Lady Gabriella Windsor News 2: May 2007 - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so looking forward to this wedding. I wonder if the guest list and list of attendants will be released later this week. It's good too that all the furore surrounding baby Sussex has died down now and won't steal the limelight from Ella's big day.

I'm so looking forward to this wedding. I wonder if the guest list and list of attendants will be released later this week. It's good too that all the furore surrounding baby Sussex has died down now and won't steal the limelight from Ella's big day.

Unlikely any guest lists will be released.

:previous:
A mention in the DM had Gabriella shopping for shoes using a swatch of ivory material.

If it's true, it seems unlikely she'd stick to all-white flowers, so we may indeed see some lovely pastel colors! :flowers:

I am missing how the color of her dress is any sign what color flowers she will use :ermm: Its just a sign she wants matching shoes, and not some wild colored shoes under her gown.

But I do hope you are right and there are other color flowers.

I am missing how the color of her dress is any sign what color flowers she will use :ermm: Its just a sign she wants matching shoes, and not some wild colored shoes under her gown.

Yes, and I hope the bridesmaids wear a colour other than white. It was refreshing when Autumn Kelly chose green which was an unusual change.

Yes, and I hope the bridesmaids wear a colour other than white. It was refreshing when Autumn Kelly chose green which was an unusual change.

Yes, I'm hoping for blue, possibly cornflower or delphinium blue.

Depends if there are lots of little attendants, I think. At British weddings of this sort the little girls tend to be restricted to white or ivory, with contrasting sashes.

Depends if there are lots of little attendants, I think. At British weddings of this sort the little girls tend to be restricted to white or ivory, with contrasting sashes.

Yes it's almost always like that but it's not a rule set in stone. Sarah Ferguson had her little attendants in apricot coloured dresses and they were among the prettiest bridesmaids dresses I've seen at a royal wedding.

I only meant that in other recent royal weddings, the brides (Kate, Meghan, Eugenie) wore white. And had mostly white flowers.

Since Gabriella is wearing ivory, perhaps she'd prefer some color in her bouquet rather than all white. Or not. ;)

I can't wait for this wedding. Hopefully we'll get a nice glimpse of the dress!

I can't wait for this wedding. Hopefully we'll get a nice glimpse of the dress!

I'm sure it will make the tv news on a par with Peter Phillips wedding ie we should see some guests arrive then the bride and her father and then the bride and groom on those famous steps when they leave the church.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure it will make the tv news on a par with Peter Phillips wedding ie we should see some guests arrive then the bride and her father and then the bride and groom on those famous steps when they leave the church. I also hope that the Sussex's have the good sense (manners) not to post any pics on their Instagram account this weekend.
I think so too - there should be enough to see everything perfectly. I'm just very, very excited to see the dress, because I have a feeling it's gonna be a really nice one.

I have no doubt Lady Gabriella will make an exceptionally beautiful bride and I can't wait to see it.

I hope Catherine can attend herself if it now looks like William's attendance is going to be somewhat unlikely - depending on how close the Cambridges are to Lady Gabriella of course, though given their friendship with Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor I can imagine they probably know Gabriella fairly well too. I forgot we were so close to the wedding - am looking forward to it!

Possibly a magazine like Hello will provide lots of gorgeous photos and details of the special day.
Ella will be a beautiful bride, for sure, and any colour suits her.
I think her brother's wedding was published.

I'm sure Hello will cover it. She's a former columnist for them and they've been doing quite a few pre wedding stories. It remains to be seen if they'll get paid for an official exclusive.

I only meant that in other recent royal weddings, the brides (Kate, Meghan, Eugenie) wore white. And had mostly white flowers.

Since Gabriella is wearing ivory, perhaps she'd prefer some color in her bouquet rather than all white. Or not. ;)

I don't think there is any link. In the western world majority of brides wear white. Unless older bride/second time bride. The white flowers just seem to be tradition among the BRF brides.

Ivory is a shade of white. Its not that she has gone radical and modern in her dress color choice.

Not just British. Flower girls are more commonly in white. Its becoming more common to see colored flower girl dresses though.

Until Pippa, I always thought it was custom the only adult in white should be the bride.

I'm sure it will make the tv news on a par with Peter Phillips wedding ie we should see some guests arrive then the bride and her father and then the bride and groom on those famous steps when they leave the church.

I expect the full contingent of royals to be in attendance. Maybe even the Cambridges, but I have only heard of them being close to Freddie though so it also wouldn't surprise me if they didn't attend.

Possibly a magazine like Hello will provide lots of gorgeous photos and details of the special day.
Ella will be a beautiful bride, for sure, and any colour suits her.
I think her brother's wedding was published.

Her brother's wedding was also private with no senior royals. The only royals were the extended Kent family. The reason there was a huge problem with Peter selling photos was because the queen and other senior royals attended. That and the wedding was hosted and paid for by the royal family. That was not the case with Freddie's. Gabriella's is at Windsor, and senior royals will be there. It will be like Peter's wedding. She may get less flack as she is lower down the totem pole.

I doubt we will get any inside reception shots or such like Peter's. But wouldn't be surprised it at least Hello did some outside shots.

Anyways, hope Lady Ella has a wonderful day. Is there a thread to guess which tiara she’ll wear?

Her brother's wedding was also private with no senior royals. The only royals were the extended Kent family. The reason there was a huge problem with Peter selling photos was because the queen and other senior royals attended. That and the wedding was hosted and paid for by the royal family. That was not the case with Freddie's. Gabriella's is at Windsor, and senior royals will be there. It will be like Peter's wedding. She may get less flack as she is lower down the totem pole.

I doubt we will get any inside reception shots or such like Peter's. But wouldn't be surprised it at least Hello did some outside shots.

I think as long as it’s not too invasive, it shouldn’t be a problem. Zara also had a Hello spread. The issue with Peter was the photos of others at the wedding that weren’t aware they were going to end up in a magazine. On top of that, her parents aren’t actually working royals, so even less sensitivity.

:previous: Zara's is another matter. The photos from her wedding were the same any press would have got from the street. Besides one or two private shots of just the couple, they weren't exclusive photos. Peter sold photos of his reception, big difference.

The issue for most for Peter was that he a wedding paid for by his family. And then turned around and sold private photos of the same family, for profit.

Gabriella if she was married like her brother no one would protest. Unless her Kent relatives had an issue with the photos. But she is being married at the queen's home and with senior royals there. That puts her on the level wedding wise of Peter and Zara. There will be similar scrutiny.

Now she could do as Zara, and just release a private photo or two of her and her husband alone.

I think so too - there should be enough to see everything perfectly. I'm just very, very excited to see the dress, because I have a feeling it's gonna be a really nice one.

I have no doubt Lady Gabriella will make an exceptionally beautiful bride and I can't wait to see it.

I agree. :flowers:
There's been a lot of speculation that Gabriella will wear a dress by Giles Deacon, who designed Pippa's.

They are friends, and she's helped promote his fashions in the past.
But no matter who the designer is, I expect she will look elegant.

I agree. :flowers:
There's been a lot of speculation that Gabriella will wear a dress by Giles Deacon, who designed Pippa's.

They are friends, and she's helped promote his fashions in the past.
But no matter who the designer is, I expect she will look elegant.
Oh, that would be amazing! Giles Deacon did such a great job with Pippa's dress, it would be fun to see what else he can come up with.

And I agree, I expect her look to be very elegant and classic, definitely not anything over-the-top.

I have my fingers crossed she goes more Traditional..she's known to be a bit more edgy with her clothing normally...but for a wedding I'd guess she won't be.

LaRae

Please note that posts relating to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's wedding anniversary have been deleted.

I'd love to see her in something slim fitting, a bit lacy with some beading - a bit boho I suppose but obviously with the gravitas (& train/longer back) for the chapel.

It'd be good to see British seasonal flowers used & some colour. The roses are just blooming (in south facing positions) & also some peonies so I'd love to see pinks & corals with all the lilac shades. I expect it will all be white/ivory though (or such pale pastels as to be non-colours).

I'd love to see her in something slim fitting, a bit lacy with some beading - a bit boho I suppose but obviously with the gravitas (& train/longer back) for the chapel.

It'd be good to see British seasonal flowers used & some colour. The roses are just blooming (in south facing positions) & also some peonies so I'd love to see pinks & corals with all the lilac shades. I expect it will all be white/ivory though (or such pale pastels as to be non-colours).

Her mother has an penchant for the dramatic. It will be interesting to see if that aesthetic has made it to the wedding dress.

Her mother has an penchant for the dramatic. It will be interesting to see if that aesthetic has made it to the wedding dress.

Oh good grief I do hope not. Dramatic would be horrendous IMO. I'd just like her to be a little bit different in a way that suits her height & frame. And colourful flowers for a change - did I mention colour? :lol:

Gabriella is in her late 30s. I would not think Princess Michael's style would have an influence on her daughter's wedding dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom