Lady Gabriella Windsor News 2: May 2007 - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Twitter they’ll be no William, Catherine, Henry or Meghan. The York’s are expected to attend.

Oh okay. Since Ella was invited to the Cambridge wedding I just assumed she would reciprocate.

I'm glad the Queen is going, although not surprised, since I understand she has never missed a royal wedding held at Windsor.

I'm glad to see that the Queen will attend Lady Gabriella's wedding, along with other members of the royal family! St. George's Chapel is such a gorgeous venue, with awe-inspiring architecture. And particularly after H&M's and Eugenie's weddings, the site has gone down in history as the piece de resistance location for intimate British royal family weddings! The Windsor locale is chock full of fascinating history, and beautiful vistas. Frogmore House has certainly soared in popularity, as well as in the public imagination.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/image...224-787/royal-wedding-st-georges-chapel-z.jpg the scene on the steps after Peter/Amber's nuptials

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-pro...9-exterior-830201384-master-1516892405.jpg?cr
1999 wedding crowd for Edward/Sophie's wedding

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.L4rszOO_dog-sqko7H6PlwHaDt&pid=Api&P=0&w=303&h=152 Frogmore House

So, QE-II definitely will attend, and certainly Princess Eugenie who is a godmother to Frederick Windsor's daughter. Pippa Middleton should be there, possibly with Kate. Maybe two or more of the Wessexes will attend. I'm not sure we will see William due to the sporting event conflict which he skipped last year for a different royal wedding. I'm betting he won't skip the event twice in a row.

Since Meghan & Harry will probably be chillin' with their newborn by then, I don't expect to see them in attendance. Some of the Gloucesters and all of the Kents should be there. As well, perhaps the Chattos and Snowdens. Probably not Princess Anne or her husband. Certainly not Prince Phillip. Perhaps not the Tindalls and Phillipses, unless they happen to be particularly close to Gabriella.

Gabriella and her brother attended Peter and Autumn's wedding so I can imagine them being there. I don't see the Chattos or Snowdens though as Princess Margaret reportedly had an icy relationship with Princess Michael. Kate I can see attending without William if needs be.

Will be interesting to see which members of the BRF actually go.

LaRae

It will be interesting to see if Lady Gabriella uses any white daffodils or white tulips in her bridal bouquet.

William and Kate may have been invited but can't go due to the FA Cup final which William missed last year for Harry. The Sussexes will be otherwise occupied so no surprises there. Lovely that the Queen will be going though.

Who on twitter is saying the Cambridge's and Sussex's won't be going? The statement from Buckingham Palace gave no details on guests apart from the Queen. I suspect that the Sussex's won't go for obvious reasons and that's if they are invited in the first place, which isn't a given as they didn't invite the bride to be to their wedding. On a different note, I wonder if the Duchess of York will be invited. I have a strong feeling that she will as the whole Michael of Kent family attended Eugenie's and, like all the guests, enjoyed great hospitality from Andrew and Sarah.

“Lots of members of the royal family led by the Queen set to attend the wedding of Lady Gabriella Windsor and Thomas Kingston on May 18. But William and Kate, Harry and Meghan won’t be there. It’s 1st anniv weekend for the parents-to-be Sussexes. York princesses likely guests.”

Its a pity that the Cambridge's can't make it and the Sussex's will hopefully have baby news before the wedding!

“Lots of members of the royal family led by the Queen set to attend the wedding of Lady Gabriella Windsor and Thomas Kingston on May 18. But William and Kate, Harry and Meghan won’t be there. It’s 1st anniv weekend for the parents-to-be Sussexes. York princesses likely guests.”

I was under the impression that we were talking about the BP twitter account but this guy is just a reporter so this isn't official information.

Oh okay. Since Ella was invited to the Cambridge wedding I just assumed she would reciprocate.

Everyone in the extended royal family was invited to the Cambridge wedding (among the 1900 guests).

There is not saying William wasn't invited. But because of his patronage, he likely declined. Harry and Meghan of course will have a newborn.

Gabriella and her brother attended Peter and Autumn's wedding so I can imagine them being there. I don't see the Chattos or Snowdens though as Princess Margaret reportedly had an icy relationship with Princess Michael. Kate I can see attending without William if needs be.

I doubt the invitations have anything to do with Princess Margaret. More likely things like age difference. There is nearly a 20 year age difference between Gabriella and Sarah/David. I doubt they were very close growing up. Where Peter and Zara are in the same range, and at family events growing up, they likely spent time together.

I don't see Sarah being invited. She got invited to Harry's because he has a close bond with the Yorks including Sarah since the divorce even. He also invited his Uncle Charles' ex wife.

When it comes to private weddings like this, it comes down to more private relationships then any kind of obligations.

I am still interested to see who is in wedding party if kids. Her nieces, well at the least Maude, will be.

Everyone in the extended royal family was invited to the Cambridge wedding (among the 1900 guests).

There is not saying William wasn't invited. But because of his patronage, he likely declined. Harry and Meghan of course will have a newborn.

I doubt the invitations have anything to do with Princess Margaret. More likely things like age difference. There is nearly a 20 year age difference between Gabriella and Sarah/David. I doubt they were very close growing up. Where Peter and Zara are in the same range, and at family events growing up, they likely spent time together.

I don't see Sarah being invited. She got invited to Harry's because he has a close bond with the Yorks including Sarah since the divorce even. He also invited his Uncle Charles' ex wife.

When it comes to private weddings like this, it comes down to more private relationships then any kind of obligations.

I am still interested to see who is in wedding party if kids. Her nieces, well at the least Maude, will be.

I would say that the guestlist at both Eugenie and Harry's weddings were a reflection of purely private relationships too. The only one that reflected obligation was William's as he had to invite other royals, politicians etc. The people Eugenie and Harry invited were the people they wanted there and that's exactly what Gabriella will do as well.

This whole thing about her wedding being 'private' is simply that it won't be televised inside the church or have a public element.

Also as Freddie Windsor is obviously close to Eugenie (and possibly Gabriella too as she was also invited to Eugenie's wedding when many other extended cousins were not) I do indeed think that Sarah may be asked to this wedding.

I was under the impression that we were talking about the BP twitter account but this guy is just a reporter so this isn't official information.

Yes, many press reports insisted the Queen would not attend, until it was announced by BP that she would.

So I still think Kate will be there; perhaps William will attend the ceremony and then go give out the trophy. (Though really I think a relative's wedding is more important than a sports event; anyone can present that trophy).

But this wedding will definitely not be televised.

But this wedding will definitely not be televised.

There was never a suggestion that it would be. Even Eugenie's was not set to be televised (Andrew had to fight for it to happen) and she's a princess.

There was never a suggestion that it would be. Even Eugenie's was not set to be televised (Andrew had to fight for it to happen) and she's a princess.

Eugenie is not popular, and Gabriella isn't known at all by most people, except devoted royal followers. I don't think many watched Eugs wedding.. and so I'd say nobody would watch Gab's

Eugenie is not popular, and Gabriella isn't known at all by most people, except devoted royal followers. I don't think many watched Eugs wedding.. and so I'd say nobody would watch Gab's

“Nobody” is an enormous exaggeration. And ratings for Eugenie’s wedding were better than some here expected. Not of course, if comparing to Harry’s is the bar.

“Nobody” is an enormous exaggeration. And ratings for Eugenie’s wedding were better than some here expected. Not of course, if comparing to Harry’s is the bar.

I didn't watch it (E's wedding) but I got the impression that it didn't do that well though it was on a morning tv show... and people DO know who Eugenie is.. the only people who would watch G W's wedding are very dedicated royal watchers.. Of course there are some, but i'd say the numbers are low..

:prebious: Again, nobody ever suggested that this wedding would be televised - it would be the weirdest thing given that the queen's own non-royal grandchildren's weddings weren't televised.

But to set the record straight on Eugenie's wedding. It resulted in ITV's highest number of viewers since William and Catherine's wedding for thst time slot, so I am sure they beg to differ with the accurateness of 'your personal impression that it didn't do well though it was on a morning show'. And that's only for ITV, it was also broadcast in the US, Australia and livestreamed. So, millions of people were able to watch the full wedding ceremony and many more watch parts of it. So, they surely were happy that it was televised. So, good call by Andrew and fitting for a princess.

Last edited:
I didn't watch it (E's wedding) but I got the impression that it didn't do that well though it was on a morning tv show... and people DO know who Eugenie is.. the only people who would watch G W's wedding are very dedicated royal watchers.. Of course there are some, but i'd say the numbers are low..

The wedding of Princess Eugenie and Jack Brooksbank was watched by an average of three million people, giving ITV its best ratings for the time slot since William and Kate's 2011 marriage.
The extended episode of This Morning, from 09:25 BST to 12:30, had some two million extra viewers and a 46% share of the audience, up from its usual 19%.
At its peak, 3.9 million viewers tuned in to watch the wedding, held at St George's Chapel in Windsor on Friday.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-45850139

:prebious: Again, nobody ever suggested that this wedding would be televised - it would be the weirdest thing given that the queen's own non-royal grandchildren's weddings weren't televised.

But to set the record straight on Eugenie's wedding. It resulted in ITV's highest number of viewers since William and Catherine's wedding for thst time slot, so I am sure they beg to differ with the accurateness of 'your personal impression that it didn't do well though it was on a morning show'. And that's only for ITV, it was also broadcast in the US, Australia and livestreamed. So, millions of people were able to watch the full wedding ceremony and many more watch parts of it. So, they surely were happy that it was televised. So, good call by Andrew and fitting for a princess.

It wasn't my impression. Sorry perhaps I did not put it that clearly..

I "got the impression" from other people.
I did not watch myself.. .. but people on another Royal forum sad that it hadn't done that well in the ratings. I can't say for sure Im only saying what was said...
I think that tourists and non UK people seem to be more interested in royal weddings (apart from the really big ones) than UK people. I noticed that the weekend around Eug's wedding there were a lot of tourists in London..more than usual for the time of year.

Hopefully the Chattos and The Earl and Countess of Snowdon will attend the wedding.

I did not watch myself.. .. but people on another Royal forum sad that it hadn't done that well in the ratings. I can't say for sure Im only saying what was said...
I think that tourists and non UK people seem to be more interested in royal weddings (apart from the really big ones) than UK people. I noticed that the weekend around Eug's wedding there were a lot of tourists in London..more than usual for the time of year.

That impression wasn’t a bad one. 3 million viewers in the middle of a workday is good for ITV, for sure.

But looking more broadly, by royal wedding standards it was a very small number, in line with Charles and Camilla (3.6 million) but only a fraction of Harry and Meghan (29 million) or William and Kate (22.7), which had international audiences on multiple networks (and, in H&M’s case, was on a day most people have off from work) instead of one country, one channel + online, on a workday.

Thanks for clarifying; in that case 'the other people' probably had unrealistic expectations (it was never going to be as big as Harry and Meghan's) or didn't check the facts :flowers:.

That impression wasn’t a bad one. 3 million viewers in the middle of a workday is good for ITV, for sure.

But looking more broadly, by royal wedding standards it was a very small number, in line with Charles and Camilla (3.6 million) but only a fraction of Harry and Meghan (29 million) or William and Kate (22.7), which had international audiences on multiple networks (and, in H&M’s case, was on a day most people have off from work) instead of one country, one channel + online, on a workday.
Well, being in line with the (second) wedding of the future king isn't that small :flowers: - especially not for a princess that is not part of the 'core' family (as in child of a (future) monarch). I guess she got much more viewers than the weddings of the children of princes Margriet of the Netherlands and Pieter van Vollenhoven, whose weddings were broadcast live by the 'Dutch BBC' (NOS).

There were another 1.5 million in Australia (for the full wedding; most likely many more saw summaries or snippets of it); and I don't know the number in other Commonwealth countries as Canada and New Zealand; or in the US where it was also broadcasted by various networks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, being in line with the (second) wedding of the future king isn't that small :flowers: - especially not for a princess that is not part of the 'core' family (as in child of a (future) monarch). I guess she got much more viewers than the weddings of the children of princes Margriet of the Netherlands and Pieter van Vollenhoven, whose weddings were broadcast live by the 'Dutch BBC' (NOS).

There were another 1.5 million in Australia (for the full wedding; most likely many more saw summaries or snippets of it); and I don't know the number in other Commonwealth countries as Canada and New Zealand; or in the US where it was also broadcasted by various networks.

I hadn't watched it.. just looked at a few pictures afterwards... but that weekend I was in town in London and noticed a LOT of tourists.. and it was getting into October.. So myself and my companion wondered if a lot of them had come to theUK "around the time of a royal wedding..." and might have been at Windsor on the day

:previous:
A mention in the DM had Gabriella shopping for shoes using a swatch of ivory material.

If it's true, it seems unlikely she'd stick to all-white flowers, so we may indeed see some lovely pastel colors! :flowers:

William is going to the FA Cup Final, and will present the trophy. Kick off is 5pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom