Lord Frederick Windsor News 1: July 2003-September 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, the Mail has nothing to write about and is trying to stir up a hornet's nest where there isn't one. The Gloucester daughters are higher up in succession than Lord Frederick Windsor.

And honestly, since there is such a fascination with the Prince and Princess Michael of Kent's finances would it make sense for them to have an expensive wedding/reception. Everyone would wonder the money is coming from.

And not to get off topic, but notice how no one ever talks about money and the Gloucesters?

And not to get off topic, but notice how no one ever talks about money and the Gloucesters?
erm' yes, :nonono: but the G's have behaved quite differently from the michael's, over the years haven't they? No scandals, bad mouthed comments, extravagance or anything else, the Duchess of G would never be caught dead showing as much cleavage as MC in her 60's. So they have basically earned, imho the respect they get from the public and media. You eat the broth you cook!

:previous:
Yes, we know that Prince and Princess Michael are always bad no matter what they do. What exactly has Lord Frederic done to deserve the media spite? At the same time, I am not surprised to read another bitter article related to the family of Prince and Princess Michael. It is up to Lord Frederic, Ms. Winkleman and their families to decide on the wedding arrangements. It is also nice to know that Lord Frederic, unlike Mr. Peter Philips, has not sold his wedding to some magazine.

Al_bina and Auntie....well..I think its a little of both - behavior of the Duchess of G and the press.

Honestly, Lord Frederick Windsor has been tagged the bad boy and while he has some brushes in the past...the last couple of years he has acted in a decent manner.

In regards to the wedding...I think its the press trying to make a mountain out of a molehill. Freddie and Sophie have decided to celebrate their marriage any way that they see fit (at long as it is not embarassing). And if the taxpayer is not paying for it...who cares?

Less than 2 weeks til the wedding Sept. 12th. :clap:

I noticed in one of the write-ups posted that the reception will be held at Anabell Goldsmith's estate. That's interesting. I didn't know the Kents were friends with the Goldsmith's.

I think, Lady Annabel Goldsmith is a very close friend to Princess Michael of Kent.

I believe that's true, Dierna -- it was reported earlier this summer when the news of Annabel's hosting the reception was first printed.

It is nice to know that Princess Michael has got close friends such as Lady Annabel. Given the bad press, I thought Princess Michael maintained only some lukewarm acquaintances with other people.
I am looking forward to seeing Lady Gabriella and Princess Michael in some gorgeous ensembles.

Windy and Winky's wobbly wedding: How Lord Freddie Windsor's wedding has spiralled out of control

Given the hierarchy of the guest list and the sheer amount of planning involved, the Winklemans were delighted when Marie Christine, Prince Michael’s 45-year-old wife, offered to organise the wedding.
The Princess – nicknamed Princess Pushy for her high-handed manner – has spent six months planning it with Freddie, who works for the bank JP Morgan, and her team of staff at Kensington Palace.

But, less than a week before their daughter’s special day, the parents of the bride are having serious doubts about their decision to hand over the reins.

The DM just can't resist opportunity to have a go at Princess Michael, can it? ;)
Love Windy and Winky though! :D

Last edited:
They really can't seem to resist! Most of the article seems like silliness, but if it's true, the nicknames of "Windy" and "Winky" are pretty darned hilarious. :lol:

No, they can't - the Daily Mail loves its "Princess Pushy" ;) Well, at least we have an insight in the guestlist and it looks like it could be one of the weddings of the year. I don't want to speculate, but if Prince William will attend the wedding I think there are good chances to see Miss Kate M. as well... Btw, a nice picture of Windy and Winky. :D

I'd wager that it's likely Kate would join William if he attends the wedding; she's been his "plus one" at almost all the recent weddings he's attended, I believe. But I do wonder if we'll see him there. Wasn't the earlier news that all three of the Wales princes were not going to attend?

Frankly, I'm most excited to see which tiara Sophie gets to wear!

If William attends I would be very surprised if Kate didn't attend with him.
She has attended a number of weddings with him and even attended Peter Philip's wedding without him.
They are clearly an item and the royal family has moved beyond the days where the mere girlfriend wasn't acknowledged, thank goodness.

Last edited by a moderator:
But I do wonder if we'll see him there. Wasn't the earlier news that all three of the Wales princes were not going to attend?

Well the previous article from Daily Mail says:

"The couple's marriage at Hampton Court has been tipped as the society wedding of the year, with guests including Princes William and Harry and Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie."

I think this wedding will be only attended by the younger generation of Royals, except the Duke and Duchess of Kent of course.

It sounds like Princess Michael has become a bridezilla at her own son's wedding. I wonder if perhaps she's trying to compensate for being denied a very grand royal wedding all of her own. Freddie and his fiancee might have done better by eloping, poor things, rather than saddling themselves or Sophie's parents with this debt.

Let's not put the cart before the horse. This is the Daily Mail after all...and they have been spinning all types of information regarding this wedding since the engagement was announced.

I hardly agree. The DM articles sound like the typical propaganda and polemic against "Princess Pushy". We will see things more clear on Saturday! And my goodness, Sophie Winkleman will be the most beautiful female member in the House of Windsor IMO... :flowers:

Can’t they at least not contradict themselves? I mean the 'society wedding of the year' article from the DM came only yesterday! :lol:

The absence of Prince Charles, Camilla, William and Harry looks more or less official. The DM quoted Clarence House spokesman: 'Unfortunately the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall will not be attending the wedding due to a prior public engagement. Prince William and Prince Harry will also not be attending due to previous private commitments.'

I wonder what 'private commitments' prevent William and Harry from attending?

Can’t they at least not contradict themselves? I mean the 'society wedding of the year' article from the DM came only yesterday! :lol:

That's exactly what I thought. :D I tend to say I don't trust this articles in the question of the guest list. I mean, for sure HM and the Duke of Edinburgh won't attend as well as Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall won't be under the guests. And its no surprise that Lord Linley won't come as well. :lol: I also could imagine that the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester won't attend the wedding because as far as I know there were no Prince and Princess Michael on their daughters weddings, but Ella and Freddie. So I think, at least one of the Gloucester-girls will be there (btw whats up with the Earl of Ulster? I haven't seen him for a long time).

The Earl and COuntess of Ulster were on the balcony at this year's Trooping.

To my knowledge the last royal wedding that all the senior royals attended was Peter Phillips and before that maybe Lady Helen Taylor or James Oligvy. The Princess Royal and the Wessexes attended Lady Rose Gilman but that was about it . Prince William didn't even attend Peter Phillips and they are very close.

For the Gloucesters, the younger royals attended by that was about it. Prince Harry and William certainly didn't attend. The Kents will show up en masse because they are first cousins.

But I agree that we need to wait until the actual event. The fact remains, that perhaps they (Freddie and Ella) aren't close to their cousins. But we shall never know until Saturday.

Until then, again the Daily Mail is running their negative coverage in the days prior to the wedding. Where is the joy?

I wonder the story will be tomorrow.....Princess Michael really isn't excited about Sophie joining the family but is putting on a brave face?

Last edited:

:lol: yes, there a few days left until saturday, in which the Daily Mail-writers can be very creative. I know nearly nothing about Ella's and Freddie's relationships between their cousins. But I think if they're invited and they have no engagements, they should attend. I can't imagine that Ella and Freddie have a close relationship to the Gloucesters (although Prince Michael was close to William and Richard when they were young), but they went to their weddings... However, I think we will see facts at saturday and that's it. :)

And thanks, EllieCat. :flowers: Sometimes I think I only recognize him on Trooping, no other occasions in which he is/was present.

It's no big deal who attends or not - I've got dozens of cousins and second cousins I've never even met before, let alone been invited to their weddings! The only thing the media needs to worry about is the bride's dress, mother of the bride/bridegroom's outfit and how many tiers are on the wedding cake!

Unsurprisingly Daily Mail continues to portray Princess Michael as a monster-in-law. I completely agree with Zonk noting that we have to wait and see who actually will attend the ceremony. At the same time, I did not expect senior royals to attend the wedding and mentioned it earlier in the thread.

I don't know why the DM is getting bogged down with who will go from the Queen's family anyway. At the end of the day the Kent family is a big clan within itself and even if only Princess Eugenie goes I don't see the need for more than one representative from the Queen's lot anyway. I must admit that I had a feeling that one if not both of the York girls would go as they seem to be quite freindly with Freddie and Ella. I remember seeing pics of them attending Eugenies' 17th birthday party at a London nightclub a couple of years ago and they, along with the Earl of Ulster and his wife, were among the few royals who turned up at Beatrice's 18th birthday party at Windsor a few years ago so this might be a case of loyalty being paid back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom