Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor News and Pictures 2: May 2004-October 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
iowabelle said:
My personal belief is that, given Edward's difficulty being taken seriously since he has an HRH and the accusations that he has used it for personal gain, Edward and Sophie might have decided to spare their children the burden of an HRH so that they can have more personal freedom.

I believe I read somewhere this was the intent in styling Louise as a daughter of an Earl, rather than a princess of the UK. Although, in my opinion, since everyone knows she is royal, I fail to see how it will make much of a difference in terms of publicity or "burden". Being royal IS a burden by its very definition, due to the duty involved.

I agree. We all hope that Louise's eye condition can be fixed. If not, Louise won't be the first royal with a visible physical issue (consider Princess Christina of the Netherlands). I don't think that people would be cruel to her either on account of it.

As an American, who is/was Princess Christiana of the Netherlands?

Princess Christina is the youngest sister of Queen Beatrix. She was born blind because her mother contracted rubella during a royal visit while pregnant.

There's a very short thread about her in the Dutch forum:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=440

and you can see her in photos of events where the whole family attends, such as weddings and funerals. She married a Catholic and they divorced some years later; she isn't in the line of succession to the throne, as far as I know.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for answering my question. I think The Royal Forums is very helpful and also very educational. I have learned so much about royalty around the world and find it very interesting.

I don't think the eye problem, if Louise has it- will in any way be visible enought to create problems of unaccepability. Many people are blind in one eye or have glass eyes and live normal lives. Look at Demi Moore whose left eye is a glass eye. Or Krisa Kyck, (I think I spelt that wrong - actress in Smallville, Earthsea and Snow White). She has a slight squint and no- one minds. Somethings people surprise even me.

Claire said:
I don't think the eye problem, if Louise has it- will in any way be visible enought to create problems of unaccepability. Many people are blind in one eye or have glass eyes and live normal lives. Look at Demi Moore whose left eye is a glass eye. Or Krisa Kyck, (I think I spelt that wrong - actress in Smallville, Earthsea and Snow White). She has a slight squint and no- one minds. Somethings people surprise even me.

What? I didn't know.

About Louise, if her eye is a problem, it will be her own problem, but I don't think it will be a social problem.

pics of holidays

louise.jpg

Pregnant or not, Sophie doesn't look always the same. Here she's quite different from the picture from the last garden party. Especially her legs, which look... er... less thin.

ElisaR said:
Pregnant or not, Sophie doesn't look always the same. Here she's quite different from the picture from the last garden party. Especially her legs, which look... er... less thin.

That could be because of the flip-flops (her flat sandals). High heels tend to make the legs look longer. Flip-flops don't, they just make it easier to walk in the sand.

hi people!!!! A card for the louise's birthday!;) I want see to the little princess for this birthday!!!!

Attachments

• 2 cumpleaños de louise.JPG
    2 cumpleaños de louise.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 662
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom