Prince and Princess Michael of Kent Current Events 1: May 2003-October 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can find pics of Princess Michael at Italian State Visit to Great Britain thread.THere are some pics there agisele.

agisele said:
she's called Princess Michael, because upon her marriage to Prince Michael, she was a Catholic. and according to the rules, when a member of the royal family marries a catholic, he loses his rights to the throne.

therefore it meant that upon her marriage to Prince Michael, she did not get a title of her own, and therefore is now known as Princess Michael of Kent.

that makes sense. Thanks again agisele

I feel that a defense of Princess Michael is in order but only purely on my own experience I'm afraid. Even so I believe that first hand accounts of a person are worth more than a hundred tabloid articles so here is my anecdote. I have met the Princess and must admit that I found her charming; self-depreciating and funny. Like most people I was prepared for a very imperious lady and was apprehensive about meeting her. However my fears were unfounded. Like most junior Royals her visit was ignored by the national press and only covered by the local paper however she over ran her visit and made time for everyone. No one had a bad word to say about her, indeed we were all surprised by how natural she was. I simply didn't recognise the person the tabloids portray, namely a woman who demands that everyone she meets lies prostrate before her. She has made some ill-advised comments about the Royal Family over the years but I think they have been more impulsive than malicious. I also think that, like all the Kent family, she has star quality and the Royal Family would be a duller place without her.

Last edited:
I just found these pictures of Prince and Princess Michael attended the Reception for Italian President's State Visit at Guildhall on 16th March:

Attachments

• akent2.jpg
    akent2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 245
  • akent3.jpg
    akent3.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 243
  • akent1.jpg
    akent1.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 200
Thanks for sharing your first-hand account, James. It's so easy to stereotype people you don't know that it's nice to see a different perspective.

Last week, Prince Michael was in Samarkand in Uzbekistan which is one of the jewels of the Islamic world and is actually much older as well. Alexander the Great went there back in 329 BC. Here is Prince Michael along with some photos of Samarkand:

Attachments

• mciharldekent.jpg
    mciharldekent.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 187
  • Sam1.jpeg
    Sam1.jpeg
    47.7 KB · Views: 176
  • Sam2.jpeg
    Sam2.jpeg
    55.5 KB · Views: 155
  • Sam3.jpeg
    Sam3.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 221
  • Sam4.jpeg
    Sam4.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 160
  • sam5.jpeg
    sam5.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 179
  • sam6.jpeg
    sam6.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 169
  • sam7.jpeg
    sam7.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 202
Princess Micheal & the Hapsburgs?

Hi,
I just finished reading "Death by Fame" by Andrew Sinclair and on the back pages he is "grateful to Princess Michael of Kent with her Hapsburg family connections" Ive never read or seen any pictures of her spending time with Dr. Otto or Geza who is a writer or Archduke Karl so who gave out information ?for pictures and book research. I've read her other books and and after readiing this it's too much like her" style" and I think she had a hand in it.
Wittykitty:confused:

The Princess was at the 90th birthday party of an old Hapsberg gentleman a few years ago. I saw pictures but not sure who he was. Queen Silvia of Sweden and Prince Felipe were also there.

The Prince and the Princess attending the Wedding of Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla last month 9th April:

Attachments

• gamma093594.jpg
    gamma093594.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 283
Habsburgs

james said:
The Princess was at the 90th birthday party of an old Hapsberg gentleman a few years ago. I saw pictures but not sure who he was. Queen Silvia of Sweden and Prince Felipe were also there.

It was the 90th birthday party for the Archduke Otto, the Head of the House of Habsburg, in 2002.

Princess Michael's mother was a Countess Szapary, and one of her grandmothers was a Princess of Windisch-Graetz. Hence her connections with the old Habsburg Empire aristocracy.

Last edited:
i got news from Mirror newspaper also check it out on http://www.mirror.co.uk

PRINCESS SELLING UP
PRINCE and Princess Michael of Kent have put their 36-acre home up for sale for £6million.​

It follows Princess Pushy's vow to leave Britain after foxhunting was outlawed.

She said the ban would make life "too boring".

Now she is believed to be looking for a new place in France. She and her husband will live in their apartments at Kensington Palace while Grade I listed Nether Lypiatt Manor near Stroud, Glos, is sold.

The manor dates back to 1703. An agent said: "It's a wonderful house."​

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, she's to be admired for sticking to her convictions - I'm sure a lot of people had a lot to say about leaving the country if hunting was banned or if the government got reelected or whatever, and of course they never do. But the idea that her life was so bound up with hunting that she can't make up the difference in a way she considers interesting seems to be a rather extreme case of having a hobby rule your existence.

Prince Michael of Kent and Valentina Drouin attend the annual summer party at Sotheby's, New Bond Street on June 6, 2005 in London, England.

Attachments

• 53030780.jpg
    53030780.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 227
  • 53030789.jpg
    53030789.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 204
  • 53030788.jpg
    53030788.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 204
  • 53030786.jpg
    53030786.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 227
  • 53030778.jpg
    53030778.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 238
1.Princess Michael at Wedding of Prince Edward in 1999:
2.Prince and Princess Michael and Princess Alexandra of Kent at the Queen Mother's Funeral in April 2002.
3.Princess Michael at Chelsea Flower Show in May 2002.
4.Prince and Princess Michael attended the Concert for the Queen's Golden Jubilee in June 2002 at Buckingham Palace.
5.Banquet for the Russian President Putin in 2003
6,7.Prince Michael attended celebrations for the 200th Anniversary of Trafalgar Battle with Prince Andrew yesterday 29th June.
8.Princess Michael and the Duke of Kent watch the mixed double final between Mahesh Bhupathi of India and his teammate Mary Pierce of France and Paul Hanley of Australia and his teammate Tatiana Perebiynis of Ukraine at the 119th Wimbledon Tennis Championships in London, 03th July.
9.Prince Michael visited the Living Museum and talked to the veterans this morning.

Attachments

• UA_016284C.jpg
    UA_016284C.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 721
  • UC_019100_G.jpg
    UC_019100_G.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 303
  • UE_019297_0037.jpg
    UE_019297_0037.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 246
  • UGL_019250F_17A.jpg
    UGL_019250F_17A.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 316
  • UGL020058_0005.jpg
    UGL020058_0005.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 312
  • 2801375.jpg
    2801375.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 181
  • 2801381.jpg
    2801381.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 53190915.jpg
    53190915.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 242
  • Insight_jul05_pok1_large.jpg
    Insight_jul05_pok1_large.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 203
Last edited by a moderator:
I've been reading The Royals by Kitty Kelley, and, in that book, there are several things about Princess Michael of Kent which are utterly unflattering. For one, Kelley talks about how Princess Michael had several lovers, many American. For another, she said the Queen and Prince Phillip call her "Our Val" because she looks like the Viking Valkyries (not so derogatory). But anyway, she talks about how the rest of the royals simply view Prince and Princess Michael of Kent as the equivalent of what in America would be trailer trash.

Love her or hate her, Princess Michael is the most glamorous member of the House of Windsor. I think her so called remark on 'go back to the colonies' was quite exagerated by the New York papers that are no more than tabloids disguised as real newspapers. But she has a tendency to speak her mind and that rubs a lot of people the wrong way, even when she just expresses a point of view. Like when she said that the english she knows (I guess she is talking about the British aristocrats, not the english people in general) treat their dogs better than they treat their children.
She was also one of the few royals who openly came to the defense of Prince Harry and asked the press to leave the kid alone. That's more than Harry's aunt and uncles and grandparents ever said in public to defend him from harrasment. So, love her or hate her, she is quite entertaining.

I just saw Princess Michael on a French tv show. Aside from a few words the entire interview was in French. But I did make out that she talked about Prince Harry, Charles, and Camilla among other things.
I have some screen caps. Saving them takes no time but reformatting and resizing does. So if anyone would like to see them please let me know.

Toledo said:
Love her or hate her, Princess Michael is the most glamorous member of the House of Windsor. I think her so called remark on 'go back to the colonies' was quite exagerated by the New York papers that are no more than tabloids disguised as real newspapers. But she has a tendency to speak her mind and that rubs a lot of people the wrong way, even when she just expresses a point of view. Like when she said that the english she knows (I guess she is talking about the British aristocrats, not the english people in general) treat their dogs better than they treat their children.
She was also one of the few royals who openly came to the defense of Prince Harry and asked the press to leave the kid alone. That's more than Harry's aunt and uncles and grandparents ever said in public to defend him from harrasment. So, love her or hate her, she is quite entertaining.

Princess Michael is a few sandwiches short of a picnic and a snob also. Her Majesty cannot even stand her saying "She is much to grand for us." Princess Michael revels in having an HRH and making money from it for her grand expenditures.

While it is commendable that she stood up for Prince Harry's faux pas please remember she had her own personal motivation for standing up for Harry. She did it to further sanitize her father's WWII activities. He wore a swatstika but supposedly wasn't a "Nazi". This was her way of saying Harry isn't a Nazi just like my father wasn't a Nazi. Princess Michael never does anything that will not further her personal interests.

grecka said:
I've been reading The Royals by Kitty Kelley, and, in that book, there are several things about Princess Michael of Kent which are utterly unflattering. For one, Kelley talks about how Princess Michael had several lovers, many American. For another, she said the Queen and Prince Phillip call her "Our Val" because she looks like the Viking Valkyries (not so derogatory). But anyway, she talks about how the rest of the royals simply view Prince and Princess Michael of Kent as the equivalent of what in America would be trailer trash.
I read that one (not till the end though). The Kitty Kelley's book is notoriously one of the most erroneous book ever written on the BRF. She gets some basics facts so wrong that's it's laughable. But it is true that M-C had at least one lover (she was caught by paps).
Trailer trash? I don't think so...

tiaraprin said:
Princess Michael revels in having an HRH and making money from it for her grand expenditures.
I agree that MC is very grand and sometimes arrogant. But she hardly makes money from her title. She is an extremely talented writer (just read the critics of her books). The HRH status did not help Edward career (since he is so untalented) nor sell the Prince Charles' painting at a recent auction.

She did it to further sanitize her father's WWII activities. He wore a swastika but supposedly wasn't a "Nazi". This was her way of saying Harry isn't a Nazi just like my father wasn't a Nazi. Princess Michael never does anything that will not further her personal interests.
Do you consider the millions young Germans who were enrolled by force in the Hitler youth as Nazi? If the answer is yes, then OK, MC's father was a Nazi.
If not, you may check in any good history book that when Nazis went to occupy certain foreign countries, most members of the establishment and army were given SS rank and were compelled to wear Nazi uniform in order to accelerate the nazification.
It was what happened to MC's dad. Now he may not have been an hero of the resistance, but a Nazi? I don't buy it. Not at all.

BTW, it's Sarah, duchess of York, who said to the media to 'let the kid alone'. MC did a ambiguous comment to German press, which, while it intended to defend Harry, won her accusations of antisemitism.

Last edited:
Whether or not all that is true, I hope that Princess Michael reveals the name of her plastic surgeon, cause the old witch looks fabulous. Seriously, the lady's hips must be made of titanium by now, but she's still gorgeous. I'd pray to Ishtar to look that good at 60.

grecka said:
Whether or not all that is true, I hope that Princess Michael reveals the name of her plastic surgeon, cause the old witch looks fabulous. Seriously, the lady's hips must be made of titanium by now, but she's still gorgeous. I'd pray to Ishtar to look that good at 60.
:D Thank you, you made me laugh.

Idriel said:
Do you consider the millions young Germans who were enrolled by force in the Hitler youth as Nazi? If the answer is yes, then OK, MC's father was a Nazi.
If not, you may check in any good history book that when Nazis went to occupy certain foreign countries, most members of the establishment and army were given SS rank and were compelled to wear Nazi uniform in order to accelerate the nazification.
It was what happened to MC's dad. Now he may not have been an hero of the resistance, but a Nazi? I don't buy it. Not at all.

You may be right, but Princess Michael still has that stain on her "pedigree" to some and will do anything to erase it to look as if she is perfect. For her the point is not what her father did or did not do, it is how it looks to the world and makes her appear. Appearance is everything to Princess Michael.

grecka said:

You are too funny!!!:p Maybe that is why her and her husband have no money, it is spent to make sure she looks good!!!:p :p

I just found this picture of TRH atteding the 60th Anniversary of the end of World War II:
Picture from Uppa UK:

Attachments

• UDW022203_0180[1].JPG
    UDW022203_0180[1].JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 352
HMQueenElizabethII said:
I just found this picture of TRH atteding the 60th Anniversary of the end of World War II:
Picture from Uppa UK:
Thank you Queen Elizabeth.
That's a very funny picture. All men are walking next to their wives but Andrew, the notorious womanizer, find himself with the priest...

In HM Queen Elizabeth's photo posted 2 places above, is that Princess Alexandra with the Duke of Kent? I can't quite tell but it doesn't look like the Duchess.

It may well be; the Duchess doesn't attend many official functions any more, and Princess Alexandra still seems to do so.

I wonder why the Duke isn't wearing his Garter sash.

As I understand it, the Duchess withdrew from public life after her conversion to Catholicism. Was she maligned by the rest of the family for it? From what I've read, Princess Michael wasn't heavily ostracized due to her religion.

By the way, Pss Michael, again, looks fabulous. Again, a testament to whoever does the sucking and the pulling and the tucking for her.

grecka said:
As I understand it, the Duchess withdrew from public life after her conversion to Catholicism. Was she maligned by the rest of the family for it? From what I've read, Princess Michael wasn't heavily ostracized due to her religion.

I believe the Duchess voluntarily retired from public duty early on in this decade. I think the Duchess has had quite enough; she performed 40 years of public duty and perhaps has health problems none of us are aware of. She has had health problems in the past. I just hope she is doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom