Lord Frederick Windsor News 1: July 2003-September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um...hmm... The Queen and Prince Phillip can attend the Duke of Westminster's daughter's wedding back in November 2004, and that IS protocol....but NOT to attend a wedding a member of the royal family...IS protocol.... I am confused. Many royals were invited to that wedding, and had Charles been able to sit next to Camilla, they would have gone to. That wedding was merely an aristocratic one, NOT a royal or semi-royal one.

I have a feeling it has nothing to do with protocol...but with either a snub, or they all are genuinely busy with engagements.

I will give both Freddie and Sophie credit, unlike Peter and Autumn, they are NOT using it as some cheap way to get money like the Hello deal...

It is not a secret that Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is not fond of Princess Michael. Additionally, the reports in the mass media indicate that Princess Michael is acting like a bridezilla on a loose. When it comes to Prince Charles and his current wife, it is hard to tell why exactly they can not attend. Perhaps the couple has got an engagement strategically planned for the 12th of September, which will give them an excuse for not attending. It is possible that Princess Anne and Prince Edward with spouses may attend. As for the younger generation of royals, it is impossible to predict whether or not they will deign to appear.

:previous:

Not sure whether it was strategically planned, but Prince Charles and Camilla do have engagements on the day. At least, according to Clarence House spokesman (posted in a Daily Mail article):
'Unfortunately the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall will not be attending the wedding due to a prior public engagement. Prince William and Prince Harry will also not be attending due to previous private commitments.'

It was my assumption, which may be correct and incorrect, about Prince Charles and his current wife not attending the wedding. Overall, the mass media is going to gloat over the fact that senior royals are not able to attend the ceremony due to various commitments and engagements, which will be interpreted as a deliberate snub.

Um...hmm... The Queen and Prince Phillip can attend the Duke of Westminster's daughter's wedding back in November 2004, and that IS protocol....but NOT to attend a wedding a member of the royal family...IS protocol.... I am confused.
I'm confused too...and I wonder...

It's unlikley that Prince Charles is deliberatley avoiding it as Royal engagements are always planned months in advance. I do however think that the Queen has been a bit "out of order" with regards to the weddings of her cousins children in recent years. On this occasion she does have an important engagement to attend ie presenting medals to the widows of soldiers killed in Afghanistan but she missed all three of the Gloucester weddings. I thought it was rude not to have attended at least one as she has had plenty of loyalty and support from the DOG over the years but she found time to go to the Westminster wedding as well as the London weddings of King Constantine's son and daughter. Also the fact that she attended the weddings of the daughter of the Duke of Kent and Princess Alexandra's son shows that the protocol excuse is rubbish. I suspect that she won't attend Ella Windsor's wedding either when the time comes so I don't think it's personal it's just a bit odd.

This article is another installment in a negative coverage about the pushy monster-in-law and her spoilt son. The wedding in question is a just usual high-society wedding as was the wedding of Nicholas van Cutsem. It is not the royal wedding of the year. I for one think that a continuous barrage of criticism aimed at the couple and Lord Frederic's mother starts looking ridiculous. After reading the comments, one might think that the British tax payer funds the wedding.

I had hoped that Lady Gabriella would be a bridesmaid but I read Sophie's interview in Tatler today and she said that all of her bridesmaids are small. Eloise Taylor is one though so that will be nice to see. She also praises Princess M for the help she has given her so the DM can be ignored once again.

Who suggested his wedding was paid for by the taxpayer? I must have missed that story but it's clearly wrong. Even the dreaded Daily Mail hasn't tried to accuse him of that.

People are entitled to moan if tax payers money is being wasted but this wedding is being funded privately so there's no problem.

:previous::flowers: How many of the general public understand that though. :D

It has been my understanding that the couple will be re-locating to Los Angeles.

Yes, it was said that they move to L. A. and will live there. Sophie has a job there, a new series called "1000 questions" in which she plays one of the main characters, if I understood right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for the funny video, great to see Sophie playing. She's indeed a gorgeous young woman. :flowers:

New wife, new thread.

Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor
commencing September 2009 can be found here.

¤ ¤ ¤

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom