting of Royalty, you are either "bad" or "good" with them and once they have established what you are the reporting is all the one way every time.

It's about time they sold it. At the same time it did look like a nice enough place to live too bad they had to sell it.

Is she or isn't she? British princess linked to Russian 'toyboy'

LONDON (AFP) - A whiff of scandal returned to the British monarchy with claims that the 61-year-old wife of a cousin of Queen Elizabeth II is having a fling with a 40-year-old Russian furniture tycoon.
In a front-page splash, The News of the World newspaper said Princess Michael, who has been married to Prince Michael of Kent since 1978, had a romantic break with long-haired Mikhail Kravchenko in Venice, Italy.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060422/wl_uk_afp/britainroyalbirthday_060422230439

Princess Pushy and her secret nights with a playboy

Princess Michael of Kent was at the centre of fresh controversy last night after she was photographed with a millionaire Russian playboy after spending four nights in the same luxury Venice hotel.
The 61-year-old Princess booked into the £2,200-a-night five-star Cipriani Hotel with furniture tycoon Mikhail Kravchenko, 40.
According to reports, the Princess stayed in a lavish apartment and also booked a second bedroom next door.
Her spokesman Simon Astaire said last night: "I have spoken to the Princess and she assures me that this gentleman is a friend. Her husband is already aware of this friendship."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=383918&in_page_id=1766&in_a_source=&ito=1490

Omg, here we go again, I would not be surprise if she ends up getting a divorce, but I hope not. I do think she is one of the most interesting member of the royal family.

They've both strayed, repeatedly, for over two decades. They both always come back home, so I doubt this is any different. Princess Michael has been photographed with her lovers before (I remember one from the mid-1980s who was apparently a Texan -- supposedly John Kluge) and Prince Michael has had that "thing" with a ballerina. I don't see either one of them divorcing over this. For one thing, he can't afford a settlement, and she loves the title.

Prince Michael and a ballerina? How very Russian of him...:D

kelly9480 said:
They've both strayed, repeatedly, for over two decades. They both always come back home, so I doubt this is any different. Princess Michael has been photographed with her lovers before (I remember one from the mid-1980s who was apparently a Texan -- supposedly John Kluge) and Prince Michael has had that "thing" with a ballerina. I don't see either one of them divorcing over this. For one thing, he can't afford a settlement, and she loves the title.
I'm astonished! They have a sham marriage, they cheat on each other and everybody knows about it? Astonishing! I'm truly the last person to know.

Well, there's a certain amount of extrapolation going on in those articles. I mean, it isn't necessarily the case that two people spend the night together because they happen to be staying in the same hotel. However, since I assume the papers don't want to get stuck with libel lawsuits, I assume the articles aren't just made up out of thin air.

The Queen must be thrilled by this sort of publicity showing up right on top of the birthday celebrations.

I have to say I think these rumours and stories are rubbish. Princess Michael is a devout Roman Catholic woman who truly believes in family and marriage. This chap she's photographed with could be a friend or a cousin. It seems the trend now for friends to link arms, hold hands etc. The ones of them kissing are cheek kisses which Princess Michael seems to do to everyone she meets in her social bracket. Holding hands is unorthodox to some, but I know friends who hold hands like that.

He could be gay and she could revel in that as so many married women do. I can just imagine Marie Christine getting her own back on the press but flirting openly with him and it turns out he isn't the marrying kind. I don't think there's any substance in this at all.

Princess Michael is not nearly as devout as you assume. This woman has been divorced, her first marriage was to an Anglican in a civil ceremony. I don't see how you can see a woman who marries outside her faith in a ceremony her faith won't acknowledge as devout.

Laviollette said:
I'm astonished! They have a sham marriage, they cheat on each other and everybody knows about it? Astonishing! I'm truly the last person to know.
They love each other very much. Family friends have raised questions as to whether they're still "in love" (which is very different from simply loving another person), but they are still very affectionate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom