Lady Gabriella Windsor News 2: May 2007 - May 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that long to go now! I'm looking forward to the wedding coverage.

Thanks for the update!
I am looking forward to seeing Lady Gabriella in an amazing dress and, hopefully, one of her mother's tiaras. One can be sure that the wedding in question will be solemn in a good way.

I agree; with her fashion sense, she is bound to look amazing.

But- I wonder if she will wear one of her mother's tiaras, or if the Queen will lend one?

(Everyone thought Eugenie would wear the York tiara, yet she chose that spectacular emerald one from the vault.)

I agree; with her fashion sense, she is bound to look amazing.

But- I wonder if she will wear one of her mother's tiaras, or if the Queen will lend one?

(Everyone thought Eugenie would wear the York tiara, yet she chose that spectacular emerald one from the vault.)

I don't think the Queen would lend one, as there is no need. Her mother has 2 beautiful tiaras and she can choose, if she is going to wear tiara at all. She might even use diamond daisies in her hair that her mother wore at Monaco wedding:

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/DAN0AT/pr...icial-dinner-on-the-opera-terraces-DAN0AT.jpg

Yes the diamond daisies would be lovely in her hair.

Last edited:
I don't think the Queen would lend one, as there is no need. Her mother has 2 beautiful tiaras and she can choose, if she is going to wear tiara at all. She might even use diamond daisies in her hair that her mother wore at Monaco wedding:

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/DAN0AT/pr...icial-dinner-on-the-opera-terraces-DAN0AT.jpg

I don't care for those daisies.

And supposedly there was no need for Eugenie to borrow a tiara either, assuming her mother still possesses the York tiara.
So it is possible the Queen would lend a different one, if Gabriella prefers it.

And supposedly there was no need for Eugenie to borrow a tiara either, assuming her mother still possesses the York tiara.
So it is possible the Queen would lend a different one, if Gabriella prefers it.

I don't like how Princess Michael wore them in Monaco with all those beads attached but they are pretty on their own. Queen Victoria's daughter Princess Louise wore them in her hair on her wedding day so it would be a nice touch if LG even wore one on her dress as a brooch.

The Kent City of London Fringe Tiara seems an obvious choice, as it was worn by her grandmother, her mother and her aunt on their big day. It would confirm a nice family tradition.

The Kent City of London Fringe Tiara seems an obvious choice, as it was worn by her grandmother, her mother and her aunt on their big day. It would confirm a nice family tradition.

Yes I'm hoping for the diamond fringe tiara as well, it is stunning.

No, her grandmother wore the Vladimer Fringe tiara, borrowed from her own mother, even though she had the City of London one.

So Gabriella may very well choose something different.

No, her grandmother wore the Vladimer Fringe tiara, borrowed from her own mother, even though she had the City of London one.

So Gabriella may very well choose something different.

Oh i didn't know that, always thought it was the City of London.
Thank you for this nice insight.

It can be confusing to tell all the fringes apart. But when comparing the pictures closely, you can see that Marina wore her mother's fringe tiara on her wedding day.

What confuses me, is that Sophie Winkelman didn't wear a tiara when she married Lord Frederick. I really hope that Gabriella will not go along the same line.

What confuses me, is that Sophie Winkelman didn't wear a tiara when she married Lord Frederick. I really hope that Gabriella will not go along the same line.

Well, once could say she did wear sort of tiara, although too small to be considered real tiara, but if you zoom the picture, one could see the base in this picture:

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Lord+Frederick+Windsor+Sophie+Winkleman+Wedding+6zpPBwWSQ-4x.jpg

Sort of bandeau tiara.

Well, it's not the same being the male-line granddaughter of the reigning Queen, who is the Princess of the UK and being a minor royal member, a royal relative, although I like particular Kents more ?

So, technically, it is possible for Queen to lend a tiara for Lady Gabriella's wedding, but I think it's highly unlikely.

I also don't care for the daises, but if she doesn't want to wear a tiara, she might opt to add some daisies in her hair, just to have some diamonds in her hair.

Last edited by a moderator:
This report claims that neither the Cambridges nor the Sussexes are expected to be invited, and that the Queen is not expected to attend either. I'm not sure how true this report is. Princess Eugenie and Pippa Middleton will definitely be invited (as Kingston is a former boyfriend who is still close to Pippa):

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...briella-windsor-thomas-kingston-wedding-news/

I wouldn't pay too much attention to this. It was written at the time the venue was announced a few months ago so it isn't official updated information. Essentially all the articles about the guestlist are pure speculation at this point.

The royal appearance of this wedding is being judged based on the low royal turnout at Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor’s wedding. It’s all a wait and see who’ll turn up at this wedding.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the BRF weren't invited or there. IIRC Gabriella was not at Harry's wedding...can't remember about Williams. I've never gotten the impression that the Wales's were close to her family.

LaRae

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the BRF weren't invited or there. IIRC Gabriella was not at Harry's wedding...can't remember about Williams. I've never gotten the impression that the Wales's were close to her family.

LaRae

Don't forget William and Harry grew up at KP, and played with Gabriella and Freddie.
So they might be closer than you imagine; Gabriella did attend William's wedding.

I think these press reports are based on attendance at Freddie's wedding, when most of the RF was away.

I will find it very strange if they don't attend Gabriella's.
Even the Queen will be right there at Windor so I don't see why she wouldn't go.

There's been some speculation that some of the European royals will attend; I just read that Gabriella was once linked with King Felipe (although I never heard of that before).

Last edited:
I would expect The Queen to be there...but not really going to be surprised if she's the lone representative.

LaRae

I just read that Gabriella was once linked with King Felipe

Sounds like a tabloid fantasy. She and her late cousin Theo Romanoff were friendly acquaintances when we were all at university, but it was definitely "a cousin thing," not at all romantic.

I'd expect one or two of the more "major" members of the BRF to be there. I read that as they have children at the same school, the Cambridges are friends with Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor; so perhaps they'll also attend Gabriella and Tom's wedding if they're friendly with them as well. We'll see.

This report claims that neither the Cambridges nor the Sussexes are expected to be invited, and that the Queen is not expected to attend either. I'm not sure how true this report is. Princess Eugenie and Pippa Middleton will definitely be invited (as Kingston is a former boyfriend who is still close to Pippa):

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/s...briella-windsor-thomas-kingston-wedding-news/
The article makes reasonable predictions about possible guests at Lady Gabriella's wedding.

Last edited:
Has there been any further news about who the bridesmaids for Lady Gabriella will be?

Lady Gabriella Windsor News 2: May 2007 -

The Queen and The Royal Family to attend Lady Gabriella Windsor’s wedding

https://t.co/JYNliroGez

Beat me to it by seconds!

“Buckingham Palace: 'The wedding of Lady Gabriella Windsor and Mr Thomas Kingston will take place at St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle on Saturday 18th May 2019. The wedding will be attended by Her Majesty The Queen, accompanied by Members of the Royal Family."

Reactions: eya
Last edited:
Excellent news... should be the chicest 'Royal' Wedding in decades...

I'm glad to see that the Queen will attend Lady Gabriella's wedding, along with other members of the royal family! St. George's Chapel is such a gorgeous venue, with awe-inspiring architecture. And particularly after H&M's and Eugenie's weddings, the site has gone down in history as the piece de resistance location for intimate British royal family weddings! The Windsor locale is chock full of fascinating history, and beautiful vistas. Frogmore House has certainly soared in popularity, as well as in the public imagination.

https://www.hellomagazine.com/image...224-787/royal-wedding-st-georges-chapel-z.jpg the scene on the steps after Peter/Amber's nuptials

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-pro...9-exterior-830201384-master-1516892405.jpg?cr
1999 wedding crowd for Edward/Sophie's wedding

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.L4rszOO_dog-sqko7H6PlwHaDt&pid=Api&P=0&w=303&h=152 Frogmore House

So, QE-II definitely will attend, and certainly Princess Eugenie who is a godmother to Frederick Windsor's daughter. Pippa Middleton should be there, possibly with Kate. Maybe two or more of the Wessexes will attend. I'm not sure we will see William due to the sporting event conflict which he skipped last year for a different royal wedding. I'm betting he won't skip the event twice in a row.

Since Meghan & Harry will probably be chillin' with their newborn by then, I don't expect to see them in attendance. Some of the Gloucesters and all of the Kents should be there. As well, perhaps the Chattos and Snowdens. Probably not Princess Anne or her husband. Certainly not Prince Phillip. Perhaps not the Tindalls and Phillipses, unless they happen to be particularly close to Gabriella.

Last edited:
I can't wait to see Catherine and William

According to Twitter they’ll be no William, Catherine, Henry or Meghan. The York’s are expected to attend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom