Lady Gabriella Windsor News 2: May 2007 - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This weeks edition of Hello magazine has a feature where some famous designers show what kind of dress they would make for her, Giles Deacon isn't among them so maybe he indeed has the comission. I wouldn't be surprised, I remember her patronising his clothes years ago before he became famous.

Do you think that Princess Michael's brother, Baron Frederick von Reibnitz will attend Lady Gabriella's wedding?

I Wonder who in the RF will attend…. I Don't remember for her brother's wedding

I Wonder who in the RF will attend…. I Don't remember for her brother's wedding

Freddie’s wedding was in September when the Queen was still on her regular late summer stay in Scotland. But she’s expected to attend Gabriella’s as it is at Windsor in May.
The Duke & Duchess of Kent, Lady Helen Taylor, Princess Alexandra and Princess Eugenie were at Freddie’s wedding. The Duchess of Cornwall's daughter Laura Lopes also attended and Marie-Chantal of Greece.

Possibly a magazine like Hello will provide lots of gorgeous photos and details of the special day.
Ella will be a beautiful bride, for sure, and any colour suits her.
I think her brother's wedding was published.

It was reported that Freddie and Sophie were offered a huge amount of money for a magazine exclusive on their wedding, but they turned it down.

"Lord Frederick, who is 31st in line to the throne, and Miss Winkleman, best-known for her role as Big Suze in comedy series Peep Show, turned down a "life-changing" sum of money from a celebrity magazine wanting to cover the wedding.
It is thought the couple were offered nearly £1 million, but instead chose to keep their wedding day private for themselves and their 400 guests."
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uk...ederick-Windsor-marries-Sophie-Winkleman.html

Last edited:
It was reported that Freddie and Sophie were offered a huge amount of money for a magazine exclusive on their wedding, but they turned it down.

So did Pippa Middleton and her husband.

I'm glad; I think it's tacky to do that.

(Although besides Peter Phillips, some of the Swedish RF accepted the money).

Her mother has an penchant for the dramatic. It will be interesting to see if that aesthetic has made it to the wedding dress.

I’ll certainly never forget the dress Princess Michael wore to her son’s wedding.

She stole the Show with her dress and her necklace. I hope this time she will be less Princess Pushy !

It wasn’t her necklace that I am remembering...

Does any one have a picture of her at the wedding

Princess Pushup?

Sorry... hadda do it. :hiding:

Out of curiosity since I wasn't following the extended family at the time, how much interest was there for Lord and Lady Frederick's wedding? There seems to be more coverage from both public and royal watcher circles than I expected of Lady Gabriella's wedding. Was their wedding ever shown on the news or similar outlets?

Oh my..that's approaching tacky....

LaRae

Out of curiosity since I wasn't following the extended family at the time, how much interest was there for Lord and Lady Frederick's wedding? There seems to be more coverage from both public and royal watcher circles than I expected of Lady Gabriella's wedding. Was their wedding ever shown on the news or similar outlets?

I don't think it was on the news but it made most of the papers and mags IIRC and stories about his mother in the run up, you can see why with that dress. His wife was a also known for her acting so that helped interest but otherwise it wasn't a big deal to the public.

With Gabriella, she's a female royal adjacent bride and beautiful which always helps interest, she's been in the public eye the most out of her cousins and that "tier" of the succession and worked for Hello etc. Plus it comes with renewed interest in Royal weddings in general and St George's Chapel specifically after last year.

Prince William's definitely going to the Cup Final, and I can't see the Sussexes going so soon after the birth of baby Archie. Apparently Pippa Middleton's expected to be there, despite or because of the fact that she and Thomas Kingston went out for a while!

Prince William's definitely going to the Cup Final, and I can't see the Sussexes going so soon after the birth of baby Archie. Apparently Pippa Middleton's expected to be there, despite or because of the fact that she and Thomas Kingston went out for a while!

I wouldn't even invite the Sussexes; they didn't bother to invite her.

And why wouldn't Pippa go? They were invited to her wedding so surely they'd reciprocate.

I wouldn't even invite the Sussexes; they didn't bother to invite her.

And why wouldn't Pippa go? They were invited to her wedding so surely they'd reciprocate.

I agree on both counts and the cup final dosn't actually preclude William from going to the wedding as the two events are hours apart.

Why couldn't he attend? He is her uncle.

Baron Frederick von Reibnitz may attend. However, we hardly ever hear if he visits Prince and Princess Michael of Kent. I do not know if he is married and has children.

Baron Frederick von Reibnitz may attend. However, we hardly ever hear if he visits Prince and Princess Michael of Kent. I do not know if he is married and has children.

He is a private citizen and there is very little interest in Princess Michael and her husband in the media. Except around royal events and being pushy. He could have nightly dinners with them and likely no one would know.

Couldn't find much on him. Seems he may have been married (and divorced) twice. I don't think he has kids.

Whether she dated Tom or not is questionable (she was linked to any man she was seen near). But Pippa and Tom have been friends for many years. Even if they dated, its common for exes to be invited to these society weddings. They move in the same social circles and remain on good terms. Look at how many exes are at royal weddings. Both Chelsy and Cress attended Harry and Meghan's. Tom and Gabriella invited her wedding to James.

He is a private citizen and there is very little interest in Princess Michael and her husband in the media. Except around royal events and being pushy. He could have nightly dinners with them and likely no one would know.

Couldn't find much on him. Seems he may have been married (and divorced) twice. I don't think he has kids.

Possibly he has a successful daughter called Anna Von Riebnitz.

I wonder if James Middleton will attend, and bring his French girlfriend?

I haven't heard if Gabriella and Thomas are friendly with him, so perhaps only Kate and Pippa are invited.

It is fun to speculate about who will and won't be going to this wedding.

The one I find surprising who probably won't be there is the bride's paternal uncle - The Duke of Kent. He has two engagements in Athens on the 18th and more in Greece on the 19th and 20th. I can't see him going to a noon wedding and then flying to Athens to lay a wreath and visit a warship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom