Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 3: March-September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Michael of Kent(M) attends the Farnborough Airshow on July 19, 2006 in Farnborough, England

from getty

Attachments

• 71.jpg
    71.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 211
  • 72.jpg
    72.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 209
I made three scans of the wonderful new pics of the Princess that were included in her Hello interview- hope you like them as well :) :

20zab1f.jpg
20zad1w.jpg
20zad7b.jpg

(HELLO)

Iceflower, thank you for the new scans from Hello. The lace dress is beautiful!

Thank you veery much iceflower! I love that picture with a little cheetah- it's really cute!

You must admit Princess Michael has got style. She's the only one in the RF that actually seems like a real person. I don't see why anyone else should mind that they have an open marriage if the two of them don't. Whenever they attend royal functions they act the part and are a credit to the RF. Every family needs its black sheep! I think they are wonderful, I actually sent them an e-mail thru their website and got an answer the next day- Now try that with any other member of the RF!

The first picture is beautiful. She looks younger with her hair and makeup like that. The dress is also beautiful -- it would also make a lovely wedding dressing. Does anyone know who the dress is by?

Thank you for scanning these images iceflower! :)

It said in the article it is by Gianfranco Ferre.

You are most welcome, ap3, mims111 and Alexandria! And I agree, she really looks wonderful, not to forget the setting of the photo shoot was breathtaking and I would love to see all the many pics that were taken - not only the ones that were published..:)

I dont know on this photo i think she is showing definite signs of bat brow.

I do like that photograph of Princess Michael. It's very glam and so regal that one simply can't mistake her for anyone else.

If you ever get a chance I highly recommend any of her books. They are really good reads and not at all gossipy, she really gets into the minds of the women she profiles. Cupid and the King is my favorite.

Erm, Pollyemma - what's bat brow?

I did look at the auction house's website and the stuff on offer isn't really outstanding. I was looking for anything owned by Princess Marina or something that one could proudly show of but I don't think a ceramic tea strainer onced owned by Princess Michael will wow them on the Antiques Roadshow, as much as I love Princess M.

CIRENCESTER, ENGLAND - AUGUST 17: Animal figurines, some of the lots on view at the Princess Michael of Kent possessions auction preview at Moore Allen & Innocent on August 17, 2006 in Cirencester, England. Miscellaneous items from the Princess former country home Nether Lypiatt Manor are to be auctioned tomorrow. (Photo by Matt Cardy/Getty Images):

24wzred.jpg

If you look at the first pic you can see that there is a lot of junk and trash - well, at least in my eyes, things you get as a present and that you keep in the hindmost corner of your cupboard ;) - but I think there are also some precious objects like these paintings.

24wzu2v.jpg

And lots of cats of course..:)
(Gettyimages)

iceflower said:
If you look at the first pic you can see that there is a lot of junk and trash - well, at least in my eyes, things you get as a present and that you keep in the hindmost corner of your cupboard ;)
And lots of cats of course..:)

I saw a newspaper article detailing some of the items that were even worse and as a result were going to a car boot sale. :ohmy:

iceflower said:
If you look at the first pic you can see that there is a lot of junk and trash - well, at least in my eyes, things you get as a present and that you keep in the hindmost corner of your cupboard ;)

Thank you for the scans ice :).

Why would anyone keep in her possession ceramic ducks with broken heads?! Worse even why would anyone want to sell it?! :wacko:

Beats me ;)!

Only today I saw that wonderful scans of yours, ice... she looked wonderful!!

The first picture is overwhelming. Alexandria is right, for a tall bride it would look lovely as a wedding gown...

I'm scanning an article from Hola magazine dated some years ago with the Princes in an home and intimate atmosphere - the Prince working in the garden and the Princess in the kitchen so it was really nice to see those posh pictures against the natural ones... I hope to be able to post them next week :cool:.

Regards,
mtbcm

You are most welcome, mtbcm :flowers: I had the same in mind as to those broken things..:lol: And I'm glad you finally found my scans and liked them as well, I'm already looking forward to the pics you talked about, I do not know them yet, but I already have an idea how they could look like :)

On post 167, on the left side, I noticed a couple of geese lost their heads, they came from the gift shop at the Tower of London? :ohmy:

decapitation jokes aside, I got to say... Wow! on post 153 she looks great! That lady exudes royalty in every take. I also like her because she loves cats.

Last edited:
Princess's cast-offs raise £8,500

Many of the items had been derided as "tat". But Princess Michael of Kent had the last laugh yesterday when many of the contents of her former home in the Cotswolds sold at auction for several hundred pounds more than the guide price.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/08/19/nkent19.xml

Princess Michael's boot sale

Some pictures of the auctioned items.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/galleries/index.html?in_gallery_id=8491&in_image_id=278496&in_page_id=1055

There are pics of the Prince and Princess on their summer holiday on Rex Features. Can anyone post these?

I can't post any from Rex, angela, but here are some others:

"Prince and Princess Michael of Kent in Porto Rotundo, Sardinia, Italy - Aug 2006"

2621xeg.jpg
2622ikh.jpg
2622jif.jpg

(picturedesk)

Titale

princess olga said:
Great question. It took me years to find out 'Princess Michael's first name! Seems so strange anyway, that concept of 'Princess <insert first name of hubby>'. I mean, we never knew, say, Diana by: "Princess Charles of Wales"? Seems the archaic equivalent of wearing a burka for some reason.

Diana was not, princess Diana, she was, Diana, princess of wales, and could be styled princess Charles

The same was with Sarah,duchess of York, could be styled princess Andrew

Princess Michael of Kent is seen during the opening of the 6th Exhibition Week of Decor of the Mezzanine Magazine at the Central Exhibition Hall Manezh.
(photos by Fomichev Mikhail/uppa)

Great pics, thanks a lot for posting, purple!
The princess looked very good and it seems to be a very interesting exhibition, surely a theme she herself is interested in :)

On the "Jewels of Royal and Princley Families" website it says that the jewellry the Princess is wearing in the above photos belonged to the Duchess of Windsor and was purchased by Prince Michael in 2004 from an auction at Christies in New York.The earclips were sold for $54.970 and the necklace (of which the brooch is part of) for $119,500.They are made of a very expensive quartz apparently and set with diamonds in the centre. And to think I thought it all looked like plastic! (Picture below from the Christies catalogue of "Jewels of Style-The Personal Collection of Fred Leighton"-Cecil Beaton circa 1967) "J.ewels of Style The Personal Collection of Fred Leighton"

oChristies "Je
walliscalce.jpg
(Phot(

(To of the Duchess wearing the earclips and brooch as wels of Style The Personal Collection of Fred Leighton" saw the sale of the chalcedony suite. The earclips, lot 462, were sold for $54,970 (USD); the necklace, lot 463, was sold for $119,500 (USD);

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom